Xbox One architects will speak soon. Don't expect a bomb.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1msxoy/according_to_albert_penello_more_xbox_one/

No secret sauce confirmed.

Officially puts an end to month's of speculation and conspiracy theories.

ScreenShot001.png

Cow's rejoice. You will have the best looking console games for the next 10 years. 

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

"I think the XB1 games still look awesome"

Translation initiated.... Translation complete.

Translated XBOT talk displaying in 3...2...1... "Our stuff doesnt look as good as the stuff on PS4, but its still pretty good"

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
lol lems still think it can match ps4
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

Oh man, butthurt in 3... 2... Wait.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
W/e games are the only thing that matter and a marginal difference in power isn't going to prevent the X1 from getting some great games.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

W/e games are the only thing that matter and a marginal difference in power isn't going to prevent the X1 from getting some great games.22Toothpicks

Don't cry.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]W/e games are the only thing that matter and a marginal difference in power isn't going to prevent the X1 from getting some great games.StrongBlackVine

Don't cry.

Yeah, subpar trolling.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]W/e games are the only thing that matter and a marginal difference in power isn't going to prevent the X1 from getting some great games.StrongBlackVine

Don't cry.

SW is quite hilarious these days.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]W/e games are the only thing that matter and a marginal difference in power isn't going to prevent the X1 from getting some great games.22Toothpicks

Don't cry.

people that cares about performance and graphics gets a PC for that,not from shitty console hardware that comes out and is already dated.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Xbox One is weak as hell, the PS4 is stronger, and still manages to be weak as hell.

wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

Xbox One is weak as hell, the PS4 is stronger, and still manages to be weak as hell.

-Snooze-

lack faith in your system , i see

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 moistsandwich

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Don't cry.

Tessellation

people that cares about performance and graphics gets a PC for that,not from shitty console hardware that comes out and is already dated.

I care about performance and games... Most of my game time is spent on PC... but PC doesn't get Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, InFamous, etc.

There will be games that are shared between consoles that won't go to PC as well... and I want the best version I can get of those games... which will be the PS4 version.

PC/PS4/WiiU is the combo to have.... get the XB1 if Halo is super important to you.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GravityX

-Snooze-

Power should have been priority One. But it wasn't and MS will feel it it financially. But they are in denial right now. Also their probably banking on the NFL and TV crowd buying the X1.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

wiiutroll

My system? I don't own an Xbox One or PS4, neither are my system ...

I currently own a Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360, PC on the side. I have faith in facts, and it's a fact that the Next gen consoles are weak as hell.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Snooze-

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

GravityX

Power should have been priority One. But it wasn't and MS will feel it it financially. But they are in denial right now. Also their probably banking on the NFL and TV crowd buying the X1.

MS have dropped the ball for sure! Sitting on a pile full of money, and the opportunity to dominate both the casual an hardcore market, yet they decided to skimp out on the hardware.

Unlike SONY, MS have the money to take a decent loss on the One, they could have made it significantly stronger, with the Kinect pack in as standard, for the same price they're selling it for now, and made the PS4 look poorer value in every way.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
*Looks at list of actual announced games for both systems... Shrug, X1 for me till holiday 2014
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4

GravityX

Why? Historically, power never proved to be  overly  important. From last-gen,, we can see the importance of app inclusion... I mean, Jesus Christ, both Sony and MS hounded that shit, yet MS came out on top.

XboxFails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XboxFails
Member since 2013 • 239 Posts

[QUOTE="GravityX"]

lundy86_4

Why? Historically, power never proved to be overly important. From last-gen,, we can see the importance of app inclusion... I mean, Jesus Christ, both Sony and MS hounded that shit, yet MS came out on top.

Because historically, the most powerful console was also $100+ more expensive than the competition.

Now, the most powerful console is $100 cheaper than the competition. That just makes it a lot easier for the consumers. If power didn't matter, we would still being gaming on the PS1 and PS2.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GravityX

[QUOTE="GravityX"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

-Snooze-

MS have dropped the ball for sure! Sitting on a pile full of money, and the opportunity to dominate both the casual an hardcore market, yet they decided to skimp out on the hardware.

Unlike SONY, MS have the money to take a decent loss on the One, they could have made it significantly stronger, with the Kinect pack in as standard, for the same price they're selling it for now, and made the PS4 look poorer value in every way.

True. I bet there will be papers written on how MS totally lost the advantage they gained in a previous generation. However maybe they need Sony. With MS always mindful of monoply letigations, they didn't want to swing for the fences.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

W/e games are the only thing that matter and a marginal difference in power isn't going to prevent the X1 from getting some great games.22Toothpicks

Pretty much this.. I shake my head at all these people over hyping all these games based on graphical fidelity. YOU are the problem, YOU are the one that are allowing many genres to actually devolve and become worse than their predecessors all while in a new shiney coat of paint. And this is coming from a person that is most likely going to get a PS4 at this time.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4

Because historically, the most powerful console was also $100+ more expensive than the competition.

Now, the most powerful console is $100 cheaper than the competition. That just makes it a lot easier for the consumers. If power didn't matter, we would still being gaming on the PS1 and PS2.

XboxFails

You need to read on, for my point. Power, itself, is still relevant... That being said, the market has expanded  drastically   for consoles.

Furthermore, I siad that it wasn't  "overly  important," not irrelevant.

wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wiiutroll

[QUOTE="wiiutroll"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

-Snooze-

My system? I don't own an Xbox One or PS4, neither are my system ...

I currently own a Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360, PC on the side. I have faith in facts, and it's a fact that the Next gen consoles are weak as hell.

then why  are you trying make strong arugment , when you  don't own them?

