Xbox One has been outselling PS4 for 4 weeks running

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@hehe101 said:

@LJS9502_basic:

I don't care about them playing it on PC it has nothing to do with what i've been saying. I said Titanfall won't go to PS4, which is my main point in this whole discussion, stop nitpicking at little bits and move on.

Who cares? It's a rather stupid point then. No one is saying it will. The sequels will be though.....as if they will be any more worth getting than the original. BFD.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#152 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

Not really because earlier I was curious and asking what games PS4 has coming which can create hype like titanfall did in terms of sales and ratings for xbox one? If you read the whole thing instead of butt picking to look cool and funny you'd realise that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@hehe101 said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Not really because earlier I was curious and asking what games PS4 has coming which can create hype like titanfall did in terms of sales and ratings for xbox one? If you read the whole thing instead of butt picking to look cool and funny you'd realise that.

So you were trolling PS4 owners....gotcha. Guess you don't have that cool cred going on yourself bro.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 hehe101

@LJS9502_basic:

No I wasn't trolling I was generally curious, what games Ps4 owners had coming lol, people find it so hard to believe but i'm not actually trying to start troll vs troll conversations.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#155 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Titanfall 1 not being on PS4 is mostly irrelevant. It doesn't help the Xbox One in any way because 1. The Xbox One version of Titanfall is the inferior version already, and 2. Wait one year and you'll have a new Titanfall game on PS4, which of course will look and play better than on the Xbox One.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@Scipio8 said:

The Xbox One is selling really well in the UK, it looks like given the price parity (though £50 more than PS4 but you get a free game) gamers prefer the One over the PS4

Most Xbone games dropped down the charts last week, most PS4 games rose. I guess gamers prefer the PS4 over the Done.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@hehe101 said:

@LJS9502_basic:

No I wasn't trolling I was generally curious, what games Ps4 owners had coming lol, people find it so hard to believe but i'm not actually trying to start troll vs troll conversations.

If you say so.....

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 hehe101

@Willy105: Well yes it has helped the Xb1, its increased it sales and doubled them in the UK, So it is highly relevant right now, but yes titanfall 2 will be a different story.

psone4xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By psone4xbox
Member since 2014 • 64 Posts

Titanfall 2 may happen, but the way EA runs things, it could take a different direction than Respawn would envision...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#160 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

PS4 is released in 48 countries with 400 euros

Xbox One is released in 13 countries and price 590 euros.

If we take price and countries in math then Xbox One is outselling PS4.

Also Xbox One makes profit while PS4 loses

Sony makes a profit from all PS4's, X1 is not outselling PS4. How come more PS4's are sold so far?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Willy105 said:

Titanfall 1 not being on PS4 is mostly irrelevant. It doesn't help the Xbox One in any way because 1. The Xbox One version of Titanfall is the inferior version already, and 2. Wait one year and you'll have a new Titanfall game on PS4, which of course will look and play better than on the Xbox One.

That's not guaranteed, or even announced

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 The_Last_Ride

@lostrib said:

@Willy105 said:

That's not guaranteed, or even announced

True. But it did sell X1 consoles, just not as many as they hoped for

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

Just let the Sony fanboys enjoy their lead. Their favourite company probably won't even be in business next year, let them enjoy it while it lasts.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

MS are doing exactly what they need to do to ensure they win the console war. They are releasing superior games.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 LJS9502_basic  Online
@Silent-Assasin7 said:

Just let the Sony fanboys enjoy their lead. Their favourite company probably won't even be in business next year, let them enjoy it while it lasts.

A true gamer would neither say that nor wish for it....

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

A couple of years ago Britain was the second largest gaming market dude

http://kotaku.com/5150243/britain-overtakes-japan-to-become-worlds-second-biggest-market

That because it was accounted separately,UK is the second biggest market,yet mainland EU >> UK is the reason why even that the xbox 360 beat the PS3 in UK,it loss by several millions in EU,The real second market is EU not UK and they should not account it separately,there weren't account that way in the PS2 days,it was EU,Japan and US.

@delta3074 said:

Thats a bit of a baseless assumption don't you think,lets wait and see shall we.

What.? Actually believing the xbox one would outsold the PS4 in any of those territories is the baseless assumption,tell in which of the 13 markets the xbox one is in it actually beat the PS4.? Because not even on US which is the biggest market by far and away.

So yeah the PS4 will outsell the xbox one on those territories,hell by the time the xbox one arrive the PS4 will have a nice advantage on the xbox one..

