Xbox One: Hardware Review

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by shawn30 (4396 posts) -

http://www.polygon.com/a/xbox-one-review

But in many ways, the Xbox One's bold direction for the future is well in place. The integration of voice controls and its media strategy are a boon to everyone, and the ability to run apps while playing games is something we now want on every gaming console we have. That it has a handful of strong, exclusive games at launch only supports its legitimacy as a gaming console and not just an entertainment hub.

The Xbox One is an impressive marriage of software and hardware that raises the bar in terms of what we expect from a living-room machine. Looking forward more than it looks back, the Xbox One feels like it's from the future.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/xbox-one-is-a-slice-of-the-future-20131119

Microsoft has taken its share of criticism regarding Xbox One, including many of its policies regarding used game sales and privacy concerns. Most of those decisions have been reversed, thankfully, and what we're left with is a solid next-generation console that unifies your gaming, movie and television watching under one voice-controlled roof. Now, let's see which platform gets the best games.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/20/microsoft-xbox-one-review/

The Xbox One may not be exactly what Microsoft thinks it is, but it's still a strong start for a powerful game console. Its sheer speed, versatility, horsepower and its ability to turn on and off with words make it a relatively seamless entry into our already crowded media center. What determines whether it stays there is the next 12 months: Exclusives like Titanfall and Quantum Break will help, as will gaining feature parity with the competition (we're looking at you, game broadcasting!). For broader success beyond just the early adopter's living room, the NFL crowd must buy in to Microsoft's $500 box. But will they? That remains to be seen. What's there so far is a very competent game box with an expensive camera and only a few exclusive games differentiating it from the competition.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/review-xbox-one-great-game-045945460.html;_ylt=A2KJ3Ccwd4xSVXIAoljQtDMD

"Ryse" tries to incorporate voice commands as well. At times, you're expected to orally order your legions to charge the enemy or block incoming attacks. But you can accomplish the same things by pressing buttons, which I resorted to after the troops ignored my shouts a few times.

And therein lies the test for Microsoft's Kinect-centric strategy. I've been using the Kinect to explore the Xbox One's menus — but when I'm immersed in a game, it feels more like a gimmick.

However you decide to control it, though, the Xbox One is a versatile, powerful machine that should be able to deliver inventive high-definition games for a long time. Between it and the PlayStation 4, the new generation of gaming is off to a roaring start.

http://gizmodo.com/xbox-one-review-absolutely-amazing-when-it-works-1467466379?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

For now, the Xbox One is one impressive living room box machine—and it more than justifies its $500 dollar price with the inclusion of at least $100-worth of set-top boxitude—but you're going to be better off waiting for a little while to see how things shake out.

But—and this is admittedly a sizable but—if the Xbox One can straighten the few little quirks it has with some software tweaks, this thing is going to be unstoppable in a way the PS4 could never touch. It's too versatile, too feature-ridden, too future. So wait, yes. But while you do, go ahead and start clearing out plenty of space underneath your television.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/xbox-one-review-compelling-console-strong-lineup-games-2D11622598

Based on our early impressions, however, keeping the console on when watching TV is a double-edged sword — while it's incredibly convenient to have everything come through a single interface, you need to get the entire family on board for it to make sense. I'm guessing that gamers who are already waving their hands around to feed virtual giraffes and screaming "FIRE VOLLEY" at imaginary Roman soldiers are earlier adopters than some of their loved ones.

That said, Microsoft is bringing enough to the living room experience — Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, a great-looking new version of Skype, a full Web browser, and many of Microsoft's other services — that centralizing the entire living room ecosystem makes sense.

How does it all add up? Like the legions of gamers that flocked to pick up the PlayStation 4 last week, I admired Sony's new console because of its incredible promise. Microsoft, on the other hand, has already begun to deliver on the promises it made with the Xbox One.

http://stevivor.com/2013/11/review-xbox-one/

Our pre-release Xbox One won’t be exactly the same as the box you’ll get on 22 November, but it’s damn close, we’ve been told. If your Xbox One is anything like ours, that launch day patch is of paramount importance; we weren’t able to use our console for anything until an update was accessed, downloaded and installed.