Domin8ters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Domin8ters
Member since 2009 • 108 Posts
"Sorry no intent to tease. I promised we'd let our architects speak about our system, and we should have something to share soon. Don't expect a bomb, but it should explain in depth our ARCHITECTURE AND HOW THE PAPER SPECS DON'T TELL THE FULL STORY." Just because there's no secret sauce doesn't mean that the X1 is going to be under underpowered compared to the PS4. It just means that no one understands what the architecture of the X1 can do. And i seem to remember John Carmack sayin that it's crazy how even the new systems are.
Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
Meh I'm yet to see that 50% more power.
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

Look... I understand that people care about specs or w/e, but don't let this affect your purchasing decision. If it has games you enjoy, then who cares what the system can or cannot do. If you think about it, this is one of the FIRST generations where there is no WRONG choice as to which console you buy. Think about that. Think about what it felt for the guy who bought a Saturn or N64 (less so, obviously) when all his friends got PSX. Or the guys who went GC & Xbox when the WORLD was going PS2.

We finally have a generation where not only are all consoles (yes, including the Wii U) are going to offer rich and compelling experiences and are all going to do fairly well. This is a generation that no one losses! Unless.... the announcement this monday ends up changing things. Which it totally has the potential to. And if what Valve ends up doing is what I think it is, all bets on how this generation were going to go are officially out the window.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

wiiutroll

called being realistic, some didn't learn what that is

wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wiiutroll

[QUOTE="wiiutroll"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

silversix_

called being realistic, some didn't learn what that is

the fact is that he had say it twice as  if  it's  a strong arugment which it's  not.  When  we aren't going see difference in titles in the start and most buy games to have fun. It's not realistic  ,he says it weak as hell in where it's slightly more powerful.

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

what about the actual videos of gameplay... yea, we are not talking about those right, lets talk numbers instead, thats where the fictional difference of 50% really shines. why are all these idiots (cows) acting like we havent seen gameplay from both systems?

XboxFails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XboxFails
Member since 2013 • 239 Posts

Look... I understand that people care about specs or w/e, but don't let this affect your purchasing decision. If it has games you enjoy, then who cares what the system can or cannot do. If you think about it, this is one of the FIRST generations where there is no WRONG choice as to which console you buy. Think about that. Think about what it felt for the guy who bought a Saturn or N64 (less so, obviously) when all his friends got PSX. Or the guys who went GC & Xbox when the WORLD was going PS2.

We finally have a generation where not only are all consoles (yes, including the Wii U) are going to offer rich and compelling experiences and are all going to do fairly well. This is a generation that no one losses! Unless.... the announcement this monday ends up changing things. Which it totally has the potential to. And if what Valve ends up doing is what I think it is, all bets on how this generation were going to go are officially out the window.

Shensolidus

I disagree. The PS4 will take 75% of the market and 3rd parties will start making exclusives again. Xboners am cry. :cool:

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
The X1 is too weak to last 10 years. I predict a 5 year length
Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

XBOX is piss weak, PS4 is piss weak too.

Why are you cows celebrating?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lundy86_4

Evo_nine

Ex-Clu-Sives...

inB4: "I don't like console exclusives."

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lundy86_4

I disagree. The PS4 will take 75% of the market and 3rd parties will start making exclusives again. Xboners am cry. :cool:

XboxFails

-----

[QUOTE="XboxFails"]

lundy86_4

You need to read on, for my point. Power, itself, is still relevant... That being said, the market has expanded  drastically   for consoles.

Furthermore, I siad that it wasn't  "overly  important," not irrelevant.

Hi!

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Evo_nine

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

lundy86_4

Ex-Clu-Sives...

inB4: "I don't like console exclusives."

I love console exclusives. But ITT cows are celebrating having a "power advantage" Both consoles will look shit. BF4 720p confirms this.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lundy86_4

I love console exclusives. But ITT cows are celebrating having a "power advantage" Both consoles will look shit. BF4 720p confirms this. Evo_nine

"shit" is a subjective claim.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Evo_nine

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]I love console exclusives. But ITT cows are celebrating having a "power advantage" Both consoles will look shit. BF4 720p confirms this. lundy86_4

In your delusional world.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]I love console exclusives. But ITT cows are celebrating having a "power advantage" Both consoles will look shit. BF4 720p confirms this. Evo_nine

In your delusional world.

In  any  world.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 moistsandwich

Meh I'm yet to see that 50% more power. Chrome-

There isn't going to be a 50% divide.... The power difference between the PS4 and XB1 is going to mean multiplats will run at a higher fps and maybe a higher resolution than the XB1 version... I expect though that PS exclusives will look a fair bit better than XB1 exclusives though.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts
lol lems still think it can match ps4stereointegrity
You are aware that the more powerful system hasn't won a console generation, right? It's the games, naturally.
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]Meh I'm yet to see that 50% more power. moistsandwich

There isn't going to be a 50% divide.... The power difference between the PS4 and XB1 is going to mean multiplats will run at a higher fps and maybe a higher resolution than the XB1 version... I expect though that PS exclusives will look a fair bit better than XB1 exclusives though.

Just an insider tip for ya: Yeah, there is going to be a difference, pretty noticeable in some cases. You're going to see some omitted FX and Lighting tech or scaled down resolution on certain textures - w/e. It's gonna be there. The lowest difference people will see is in performance and that is by design - We want the games performing (resolution and framerate) at similar levels.
Metal-8654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Metal-8654
Member since 2011 • 73 Posts

Xbox360 extra 30~MB of ram and what 15% better GPU? resulted in better multiplats ( usually higher res and better frames in games like GTA4 and skyrim ) now in this new Gen PS4 gonna be the better system for multiplats...so yea i guess it's a big deal