Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

Why doesn't Microsoft just give up in Japan? No one in Japan wants big, ugly consoles that look like VCR's with a huge power brick. I thought the new Microsoft CEO would have known better.

Looks like they don't want big ugly consoles that look like erasers either huh.

Japan is irrelevant now and has been since the 7th gen. MS proved that by selling 80+ million and selling virtually nothing in Japan. Japan has become a small market for consoles now and the PS4 sales numbers are proof.

A country is not made irrelevant by how well a Microsoft console sells.

Additionally, Japan is the most influential country second to the Us for the video games industry.

It's not selling PS4s well either. MS didn't sell at all in Japan and yet still managed to out sell/equal PS3 sales. PS3 sold nearly 10x as much so what does that tell you about Japan as a console market?

Japan is irrelevant when it comes to CONSOLE sales. What don't you understand about that statement? Did I say it wasn't influential at all?

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Microsoft should have looked at the X360 sales, the current PS4 shitty sales, and realize that the X1 didn't stand the slightest chance over there.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@Shottayouth13- said:

Microsoft should have looked at the X360 sales, the current PS4 shitty sales, and realize that the X1 didn't stand the slightest chance over there.

Well their XBox 360 sales tripled the sales of the original XBox, so I'm sure they were hoping the same thing would happen with the XB1. The difference is the XBox 360 had no competition for a year and it had many quality JRPG's on it while the PS3 wasn't around. Games like Tales of Vesperia, The Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Last Remnant, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean, Magna Carta 2, Infinite Undiscovery, etc.. This helped to push XB1 out the door in Japan. Today it seems Japan gamers could care less about PS4 or XB1 games. Unless a Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, FF or Kingdom Heart game hits, it will probably be slow going in Japan this generation.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The difference here is that the xbox brand has ALWAYS been dead in Japan, while the PS brand usually thrives, which now it is not doing, it is now dead in Japan, so the surprise is not that the Xbox brand is doing badly but that the PS brand is failing. All consoles are failing.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#105 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Huh. Should I be surprised?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Where are the posters that claimed Xbone was going to do well in Japan at launch?

They should post in this thread, lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@Kjranu: Did anyone really expect XB1 to do anything in Japan? Seriously? With the PS4 flopping in Japan, what is a sure guarantee that the XB1 will flop as well. The Wii U seems to be the system everyone wants in Japan for some reason.

This story made me laugh. http://kotaku.com/japans-xbox-one-launch-as-sad-as-youd-expect-1630411606

I'm actually more interested to see how the XB1 does in China. Everyone knew it would flop in Japan.

Joke post the PS4 has sold more since February than the Wii U has sold since January 1.

The only reason the wii U got a boost was because of Mari Kart and is barely outselling the PS4.

This thread is full of sad lemming,oh by the way wasn't Japan part of the tier 2 countries that would save the xbox one.?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#108  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@kingtito said:

@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

Why doesn't Microsoft just give up in Japan? No one in Japan wants big, ugly consoles that look like VCR's with a huge power brick. I thought the new Microsoft CEO would have known better.

Japan is irrelevant now and has been since the 7th gen. MS proved that by selling 80+ million and selling virtually nothing in Japan. Japan has become a small market for consoles now and the PS4 sales numbers are proof.

Additionally, Japan is the most influential country second to the Us for the video games industry.

It's not selling PS4s well either. MS didn't sell at all in Japan and yet still managed to out sell/equal PS3 sales. PS3 sold nearly 10x as much so what does that tell you about Japan as a console market?

Japan is irrelevant when it comes to CONSOLE sales. What don't you understand about that statement? Did I say it wasn't influential at all?

Now you've changed your argument. You didn't say they were irrelevant, specific to any condition. You described it as a broad irrelevancy.

Japan is relevant to the video games industry, Japan is... ignoring the console industry. That can only be a good thing, to be honest.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@Kjranu: Did anyone really expect XB1 to do anything in Japan? Seriously? With the PS4 flopping in Japan, what is a sure guarantee that the XB1 will flop as well. The Wii U seems to be the system everyone wants in Japan for some reason.

This story made me laugh. http://kotaku.com/japans-xbox-one-launch-as-sad-as-youd-expect-1630411606

I'm actually more interested to see how the XB1 does in China. Everyone knew it would flop in Japan.

Joke post the PS4 has sold more since February than the Wii U has sold since January 1.

The only reason the wii U got a boost was because of Mari Kart and is barely outselling the PS4.

This thread is full of sad lemming,oh by the way wasn't Japan part of the tier 2 countries that would save the xbox one.?

