Xbox One X destroys PC in value, build me a comparable PC with pre-mining prices, easy you can't!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight: Lol, stop posting that gif... makes me giggle every time.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@quadknight: Lol, stop posting that gif... makes me giggle every time.

XD Never lol!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight: Lol. Geez how many are there ffs.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@quadknight: Lol. Geez how many are there ffs.

:P There's four of them I think.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Classic Xposed_Clown thread

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@theone86 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

If I had a choice between a PC that performed worse than an Xbox 1 for the same price.

I would choose the PC everytime.

Poor peasants, so busy fighting over premium consoles, forgetting all of their shortcomings outside of "Hur dur 4k"

And here's my point, what harm would it do to make consoles multi-functional? They're literally just PCs whose operating systems are locked down to stop users from using them for anything but gaming and media. Technically speaking, unlocking them wouldn't cost a darn thing, it's just a software change. Why do people want something that can do a million different things, but won't because the people who sold it to you designed it to not be able to? Let's see, $500 on something that will only play games, doesn't have a decent mod community, and will be obsolete in about five years, or $600-700 on something that runs just as well, will do things like word processing and media editing, and that I can upgrade when it starts to decline instead of buying a whole new system?

Probably want to keep 'em closed to prevent pirating. Besides personally I want to keep PC and game consoles separate. Wouldn't do any PC stuff with a console anyways, more unapproved/untested software and crap just raises the risk of being unstable and who wants to troubleshoot their console instead of playing some games?

pouriarjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 pouriarjj
Member since 2018 • 168 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

I know we're all accustomed to seeing those cheap builds with all sorts of components stuffed in cheap cases, no Windows and so on and so forth.

Some of them even come close to the $500 price tag of the X. Now allow me to explain why those comparisons are not only ridiculous but also dishonest.

The reason is SIZE. A small form factor such as with the X is EXPENSIVE. The X uses mostly laptop parts to achieve it's small footprint and performance. It achieves this while also having a UHD Blu-Ray player, very quiet and runs cool. It even comes with a controller and some games on a deal.

The honest comparison would be build a PC the same size and with the same performance as the X with the budget of $500. You won't even come close. You can't do it even with those Frankenstein builds, imagine with the small form factor cool and quiet htpc, laughable!

How much does a laptop with X performance cost? Anywhere near $500? I am giving you guys pre-mining prices. It won't make a difference, who wants to waste their time coming up with a build that comes even close?

except after building a pc you don't have to pay 60 buck a year for playing online and you have access to steam sales and also you never have to buy another pc again you just upgrade it part by part while after a new console comes out you have to pay the price of a new console

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 MonsieurX

@pouriarjj said:
@Xplode_games said:

I know we're all accustomed to seeing those cheap builds with all sorts of components stuffed in cheap cases, no Windows and so on and so forth.

Some of them even come close to the $500 price tag of the X. Now allow me to explain why those comparisons are not only ridiculous but also dishonest.

The reason is SIZE. A small form factor such as with the X is EXPENSIVE. The X uses mostly laptop parts to achieve it's small footprint and performance. It achieves this while also having a UHD Blu-Ray player, very quiet and runs cool. It even comes with a controller and some games on a deal.

The honest comparison would be build a PC the same size and with the same performance as the X with the budget of $500. You won't even come close. You can't do it even with those Frankenstein builds, imagine with the small form factor cool and quiet htpc, laughable!

How much does a laptop with X performance cost? Anywhere near $500? I am giving you guys pre-mining prices. It won't make a difference, who wants to waste their time coming up with a build that comes even close?

except after building a pc you don't have to pay 60 buck a year for playing online and you have access to steam sales and also you never have to buy another pc again you just upgrade it part by part while after a new console comes out you have to pay the price of a new console

Yeah...that's why everyone kept everything in their original 486 cases

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@pouriarjj said:
@Xplode_games said:

and...

Steam (as just an example) released more than 7000 games in 2017 alone so the variety is far larger then consoles and yes..many of those thousands of games are good if your into the genre

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@theone86 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

If I had a choice between a PC that performed worse than an Xbox 1 for the same price.

