Xbox One was a great leap forward until you guys ruined it...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

To those who like to bash Xbone for it's policies, you are foolish. You need to move on with the times and accept that always online is the future. However, because of you guys, they had to do a 180. Thanks a lot. You've slowed down any advancement in the gaming industry. 

At least Microwin were trying to make a change, Sony did nothing new. 

I know you all secretly agree but you're too scared to admit it.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Lolno. Just keep bashing
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Someone's mad.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Cry moar.
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Actually the only thing M$ did with their 180 was piss off the people who liked the idea of DRM and going digital. Everyone who wasn't gonna buy a Xbone before that still won't. Such a bad console.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

Can we make a sticky where lems can cry about the old policies and how stupid ideas like game sharing would have never worked? 

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
"To those of you who bash the NSA for its policies, you are foolish. You need to move on with the times and accept that you will always be surveilled by the government, its the future. However, because of Snowden, they are having to find ways to change topics in media (Paula Dean). Thanks a lot. You've slowed down any advancement in US espionage against its own people." "At least the NSA was trying to protect you."
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Can we make a sticky where lems can cry about the old policies and how stupid ideas like game sharing would have never worked? 

neo418

Once Sony goes backrupt and discountines the FailStation 4, Xbox will be the only real new gen console. So start liking it, cockroach.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 clyde46
"To those of you who bash the NSA for its policies, you are foolish. You need to move on with the times and accept that you will always be surveilled by the government, its the future. However, because of Snowden, they are having to find ways to change topics in media (Paula Dean). Thanks a lot. You've slowed down any advancement in US espionage against its own people." "At least the NSA was trying to protect you." Infinite_Access
And you thought the UK was bad :lol:
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clyde46

[QUOTE="neo418"]

HyperWarlock

Once Sony goes backrupt and discountines the FailStation 4, Xbox will be the only real new gen console. So start liking it, cockroach.

So mad! :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Change that would only benefit Microsoft and not us.   Why would I support that kind of change?  It would be completely foolish. 

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

To those who like to bash Xbone for it's policies, you are foolish. You need to move on with the times and accept that always online is the future. However, because of you guys, they had to do a 180. Thanks a lot. You've slowed down any advancement in the gaming industry. 

HyperWarlock
Jack Tretton said it best. "Dont force change on gamers. Give them a choice." If MS just gave gamers a choice, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in. When you force things on people, they rebel. Its been that way since the beginning of man. Foolish MS thought they were above this simple notion. Now they deserve to lose.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I enjoy ruining things.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clyde46
[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

the330and419
Jack Tretton said it best. "Dont force change on gamers. Give them a choice." If MS just gave gamers a choice, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in. When you force things on people, they rebel. Its been that way since the beginning of man. Foolish MS thought they were above this simple notion. Now they deserve to lose.

And we have a winner!
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Monkeys like TC are the reason why shitty policies just keep coming to us.
neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

One great leap forward for lems and one great pr backlash for MS

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
No worries, they will charge you the money in another way.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

I agree to an extent, but I just think that MS went all wrong about it.  They need to introduce everyone to the digital age without enforcing restrictions that hurt the user.  If MS had played their cards right, I think they would have been more successful.  But I agree, it would have at least paved the way for the future of console gaming.  Consoles really do need to move into the digital age already, but I can understand why it's more difficult since consoles are closed platforms, not to mention the higher cost of games, and the stubborness of consolites not wanting to let go of physical copies.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

I was optimistic to the changes MS were making ( most did not really effect me) and given the chance I really would have liked to have seen what would have happened, but their PR was horrible, and they did not say enough to quell the kneejerk reactionists. Most of the blame lies on MS and not the bandwagoners.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46

I agree to an extent, but I just think that MS went all wrong about it.  They need to introduce everyone to the digital age without enforcing restrictions that hurt the user.  If MS had played their cards right, I think they would have been more successful.  But I agree, it would have at least paved the way for the future of console gaming.  Consoles really do need to move into the digital age already, but I can understand why it's more difficult since consoles are closed platforms, not to mention the higher cost of games, and the stubborness of consolites not wanting to let go of physical copies.

Rage010101
Say hello is £50+ games then.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

LOL!  No. 

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

They're still planning on rolling out their cloud services as originally intended. All that really changed was adding an option for 'disc based' DRM, as in having the disc in the play. 

So it's all good Mr Warlock. 

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

HyperWarlock

DRM.

Not being able to own the products you purchased.

Forcing online phone home connections that made sure millions couldnt use the XB1.

Putting literally dozens of restrictions on everything.