"but but the other markets" according to lemmings, they haven't realized outside us/uk the rest of the world gives a sh1t about xbone, and even in those countries is getting destroyed.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Is Japanese gamers just not much into gaming lately or what? I mean what do they play majority wise? If the PS4 isn't selling that hot there either, then what is?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#112 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

The PS4 sold 60%-70% of it's LTD in a couple of weeks and then crashed. You really shouldn't be bragging about that.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#113 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Is Japanese gamers just not much into gaming lately or what? I mean what do they play majority wise? If the PS4 isn't selling that hot there either, then what is?

They prefer mobile gaming, PSV and 3DS. They also prefer certain titles.

Big sellers in the past 6months or so are:Yokai Watch 2, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X / Y, Monster Hunter 4, Mario Kart 7

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@remiks00 said:

Isn't PS4 bombing in japan as well? I thought only handhelds are doing well in japan these days.

not bombing, but it is selling kinda slow, but that is obvious because of the lack of japanese style games. Im sure it will be selling out but the time FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 release.

The PS4 is getting some Japanese dev support as of now, combine that with Kingdom Hearts 3 and that pervy Project Morpheus interactive School girl game, and you got weabos and creepy japanese gamers lining up.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

lol

I JUST DIED!!! LMAOOO

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

Now you've changed your argument. You didn't say they were irrelevant, specific to any condition. You described it as a broad irrelevancy.

Japan is relevant to the video games industry, Japan is... ignoring the console industry. That can only be a good thing, to be honest.

Nope, you just didn't read what I said. Try reading it again. Japan is irrelevant in the console market now. MS proved you could do very well in spite of selling virtually nothing in Japan. It's proving it again with the low PS4 sales yet the PS4 is still dominating and is the fastest selling console of all time.

Like I said, Japan is irrelevant in console sales now. That doesn't look to change any time soon.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Spin it, lemmings! Spin it! The world doesn't give a shit about the Xbone!

Mr_wwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Mr_wwi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Same like its name Xbox One, only one people came

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#119 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@kingtito said:
@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

Nope, you just didn't read what I said. Try reading it again. Japan is irrelevant in the console market now. MS proved you could do very well in spite of selling virtually nothing in Japan. It's proving it again with the low PS4 sales yet the PS4 is still dominating and is the fastest selling console of all time.

Like I said, Japan is irrelevant in console sales now. That doesn't look to change any time soon.

Yes, of course. Sony and Nintendo's country of origin is irrelevant to their own industry.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

To be honest I was surprised the 360 was a big hit. Just proves brand loyalty does not matter.

As for Japan I'm not so sure it not being from a Japanese company is the prime reason. I think they want certain assurances that Japanese games will be released in the future, and MS history of committing to things does not inspire convidennce.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

What really funny is the X1 is number one on Amazon JP, so I guess they sold a few more that just one.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By tormentos

@super600 said:

The PS4 sold 60%-70% of it's LTD in a couple of weeks and then crashed. You really shouldn't be bragging about that.

I wasn't bragging about it,but even so it sold more than the xbox one i am sure by a truck load,the PS4 has basically no games on Japan,so low sales are expected lets not forget how last year the PS3 basically outsold the Wii U all year long,the wii U is getting better games now so it picked up a little steam,a little.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Playstation!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 tormentos
@kingtito said:

That is if you believe that the xbox 360 sold well,considering how it sold 83 million with a huge defect that prom a big chunk of its user base to have more than 1 xbox 360 bough i don't see the greatness specially when they had 1 year head start on every one,and a price advantage over its main competitor of up to $300 dollars.

Been the fastest selling off all time without much Japan help doesn't mean Japan is irrelevant,there were more than 100 million gamers that bough a 360 and PS3 last gen,so yeah there is allot of gamers who wanted a new console even more when this by far has been the longest gen ever.

Japan gaming taste has change from there to say it irrelevant who know,but the PS3 catch the xbox 360 in part for Japan the PS3 sold like 10 times better while arriving 1 year late,without Japan the PS3 would be now 8 or 9 million units behind the 360.

By the way many of those tier 2 countries left for the xbox one to be release in are as sad as Japan for the xbox one and some i think even more..

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Pretty sure everyone knew Xbox would not do well in Japan, especially since PS4 didn't do to well and the PS4 has more games that would appeal to Japanese gamers.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Alcapello

Ive said it once over a decade ago and I''' say it again...until microsoft changes it's controller, it will never win a gen.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Alcapello

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Japan will just keep sticking with the 3DS playing little girl comic adventures and Pokemon.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@sailor232 said:

The difference here is that the xbox brand has ALWAYS been dead in Japan, while the PS brand usually thrives, which now it is not doing, it is now dead in Japan, so the surprise is not that the Xbox brand is doing badly but that the PS brand is failing. All consoles are failing.