Poor peasants, so busy fighting over premium consoles, forgetting all of their shortcomings outside of "Hur dur 4k"

And here's my point, what harm would it do to make consoles multi-functional? They're literally just PCs whose operating systems are locked down to stop users from using them for anything but gaming and media. Technically speaking, unlocking them wouldn't cost a darn thing, it's just a software change. Why do people want something that can do a million different things, but won't because the people who sold it to you designed it to not be able to? Let's see, $500 on something that will only play games, doesn't have a decent mod community, and will be obsolete in about five years, or $600-700 on something that runs just as well, will do things like word processing and media editing, and that I can upgrade when it starts to decline instead of buying a whole new system?

You just touched on Microsoft's Trump card. If they release a next gen Xbox with a Ryzen CPU, 15 teraflop GPU and make it run full Windows for $500, they will smash Sony. Sony won't have an answer other than to pay Microsoft the licensing fee to include Windows in their Playstation as well. At that point Microsoft would be making money from PC, Xbox and Playstation sales.

I don't know why Microsoft doesn't do that. I think they should and maybe they will for the next gen Xbox. That will guarantee they will dethrone Sony and put them in the strongest position they have ever been IMHO.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@theone86 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

You just touched on Microsoft's Trump card. If they release a next gen Xbox with a Ryzen CPU, 15 teraflop GPU and make it run full Windows for $500, they will smash Sony. Sony won't have an answer other than to pay Microsoft the licensing fee to include Windows in their Playstation as well. At that point Microsoft would be making money from PC, Xbox and Playstation sales.

I don't know why Microsoft doesn't do that. I think they should and maybe they will for the next gen Xbox. That will guarantee they will dethrone Sony and put them in the strongest position they have ever been IMHO.

That would literally be Microsoft selling PC's at the specs you mentioned for $500.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Why would you buy a value PC?

Get a real one, and have the considerably superior version of every game on XB1X, much much better library each year, mods, and actual competitive online.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Xplode_games

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

That's my gaming build son. My office work build consists of a 3770K with 16GB DDR3 and a mighty R9 380 8GB, Also my 4 core 4.2GHz i5 runs rings around the current generation of consoles... Core's mean very little past 4 its why Ryzen 6/8 core CPU's get curb stomped by overclocked 6600K's and 8350K's.

Its for games though right?... If I connect the X1X it to my 21:9 monitor can I play games at 21:9 and 144Hz?... I am really interesting in investing into the X, just wanted to know If I could still use my GAMING monitor with it.

1. Your i5 doesn't run rings around consoles. Your 1080 ti does as it should with the massive $750 price and that was before the miners. If you were to take your i5 and pair it with your R9 380, the X would destroy it. That is the reason MS went with the super powerful GPU and weak CPU. Maybe that's why you did the same with your gaming build.

2. I own a Dell 34" Ultrawide monitor and I have never tried connecting my X to it. I suspect it won't support the full 21:9 aspect ratio. You would get black bars on the side so it would be pointless. Also, home consoles target 30 or 60 fps and nothing higher so the 144hz of your monitor would be useless.

A i5 4670K at 4.2Ghz doesn't run rings around a AMD 2.3Ghz bulldozer APU?...

You might need a transplant or something, every i5 at stock clocks destroys the FX series of AMD CPU's at double the clocks of the chip inside the consoles.

A 2.3Ghz bulldozer apu... Would destroy a i5 K CPU overclocked?... You know here the X1X would be on this chart below?...

My point is an i5 by itself is rather useless for gaming. You have to pair it with quite a beefy GPU in order to equal or surpass the X's performance. Maybe that's why you paired it with a $750(pre-mining) GPU?

What?... if you pair the Xbox one X GPU it would perform better than a X1X. The GTX 1080 isn't being bottlenecked by a i3 but is being bottlenecked by a FX 3.2Ghz CPU.

Where is your common sense?

Microsoft didn't have the option to add in an i5 instead of their CPU. If they added an i5(equivalent), then they would've had to have a weaker GPU to stay in the same $500 price point. The choice they made was the right one, the strongest GPU possible for the money then they beefed up the Cache and clocks on their CPU the most they could and that was it.

You're comparing it to desktop CPUs that cost over $200 for the CPU alone and GPUs that cost $750 for the GPU alone.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TryIt

do you guys even play games?

or just measure Hz and framerates and prices

sorry I just peek in from time to time and just have to roll my eyes

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Xplode_games

@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

That's my gaming build son. My office work build consists of a 3770K with 16GB DDR3 and a mighty R9 380 8GB, Also my 4 core 4.2GHz i5 runs rings around the current generation of consoles... Core's mean very little past 4 its why Ryzen 6/8 core CPU's get curb stomped by overclocked 6600K's and 8350K's.

