Xbox One X 'performing phenomenally' says NPD

#1 Edited by Xabiss (2092 posts) -

Let the shit flinging and salty talk begin.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-performing-phenomenally-says-npd

According to Mat Piscatella, an industry analyst with NPD, "Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major hardware platforms in the U.S. this year, and the Xbox One X in particular has been performing phenomenally... year-over-year growth like this at this point in the cycle has never been seen before, driven by launch of the Xbox One X and new content delivery efforts. It's a mid-generation turnaround the market's never seen before. This qualifies as phenomenal, even if not market leading."

Looks like the Xbox One X is doing just fine. :) But cows tell us the Xbox One X does not sale.

#2 Posted by Pedro (32033 posts) -

Its a solid system so no surprise. I don't expect it to outpace the cheaper counterparts anytime soon.

#3 Posted by ZmanBarzel (1505 posts) -

I’m sure it’s doing fine — as a recent purchaser of an X, I hope so — but you do realize “Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major hardware platforms in the U.S. this year” is not really something to hang your hat on, don’t you? A product that sold 100 units last period that sells 120 this one has a growth of 20 percent, while a product that sold 60 last and 75 this one has a 25 percent growth. Its growth rate is higher, though its increase in actual units is less.

#4 Posted by Xabiss (2092 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Its a solid system so no surprise. I don't expect it to outpace the cheaper counterparts anytime soon.

I dont think Microsoft ever expected the X to outperform the S. Just like Sony never expected the Pro to out pace the base.

Just glad it looks like all systems are kicking ass and we have such a bad ass industry to be excited about!

#5 Posted by XVision84 (14452 posts) -

I mean, when you're at the bottom, you can only go up :P.

#6 Posted by Techhog89 (3090 posts) -
@Pedro said:

The smell of Pedro damage control.

#7 Posted by Pedro (32033 posts) -

@techhog89 said:
@Pedro said:

The smell of Pedro damage control.

There is no damage control in my statement. Are you angry because you created a damage control thread because the Switch is kicking butt? LOL

#8 Posted by Techhog89 (3090 posts) -

@Pedro: You mean the one where my only additional input was "hehe"?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#9 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -

LOL! Of course Xbox is doing better this year than last year when sales stalled due to people playing wait-and-see with the X1X announcement. Let's see how it will do without the price cuts every week. You can't call it phenomenal when it's third every month despite throwing every promotion in the book at it.

#10 Edited by Xabiss (2092 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL! Of course Xbox is doing better this year than last year when sales stalled due to people playing wait-and-see with the X1X announcement. Let's see how it will do without the price cuts every week. You can't call it phenomenal when it's third every month despite throwing every promotion in the book at it.

This article is more about how well the Xbox One X is performing then Xbox. Cows on this forum say the X is doing terrible and it is now coming out the X is performing rather well. So keep the excuses and false narratives going.

The report even says:

It's a mid-generation turnaround the market's never seen before. This qualifies as phenomenal, even if not market leading.

Yeah they are not market leaders but since the release of the X they have never seen a mid-generation turnaround like this and that it is pretty phenomenal. Which means the $500 Xbox One X is actually performing rather well.

BTW this holiday season I still think it will be Sony<Switch<Xbox. Just seems Xbox the X is selling well based on price and all.

#11 Posted by jahnee (3863 posts) -

No surprise here. Xbox one X is a masterclass of a console. 4K gaming and 4K Blu Rays look like a generation ahead. My favorite console of all time I'd say. I also could snatch a 55" Sony XE-70 VA panel for decent HDR. Once you go HDR there is a hard time going back. The X delivers the goods.

#12 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

This article is more about how well the Xbox One X is performing then Xbox. Cows on this forum say the X is doing terrible and it is now coming out the X is performing rather well. So keep the excuses and false narratives going.

The report even says:

It's a mid-generation turnaround the market's never seen before. This qualifies as phenomenal, even if not market leading.

Yeah they are not market leaders but since the release of the X they have never seen a mid-generation turnaround like this and that it is pretty phenomenal. Which means the $500 Xbox One X is actually performing rather well.