That is surprising about the PS brand. I used to work with a Japanese lady. She struck me as being very proud of Japanese products and chooses to buy them over other products. It's a patriotic thing to do. Not too unlike some Americans only purchasing American made cars. So it's no surprise that the xbox doesn't sell well there.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

@Flubbbs: WTF LMAO

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#131  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@kingtito said:

@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

ok so not selling in the region equalizes the year head start...

If ms sold as much as sony in japan, then microsoft would have their first 100 mil console right? 10 million sales is a lot if you consider the original xbox sold 30+ million. and mind you that japan is just one country...we arent talking about one region like eu. japan is still a first tier gaming country just not number # 1 or even number 2.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

lol

LMAO...is that the crowd from Forza 5?

Edit: Yup

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Womp Womp.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Twisting the facts again Tormentos. Yes the PS4 came hot out of the gates in Japan. But for the past few months now both the PS3 and Wii U have been outselling the PS4.

And "barely outselling"? This past weeks numbers are the only ones that have been close. The Wii U has been outselling the PS3 AND PS4 combined for some time now.

The PS4 isn't doing well in Japan. Sony knew that would happen which is why it launched later there. You don't have to jump on video game message boards and defend Sony to the death. It's ok. They can't win them all.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#135  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@kingtito said:

@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

If ms sold as much as sony in japan, then microsoft would have their first 100 mil console right? 10 million sales is a lot if you consider the original xbox sold 30+ million. and mind you that japan is just one country...we arent talking about one region like eu. japan is still a first tier gaming country just not number # 1 or even number 2.

The original xbox sold around 24 million.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It all begs the question. Are there more threads in SW about the XBone than people buying them?

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Kjranu:

aaaaand XBOX has never done well in Japan, so this is news how?? To my knowledge the PS4 hasn't fared so well over there either, so I don't see this as a big deal. Japan is extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely overrated as far as gaming influence in todays world. They would rather play mobile games on their tablets, phones, Vitas or 3DS's. They are not console consumers like we are!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 tormentos

@GoldenElementXL said:

Twisting the facts again Tormentos. Yes the PS4 came hot out of the gates in Japan. But for the past few months now both the PS3 and Wii U have been outselling the PS4.

And "barely outselling"? This past weeks numbers are the only ones that have been close. The Wii U has been outselling the PS3 AND PS4 combined for some time now.

The PS4 isn't doing well in Japan. Sony knew that would happen which is why it launched later there. You don't have to jump on video game message boards and defend Sony to the death. It's ok. They can't win them all.

I am not twisting anything bro.

The fact is the wii U has sold 300+K the PS4 600+ K after the wii u receive Mario Kart the Wii U started to pull ahead,also last year for most of the year the PS3 outsold the wii U so that say nothing,oh and the wii U is down in sales year over year last year by this same time it had sold more than 400K now it has more than 350k.

| WIU | 8.584 | 8.985 | 6.741 | 382.050 | 434.910 | 1.907.480 | | PS3 | 7.895 | 2.376 | 20.090 | 354.612 | 592.074 | 10.064.286 | | PS4 | 6.502 | 5.923 | | 678.185 | | 678.185 |

The week that outsold the PS3 + PS4 because apparently the PS3 had no units of something and had a low end week,selling 2,376 this week the Wii U outsold the PS3 by some 600 units man thats nothing,and the PS4 by some 2,000 units that is totally nothing compare to sales outside Japan unless you want to pretend like a blind fanboy that 2000 is something great.

Look at this year LTD the wii U is beating the PS3 by 28k,when last year at this same point the PS3 was outselling the wii U by 157k,the PS4 has no games just wait until something good hit and you will see the change,just like it happen with the wii.

Stop you DC you always defend MS and always make some crap ass arguments.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#139 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@super600 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@kingtito said:

@parkurtommo said:

@kingtito said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

The original xbox sold around 24 million.

REALLY? i dont know where i got 32 million from then. lol but i swear i saw 30+ million being thrown around

well then it just makes that 10 million sales in japan that much bigger

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@tormentos said:

I am not twisting anything bro.

The fact is the wii U has sold 300+K the PS4 600+ K after the wii u receive Mario Kart the Wii U started to pull ahead,also last year for most of the year the PS3 outsold the wii U so that say nothing,oh and the wii U is down in sales year over year last year by this same time it had sold more than 400K now it has more than 350k.

| WIU | 8.584 | 8.985 | 6.741 | 382.050 | 434.910 | 1.907.480 | | PS3 | 7.895 | 2.376 | 20.090 | 354.612 | 592.074 | 10.064.286 | | PS4 | 6.502 | 5.923 | | 678.185 | | 678.185 |

The week that outsold the PS3 + PS4 because apparently the PS3 had no units of something and had a low end week,selling 2,376 this week the Wii U outsold the PS3 by some 600 units man thats nothing,and the PS4 by some 2,000 units that is totally nothing compare to sales outside Japan unless you want to pretend like a blind fanboy that 2000 is something great.