Its for games though right?... If I connect the X1X it to my 21:9 monitor can I play games at 21:9 and 144Hz?... I am really interesting in investing into the X, just wanted to know If I could still use my GAMING monitor with it.

1. Your i5 doesn't run rings around consoles. Your 1080 ti does as it should with the massive $750 price and that was before the miners. If you were to take your i5 and pair it with your R9 380, the X would destroy it. That is the reason MS went with the super powerful GPU and weak CPU. Maybe that's why you did the same with your gaming build.

2. I own a Dell 34" Ultrawide monitor and I have never tried connecting my X to it. I suspect it won't support the full 21:9 aspect ratio. You would get black bars on the side so it would be pointless. Also, home consoles target 30 or 60 fps and nothing higher so the 144hz of your monitor would be useless.

You might need a transplant or something, every i5 at stock clocks destroys the FX series of AMD CPU's at double the clocks of the chip inside the consoles.

A 2.3Ghz bulldozer apu... Would destroy a i5 K CPU overclocked?... You know here the X1X would be on this chart below?...

My point is an i5 by itself is rather useless for gaming. You have to pair it with quite a beefy GPU in order to equal or surpass the X's performance. Maybe that's why you paired it with a $750(pre-mining) GPU?

how is it useless for gaming?

An i5 by itself. In other words, using the onboard graphics and no discrete GPU. Wouldn't you agree that an i5 is useless for gaming that way?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Xplode_games

@NFJSupreme said:

@Xplode_games: no it doesn’t. I built my PC in 2012. It’s STILL more powerful than the x1x. It has more games. Does more things and has provided me 6 years of entertainment and still going strong. X1x can only hope to be a thing 6 years from now. To me none of these consoles provide the value my pc has and I own them all. If I had to only pick one I’d burn every console I owned before I got rid of my pc.

A PC built 6 years ago is a lot weaker than an X. State your specs please.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:

What?... if you pair the Xbox one X GPU it would perform better than a X1X. The GTX 1080 isn't being bottlenecked by a i3 but is being bottlenecked by a FX 3.2Ghz CPU.

Microsoft didn't have the option to add in an i5 instead of their CPU. If they added an i5(equivalent), then they would've had to have a weaker GPU to stay in the same $500 price point. The choice they made was the right one, the strongest GPU possible for the money then they beefed up the Cache and clocks on their CPU the most they could and that was it.

You're comparing it to desktop CPUs that cost over $200 for the CPU alone and GPUs that cost $750 for the GPU alone.

The absolute fruck is wrong with you?... You are the one who said your "your i5 doesn't run rings around the consoles", I prove you wrong then you respond with the money argument again?...

My lord.

The X1X in terms of price to performance is excellent, but so is every consoles... Hell the PS4 pro in terms of price to performance is even better than the X1X and actually has games that are exclusive to it.

Just stop the insecure trolling, thanks to all games being on PC that are on the Xbox One X and the fact that I use a X1 controller... My PC is essentially a Xbox One XL.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@zaryia said:

Get a real one

I ask you the same thing every week! When are you finally going to upgrade your POS PC?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Xplode_games

@pouriarjj said:
@Xplode_games said:

For 60 dollars a year you get online as well as 48 games so you're not just paying for online, you're also paying for 48 games a year. On X you also have sales very similar to steam sales. Especially since steam sales the last couple of years have been crappy anyway. Maybe that's why Xbox sales have caught up.

With a console you can't upgrade it. But you buy the new console and you sell your old one towards the purchase of the new console. Then you keep all of your games and everything only the are enhanced. Kind of like when you upgrade your cell phone. You can sell your old one to offset the price of the new one and you keep everything.

Btw, I am not advocating that an Xbox One X or any console is better than a PC. I don't believe that and I have never said that. The claim I am making in this thread is that those who argue that you can build a PC for the same price as an X are wrong to the point of being ridiculous.

I have a PC and I think the X is a great compliment to a gaming PC. I also own a Switch btw.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 MonsieurX

@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:

An i5 by itself. In other words, using the onboard graphics and no discrete GPU. Wouldn't you agree that an i5 is useless for gaming that way?

Just like a Xbox X is useless by itself.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GioVela2010

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

thanks to all games being on PC that are on the Xbox One X and the fact that I use a X1 controller... My PC is essentially a Xbox One XL.