On the whole the Xbox One is a powerful machine with a gorgeous, easy to use interface. Microsoft marketed it as an all-in-one type device, and they weren’t wrong; we’ve got our Foxtel plugged into the unit for TV, and also managed to do away with our Blu-ray player so it wasn’t taking up additional (and valuable) inputs on our display. It handles movies, music and apps with ease, and also does video games damn well too, as you can see in our Xbox One launch game reviews.

Granted, it’s a bit pricey, but it’s hard not to fall in love with the Xbox One once it’s in your home. Say hi to Kinect for us.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-the-kotaku-review-1467960010

I admire what Microsoft is trying to do with the Xbox One, and I'm rooting for them to give their console that final push to get it to where it needs to be. The whole thing is almost there. The Kinect almost works well enough to get me to use it all the time. The TV integration is almost smooth enough to make me plug it into the heart of my living-room setup. Multitasking almost works well enough to get me checking the internet while I play games.

The skeptic in me says that while many technology manufacturers seem hell-bent on making the next great convergence device, technology tends to diverge. New devices are more likely to take on a role we didn't know we wanted (e.g. people now own a smartphone, a laptop and a tablet) instead of pulling together multiple roles we didn't realize could be combined. Successful convergence devices like the iPhone will forever inspire others to swim upstream, attempting to replicate a one-in-a-million success. Will our living rooms ever be governed by a single device? And if so, will that device be the Xbox One

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/11/20/xbox-one-review/

The verdict. A new console may live or die based on its initial games, and here is where the Xbox One trumps the PlayStation 4. Both Ryse and Forza Motorsportare the kind of graphical showcases that should move consoles throughout the holiday season.

Microsoft and Sony are positioning their consoles as multi-purpose entertainment hubs for the living room, and some consumers may make their decision simply based on price. (After all, the PlayStation 4 is $100 less.) But if Microsoft can iron out some performance quirks around voice recognition and Snap, the decision won't be too hard: it's far easier to glimpse the future potential in the Xbox One, starting with 10 seconds of time and the simple two-word voice command: "Xbox on."

#2 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Great looking hardware, not worth anywhere near $500.

#3 Posted by shawn30 (4396 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Big time disagreement there. Today and going forward looks like a winner to me. I can't wait.

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (10438 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Pretty much.

It's especially not worth the price tag outside the states, where half the big media features aren't even there yet.

I will buy it down the line a little.

#5 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@Blabadon said:

Pretty much.

It's especially not worth the price tag outside the states, where half the big media features aren't even there yet.

Ha, that's a very good point and that's why I made this thread 10 days ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbl-is-it-fair-to-pay-full-price-in-other-regions-30917777/

Feel free to jump in!

#6 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

I agree. To know the X1 is to love the X1. I plan on planting my seed in it.

#7 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

Sounding pretty positive. Can't wait for Friday

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
#8 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

The Xbox one is basicly what the PS3 was last gen, a future proof console that only gets better in its later years, but that is only if Microsoft strongly supports it till that tail end. The PS4 is actually well thought out really both from a consumer and investor stand point, so its most likely going to boil down to that price point

#9 Posted by nethernova (5490 posts) -

I don't want to read the whole article. Somebody tell me what apps exactly would I want to run while playing games?

#10 Posted by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

Future proof? It can't even do 1080p outside of yet another forza game. I don't give a shit about tv or other multimedia features when it comes to a console being future proof. It has to be powerful. And it's incredibly disappointing on that end. When the 360 launched it obliterated pretty much all gpus. I understand that's not possible in the market but it should be at least as powerful as the ps4. It's not even fking close. Get it together ms.

#11 Posted by tdkmillsy (2643 posts) -

#

@_Matt_ said:

@Blabadon said:

Pretty much.

