Xbox One: Rushed Hardware, Games at 900p, Hardware Failures

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Yes and all the X1s that are actually being played are overheating and crashing on the One Tour.

Sony mean while can't get a single unit out in the wild to be played by the public.

they are already sending out PS4 kiosks to stores lol... fail

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

Who the hell is CBOAT?

Some guy on a payroll with a clear agenda. His mission is to spread as much negative rumors as possible for xbox. Some of which after a while were proven to be false but he doesn't seem to care. The intent is for the original claim to spread like wildfire, whether it proves to be false or not after a while doesn't matter after the damage is done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

@tdkmillsy said:

Xbox One is massive in size, big fan, components that give out less heat and an external PSU.

PS4 is smaller with a smaller fan, components that give out more heat and an internal PSU.

Its not rocket science which is most likely to have problems. If you think the Xbox One is going to have problems and the PS4 will be fine your in for a big surprise. Technical wizardry can only go so far and Microsoft have learnt their lesson on RROD.

Xbox One actually would produce more heat, its APU has over 5 billion transistors and eSRAM gives off some heat, which is why they went with the brute force giant fan in the Xbox One

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@blackace said:

NeoGaf is owned by Sony. I wouldn't believe anything they say. Last rumors I heard is final XB1 devkits were sent out sometime at the end of Aug. There have also been rumors of PS4 retail hardware overheating and crashing. Might be why they haven't sent any of them to retail with kiosks yet. Time will tell. The next year should be interesting.

blackace self owning himself again, does he ever get tired of looking like an idiot?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@killzowned24 said:

PS4 November launch = 32 countries

xbone=13 countries ...lol,no problem at all!!!

most of the PS4 countries have less then 10 consoles available and a price that nobody in those countries can even afford. its all marketing BS. Not to mention some countries don't even have PSN store available to them

LOL, which ones?

United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, and Peru.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

@edidili said:

@Netherscourge said:

Who the hell is CBOAT?

Some guy on a payroll with a clear agenda. His mission is to spread as much negative rumors as possible for xbox. Some of which after a while were proven to be false but he doesn't seem to care. The intent is for the original claim to spread like wildfire, whether it proves to be false or not after a while doesn't matter after the damage is done.

You're on a payroll.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I call bullshit. Cboat works for Sony and this is a direct response to counter the PS4 Redline of death issues. There are hundreds of X1's on tour now that are all playable. Why is Knack the only game that has been played on a PS4? We are only a month away from launch and like I have said months ago, the PS4 will be delayed because it is a mess right now.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@McStrongfast said:

You're on a payroll.

Yeah sure, whatever.

Saying a console cannot do 1080p is pants on head retarded. There is nothing hardware-wise that can stop a dev from making their game run in 1080p. PS3/360 can do 1080p, so can WiiU. You just have to lower the graphical capabilities of a game and up the resolution. It's up to the developer how they're going to design their game. More visual fluff and less FPS/ resolution or the other way around.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I call bullshit. Cboat works for Sony and this is a direct response to counter the PS4 Redline of death issues. There are hundreds of X1's on tour now that are all playable. Why is Knack the only game that has been played on a PS4? We are only a month away from launch and like I have said months ago, the PS4 will be delayed because it is a mess right now.

So Sony has inside info that MS developers didn't even know about? He has to work for MS to have such info. Also,on tour don't mean jack!! My 360 lasted like 3 months before RROD.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Looks like NeoGAF is the site to be at, all news get linked from there anyway ^^

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Both console are going to have hardware issues. One main reason I'm waiting till April - July of Next year to pick up both (at the same time...yes).

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

900p for games is true, 32mb's of eSRAM is not enough. They should have went with 48mb's of some sort of eDRAM instead. Nothing could save the wimpy gpu though.

I love watching MS fail, so I hope the hardware overheating is true. *It's not though lol*

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@Chozofication said:

900p for games is true, 32mb's of eSRAM is not enough. They should have went with 48mb's of some sort of eDRAM instead. Nothing could save the wimpy gpu though.

I love watching MS fail, so I hope the hardware overheating is true. *It's not though lol*

edram cost too much at that density

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

1) PS4 "red line of death" is debunked, and completely overblown. The console will shutdown if overheated, it is not bricked like RROD. Also, when the case was opened, the system went back to normal

Joshua Eldridge@JoshEldridge016

Shuhei Yoshida@yosp

@JoshEldridge016 not true

@yosp is the red line of death on the PS4 true

2) PS4 kiosks are already available, here is a german kiosk

pf8h

and 3) Guess we will have to wait and see if the xbone info is true or not. Also, people still cry over neogaf?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@stereointegrity said:

@Chozofication said:

I'm no expert, but if Nintendo could splurge for 32mb's in the Wii U, I think MS could afford more. Plus eSRAM is more costly than eDRAM in the first place, so the cost would probably balance out.

