Xbox One Now $50 cheaper than the PS4 everywhere.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

Xbox One Now $50 cheaper than the PS4 everywhere; everywhere in Canada at least. with MS dropping Kinect and the One being $399.99 it's now $50 cheaper which may make up for the hardware differences and even things out, in the great white north.

http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Xbox-Console-only-Hdwr/dp/B00KBAHQ9W/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1405748301&sr=8-13&keywords=ps4

http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-one

#2 Posted by _Matt_ (10438 posts) -

Sooo Canada = Everywhere now?

Will be interesting to see if that has an effect on the sales up there.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (22398 posts) -

lolcanada

#4 Edited by santoron (8583 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Xbox One Now $50 cheaper than the PS4 everywhere;

@Shielder7 said:

everywhere in Canada at least.

Thanks TC. Needed that.

#5 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

Doesn't make up for the fact that our games are 70

#6 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@santoron said:

@Shielder7 said:

Xbox One Now $50 cheaper than the PS4 everywhere;

@Shielder7 said:

everywhere in Canada at least.

Thanks TC. Needed that.

I live to serve.

#7 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -
@melonfarmerz said:

Doesn't make up for the fact that our games are 70

They're 70 for both systems well new anyway Infamous SS is $40

#8 Posted by foxhound_fox (96908 posts) -

People living in Canada are more than used to paying more for their stuff than Americans. We often go through periods of economic downturn that lower the value of our dollar compared to the US dollar.

I remember paying nearly $600 (after 14% tax) for my PS2 (Gran Turismo 3 bundle about a year after it came out). I also remember paying $79.79 (after tax) for Mirror's Edge.

#9 Edited by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

People living in Canada are more than used to paying more for their stuff than Americans. We often go through periods of economic downturn that lower the value of our dollar compared to the US dollar.

I remember paying nearly $600 (after 14% tax) for my PS2 (Gran Turismo 3 bundle about a year after it came out). I also remember paying $79.79 (after tax) for Mirror's Edge.

1. No we don't we bitch about it all the time

2. We go through periods where our dollar is more than the US and we still pay more even for the shit made in Canada.

3. That has nothing to do with the Xbox One being Cheaper in Canada than the PS4.

#10 Posted by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -

And still no one buying one lolz

its been $50 cheaper i believe for over a month now and it never even hit top 20 on amazon ever lel

#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (96908 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

2. We go through periods where our dollar is more than the US and we still pay more even for the shit made in Canada.

3. That has nothing to do with the Xbox One being Cheaper in Canada than the PS4.

1. You seem to be agreeing with me.
  2. When was the last time the Canadian dollar was of significantly more than the US dollar? The last time it was at parity, it was no more than 3 cents over 1:1.
  3. It has everything to do with it. The PS4 is $450 in Canada because of the lower value of the Canadian dollar. It was $400 when it was released.
#12 Edited by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Shielder7 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

1. You seem to be agreeing with me.
  2. When was the last time the Canadian dollar was of significantly more than the US dollar? The last time it was at parity, it was no more than 3 cents over 1:1.
  3. It has everything to do with it. The PS4 is $450 in Canada because of the lower value of the Canadian dollar. It was $400 when it was released.

1. No I'm not

2. July 2011

3. No it doesn't because the Xbox one is 399.99 in Canada

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27389 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

And still no one buying one lolz

its been $50 cheaper i believe for over a month now and it never even hit top 20 on amazon ever lel

Can't wait for more price drops.

Perhaps it will some day hit the price point I would want one at.

#14 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

Canadas small population can't help the X1 man, sorry.

#15 Posted by AzatiS (14042 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Xbox One Now $50 cheaper than the PS4 everywhere; everywhere in Canada at least. with MS dropping Kinect and the One being $399.99 it's now $50 cheaper which may make up for the hardware differences and even things out, in the great white north.

http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Xbox-Console-only-Hdwr/dp/B00KBAHQ9W/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1405748301&sr=8-13&keywords=ps4

The most trollish fanboyistic topic in a while ...

