Xbox One X CPU Boost Mode enabled via new SDK = 60 fps option on games!

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

You can go ahead and call it beast mode if you want but the point is it will give you the option of a 60 fps mode with the CPU boost mode. This is great news because it means developers have the option of enabling a 1080p Ultra PC graphics with a rock solid 60 fps on every single game that they choose to enable it for. This is great for people who haven't upgraded to 4k TVs also even if you did upgrade to 4k TV, this may simply make more sense for playing some games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

The CPU will still be a bottleneck regardless of how much your fanboy mind wants to believe otherwise. Not all games will be able to achieve 1080p/60fps.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@BassMan: Lol don't worry... your machine you spent thousands of dollars on will still be "better", ok. No need to get your panties in a twist.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BassMan
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@BassMan: Lol don't worry... your machine you spent thousands of dollars on will still be "better", ok. No need to get your panties in a twist.

It's not about being better. It is about accurate information and realistic expectations. I don't like people hyping bullshit and spreading false information.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

can't watch the video, what the basis/source for this CPU Boost Mode claim?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Can't wait to pick up my Scorpio edition, only 2 months now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01

@BassMan: Lol, you sure? You PC gamers like to let us "console peasants" know who's got it "better".

But anyway I don't think we expect every game to be able to achieve 60fps. It depends on the game/dev/engine. But most should be able to.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

Lol @ MS copying The Mighty Pro

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I don't think he had any worries

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BassMan

@hrt_rulz01: Everybody knows PC is the best. It is still fun to make fun of the consoles though. Especially since we are going into 2018, they are releasing a "premium" console and it still can not do 60fps on all games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: That's not the point BassMass was making, it's really the CPU Jaguar that's gonna be bottleneck achieving any games hitting 60fps other then 1st party games is all he's saying. Still however, the hardware is really impressive to say the least.

And no, as a PC gamer, I don't look down on console gamers, even peasants :)

Buuuut you cannot denied that PC is and will always be the Ultimate gaming experience!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Sounds like it could be a great feature. I like it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

? Not with that shitty Jaguar CPU it ain't. If you want 60 fps in most games you're just gonna have to invest in a PC. This will just stabilize framerates like the boost mode on the Pro. No software optimization in the world can make up for a potato CPU like the one in the XboneX.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01

@davillain-: PC can provide the best experience, if you spend the money. But not all PCs are created equal, so saying PC is categorically better is abit of a generalised statement.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01: Not all consoles are created equal either. You get what you pay for. XboneX is still a premium product for most console gamers the same way a high-end GPU is a premium for most PCs.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@quadknight: Yes, true.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Word on the street is it has a super duper beast mode that does 12k/120FPS.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

We'll see once the games come out. No point getting excited then disappointed. Good to know MS is giving Devs options to help reach 60FPS.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@lrdfancypants said:

Word on the street is it has a super duper beast mode that does 12k/120FPS.

4D too

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

I'll take the wait and see approach. Both sides of the argument will no doubt get carried away...

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

I'll want to see some black and white on how it actually works

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Like QuadKnight stated, you'll get what you pay for in the end. I always say a $600-$800 PC build is a good way to go there if anyone really cares. Me, I spend around $1,500 if everything was brand new from the ground up, but at the end, you'll get what you pay for.

Xbox One X is still great for any none PC gamers and from what I seen, it's still en impressive console machine.

Edit: Nintendo Switch is a totally different machine compare to the twins and that ain't created equal.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@pinkanimal:

Correct. Guy said the 4D mimicked weather effects. Snow slaps you in the face during a 12K/120FPS ROTR run.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@davillain-: I think more than just 1st party MS games are gonna run at 60fps on X1X. Even on the OG X1 there's several 3rd party 60fps games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Dealer is the WORST. Don't pay this delusional fanboy any attention. He has been exposed so many times in his comment section it's incredible.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Butthurt X1X haters OWNED!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BassMan

@xhawk27 said:
@BassMan said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

It's not about being better. It is about accurate information and realistic expectations. I don't like people hyping bullshit and spreading false information.

But you are ok when Sony does it?

I don't give a shit about Sony, MS, and Nintendo. I care about games. I own all the consoles for the exclusives, but I play all games on PC whenever possible because it offers the best quality experience. I won't be buying X1X because the MS games are on PC now. I will always praise MS for the Xbox Play Anywhere initiative. It gives gamers choice and allows them to play how they want. With Sony, you are stuck playing their exclusives at 30fps, which pisses me off because they make good games that I want to play.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GloriousNippon
Member since 2011 • 209 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

know who's got it "better".

No need to put better in quotation, it just a cold hard fact friend.

Your children will grow up to laugh at you some day.

hahahahahaha

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Lol

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

There he goes with that "Ultra PC graphics" crap again. RROD pt2 incoming.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Wheres the info stating "PC ultra graphic settings"?

Just cause they added a "beast mode" doesn't mean they will still achieve ultra graphic settings

I'm excited for lems, this console seems seriously impressive. But stop spreading bullshit rumors and half truths until we get confirmation, please?

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 954 Posts

@pinkanimal: and how many time has sony copied from others???

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Anytime there's positive X1X news, it never fails you're there to argue against it, and attack it.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

The IPC is too low on the Xbone's CPU, even a 3ghz overclock will struggle to hit 60fps in a lot of games.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GloriousNippon
Member since 2011 • 209 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@goldenelementxl: Anytime there's positive X1X news, it never fails you're there to argue against it, and attack it.

you seem paranoia an bitter friend.

golden element speak fact on source. instead of calling about misinformation in op, but instead attack level head user? for shame and very bias, not look good on you.

you have to be technical illiterate to believe op lies.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

Lol @ MS copying The Mighty Pro

Lol @ Sony copying MS ages ago

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01

@MonsieurX: Lol... Sony are the kings of copying other companies. I gotta find that comparison pic of the number of times Sony has copied, in particular, Nintendo.