Heat and die size is another issue though.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

There was a hands on with Kinect about a few weeks ago saying that it was so bad that it was borderline unusable. The consensus was that this close to launch, with the Kinect being so incredibly bad, that's the way it's going to be. They don't have enough time to fix it. The Kinect is going to be a paper weight. It's no wonder why they haven't implemented it into any games effectively.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

The only thing crashing and red-ringing at the moment is the PS4.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#118 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

@blackace said:

NeoGaf is owned by Sony. I wouldn't believe anything they say. Last rumors I heard is final XB1 devkits were sent out sometime at the end of Aug. There have also been rumors of PS4 retail hardware overheating and crashing. Might be why they haven't sent any of them to retail with kiosks yet. Time will tell. The next year should be interesting.

lol dat salt

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

This article was released less than 1 month ago.

http://kotaku.com/why-im-a-little-bit-worried-about-kinect-1381738496

I am a little bit worried about Kinect.

I’ve just spent 10 minutes being scanned into Kinect Sports Rivals. I’m not sure if it’s working correctly. The only feedback I am being given is from a Microsoft rep to my right. He’s politely giving me instructions when the Kinect (for some reason) stops the scan.

“Take a step forward.”

“Take a step back.”

“Maybe just tilt your head a little bit left.”

After this laborious effort (which I’m assured will be streamlined before launch) Kinect Sports Rivals goes through the process of translating the information into a virtual representation of me. As it does its calculations I ask myself, ‘if this is difficult with a Microsoft representative guiding me step by step, how difficult will it be for a ten year old in the comfort of his or her own home, or parents who’ve never used a console before?’1

Then my avatar pops up. It looks vaguely like me. Vaguely. That’s being generous. The 3DS did a similar job of creating my Mii with a single low-resolution photograph. Was it really worth all that effort?

Now to play Kinect Sports Rivals itself. The rep sets up a two player game. Rock climbing. As someone obsessed with rock climbing (I climb three times a week) I’m super excited. I stand side by side with the Microsoft rep. Immediately I notice there is something wrong. My avatar’s limbs are contorted like some screwed up Lovecraftian marionette, my arms twitch incessantly, clearly not responding to any of my movements.2

I think we have a problem here.

Yesterday I spent a fair amount of time with the Xbox One’s new Kinect, and it seemed like a significant chunk of that time was spent trying to get things to work when (two months from the launch of Xbox One) they should simply work.3

We were supposed to be forgiving, and we were. After two player Rock Climbing on Kinect Sports Rivals clearly wasn’t working, I was happy to simply try out the single player, despite Microsoft making a big fuss of the fact Kinect allows multiple players on-screen simultaneously. Single player climbing worked more fluidly but, regardless, I never really felt like I was in control of my actions. My movements weren’t being replicated accurately. I felt as though I was fumbling my way to the top with no real in-game feedback; no real sense that Kinect was working as advertised.4

‘The lag has been reduced massively’: that’s what we’re constantly being told in conferences, in communications with Microsoft, in interviews, in previews. I have no doubt there are figures to back those statements up, but the disconnect between my movements in real life as replicated on screen is obvious. I feel it, instantly, and it makes playing any game with Kinect a frustrating experience. The next game I play is Wakeboarding, it feels a little better than climbing, but it’s nowhere near responsive enough. The delay is obvious to anyone who plays it, to the point where I can’t imagine anyone investing in it to any great extent.56

I find myself asking another question: three years after the release of Kinect, how many video games have really worked well with Kinect? I come up with two names. Two. Dance Central and Child of Eden. In three years. Is it possible that Kinect just isn’t suited for video games?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120  Edited By BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Add another bullet on the board of reasons why to never get XBoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

^ Even if Kinect worked as advertised, it would still be useless crap. And an advert cam. But about the latency, I think it was John Carmack that said shortly after MS had the new kinect available for demos that it was basically no better than the original.

I'd say if MS got smarter, they'd ditch it, but seeing how adamant they were about forcing it down our throats in the first place, that might not happen ever. And there would go a lot of people from ever buying the console.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

@I_can_haz: look at that enormous fan, MS is making sure they don't have hardware issues. They also said xbox one is designed to last 10 years without being turned off if you so choose. I'm supposed to believe some random anonymous rumor whore? Please.

I wonder where MS got the time machine that allow them to travel 10 years ahead in time to actually see that the xbox one units were lasting 10 years..

Funny thing is that they are having yield issues and some how claim the unit will last 10 years,even worse without been turn off.hahahaha..