Those are good things that you think would have moved gaming ahead? Wow. Tell me please, how exactly do those things make microsoft a winner and how do they help gaming move forward?

bodde1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bodde1972
Member since 2013 • 117 Posts

Poor Lem

t2ZH0.gif

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#25 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
No. I remember a time when playing games was as simple of putting the damn thing in the console. No system updates, game updates,connection errors and inane download speeds. Just games. I've realised that this generation I've spent the majority of my time updating shit, browsing online stores, faffing around with achievements and looking at advertisements.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

why would you use the phrase "great leap forward" as something that was supposed to be good when the historical "great leap forward" was a disaster?

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
God forbid we express our opinions!!
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

You are very welcome and i was glad to be of service.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
I wouldn't mind always online if Internet was always reliable and widespread. But since it isn't, we see things like the unplayable Sim City launch which prove that at this time, always online is a horrible idea.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

If you think MS turned around because of people bashing it on the internet you're being stupid.  They turned around because preorders were extremely poor.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CaseyWegner

If you think MS turned around because of people bashing it on the internet you're being stupid.  They turned around because preorders were extremely poor.

Chutebox

the people bashing it let them know why the pre-order numbers were poor.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

CaseyWegner

the people bashing it let them know why the pre-order numbers were poor.

I'm sure they already knew, seeing how the system was different than any console before it.
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

TC, WE SAVED the XBone from leaping forward into the Abyss. You're welcome. :cool:

shinko28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shinko28
Member since 2013 • 140 Posts

HyperWarlock
Well if you want your xbone to stay always connected to the internet, keep the console on 24/7. Problem solved.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CaseyWegner

TC, WE SAVED the XBone from leaping forward into the Abyss. You're welcome. :cool:

dr_jashugan

who's we?

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

So high price tag, no used games, always online requirement and even spying is a "way forward" now?

wow...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
I agree and was set to go with the X180, but then MS did the unthinkable, they shit canned their whole vision of the console. I had no other choice but to go with the PS4.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
i want to see advancements in games not being locked online 24/7 and advancement in games isn't something MS knows with their yearly Flopza/Halo/Gear of Spam.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Thought I'd post to let you know you aren't the only one that feels this way.  As soon as MS gave into the uneducated public, my heart sank.  I've been saying this since MS pulled the 180.  Where are people like you when we need them?

To be fair though, it was MS's fault that they didn't explain it better (I mean, I could do a better job) and for giving into the public.  Don't let the public dictate a plan you have confidence in.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#41 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
online DRM check in = no one likes... They should just went 100% always online and at least then they can pass it on has the cloud.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Thought I'd post to let you know you aren't the only one that feels this way.  As soon as MS gave into the uneducated public, my heart sank.  I've been saying this since MS pulled the 180.  Where are people like you when we need them?

To be fair though, it was MS's fault that they didn't explain it better (I mean, I could do a better job) and for giving into the public.  Don't let the public dictate a plan you have confidence in.

GOGOGOGURT
The original idea for the X1 was cancer to the gaming community and only a fool would want it
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

There were some nice things about the old policies. The primary one was being able to share your downloaded content with other people. Now that's gone. The other thing is I think single player games might have made a comeback under that model. But with the status quo in effect again I expect the huge emphasis on multiplayer and DLC to continue. And now "free to play" (I get a kick out of them calling those games that. They're actually some of the most expensive games around) is gonna end up in the mix as well, another trend I hate but it appears to be unstoppable.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

I assume this is how all lemmings feel. Ammusing.

tumblr_lrjfblvc5y1r3negio1_500.gif

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
i liked most of what MS was trying to do but the always online thing was stupid and unnecessary. So is making the kinect mandatory. Seems like a money grab more than anything.
LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts

Nobody is stopping you from not sharing your games, buying digital and always being connected online. Feel free to do it.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Capitan_Kid

The original idea for the X1 was cancer to the gaming community and only a fool would want it

It would have cured it.  Pirating and used games are the cancer of the community, and If it would've shut up people like you, it would've removed the source as well.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GOGOGOGURT

i liked most of what MS was trying to do but the always online thing was stupid and unnecessary. So is making the kinect mandatory. Seems like a money grab more than anything.NFJSupreme

Always online does not mean "always paying for XBL gold".  And making kinect mandatory is an asset to devs and uniformity among the consoles.  It

s kinect 2.0, it's uses are much more varied than last gen.  Try looking at things 3 dimensionally, it helps.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

GOGOGOGURT

It would have cured it.  Pirating and used games are the cancer of the community, and If it would've shut up people like you, it would've removed the source as well.

I have no proof but my gut tells me that the fight against it was largely led by the pirate community. Always online and game codes would have made life more difficult for pirates. A lot of the people in the fight claimed to be against the policies on used games but that makes no sense to me. Ya only save $5 on used games! Used was still gonna be around, just altered. Used games wouldn't have gotten more expensive because it's IMPOSSIBLE to make them more expensive than they are now.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clyde46

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

GOGOGOGURT

http://torrentfreak.com/tired-of-the-war-on-piracy-adobe-hopes-to-turn-pirates-into-customers-130625/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29 Have fun playing dat wack a mole game.