MS is the king of false narratives. Anyway, I guess Xbox One X was selling so well they took a WHOLE hundred bucks off the thing this holiday. And MS sponsoring insane console trade-ins for it last month with Gamestop that left MS pocketing only a mere 200 dollars off their $500 console. Yeah, REAL healthy there. So excuse me if I doubt that this, or anything from Xbox is doing as well as they say.

This report is only coming out because they must have got WRECKED this Black Friday, and they need a third party outlet to do some PR damage control work for them per usual.

#13 Posted by Pedro (32033 posts) -

#14 Posted by Xabiss (2092 posts) -

@jahnee said:

No surprise here. Xbox one X is a masterclass of a console. 4K gaming and 4K Blu Rays look like a generation ahead. My favorite console of all time I'd say. I also could snatch a 55" Sony XE-70 VA panel for decent HDR. Once you go HDR there is a hard time going back. The X delivers the goods.

I run all of my games through a LG 32ud99 32" IPS 4K HDR monitor with FreeSync support and everything looks great. Just way overpriced, but I do still love it. Hell the Switch even looks good on this monitor and games like God of War/Spiderman are just breathtaking.

#15 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17940 posts) -

Not surprised... it's a very well designed piece of tech.

#16 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@Pedro said:

Who"s mad? You're the ones that keep having to delude yourselves with this console. You can't even put up any numbers to back it up because MS hides them out of shame. You people set yourselves up for disappointment. LOL!

#17 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

I was going to post the Sony fanboys are coming, but Benji's and his special kind of salt is already here LOL.

#18 Edited by sakaiXx (4196 posts) -

@zmanbarzel said:

I’m sure it’s doing fine — as a recent purchaser of an X, I hope so — but you do realize “Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major hardware platforms in the U.S. this year” is not really something to hang your hat on, don’t you? A product that sold 100 units last period that sells 120 this one has a growth of 20 percent, while a product that sold 60 last and 75 this one has a 25 percent growth. Its growth rate is higher, though its increase in actual units is less.

I hate math and facts. Always screws up opinions

#19 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

I was going to post the Sony fanboys are coming, but Benji's and his special kind of salt is already here LOL.

The only thing that's phenomenal about Xbox One is all the bullshit you can lap up when it comes to this console.

#20 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

The only thing that's phenomenal about Xbox One is all the bullshit you can lap up when it comes to this console.

Need some tissues for your issues...

#21 Posted by Techhog89 (3090 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The report even says:

BTW this holiday season I still think it will be Sony<Switch<Xbox. Just seems Xbox the X is selling well based on price and all.

Nah, Switch will win overall. Unless Sony is holding back, December won't be a great month for them.

#22 Posted by Xabiss (2092 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The report even says:

MS is the king of false narratives. Anyway, I guess Xbox One X was selling so well they took a WHOLE hundred bucks off the thing this holiday. And MS sponsoring insane console trade-ins for it last month with Gamestop that left MS pocketing only a mere 200 dollars off their $500 console. Yeah, REAL healthy there. So excuse me if I doubt that this, or anything from Xbox is doing as well as they say.

This report is only coming out because they must have got WRECKED this Black Friday, and they need a third party outlet to do some PR damage control work for them per usual.

WTF Microsoft did not even release this information you idiot. This report is from NPD and from their analyst. Holy shit is this even real right now! Your reading comprehension level is beyond shit through your fanboy eyes. Wow!

So with that and your false narratives you create and the bullshit you just make up. I am done with you.

#23 Posted by Xabiss (2092 posts) -
@techhog89 said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The report even says:

Nah, Switch will win overall. Unless Sony is holding back, December won't be a great month for them.

You could be right, only time will tell. If all of the consoles sold a million plus that would be awesome in my book. I love to see a healthy industry.

#24 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The report even says:

WTF Microsoft did not even release this information you idiot. This report is from NPD and from their analyst. Holy shit is this even real right now! Your reading comprehension level is beyond shit through your fanboy eyes. Wow!

So with that and your false narratives you create and the bullshit you just make up. I am done with you.