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@AmayaPapaya said:

I feel like everything I hear about X box One is bad :P

That's because you're reading a lot of BS on a bias forum. Even positive news on XB1 (like their tour) will be bashed and rejected here in SW.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 blackace

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Do you even read or you just go full damage control mode without reading.?

MS is admitting faulty hardware they did not deny it,they claimed it is some stress test units..

I read it. NeoGaf is still being paid for by Sony. The story doesn't change that. Yes, I know they are saying the units were stress test units which makes this whole thread irrelevant. Every hardware analyst who've looked at the XB1 has said there's no way it will overheat. The fan that's in it is almost 1/3 the size of the unit. lol!! How come no one has seen the inside of the PS4 yet. LOL!!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

What a bunch of FUD bullsh*t. Trying to compensate because of the PS4's "Red Line of Death" issues, are we?

Oh, and Forza is 1080p, so that pretty much blows that argument, too.

You cows are so paraniod over the XB1, it borderlines on hysteria.

The news about the red line of death came after Cboat leak...lol

So if anything MS or some one from MS is trying to compensate by inventing crap,in fact on neogaf there is about the red line,it actually show that instead of dying off like the xbox 360,the unit turn off to avoid damage,so how is that even consider bad,not to say that the machine was lock in a box without ventilation,the xbox 360 would have melt if you did that the PS3 as well.

Yeah is the only game that is 1080p and is not impressive,has faked and baked effect and pretty much nothing dynamic.

If you have 10 games and 1 is 1080p 10% of your games are 1080p vs 90% that are not,on xbox one that % if even lower since there is more than 10 games for launch,compare that to the PS4.

The PS3 and xbox 360 could also do 1080p i guess that all games were capable of running at that resolution.

@edidili said:

lol...

You have no idea of what your saying,that dude has been leaking info on neogaf years before you even joined this site,he leaked info for GTA SA dude and specs for the xbox 360 he is a insider i would take his words over Cerny or Nelson any day.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By tormentos

blackace

That's because you're reading a lot of BS on a bias forum. Even positive news on XB1 (like their tour) will be bashed and rejected here in SW.

No they news wasn't bash,it was you who people bashed for trying to making see like sony wasn't showing the console while MS was.. lol

@blackace said:

I read it. NeoGaf is still being paid for by Sony. The story doesn't change that. Yes, I know they are saying the units were stress test units which makes this whole thread irrelevant. Every hardware analyst who've looked at the XB1 has said there's no way it will overheat. The fan that's in it is almost 1/3 the size of the unit. lol!! How come no one has seen the inside of the PS4 yet. LOL!!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

lol people that are trying to discredit the validity of CBOAT are clearly noobs. The guy has been leaking insider info even before the 360 released. He was the first person to leak the specs on Xbox 360 back in the day.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts

wow MS and Nintengodno are DONE. That just leaves Sony.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@I_can_haz: don't forget how he predicted the October release for the PS4. He really nailed that one. Lulz.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 I_can_haz

@FoxbatAlpha: Eh, he doesn't work for Sony so I can see why he would get that one wrong. So far he's been right about almost every M$ prediction he has made.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

What a bunch of FUD bullsh*t. Trying to compensate because of the PS4's "Red Line of Death" issues, are we?

Oh, and Forza is 1080p, so that pretty much blows that argument, too.

You cows are so paraniod over the XB1, it borderlines on hysteria.

The news about the red line of death came after Cboat leak...lol

So if anything MS or some one from MS is trying to compensate by inventing crap,in fact on neogaf there is about the red line,it actually show that instead of dying off like the xbox 360,the unit turn off to avoid damage,so how is that even consider bad,not to say that the machine was lock in a box without ventilation,the xbox 360 would have melt if you did that the PS3 as well.

Yeah is the only game that is 1080p and is not impressive,has faked and baked effect and pretty much nothing dynamic.

If you have 10 games and 1 is 1080p 10% of your games are 1080p vs 90% that are not,on xbox one that % if even lower since there is more than 10 games for launch,compare that to the PS4.

The PS3 and xbox 360 could also do 1080p i guess that all games were capable of running at that resolution.

@edidili said:

lol...

You have no idea of what your saying,that dude has been leaking info on neogaf years before you even joined this site,he leaked info for GTA SA dude and specs for the xbox 360 he is a insider i would take his words over Cerny or Nelson any day.

Why do you continue to reply to my threads when I have said over and over again that I don't give a crap what you have to say?

My FUD comment was aimed at the TC. and I don't care what your opinion of Forza is - you are one of the tards who bash TitanFall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

there is a good amount of kiosks and retail PS4's in the wild, FoxbatAlpha and others are in terrible denial, and its pretty sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

@edidili said:

@McStrongfast said:

You're on a payroll.