Both consoles don't have features and games not coming out until 2014. Does that mean they both not worth the price tag. You can make an argument in the countries where major features are not coming until next year its less appealing. But you could say the PS4 (and xbox one to some point) has little appeal across the world until next year when you have a real catalogue of games. Overall Xbox One is off to a good start (better in some countries yes) and it really needed it as it will be chasing the PS4 for sometime. The best bit is it has the potential to attract other markets and both consoles will be around for a long time. Roll on next gen.

#12 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

Future proof? It can't even do 1080p outside of yet another forza game. I don't give a shit about tv or other multimedia features when it comes to a console being future proof. It has to be powerful. And it's incredibly disappointing on that end. When the 360 launched it obliterated pretty much all gpus. I understand that's not possible in the market but it should be at least as powerful as the ps4. It's not even fking close. Get it together ms.

Sounds like you don't want a console at all then. It does 1080p in other games too fyi

#13 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

@nethernova said:

I don't want to read the whole article. Somebody tell me what apps exactly would I want to run while playing games?

Tv to have a sports game on if you are into that. The internet if you wanted to look something up about the game you playing real quick. skype if you wanted to talk to a buddy while playing him or just because. Music if you like to have your own custom soundtrack. And so on

#14 Edited by Basinboy (13197 posts) -

When's the embargo on Ryse lift?

Hyping this sh*t needs to end

#15 Posted by Heil68 (57859 posts) -

I'll be buying it sometime next year.

#16 Posted by XBOunity (3837 posts) -

Wow xbox one hardware reviews trounce ps4. Lol

#17 Posted by urbansys (234 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

.... you realize some game Dev have said many times that MS is behind on their drivers and software. On top of that, devs have also said they need more time with the ESRAM. Both will mature into a normalcy of 1080P once the software and hardware becomes familiar. Try not to be a totally blind fanboy and look at the past generation to see how the PS3 took time to get used to and mature....

#18 Posted by Chutebox (43313 posts) -

Never knew launch games were so important now. ..

#19 Edited by ioannisdenton (2058 posts) -

how on hell people still trust microsoft after what they tried to pull?? Are you serious? Microsoft has only hurt gaming. Forza 5? yeah right a racing game.... fantastic. Just pay attention to the future as the same THREE franchises are getting released over and over.
It is 2013 for god's sake and XBOX (N)ONE still has:
BATTERIES
POWER BRICK

#20 Posted by gago-gago (12018 posts) -

One reliable tech website called The Verge scored the XO a 7.8 and the PS4 a 7.7 lol. But yeah most of these websites are reviewing the XO to be a better built, all in one gaming console over the PS4.

#21 Edited by ConorHat (141 posts) -

$500, 720p, nuff said.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#22 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

Can't wait to pick this bad boy up at Best Buy Thursday night. I think I made the right decision on picking up the X1 before the PS4.

#23 Posted by shawn30 (4396 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

One reliable tech website called The Verge scored the XO a 7.8 and the PS4 a 7.7 lol. But yeah most of these websites are reviewing the XO to be a better built, all in one gaming console over the PS4.

It was expected, nods.

#24 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

http://www.polygon.com/a/xbox-one-review

But in many ways, the Xbox One's bold direction for the future is well in place. The integration of voice controls and its media strategy are a boon to everyone, and the ability to run apps while playing games is something we now want on every gaming console we have. That it has a handful of strong, exclusive games at launch only supports its legitimacy as a gaming console and not just an entertainment hub.

The Xbox One is an impressive marriage of software and hardware that raises the bar in terms of what we expect from a living-room machine. Looking forward more than it looks back, the Xbox One feels like it's from the future.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/xbox-one-is-a-slice-of-the-future-20131119

Microsoft has taken its share of criticism regarding Xbox One, including many of its policies regarding used game sales and privacy concerns. Most of those decisions have been reversed, thankfully, and what we're left with is a solid next-generation console that unifies your gaming, movie and television watching under one voice-controlled roof. Now, let's see which platform gets the best games.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/20/microsoft-xbox-one-review/