Whatever, you know this system is doing poorly. That's why you have to find any little nugget to hang onto. Mat is just another shill for their garbage. He talks about Xbox every month like that proud doting parent that can't admit to themselves they have an obnoxious dumb kid.

"It's doing so well! Isn't Xbox doing well?"

If you keep having to say it like that, then the answer is obviously no.

#25 Edited by WhatAFailure (162 posts) -

Highest growth after following some of the worst sales last year. No wonder it had growth. If I've been eating cheese on crackers for weeks, and suddenly, I start getting microwave pizza, even that starts looking like gourmet stuff.

If I were an executive and had a choice to join one of these companies, Sony seems way more stable with a brighter future right now. Xbox One exclusives situation is a mess, the sales of the system (despite having the most powerful console, 4K player, countless sales and Taco Bell deals) are poor. When Xbox 360 sells 85+ million and the Xbox One is around 40+ million, that's bad. And when the Switch is about to pass it, that's even worse.

Anyone who thinks things are going "just fine" in Xbox One land is just doing damage control.You sound like someone who has been eating cheese & crackers for months and have vitamin deficiencies.

#26 Posted by pdogg93 (1210 posts) -

Xbox one total sales are pathetic. 5 years in and they’ve got served nearly every single npd. Why are people deluding themselves into thinking anything other than they lost this gen miserably??

#27 Posted by knight-k (2160 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

If Xbone is doing so well, then why doesn't microsoft release official sales numbers lemming?

#28 Edited by kenshiro3948 (359 posts) -
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:

If Xbone is doing so well, then why doesn't microsoft release official sales numbers lemming?

Watch as he does mental gymnastics and tries every damage control method possible to avoid this question lol, sad!

OT: Easy to show growth when your sales last year stalled. Sales last year were some of the worst in Xbox history. Switch and PS4 have been doing so well that they won't show as much growth as a console that has been on life support for most of the year and has had to rely on fire sales too prevent itself from being completely buried every month. NPD results will show the true story. At this point all MS does is PR and they sill haven' won an NPD in 2 years. Not even during the launch month of the X.

#29 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

Look at all these salty X haters. Enjoy the inferior Multiplats until at least 2020. There is no PS5 next year unless it's priced at $700. So Quack enjoy waiting for your Days Flop.

#30 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -

I've asked Santa for one........ Still can't emulate Xbox games so need an X for BC...

#31 Posted by knight-k (2160 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Look at all these salty X haters. Enjoy the inferior Multiplats until at least 2020. There is no PS5 next year unless it's priced at $700. So Quack enjoy waiting for your Days Flop.

Where are those official sales numbers lemming?

Meanwhile we get frequent updates from Sony, PS4 almost at 90 mil. Meanwhile MS is silent as fck because we all know why...

#32 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@kenshiro3948 said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Watch as he does mental gymnastics and tries every damage control method possible to avoid this question lol, sad!

OT: Easy to show growth when your sales last year stalled. Sales last year were some of the worst in Xbox history. Switch and PS4 have been doing so well that they won't show as much growth as a console that has been on life support for most of the year and has had to rely on fire sales too proven itself from being completely buried every month. NPD results will show the true story. At this point all MS does is PR and they sill haven' won an NPD in 2 years. Not even during the launch month of the X.

I got an even better question and that is, tell me cows where did I say it was doing well within this thread?

You guys are easily shook and very easy to bait, look at Benji having a meltdown over this, and now look at quacks essay lol.

Oh and quack how do you know that sales were the worst in Xbox history last year if they don't release sales numbers, you always fall over yourself quack lol.

#33 Edited by kenshiro3948 (359 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:

OT: Easy to show growth when your sales last year stalled. Sales last year were some of the worst in Xbox history. Switch and PS4 have been doing so well that they won't show as much growth as a console that has been on life support for most of the year and has had to rely on fire sales too proven itself from being completely buried every month. NPD results will show the true story. At this point all MS does is PR and they sill haven' won an NPD in 2 years. Not even during the launch month of the X.

I got an even better question and that is, tell me cows where did I say it was doing well within this thread?

You guys are easily shook and very easy to bait, look at Benji having a meltdown over this, and now look at quacks essay lol.