#16 Posted by Willy105 (24747 posts) -

First of all, the Canadian takeover of the planet has not been announced yet, let alone actually happened.

Second of all, the Xbox One will need to be quite a bit more than $50 cheaper than the PS4 to be worth buying over it. Anything else would be a rip-off.

#17 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

LolCanada.

#18 Posted by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

lolcanada

@clyde46 said:

LolCanada.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#20 Posted by SolidGame_basic (22442 posts) -

everywhere... in Canada

#21 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

It's still $399 in the U.S. and on EBGames.com. XB1 in Canada didn't get a price increase like the PS4 did, so it's been cheaper for awhile now. I'm sure Microsoft will have some decent bundles during the holidays. If you don't own a XB1 yet, I'd wait until the holidays for some great deals. Microsoft needs to drop their XBox 360 down to $200 or less. I thought they would announce that at the E3, but nope.

#22 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

lolcanadalol

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12728 posts) -

So much jelly of Canada around here. No one will laugh when we take over the world.

#25 Edited by y7jzdgy (38 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Lol is Canada even a real place?

Insults coming from someone living in a country where basic rights and freedoms are being slowly taken away, police are being militarized and it's corrupt politicians wipe their asses with the constitution every single day. Ask yourself why Obama feels that he needs a police force that's just as well equipped as the military and why this police force needs 20 million rounds of hallow tip bullets as well as armoured military vehicles? Ask yourself those questions before knocking another country you fucking dimwit! Go USA!

#27 Edited by y7jzdgy (38 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@y7jzdgy said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Insults coming from someone living in a country where basic rights and freedoms are being slowly taken away, police are being militarized and it's corrupt politicians wipe their asses with the constitution every single day. Ask yourself why Obama feels that he needs a police force that's just as well equipped as the military and why this police force needs 20 million rounds of hallow tip bullets as well as armoured military vehicles? Ask yourself those questions before knocking another country you fucking dimwit!

Well, seen as I'm from England, I don't think I will ask myself why Obama feels that he needs a police force that's just as well equipped as the military and needs 20 million rounds of hallow tip bullets as well as armoured military vehicles.

America is slowly dying. Their people need to act now if i'm honest. But chill the **** out. It was a joke. And I know England isn't exactly the land of the free atm.

Well as a Canadian I'm just sick and tired of all the silly Canada bashing and I lost it for a minute.

#29 Posted by y7jzdgy (38 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@y7jzdgy said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@y7jzdgy said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Insults coming from someone living in a country where basic rights and freedoms are being slowly taken away, police are being militarized and it's corrupt politicians wipe their asses with the constitution every single day. Ask yourself why Obama feels that he needs a police force that's just as well equipped as the military and why this police force needs 20 million rounds of hallow tip bullets as well as armoured military vehicles? Ask yourself those questions before knocking another country you fucking dimwit!

Well, seen as I'm from England, I don't think I will ask myself why Obama feels that he needs a police force that's just as well equipped as the military and needs 20 million rounds of hallow tip bullets as well as armoured military vehicles.

America is slowly dying. Their people need to act now if i'm honest. But chill the **** out. It was a joke. And I know England isn't exactly the land of the free atm.

Well as a Canadian I'm just sick and tired of all the silly Canada bashing and I lost it for a minute. But in all honesty these are difficult times and making fun of a country or where someone is from is no joke.

Really? Because Britain bashing doesn't bother me in the slightest. But that may be just me.

So I take it you don't like South Park then?

You're just a useless troll.

#31 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

Country wars!

#32 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Canada is shit

#33 Edited by lundy86_4 (48717 posts) -

Dude, this was being discussed when we first heard the pricing of a Kinectless SKU. You are so late.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#34 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Xbone's been cheaper than the PS4 in a lot of places and a lot of times over the last few months and it hasn't done shit for it.

Xbox Done.