The Xbox One may not be exactly what Microsoft thinks it is, but it's still a strong start for a powerful game console. Its sheer speed, versatility, horsepower and its ability to turn on and off with words make it a relatively seamless entry into our already crowded media center. What determines whether it stays there is the next 12 months: Exclusives like Titanfall and Quantum Break will help, as will gaining feature parity with the competition (we're looking at you, game broadcasting!). For broader success beyond just the early adopter's living room, the NFL crowd must buy in to Microsoft's $500 box. But will they? That remains to be seen. What's there so far is a very competent game box with an expensive camera and only a few exclusive games differentiating it from the competition.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/review-xbox-one-great-game-045945460.html;_ylt=A2KJ3Ccwd4xSVXIAoljQtDMD

"Ryse" tries to incorporate voice commands as well. At times, you're expected to orally order your legions to charge the enemy or block incoming attacks. But you can accomplish the same things by pressing buttons, which I resorted to after the troops ignored my shouts a few times.

And therein lies the test for Microsoft's Kinect-centric strategy. I've been using the Kinect to explore the Xbox One's menus — but when I'm immersed in a game, it feels more like a gimmick.

However you decide to control it, though, the Xbox One is a versatile, powerful machine that should be able to deliver inventive high-definition games for a long time. Between it and the PlayStation 4, the new generation of gaming is off to a roaring start.

http://gizmodo.com/xbox-one-review-absolutely-amazing-when-it-works-1467466379?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

For now, the Xbox One is one impressive living room box machine—and it more than justifies its $500 dollar price with the inclusion of at least $100-worth of set-top boxitude—but you're going to be better off waiting for a little while to see how things shake out.

But—and this is admittedly a sizable but—if the Xbox One can straighten the few little quirks it has with some software tweaks, this thing is going to be unstoppable in a way the PS4 could never touch. It's too versatile, too feature-ridden, too future. So wait, yes. But while you do, go ahead and start clearing out plenty of space underneath your television.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/xbox-one-review-compelling-console-strong-lineup-games-2D11622598

Based on our early impressions, however, keeping the console on when watching TV is a double-edged sword — while it's incredibly convenient to have everything come through a single interface, you need to get the entire family on board for it to make sense. I'm guessing that gamers who are already waving their hands around to feed virtual giraffes and screaming "FIRE VOLLEY" at imaginary Roman soldiers are earlier adopters than some of their loved ones.

That said, Microsoft is bringing enough to the living room experience — Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, a great-looking new version of Skype, a full Web browser, and many of Microsoft's other services — that centralizing the entire living room ecosystem makes sense.

How does it all add up? Like the legions of gamers that flocked to pick up the PlayStation 4 last week, I admired Sony's new console because of its incredible promise. Microsoft, on the other hand, has already begun to deliver on the promises it made with the Xbox One.

http://stevivor.com/2013/11/review-xbox-one/

Our pre-release Xbox One won’t be exactly the same as the box you’ll get on 22 November, but it’s damn close, we’ve been told. If your Xbox One is anything like ours, that launch day patch is of paramount importance; we weren’t able to use our console for anything until an update was accessed, downloaded and installed.

On the whole the Xbox One is a powerful machine with a gorgeous, easy to use interface. Microsoft marketed it as an all-in-one type device, and they weren’t wrong; we’ve got our Foxtel plugged into the unit for TV, and also managed to do away with our Blu-ray player so it wasn’t taking up additional (and valuable) inputs on our display. It handles movies, music and apps with ease, and also does video games damn well too, as you can see in our Xbox One launch game reviews.

Granted, it’s a bit pricey, but it’s hard not to fall in love with the Xbox One once it’s in your home. Say hi to Kinect for us.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-the-kotaku-review-1467960010

I admire what Microsoft is trying to do with the Xbox One, and I'm rooting for them to give their console that final push to get it to where it needs to be. The whole thing is almost there. The Kinect almost works well enough to get me to use it all the time. The TV integration is almost smooth enough to make me plug it into the heart of my living-room setup. Multitasking almost works well enough to get me checking the internet while I play games.

