Xbox One: Rushed Hardware, Games at 900p, Hardware Failures

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

NeoGAF user CBOAT has drawn infamy due to his notoriously accurate leaks from within Microsoft about all things to do with their upcoming Xbox One console. Allegedly, one of his latest nuggets of insider knowledge had him stating that most Xbox One games would run at a compromised resolution of 900p, instead of the next gen 1080p that we were all looking forward to. Considering that even the Wii U hits 1080p with all of its premier games, that’s a bit sad.

CBOAT has gone on the record to say that the console is being rushed to the market, and that Microsoft have not planned the hardware properly- according to him, a 2014 release for the console would have been much suited, because as it stands now, the console will almost certainly have reliability issues like the Xbox 360′s Red Ring of Death.

The rumor spread like wildfire, and Microsoft was swift to respond:

“I actually am aware of that and know a few of them. You should know we’ve gotten many devkits throughout this past year.

The console in question [the one that CBOAT is talking about] is a zebra turned stress machine for hardware/heat issues testing.”

It might be damage control, or it might be true; given the history, both Microsoft with the Xbox 360, and CBOAT with his leaks, I’m more inclined to believe the former than the latter.

*sigh*

Microsoft could really use some good news for a change.

SOURCE

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

RIP xbox

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

RIP xbox

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I don't think Xbone even lifts.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Another RROD-esque fiasco ... well, MS' PR team probably couldn't stand the heat.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

NeoGaf is owned by Sony. I wouldn't believe anything they say. Last rumors I heard is final XB1 devkits were sent out sometime at the end of Aug. There have also been rumors of PS4 retail hardware overheating and crashing. Might be why they haven't sent any of them to retail with kiosks yet. Time will tell. The next year should be interesting.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

And the November 22nd launch means they''ll have to rush things even more to try and fix this potential RROD version 2.0.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I feel like everything I hear about X box One is bad :P

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

NeoGAF user CBOAT has drawn infamy due to his notoriously accurate leaks from within Microsoft about all things to do with their upcoming Xbox One console. Allegedly, one of his latest nuggets of insider knowledge had him stating that most Xbox One games would run at a compromised resolution of 900p, instead of the next gen 1080p that we were all looking forward to. Considering that even the Wii U hits 1080p with all of its premier games, that’s a bit sad.

CBOAT has gone on the record to say that the console is being rushed to the market, and that Microsoft have not planned the hardware properly- according to him, a 2014 release for the console would have been much suited, because as it stands now, the console will almost certainly have reliability issues like the Xbox 360′s Red Ring of Death.

The rumor spread like wildfire, and Microsoft was swift to respond:

“I actually am aware of that and know a few of them. You should know we’ve gotten many devkits throughout this past year.

The console in question [the one that CBOAT is talking about] is a zebra turned stress machine for hardware/heat issues testing.”

It might be damage control, or it might be true; given the history, both Microsoft with the Xbox 360, and CBOAT with his leaks, I’m more inclined to believe the former than the latter.

*sigh*

Microsoft could really use some good news for a change.

SOURCE

And yet it is MS who is on tour allowing you play game on consoles you can actually see.

I call bs, close this propaganda.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

NeoGaf is owned by Sony. I wouldn't believe anything they say. Last rumors I heard is final XB1 devkits were sent out sometime at the end of Aug. There have also been rumors of PS4 retail hardware overheating and crashing. Might be why they haven't sent any of them to retail with kiosks yet. Time will tell. The next year should be interesting.

Do you even read or you just go full damage control mode without reading.?

MS is admitting faulty hardware they did not deny it,they claimed it is some stress test units..

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

Ya, I'll wait for it to actually release

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@GravityX said:

And yet it is MS who is on tour allowing you play game on consoles you can actually see.

And yet the one that doesn't have a supreme shortage and that will release on 32 countries is Sony,oh did i forgot to add that just because some xbox units fails doesn't mean all will.?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@blackace said:

NeoGaf is owned by Sony

Wat

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GravityX

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Do you even read or you just go full damage control mode without reading.?

MS is admitting faulty hardware they did not deny it,they claimed it is some stress test units..

However the implication that retail units will have issue is alluded to which of course MS will not allow to happen after the RROD issue with 360.

In closing nothing but bs propaganda.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GravityX

@tormentos said:

@GravityX said:

And yet the one that doesn't have a supreme shortage and that will release on 32 countries is Sony,oh did i forgot to add that just because some xbox units fails doesn't mean all will.?

Maybe MS should release 10 consoles each in 20 other countries to make you happy. I'm sure there are localization issues that a contributing to a staggered launch, similar to 360 i think.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Notoriously accurate? Ha, what? The only thing he was remotely accurate with was the E3 stuff and most of what ended up being true was speculated by other sources first. I don't trust the accuracy of anyone who get's 50% or more of the stuff he says wrong.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

lol

"next gen 1080p"

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

That sounds just like something would MS would do. RROD here we go again!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Cows are stupid........that is all

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

the only bad thing about the xbox is the mandatory kinect

KratosDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KratosDrake
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts

Glad I'm getting a PS4

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Quick call Major Nelson to fix that! :P

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Who the hell is CBOAT?