@hehe101 said:

@PinkieWinkie:

Thats because more people have a PS4 of cause it sold more. Titanfall has doubled sales in the UK and increased them in US. I'm trying to say microsoft has alot of bigger names than titanfall being worked on and can recreate this success again.

No and for the 100 time no a more than 70 pound drop in price relative to what the xbox one cost almost double sales in UK,you are given a Free copy of titan fall that cost more than 40 pounds in UK on its own,and a 30 pound drop in price,that will not last for ever,the PS4 surge 72% just because it got a new shipment which say allot when the xbox one 96% spike is based solely on a price drop and free game and the PS4 hasn't receive any in UK.

What bigger than Titanfall.? It has been hype to be the be all end all of FPS,Quantum Brake or Projects sparks are not even close,Halo mean little so does gears and fable those have always been on xbox,and never changed anything.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

#

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@Scipio8 said:

The Xbox One is selling really well in the UK, it looks like given the price parity (though £50 more than PS4 but you get a free game) gamers prefer the One over the PS4

Most Xbone games dropped down the charts last week, most PS4 games rose. I guess gamers prefer the PS4 over the Done.

LOL not a single PS4 game in the top 10. TitanFall still reigns at No 1. There are 5 Xbox One games in the top 20 and only 3 for the PS4.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
@Scipio8 said:

#

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@Scipio8 said:

LOL not a single PS4 game in the top 10. TitanFall still reigns at No 1. There are 5 Xbox One games in the top 20 and only 3 for the PS4.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

chart ended the week of the 15th. so titanfall was only a couple of days old and infamous wasnt out yet. what the hell do you expect.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Sony makes a profit from all PS4's, X1 is not outselling PS4. How come more PS4's are sold so far?

because it's only in uk, ps4 is destroying xbone everywhere but for the sake of spreading bs tc forgot to add that to the title.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Both PS4 and Xbox One are sold at a loss especially if R&D costs are added. Profits is only possible through games sold (the console company gets a cut), subscriptions (Live, etc), accessories, and ancillary revenue such as movies sold and advertising.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Prince_Denspion said:

because PS4s are sold out and xbox ones can be found still lol.

How has it been playing sales? oh wait you can't lol. ps4 has no games, have fun with that for the next 2 years while I actually PLAY my xbox one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 The_Last_Ride

@hoyalawya said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Both PS4 and Xbox One are sold at a loss especially if R&D costs are added. Profits is only possible through games sold (the console company gets a cut), subscriptions (Live, etc), accessories, and ancillary revenue such as movies sold and advertising.

Yeah with the R&D costs considered, but they still get a profit from each hardware when you look at the overall picture

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Prince_Denspion said:

How has it been playing sales? oh wait you can't lol. ps4 has no games, have fun with that for the next 2 years while I actually PLAY my xbox one.

This is one of the most stupid comments I've heard in SW. Sony consoles do get games....a lot of them. Ridiculous.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GrenadeLauncher

@Scipio8 said:

#

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@Scipio8 said:

Still? That's the first week it appeared in the charts you doughnut.

Now tell me, why did the Xbone increase in sales by 96% over the previous week but almost all Xbone software dropped? Is it because the Xbone has no games?

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@hoyalawya said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Yeah with the R&D costs considered, but they still get a profit from each hardware when you look at the overall picture

There was a Wall Street Journal article last year that estimated the cost of component and manufacturing of PS4 at about $385 and the XB1 at about $450. I cannot find the article but I do remember reading that article on a flight. The costs stated were before marketing, distribution, and retailer margin.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Prince_Denspion said:

This is one of the most stupid comments I've heard in SW. Sony consoles do get games....a lot of them. Ridiculous.

after infamous flopped what does ps4 have this year? nothing.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 lostrib

@ps4hasnogames said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Prince_Denspion said:

after infamous flopped what does ps4 have this year? nothing.

Infamous didn't flop.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Infamous didn't flop, but for triple A first party title on a platform that is begging for games ( lets face it, at this stage cows will buy anything for the idleStation) it entered at No 3 on GAME's charts. TitanFall is still killing it at No.1.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#180 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

A couple of years ago Britain was the second largest gaming market dude

http://kotaku.com/5150243/britain-overtakes-japan-to-become-worlds-second-biggest-market

That because it was accounted separately,UK is the second biggest market,yet mainland EU >> UK is the reason why even that the xbox 360 beat the PS3 in UK,it loss by several millions in EU,The real second market is EU not UK and they should not account it separately,there weren't account that way in the PS2 days,it was EU,Japan and US.