The skeptic in me says that while many technology manufacturers seem hell-bent on making the next great convergence device, technology tends to diverge. New devices are more likely to take on a role we didn't know we wanted (e.g. people now own a smartphone, a laptop and a tablet) instead of pulling together multiple roles we didn't realize could be combined. Successful convergence devices like the iPhone will forever inspire others to swim upstream, attempting to replicate a one-in-a-million success. Will our living rooms ever be governed by a single device? And if so, will that device be the Xbox One

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/11/20/xbox-one-review/

The verdict. A new console may live or die based on its initial games, and here is where the Xbox One trumps the PlayStation 4. Both Ryse and Forza Motorsportare the kind of graphical showcases that should move consoles throughout the holiday season.

Microsoft and Sony are positioning their consoles as multi-purpose entertainment hubs for the living room, and some consumers may make their decision simply based on price. (After all, the PlayStation 4 is $100 less.) But if Microsoft can iron out some performance quirks around voice recognition and Snap, the decision won't be too hard

: it's far easier to glimpse the future potential in the Xbox One, starting with 10 seconds of

time

and

the

simple two-word voice command: "Xbox on."

Translation

XB1: Innovation

PS4: Lulz

#25 Posted by clone01 (27043 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Pretty much. You can say that about most consoles, really.

#26 Edited by ConorHat (141 posts) -

The weak arguments you use to justify this purchase are beyond reasonable. I couldn't justify purchasing an Xbox One even if the only game I ever played was Halo. It's such a poor system in every single possible way. I don't like the PS4 either, but the Xbox One is laughably weak.

#27 Edited by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@conorhat said:

The weak arguments you use to justify this purchase are beyond reasonable. I couldn't justify purchasing an Xbox One even if the only game I ever played was Halo. It's such a poor system in every single possible way. I don't like the PS4 either, but the Xbox One is laughably weak.

Yes that's exactly what all the reviews said.....haha

#28 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

None of the Next Gen consoles are worth their price. PS4, XB1, SteamBox, Ouya, Wii U. For me all of them are overpriced hardware. Thankfully some of these system will have incredible games worth playing. Yes, I included the cheap Ouya with the overpriced crappy controllers. Not worth $100 at all. SteamBox will be $800+ when it launches. Screw that!!

#29 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

@megaspiderweb09 said:

The Xbox one is basicly what the PS3 was last gen, a future proof console that only gets better in its later years, but that is only if Microsoft strongly supports it till that tail end. The PS4 is actually well thought out really both from a consumer and investor stand point, so its most likely going to boil down to that price point

How is it future proof? The PS3 actually had architecture that was theoretically more powerful but difficult to utilize that power. Xbox One is known to have weaker hardware.

#30 Edited by ConorHat (141 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

I'm looking at facts, like system specification. I'm not partial to other people's opinions, it's irrelevant when I'm making a purchase decision. I weigh the good and bad and compare it with the competitior. If I was poor and couldn't affor da gaming PC, I would choose the PS4 because it is technologically superior and $100 cheaper.

#31 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

I'm looking at facts, like system specification. I'm not partial to other people's opinions, it's irrelevant when I'm making a purchase decision. I weigh the good and bad and compare it with the competitior. If I was poor and couldn't affor da gaming PC, I would choose the PS4 because it is technologically superior and $100 cheaper.

That's what reviews do also and that's what I do as well....and that is why the X1 is the better purchase out of the consoles right now. Games, features, innovation, XBL.

I too have a gaming PC and will get the PS4 later down the road.

#32 Posted by Bazooka_4ME (2540 posts) -

@blackace: PS4 overpriced? ...lol

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
#33 Edited by mynamesdenvrmax (2228 posts) -

@StriateEnd: I like how it's "not even close" to the PS4's power. It's got slightly less powerful ram and you're calling it garbage? Have you seen how "great" those PS4 titles look that run 1080p? It's got horrible frame rate. But leave it to Sony to go for numbers instead of quality. They wanted all the simpletons like you to go out and do their advertising. But when you read reviews you'll see the frame rate is bad in call of duty. CALL OF DUTY! The graphic power house ::eye roll::.