Without th superior HDR and Atmos support of course. Kind of a dumbed down X1X in a way.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TryIt
@Xplode_games said:
@pouriarjj said:
@Xplode_games said:

For 60 dollars a year you get online as well as 48 games so you're not just paying for online, you're also paying for 48 games a year. On X you also have sales very similar to steam sales. Especially since steam sales the last couple of years have been crappy anyway. Maybe that's why Xbox sales have caught up.

lol..

but your access is like the equivalent of 1/16th internet.

paying money to access the internet on top of your internet provider is the most absurd rip off I have ever heard of.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@MonsieurX said:
@pouriarjj said:
@Xplode_games said:

This is just too stupid to even be slightly funny.

How long since AT has been retired and ATX has been around.....? Lulz.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TryIt
@dxmcat said:
@MonsieurX said:
@pouriarjj said:
@Xplode_games said:

This is just too stupid to even be slightly funny.

How long since AT has been retired and ATX has been around.....? Lulz.

about as long as console gamers still pay for access to the internet on top of their internet access, still buy games on CDs, likely still have cable TV and audio cassettes they listen to from time to time and still think 1080p is something ANYONE games on anymore

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#126 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Xplode_games: Oh look... Exposed Clown is making threads again. Seriously... PC gaming is about quality and not low budget garbage hardware crammed into a little box.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TryIt
@BassMan said:

@Xplode_games: Oh look... Exposed Clown is making threads again. Seriously... PC gaming is about quality and not low budget garbage hardware crammed into a little box.

we have to just keep saying that daily for about 10 years it will eventually sink for them..

maybe

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@GioVela2010: Atmos... How does it sound?... Oh wait you only had money for the TV and sub, makes sense you saved money and got a X1X to.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#129 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Most powerful console ever released.

Still can't maintain 60FPS in Doom.

That's not something to be proud of.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Yeah but no one is promoting gaming that way

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Xplode_games

@zaryia said:

Get a real one, and have the considerably superior version of every game on XB1X, much much better library each year, mods, and actual competitive online.

How good is gaming typically on value PCs? This would be great phenomenal gaming at the highest level and also a full PC OS so that it can be used as a modest PC. It is a brilliant move and should be done ASAP.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Xplode_games

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

The absolute fruck is wrong with you?... You are the one who said your "your i5 doesn't run rings around the consoles", I prove you wrong then you respond with the money argument again?...

My lord.

The X1X in terms of price to performance is excellent, but so is every consoles... Hell the PS4 pro in terms of price to performance is even better than the X1X and actually has games that are exclusive to it.

Just stop the insecure trolling, thanks to all games being on PC that are on the Xbox One X and the fact that I use a X1 controller... My PC is essentially a Xbox One XL.

Let me see here that is quite a statement you made. The Xbox One X costs 25% more than the Playstation 4 Pro. Yet it has 40% more power, 150% the RAM and a UHD Blu-Ray Player. You really think the PS4 Pro is the better value hardware wise?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 dxmcat
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@GioVela2010: Atmos... How does it sound?... Oh wait you only had money for the TV and sub, makes sense you saved money and got a X1X to.

Don't get him started. He will start spamming pictures of his hardwood floor, 12" distance between L/C/R channels , and 18" Sub. And his superior OLED with image retention problems & all.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@Xplode_games: It has better games.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Xplode_games:

4.2 TFLOPS vs 6 TFLOPS = 30%

$400 vs $500 = 20%

10% price to performance advantage... But has no exclusives thanks to PC, pay a $100 more to play what?...

PC + Switch + Pro is the best thing a gamer can do, exclusive AAA games on the consoles and 60FPS on the multi platform games with a PC.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@GioVela2010 said:
@dxmcat said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Don't get him started. He will start spamming pictures of his hardwood floor, 12" distance between L/C/R channels , and 18" Sub. And his superior OLED with image retention problems & all.

L/R are 6.5 feet apart.

my rug is 12x9 feet

Oled is superior

my 18” Subwoofer makes your female companions WET

Sorry Atmos or bust.

By not having atmos your experiencing only the visual delusion of superiority, you need both delusions to be fully xboxed.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GioVela2010

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@dxmcat said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

L/R are 6.5 feet apart.

my rug is 12x9 feet

Oled is superior

Sorry Atmos or bust.

By not having atmos your experiencing only the visual delusion of superiority, you need both delusions to be fully xboxed.