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

@kingtito said:

Cows are stupid........that is all

Agreed.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@blackace said:

for one...proof that sony owns neogaf(yes u wont find any)

secondly show me a single report that the ps4 retail hardware is over heating and crashing.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

The not full HD is a bit embarrassing, but after all the good will MS lost from gamers with their E3 shenanigans, How are they going to handle another RRoD? It will be a disaster.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@GravityX said:

@tormentos said:

@GravityX said:

Maybe MS should release 10 consoles each in 20 other countries to make you happy. I'm sure there are localization issues that a contributing to a staggered launch, similar to 360 i think.

Nothing will make tormentos happy, you should know that by now. ;P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Will LOL if PS4 has a higher fail rate.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Might be possible.. however i doubt they would release something like that to the market... if this was true they would hold back on the release date. The only reason i might see it as true is because M$ didn't plan almost anything properly for the X1.. is like they Saw the PS4 was being finalized to be released and they just threw everything at it to compete with them. Even made a 180 on a lot of things before it's upcoming release.. so there's a possible chance something might go wrong.. this has been very messy for M$.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@blackace said:

Lmao you wish, too bad they are sending out PS4's to kiosk's now, and the PS4 uses less power and runs cooler then the PS3 slim

Now you are just making things up

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12372-first-image-ps4-retail-demo-station-home-depot.html

And for the LULZ

http://www.gamechup.com/kinect-kiosk-at-gamestop-showcases-ps4-killzone-shadow-fall/

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

They're selling PS4s at HOME DEPOT?

WoW - Sony's got EVERY angle covered lol

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I don't think it will overheat, unless they cheap out on the heatsink and thermal paste. There's a ton of room in there for sufficient cooling, and silence! It's one of the reasons the Xbox Division never profited, so making that mistake again would be terrible and many would probably lose their job.

awhite33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 awhite33
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

LMFAO

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@blackace said:

NeoGaf is owned by Sony.

Do you have any proof of this?

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

@blackace said:

Wow, I've never seen someone actually panics in a post before.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zophar87

The fact the Xbone premier games are running at 900p while the Wii U is doing 1080p on it's premier games is fucking embarrassing.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

lol

"next gen 1080p"

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

The fact the Xbone premier games are running at 900p while the Wii U is doing 1080p on it's premier games is fucking embarrassing.

Cause something like Ryse is totally comparable to Wind Waker HD

Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Esfan13
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts

CBOAT is full of crap. He has it backwards. Sony is the one having performance problems.

Anyone who reads NeoGAF can see the blatant pro-Sony bias. Anyone posting positive information about the XBox One or negative information about the PS4 is banned.

It is going to be so satisfying when both consoles are released and the Sony fans realize they have been lied to again. The XBox One has at least twice the performance of the PS4.

Multiplatform games like BF4, AC4 and COD will make this obvious to anyone with functioning eyes.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

If Sony doesn't win this gen I'm leaving SW forever. It seems to me that MS has done everything possible to sabotage the Xbone.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

lol this is obvious bullshit. If you believe this you probably have an IQ lower than room temperature.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zophar87

@bobbetybob said:

@Zophar87 said:

Cause something like Ryse is totally comparable to Wind Waker HD

Pikmin 3 runs in native 1080p. Mario 3D World will most likely run in 1080p as well. Unfortunately it's still far too soon to know what resolution a game like Monolith's X will run at.

Fact remains that a console labelled as "next gen" can't even go much further than it's predecessor. Xbone has done nothing but stumble since it's announcement and it will continue to do so into next year.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zophar87

@kingoflife9 said:

@Zophar87 said:

Yes because a cell shaded 10 year old zelda game is SOOOO high performing..... i dont think you realize what 1080p is or how it works.

I don't think you realize that I wasn't referring to WW HD in my post. Fact is that Xbone's premier games do not run at native 1080p when both of it's major competitors can do so.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@kingoflife9: Seems you're forgetting what forum you're on. Regardless of whether Sony win or not I'll still have fun on the PS4 but for the sake of SW they better win. MS just seems to want to fail right now for some reason. I can't believe how incompetent they are being. I'm almost starting to believe the third console curse is real.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

Sounds incredibly unlikely (after the billion dollar hit from the first RROD and the huge barrage of negativity from the pr spells... seems insane that MS would make the same mistake twice). Then again, some things just don't end up always making sense.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zophar87

@kingoflife9 said:
@I_can_haz: look at that enormous fan, MS is making sure they don't have hardware issues. They also said xbox one is designed to last 10 years without being turned off if you so choose. I'm supposed to believe some random anonymous rumor whore? Please.

Got a link to that quote?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

That quote is a reply to a Reddit poster, not a direct response to CBOAT's statements. And who says CBOAT's talking about dedicated stress testing machines? No one knows from where he nibbled up the info that made him concerned.

Actual response to CBOAT.

"I hope you aren't fans of 1080P on Xbox One."

Is he suggesting only Xbox One games will be natively non-1080p and all PS4 games will be natively 1080p?

"When hardware is released you'll see what I mean about issues. Upclocks too risk everywhere, 2014 was a better idea."

No I don't see what you mean, be more specific please, what issues?

"Sounds like there'll be problems a-la Xbox 360 with reliability and it was rushed out to be in 2013 rather than 2014 when planned."

I have an Xbox One here that I've had for almost a year with an uptime high of 29 days that says you're wrong.

No, that's not what he's suggesting. Note the distinct lack of mention of the PS4 or its games in that sentence.

Yes, please do be more specific.

Does it have the upclocks applied? Seems that's key to CBOAT's concerns regarding reliability.

Also, has this XboxDev person been validated as knowing what they're talking about at all, generally believed to actually have access to inside information?