Both consoles are running games by developers who have never used either before. They'll both get better and I highly doubt this ram issue will matter in the long run. Remember the PS3's xttreeemeezz hardware?! It didn't prove a thing other than hardware and a high price tag means nothing for games. Don't say Uncharted, it might as well be an on rails experience with how limited the worlds are.

@chikenfriedrice said:
@conorhat said:

Really? Look back at the PS3's superiority. When are people going to admit the PS3 was a really poorly thought out system?

#34 Edited by ConorHat (141 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

That's what reviews do also and that's what I do as well....and that is why the X1 is the better purchase out of the consoles right now. Games, features, innovation, XBL.

Games, features, innovation, XBL. That's the reason you want an Xbox One? 720p, voice recognition and a company that is a stool pigeon for the NSA collecting your personal data. On top of this you will pay an extra $100 to have a camera monitoring you at all times. Have at it, clearly you're a mouth breather.

#35 Edited by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

Games, features, innovation, XBL. That's the reason you want an Xbox One? 720p, voice recognition and a company that is a stool pidgeon for the NSA collecting your personal data. On top of this you will pay an extra $100 to have a camera monitoring you at all times. Have at it, clearly you're a mouth breathing idiot.

The console does 1080p, Infinity War is just a shit developer, the rest of your post is retarded. More NSA Conspiracy theories? You realize the NSA can spy on you through your computer and your cell phone too right? You gonna ditch those also?

#36 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

@ioannisdenton said:

how on hell people still trust microsoft after what they tried to pull?? Are you serious? Microsoft has only hurt gaming. Forza 5? yeah right a racing game.... fantastic. Just pay attention to the future as the same THREE franchises are getting released over and over.

It is 2013 for god's sake and XBOX (N)ONE still has:

BATTERIES

POWER BRICK

lol

Your paranoia is adorable

#37 Edited by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

Games, features, innovation, XBL. That's the reason you want an Xbox One? 720p, voice recognition and a company that is a stool pigeon for the NSA collecting your personal data. On top of this you will pay an extra $100 to have a camera monitoring you at all times. Have at it, clearly you're a mouth breather.

You're an idiot....I guess I have to buy everything you like or I am a mouth breather.....yes games why the **** else would I want a console? By the way the NSA has everything they need on YOU and me and whomever they want already dumbass.

#38 Posted by ConorHat (141 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

You're an idiot....I guess I have buy everything you like or I am a mouth breather.....yes games why the **** else would I want a console? By the way the NSA has everything they need on YOU and me and whomever they want already dumbass.

I'm not an idiot, I use facts as weapons, You are shoving opinions out into the open and claiming they are facts. The only fact is that Edward Snowden has exposed the stool pigeon Microsoft as a rat that will not only give your infor to the NSA to disect with a super computer that watches you 24/7, but they also trade your information to their advertising companies and start milking you for every penny that you're worth. What a tool you must be to accept that.

#39 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

You're an idiot....I guess I have buy everything you like or I am a mouth breather.....yes games why the **** else would I want a console? By the way the NSA has everything they need on YOU and me and whomever they want already dumbass.

I'm not an idiot, I use facts as weapons, You are shoving opinions out into the open and claiming they are facts. The only fact is that Edward Snowden has exposed the stool pigeon Microsoft as a rat that will not only give your infor to the NSA to disect with a super computer that watches you 24/7, but they also trade your information to their advertising companies and start milking you for every penny that you're worth. What a tool you must be to accept that.

LOL....move to the woods and throw away your mobile phone.....get off the computer ASAP....they are coming for you. Paranoid freak.

#40 Edited by ConorHat (141 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

LOL....move to the woods and throw away your mobile phone.....get off the computer ASAP....they are coming for you. Paranoid freak.