Lol I have Atmos

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 dxmcat

Oled still has image retention and burn-in.

There is a reason every screen out there is not OLED. Its just like Plasma. Wait and See.

12'x9'. Great. Whats the room dimensions then? Cause theres clearly at least 2' of hardwood between that rug and your front wall.

I said Left Center Right, not just L/R.

Also, the random in-wall Polks you got for your Atmos vertical channels are probably not even close to timbre matched to the rest of your setup...

Wheres that other guy who mentioned something about getting into e-dick measuring contests on forums? Just cause you have $ doesnt mean you know anything.

Do what works for you, but dont expect other people to bow down to your cash throwing ability.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By GioVela2010

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@Xplode_games:

$400 vs $500 = 20%

10% price to performance advantage... But has no exclusives thanks to PC, pay a $100 more to play what?...

PC + Switch + Pro is the best thing a gamer can do, exclusive AAA games on the consoles and 60FPS on the multi platform games with a PC.

You mean X1X+Switch+Pro is the best thing a gamer can do. PC has no exclusives thanks to Xbox. Excflusve AAA Games, Best Multiplats, Best HDR and Atmos Support.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Zaryia
@dxmcat said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

His RUG and Subwoofer disprove Digital Foundry 100%

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@GioVela2010 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@dxmcat said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

L/R are 6.5 feet apart.

my rug is 12x9 feet

Oled is superior

Sorry Atmos or bust.

Lol I have Atmos

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@GioVela2010 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@Xplode_games:

$400 vs $500 = 20%

You mean X1X+Switch+Pro is the best thing a gamer can do. PC has no exclusives thanks to Xbox. Excflusve AAA Games, Best Multiplats, Best HDR and Atmos Support.

Oh God no, 30FPS when you don't have to?...

I cannot imagine playing games PUBG on the X1X, I would rather play Doom on my switch.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@dxmcat said:

L/R are 6.5 feet apart.

my rug is 12x9 feet

Oled is superior

Sorry Atmos or bust.

Lol I have Atmos

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GioVela2010

@dxmcat said:

There is a reason every screen out there is not OLED. Its just like Plasma. Wait and See.

12'x9'. Great. Whats the room dimensions then? Cause theres clearly at least 2' of hardwood between that rug and your front wall.

Also, the random in-wall Polks you got for your Atmos vertical channels are probably not even close to timbre matched to the rest of your setup...

Wheres that other guy who mentioned something about getting into e-dick measuring contests on forums? Just cause you have $ doesnt mean you know anything.

Do what works for you, but dont expect other people to bow down to your cash throwing ability.

I love how you posted a diagram that shows my L/R is within spec. Thanks!

Feel free to post a diagram showing how far LCR should be away from each other

The Speakers sound amazing, only sound subpar when the sectional sofa is out of the room

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By dxmcat
@GioVela2010 said:
@dxmcat said:

Do what works for you, but dont expect

other people to bow down to your cash throwing ability.

The Speakers sound amazing, only sound subpar when the sectional sofa is out of the room

Love how you ignore more than half of my post too. Why is your center aimed towards the back of your ceiling? rofl. Stadium seating?

Its ok. I wouldn't feel great being called a rich idiot either.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Zaryia
@dxmcat said: I wouldn't feel great being called a rich idiot either.

His house is pretty small, which allows easy purchasing of electronics.

But anyway, spending around $10,000+ on a family setup like that just to play games at 15-30 fps on low, have a trash library, and no real online is silly. Spend 10% extra of that so you can actually use all those items to their full extent. He seems to just be trolling.

It's kind of like how some people spend tons of cash to make a Honda Civic look and be fast. It's still a shitty Honda Civic, and the guy in the Ferrari will still laugh at you and take your babe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

I think he meant "PS4". Anyway, consoles do beat PC's at the same pricepoint the majority of the time, but PC gamers generally aren't limited in their budgets and can afford to spend more in order to improve the performance of their games. The other option is to save and purchase both, as many true gamers do.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 GioVela2010

@dxmcat said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@dxmcat said:

Do what works for you, but dont expect

other people to bow down to your cash throwing ability.

Love how you ignore more than half of my post too. Why is your center aimed towards the back of your ceiling? rofl. Stadium seating?

Its ok. I wouldn't feel great being called a rich idiot either.

My cieling? Seriously? at that angle the sound waves would have to travel 70-90 feet to hit a cieling