Yeah sure, whatever.

Saying a console cannot do 1080p is pants on head retarded. There is nothing hardware-wise that can stop a dev from making their game run in 1080p. PS3/360 can do 1080p, so can WiiU. You just have to lower the graphical capabilities of a game and up the resolution. It's up to the developer how they're going to design their game. More visual fluff and less FPS/ resolution or the other way around.

You're not on a payroll? Well, good luck with the job hunt.

I don't know who's supposed to have said that, but I know CBOAT didn't.

CBOAT reckons most developers will opt to lower the resolution, like Crytek did. Not like it's a truthfact, just what it expects will happen.

Also there's the vague implication that there might be some sort of reliability issue due to the upclocks. Would be nice if buttocks was to clarify and expand on that.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#134 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@TheKingIAm said:

wow MS and Nintengodno are DONE. That just leaves Sony.

where did nintendo come into this conversation? lol

wiiU is selling now.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 blackace

@Krelian-co said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@blackace said:

blackace self owning himself again, does he ever get tired of looking like an idiot?

Looks like you have egg on your face dummy. NeoGaf is worthless. Pretty much everyone knows that.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@GravityX: I believe the 900p might be true. Think cboat is a little bitter about the clock upclocks tho I dont buy the risk factor. Cboat is disgruntled for sure and take a lil with a grain of salt.

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

Sony already won the next gen.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 blackace

@tormentos said:

blackace

No they news wasn't bash,it was you who people bashed for trying to making see like sony wasn't showing the console while MS was.. lol

@blackace said:

Whatever you say little boy. lol!! Sony wasn't showing their console. It wasn't at the E3, wasn't at the EuroGamer, wasn't at Gamescom. They had a shell of the system with wired running to the T.V., but you there was no way anyone could see the unit was powered on. Meantime the BIG dev kits were packed below running the games. lol!! I have yet to see PS4 kiosk in the U.S. The system is launching here first. lol!! I'm going to Gamestop now to find out when they are coming it.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@xboxiphoneps3: how do you quote ? Man im having dem issues with the new build

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Didn't Microsoft learn anything from 360 HW problems? It really is pathetic that MS are releasing a next-gen console that still faces some HW problems like before :/ .. I love Nintendo for being reliable with their HW :)

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 I_can_haz

@linkdarkside: LOL nice!

MonstaTruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 MonstaTruk
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

I had a bad feeling both consoles were going to have problems at launch.

What problems did you have "bad feelings" about, concerning the PS4? Or...would you just like everything to just be "fair"? :-/

McSkombi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 McSkombi
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

The question is though: will it blend?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Eh, he doesn't work for Sony so I can see why he would get that one wrong. So far he's been right about almost every M$ prediction he has made.

Not with the up clock.

@stereointegrity said

X1 doesn't have eDRAM. DRAM design is different to SRAM.

Note that R9-280X has lower power consumption than 7970 GE (Ghz Edition) while it has slightly higher clocked and still carries the same CU/ROPS count as 7970 GE.

TSMC improves their process tech within the 28 nm process node.

X1's GPU+ESRAM is only clocked to 853 Mhz and it's not over 1 Ghz.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

When a bunch of dumbasses create a console, this is bound to happen.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

Nice anecdotal evidence. Next time, I'll remember to not give this guy anymore attention.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tormentos

@XBOunity said:

@GravityX: I believe the 900p might be true. Think cboat is a little bitter about the clock upclocks tho I dont buy the risk factor. Cboat is disgruntled for sure and take a lil with a grain of salt.

May be true.? Ryse is 900p,and that i know only 1 games is confirmed 1080p and is Forza.

CBOAT wasn't the one who claimed downclock it was thuway and bruceleeroy.

And higher the clocks the higher the heat,and the xbox one having a huge fan + no internal PSN even that the console is huge means that the console had heat issues to begin with,the PS4 is smaller,has an internal PSU and is actually stronger.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By tormentos

@blackace said:

Whatever you say little boy. lol!! Sony wasn't showing their console. It wasn't at the E3, wasn't at the EuroGamer, wasn't at Gamescom. They had a shell of the system with wired running to the T.V., but you there was no way anyone could see the unit was powered on. Meantime the BIG dev kits were packed below running the games. lol!! I have yet to see PS4 kiosk in the U.S. The system is launching here first. lol!! I'm going to Gamestop now to find out when they are coming it.

And yet is MS the one with a shortage of units and the one that will release on only 13 countries,when sony will release on 32 countries..

oh and the one with more than 1 million pre-orders to..

But but sony isn't showing.. hahaha