I suggest you read the book: Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

#41 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@conorhat said:

I suggest you read the book: Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

Look dude...I am enjoying my life....if I sit in my house afraid of the government and what they know about me and my life it would be pretty fucking miserable. You can say all you want but nothing will change. Look what happened to William Cooper. I know all this stuff you are not telling me anything new. I just don't live my life worrying about that stuff.

#42 Posted by Kiro0 (1176 posts) -

These console reviews are hilariously stupid. Really don't see the point in telling me one has a slightly better UI than another. Far more interested in the games and all of them for both consoles look pretty uninteresting at the moment.

#43 Posted by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

@mynamesdenvrmax: You're so fucking blind. Less ram is the tip of the iceberg. Nearly 50% weaker/slower gpu, cpu speed is lower on the X1 despite it's upclock, small esram is a pain to work around. Nearly every dev has said the gulf in power between the x1 and ps4 is large. Not considerably large. But large enough so that one console will produce 720p/900p at launch and the other 1080p at launch. Naturally in order to keep up with the increase in graphics resolution will need to take a hit. So don't hold your breath on x1 having 1080p in a couple years time.

PS3 games still look better than 360s so I have no fucking clue on the point you're trying to make. Killzone 2 looks better than you're best exclusive Halo 4. So let's not even try and bring up The Last of Us, God of War 3/Ascension, Uncharted etc. On rails? I think you've been watching Ryse for too long. Which was actually developed as a on rails 360 kinect game, no wonder it plays like absolute shit. Ryse is everything wrong with current linear games.

#44 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4326 posts) -

Sounding pretty positive. I wouldn't use kinect though, so if that's what makes it feel like the future that kinda sucks.

I'll probably be picking one up around the holidays next year, depending on the game library of course.

#45 Posted by bayboydray (113 posts) -

Cant wait for Friday! Im bored with my PS4 already, Killzone sucked!

#46 Posted by shellcase86 (3440 posts) -

Kotaku article is something I saw coming months away. Kinect doesn't work/will not work as advertised. It will work well most of the time, but it's not consistent enough to make it a needed accessory. I would imagine Sony can close many of the software gaps once they start reinvesting some of that revenue they're getting.

#47 Posted by greenballer (619 posts) -

here are some more reviews http://www.neowin.net/news/playstation-4-xbox-one-review-score-comparisons

#48 Posted by shawn30 (4396 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

@mynamesdenvrmax: You're so fucking blind. Less ram is the tip of the iceberg. Nearly 50% weaker/slower gpu, cpu speed is lower on the X1 despite it's upclock, small esram is a pain to work around. Nearly every dev has said the gulf in power between the x1 and ps4 is large. Not considerably large. But large enough so that one console will produce 720p/900p at launch and the other 1080p at launch. Naturally in order to keep up with the increase in graphics resolution will need to take a hit. So don't hold your breath on x1 having 1080p in a couple years time.

PS3 games still look better than 360s so I have no fucking clue on the point you're trying to make. Killzone 2 looks better than you're best exclusive Halo 4. So let's not even try and bring up The Last of Us, God of War 3/Ascension, Uncharted etc. On rails? I think you've been watching Ryse for too long. Which was actually developed as a on rails 360 kinect game, no wonder it plays like absolute shit. Ryse is everything wrong with current linear games.

Wow, you sound mad. Go buy a Xbox One and you will feel better. PS4 obviously fills you with anger and venom and the need to bash things you don't like and don't even want to buy. Why not enjoy the system you worship? Or deep down do you know its the PSBore and the boring has set in already. Food for thought :)

#49 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@greenballer said:

here are some more reviews http://www.neowin.net/news/playstation-4-xbox-one-review-score-comparisons

X1 by a nose

#50 Edited by NFJSupreme (6506 posts) -

Xbone is tempting but they are doing so many new and innovative things with it that I want to wait till they iron out all the kinks. But so far xbone launch > ps4 launch. Only cows in denial think otherwise. From the objective point of view xbone is impressing with its games and features. I still think in the near future ps4 will move past it but when it's all said and done the xbone will be the more impactful console. Watch for Sony to copy a lot if not most of its features.