Good ol' pinky being his delusional self yet again.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@Xplode_games said:

This is great news because it means developers have the option of enabling a 1080p Ultra PC graphics with a rock solid 60 fps on every single game that they choose to enable it for.

Riiight.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@MonsieurX: Lol... Sony are the kings of copying other companies. I gotta find that comparison pic of the number of times Sony has copied, in particular, Nintendo.

Good ol' pinky being his delusional self yet again.

You know Sony never did anything wrong and they're the only one trying to save the gaming industry,right?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By QuadKnight

@primorandomguy said:

No need to be butthurt, @goldenelementxl is the furthest thing from a fanboy on this forum (Ok, he probably is a Sega fanboy but who isn't? ?Sega is awesome).

He's spitting cold hard facts. You either have to be a moronic fanboy or technically illiterate to believe software optimizations will make most games run at 60fps with that garbage CPU in the X1X. The shit is probably an i3 equivalent even with the CPU optimizations (probably less to be honest but I'm giving them benefit of the doubt here). You need both a good GPU and CPU to avoid bottlenecks and the X1X only has a decent GPU, its CPU is total trash just like the ones in the PS4 and X1S. You literally get what you pay for with these systems, and MS only paid for a decent GPU. You lems need to get in touch with reality and stop spreading bullshit as facts. It's why you guys are the butt of every joke on SW and have no credibility. You clowns easily fall for hype and marketing bullshit.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By QuadKnight

@Xplode_games said:

This is great news because it means developers have the option of enabling a 1080p Ultra PC graphics with a rock solid 60 fpson every single game that they choose to enable it for.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#46 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@BassMan said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Hey your girlfriend got over you doing it LOL (relax, please I'm just joking)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01

@MonsieurX: Lol yeah apparently.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Just letting people lie now?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@quadknight said:
@primorandomguy said:

No need to be butthurt, @goldenelementxl is the furthest thing from a fanboy on this forum (Ok, he probably is a Sega fanboy but who isn't? ?Sega is awesome).

He's spitting cold hard facts. You either have to be a moronic fanboy or computer illiterate to believe software optimizations will make most games run at 60fps with that garbage CPU in the X1X. The shit is probably an i3 equivalent even with the CPU optimizations (probably less to be honest but I'm giving them benefit of the doubt here). You need both a good GPU and CPU to avoid bottlenecks and the X1X only has a decent GPU, its CPU is total trash just like the ones in the PS4 and X1S. You literally get what you pay for with these systems, and MS only paid for a decent GPU. You lems need to get in touch with reality and stop spreading bullshit as facts. It's why you guys are the butt of every joke on SW and have no credibility. You clowns easily fall for hype and marketing bullshit.

Lower the resolution and settings the faster the cpu has to feed the gpu data since the gpu is able to process the smaller chunks of data quicker which eats up more cpu resources meaning less to go around. Higher the resolution the slower the cpu has to feed the gpu since it takes the gpu longer to process the larger chunks of data. This shifts the bottleneck to the gpu and not the cpu. This is why we have been seeing PS4 Pro and X1X aim for 2k or higher resolution because their cpus are not fast enough to feed the gpus to achieve 60 fps without compromises.

Even with the best multithreading coding for the cpu along DX12 command processor "buffer" in X1X will still not allow many demanding games (strains cpu and gpu alike) to run at a solid 60 fps. So unless that modified jaguar can boost to 3.2 ghz across more than two threads. the 1080p at a solid 60 fps just wishful thinking.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By QuadKnight

@04dcarraher said:
@quadknight said:
@primorandomguy said:

He's spitting cold hard facts. You either have to be a moronic fanboy or computer illiterate to believe software optimizations will make most games run at 60fps with that garbage CPU in the X1X. The shit is probably an i3 equivalent even with the CPU optimizations (probably less to be honest but I'm giving them benefit of the doubt here). You need both a good GPU and CPU to avoid bottlenecks and the X1X only has a decent GPU, its CPU is total trash just like the ones in the PS4 and X1S. You literally get what you pay for with these systems, and MS only paid for a decent GPU. You lems need to get in touch with reality and stop spreading bullshit as facts. It's why you guys are the butt of every joke on SW and have no credibility. You clowns easily fall for hype and marketing bullshit.

Lower the resolution and settings the faster the cpu has to feed the gpu data since its able to process the smaller chunks of data quicker which eats up more cpu resources meaning less to go around. Higher the resolution the slower the cpu has to feed the gpu since it takes the gpu longer to process the larger chunks of data. Even with the best multithreading coding for the cpu along DX12 command processor "buffer" will still not allow many demanding games (strains cpu and gpu alike) to run at a solid 60 fps. So unless that modified jaguar can boost to 3.2 ghz across all cores the 1080p at a solid 60 fps just a fairy tale.

Exactly. Too bad these facts go over all these fanboys' heads.

Youtube is full of morons like the dude in the OP that spread bullshit in their videos. I'm always trying to educate my console buddies everytime they bring some bullshit they heard on Youtube but the shit is overwhelming sometimes. Youtube and the internet are great tools but the problem is that they've given every idiot a platform and voice now. It's getting harder and harder to filter through the bullshit and fanboy propaganda. You see the same shit in politics too.