#35 Posted by foxhound_fox (96908 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

1. No I'm not

2. July 2011

1. Check your tense then.
  2. Link?
  3. That's because Microsoft is likely forcing retailers to keep that price point to undercut the PS4.
#36 Edited by Promised_Trini (3651 posts) -

This old old old ass news.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#37 Posted by darkspineslayer (22398 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Canada is shit

lolblabashit

#38 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

What is a Canada?

#39 Posted by MonsieurX (36985 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

What is a Canada?

The land of moose,maple syrup and hockey

#40 Posted by Netret0120 (3478 posts) -

Lol Canada. They don't use real money and their police are fake hehehehehehehehehe

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
#41 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5925 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

If I am not mistaken, it is often voted the best country in the world in which to live. If you live in the U.S., spend a few months in Canada and you will see why.

I thought that was Denmark? Also its very very cold and snowy in Canada. We had 6 blizzards in Philadelphia PA this past winter...I don't even want to know how many there were in most of Canada... Blizzards and snow suck!!! it sucks to drive an hour to work in, sucks to shovel...and its cold.. why would anyone move there?

#42 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8209 posts) -

USA is center of the planet. Canada = USA's cap therefore is irrelevant.

#43 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -
@Shielder7 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Bitching about it doesn't imply we're not use to it. It implies it's fucking annoying which it is. The country doesn't just stop buying things all together until the dollar reaches parity. However, nothing ever get priced down accordingly when the dollar is high, however prices do raise when the dollar is low. Yes that is annoying. The X1 being cheaper in Canada because MS didn't raise their price will not effect the system war in that country. If someone has to choose, $50 isn't going to matter on a purchase that will come out to half a grand after a game purchase.

#44 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

@farrell2k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

If I am not mistaken, it is often voted the best country in the world in which to live. If you live in the U.S., spend a few months in Canada and you will see why.

I thought that was Denmark? Also its very very cold and snowy in Canada. We had 6 blizzards in Philadelphia PA this past winter...I don't even want to know how many there were in most of Canada... Blizzards and snow suck!!! it sucks to drive an hour to work in, sucks to shovel...and its cold.. why would anyone move there?

Climate in Canada varies across the country just do to the shear latitudinal distance it covers. Where I live, winters are a mixed bag. Sometimes there is barely any snow, sometimes all it does is snow. You get use to it. People that live in areas with snow are also just far better at driving in it than places that barely get any. Again, you get use to it. I like snow but I agree with you, shoveling it sucks.

#45 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Shielder7 said:

1. No I'm not

2. July 2011

1. Check your tense then.
  2. Link?
  3. That's because Microsoft is likely forcing retailers to keep that price point to undercut the PS4.

1.No

2. You made me Google it, Google it yourself if you don't believe me.

3. And the Wii U?

#46 Edited by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

That is why i love my little tropical island so much,no snow to shovel,no blizzards that have you days stranded,my wife want to move to New York,and i told her the highest i would go will be Orlando..hahahaha

This one was taken a day after Thanksgiving.

This one is on the capital of Puerto Rico San Juan,is shallow and passive for the kids,my favorite is 20 minutes from my house.

You come here on November and December,and the water is like 75 degrees.

#47 Posted by Roler42 (1067 posts) -

Misleading thread title

#48 Posted by foxhound_fox (96908 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

1.No

2. You made me Google it, Google it yourself if you don't believe me.

3. And the Wii U?

1. Yes.
  2. You made the claim, you provide the proof. Debating 101 here.
  3. The Wii U isn't in competition with the PS4 and Xbone. Its it's own thing.
Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#49 Posted by drummerdave9099 (3280 posts) -

Truly a great day for Canada, and therefore the rest of the world

#50 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Canada is an amazing place, the people there are really friendly and they have Sane Copyright laws and despite having more guns per Head than the US they have a bare Fraction of the gun crime they have in America.

I Spent time there at Batus (British Army Training Unit Suffield) and i loved the place, i never once felt intimidated and i never got that 'From another Country' Vibe that i get everywhere else.