Oh and quack how do you know that sales were the worst in Xbox history last year if they don't release sales numbers, you always fall over yourself quack lol.

You didn't answer the man's question. You did exactly like I predicted. You're spinning and damage controlling and totally avoiding his question. You're a predictable joke and a buffoon at this point lol.

Stop asking stupid question and answer there man's simple question. If Xbox is doing as well as you claim how come MS is hiding numbers? Sony is at almost 90 million, Nintendo discloses their numbers every fiscal report. Meanwhile MS is hiding their numbers and releasing bullshit PR statements while getting wrecked in NPD every month for the past 2 years lol.

#34 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@kenshiro3948 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:

You didn't answer the man's question. You did exactly like I predicted. You're spinning and damage control and totally avoiding his question. You're a predictable joke and a buffoon at this point lol.

He's sort of answering without really answering. It's clear he doesn't think it is doing well but he can't explicitly say it because the part of his brain dedicated to MS unconditional devotion would short-circuit lol.

#35 Posted by knight-k (2160 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@knight-k said:

You didn't answer the man's question. You did exactly like I predicted. You're spinning and damage control and totally avoiding his question. You're a predictable joke and a buffoon at this point lol.

He's sort of answering without really answering. It's clear he doesn't think it is doing well but he can't explicitly say it because the part of his brain dedicated to MS unconditional devotion would short-circuit lol.

Most accurate description of IPdaily ever.

#36 Posted by phbz (3823 posts) -

So much salty cow meat.

#37 Edited by Sagemode87 (1328 posts) -

@xhawk27: Does the One and OG Xbox One just not exist anymore? You know, the consoles that 95 percent of Xbox gamers use? Keep hiding behind a 500 dollar niche console as if it's the main competitor. Btw Cows, stop taking the bait. Lems know they lost this generation horribly which is why they keep pretending One X is the only Xbox that exists now. Crapgamer has made an entire YouTube channel from what I'd like to call Damage Con-Trolling. Guess they have to pretend they won something as MS has been getting slaughtered this gen. No amount of extra pixels is going to change that.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#38 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23384 posts) -

Sounds like he is a passive aggressive lem

#39 Posted by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: what makes you think that?

#40 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8230 posts) -

So what are the numbers? All we have is M$ telling us it's awesome.

#41 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

Over Black Friday 3 people bought an xOneX, that's an increase of 200%

#42 Posted by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@ArchoNils2: I was one of them! Bloody loving it.

#43 Edited by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -
@boycie said:

@ArchoNils2: I was one of them! Bloody loving it.

Nice to hear you enjoy your purchase :) I was thinking about it too, but I mostly care for the 4k BluRay support. But then I decided to let it be because I barely use my xOne since most games run better on my PC anyways.

My point was mainly to say that something having higher sales than before doesn't mean it sells good. A 200% increase in sales could literally only be 2 devices. So the xOneX having the highest growth doesn't mean it outsells anything.

#44 Posted by robert_sparkes (1749 posts) -

The question is how bad was it selling before.

#45 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@zappat said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Got all the cows (alts & all) in a spin, dance for me my puppets lol.

#46 Posted by knight-k (2160 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@zappat said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Got all the cows (alts & all) in a spin, dance for me my puppets lol.

Lol, what's up with lemmings accusing cows of being alts when they get owend?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#47 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23384 posts) -
@boycie said:

@SolidGame_basic: what makes you think that?

His comment about 'console warring' lol.

#48 Posted by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: he has a point though. Outside of SW do you actually give a shit how well your console is selling? You don’t actually win anything.

#49 Edited by bajpai123 (1 posts) -

@techhog89:

u are a great artist if you draw it then it is amazing

#50 Posted by sealionact (3227 posts) -

@Sagemode87: How have lems lost the war....because Sony have sold more consoles? How does that affect lems?

You make a choice. You either get a PS4 and enjoy the handful of exclusives that justify getting it, or - in my case - you get the x1x which has the best versions of the vast, vast majority of games as well as the handful of exclusives on x1x.

Looking at the choices, I can't say I feel I'm on the losing side.