@delta3074 said:

Thats a bit of a baseless assumption don't you think,lets wait and see shall we.

What.? Actually believing the xbox one would outsold the PS4 in any of those territories is the baseless assumption,tell in which of the 13 markets the xbox one is in it actually beat the PS4.? Because not even on US which is the biggest market by far and away.

So yeah the PS4 will outsell the xbox one on those territories,hell by the time the xbox one arrive the PS4 will have a nice advantage on the xbox one..

Firstly dude, they can count the UK Anyway they want, nobody made you in charge of how they do things, you don't make the rules.

Secondly, where did i say the xbone would outsell the Ps4 in those regions? i didn't, in fact, i didn't even assume it would.

The other guy assumed it wouldn't, i said 'wait and see'

your logic is messed up, 'Wait and see'= assumption the xbone will outsell the Ps4? seriously?

You really need to brush up on your reading comprehension tormentos, i suggest you go back to school or something because my 11 year old daughter has better reading comprehension,lol

Stop being so arrogant as well might help,lol

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#181 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Not anymore

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 GrenadeLauncher

@Scipio8 said:

Infamous didn't flop, but for triple A first party title on a platform that is begging for games ( lets face it, at this stage cows will buy anything for the idleStation) it entered at No 3 on GAME's charts. TitanFall is still killing it at No.1.

Hahahahahahaha

You got OWNED son

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Scipio8 said:

Hahahahahahaha

You got OWNED son

well no he didn't actually.

he is talking about "game" the UK retailers chart......you know, an alternative to amazon.

http://www.game.co.uk/

he is correct if you care to look, even has a nice big picture of infamous as a background.

That was before Chart Track came out. That dumb little lem got owned. :)

Meanwhile on the Games Chart, the Lego Movie Game is first and Thief is third. Erm.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 lostrib

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Scipio8 said:

Hahahahahahaha

You got OWNED son

well no he didn't actually.

he is talking about "game" the UK retailers chart......you know, an alternative to amazon.

http://www.game.co.uk/

he is correct if you care to look, even has a nice big picture of infamous as a background.

That was before Chart Track came out. That dumb little lem got owned. :)

Meanwhile on the Games Chart, the Lego Movie Game is first and Thief is third. Erm.

You do realize that your comments end up reflecting worse on you than the people you respond to, right?

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@Prince_Denspion: its the other way around here . xbox ones sold out and ps4`s stacked in cases

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 GrenadeLauncher

Scipio tried to move the goalposts and it backfired. Oh well.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Scipio tried to move the goalposts and it backfired. Oh well.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Don't do math.

PS4 is outselling X1.

In short, YOU IGNORE FACTS.

Done, you lost war and all respect you had. Reported.

Yawn.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 The_Last_Ride

@hoyalawya said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@hoyalawya said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

There was a Wall Street Journal article last year that estimated the cost of component and manufacturing of PS4 at about $385 and the XB1 at about $450. I cannot find the article but I do remember reading that article on a flight. The costs stated were before marketing, distribution, and retailer margin.

Nah it was more like ps4 was 382 if i remember and 464 for X1. Don't take my word for it though

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

PS4 outsold Xflop by a significant margin this past week. In PS4 has outsold Xflop the last two week in the UK. Titanfail hype has worn off and things are returning to normal.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@hoyalawya said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@hoyalawya said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nah it was more like ps4 was 382 if i remember and 464 for X1. Don't take my word for it though

Xflops are being discounting in addition to packing in Titanfall. Microsoft is desperate and taking big losses on the Xflop now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 The_Last_Ride

@StrongBlackVine: yeah i know, it's kind of funny. Titanfall isn't selling aswell as they hoped. Serves them right for taking a crap on us and delaying the 360. Oh well

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Okay, if we're really going to accept this argument...

...are we also going to accept that the Xbox 360's 1-year lead was critical and that, in the end, the PS3 actually did outsell the Xbox 360 by a significant margin on a year-by-year basis?

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

To be fair, I've owned all the consoles and own each of this generation as well, but I don't see the immediacy this time around. I mean it's a business so everything is urgent and immediate, though in retrospect the PS3 was doomed out of the gate and in a much worse position than the Xbox One is now. Things can turn around with time, feedback (and lots of it) and most of all games. I'm not saying it will, though it's more of a race than a sprint or however the old adage goes.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#198  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Don't do math.

PS4 is outselling X1.

In short, YOU IGNORE FACTS.

Done, you lost war and all respect you had. Reported.