Look at this year LTD the wii U is beating the PS3 by 28k,when last year at this same point the PS3 was outselling the wii U by 157k,the PS4 has no games just wait until something good hit and you will see the change,just like it happen with the wii.

Stop you DC you always defend MS and always make some crap ass arguments.

What week are you speaking of? Week 32,33,or 34? Because the Wii U outsold them combined those weeks.

Week 32. Wii U 13,598. PS3 6,486, PS4 5,470
Week 33. Wii U 18,161. PS4 6,913, PS3 6,260
Week 34. Wii U 8,985. PS4 5,923, PS3 2,376

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883160
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873761

And how in the hell is anything I am saying defending MS? The only person here talking about MS is you! You need to seek medical attention immediately.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

why did joan rivers make an appearance in this thread?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#142  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Is anyone really surprised?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@alcapello said:

haha i like this reference. bravo

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@commonfate said:

why did joan rivers make an appearance in this thread?

becauese xbox is as dead as joan rivers

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#145 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Xbox brand had never been famous in Japan . So , Xbox One not doing well in Japan isn't as big news as PS4 not doing well is . Thing is , Japan had always been about small and affordable gaming platforms . That's why PC gaming was never big there and people preferred consoles . Since , mobile and tablet gaming is becoming more mainstream , Japanese have started to migrate there . That's one of the big reasons why PS4 isn't doing well in Japan , let alone Xbox One .

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Lemmings trying to deflect from the Xbone's STAGGERING FAILURE by hiding behind the Wii U. Losers!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#147  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

"...with just one buyer at a major electronic retailer in Tokyo."

Now I know why it's called Xbox One. They were literally expecting to sell a single console...

Mission accomplished! Gen winner confirmed!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By tormentos

@GoldenElementXL said:

What week are you speaking of? Week 32,33,or 34? Because the Wii U outsold them combined those weeks.

Week 32. Wii U 13,598. PS3 6,486, PS4 5,470

Week 33. Wii U 18,161. PS4 6,913, PS3 6,260

Week 34. Wii U 8,985. PS4 5,923, PS3 2,376

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883160

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873761

And how in the hell is anything I am saying defending MS? The only person here talking about MS is you! You need to seek medical attention immediately.

Oh please dude look at the damn drop from 18k to 8 k in just 1 week that = a spike not something that is normal.

3 weeks how much the advantage of those 3 weeks amount to.?

Because the PS4 has close to 700k sold find the end of February to now when the wii has 380K basically since January 1 and is down year over year,again a spike over some games is nothing fact is LTD for this year the PS4 almost double the wii U plain an simple wait until some games hits and then talk again i hope you don't do your usual disappearing if things change,fact is the wii u was barely outselling the PS4,and as it is last week it was 2000 that is to laugh for,specially when you consider how the PS4 eclipsed the wii U 1 year head start...

Lets see what happen when the PS4 get Kingdom Hearts and other games that appeal to Japanese gamers.

Because you always are and when not you are like now lowering your self by using Nintendo sad performing Wii U,you are a fanboy who admitted picking on PS fans enough say...lol

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#149 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Is the Wii U outselling the PS4 right now in Japan? Answer that question. The Wii U got the Mario Kart 8 boost back in May when it was released. It's now Sept and the Wii U is still outselling the PS4 some 3 months later.

Here are sales from Aug 11 - 17 in Japan. that doesn't look like barely outselling the PS4 to me. That's more then 2:1 sales over the PS4. Dude, just stop owning yourself already. It's embarrassing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/25/stiq-figures-august-11-17-successors-we-never-got-edition/

3DS LL: 42,365 [UP] 9,193

Vita: 20,825 [UP] 3,741

Wii U: 18,161 [UP] 4,563

3DS: 9,429 [UP] 1,556

PS4: 6,913 [UP] 1,443

PS3: 6,260 [DOWN] 226

Vita TV: 1,491 [UP] 147

PSP: 416 [UP] 115

Xbox 360: 160 [UP] 9

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 tormentos

@Cloud_imperium said:

Xbox brand had never been famous in Japan . So , Xbox One not doing well in Japan isn't as big news as PS4 not doing well is . Thing is , Japan had always been about small and affordable gaming platforms . That's why PC gaming was never big there and people preferred consoles . Since , mobile and tablet gaming is becoming more mainstream , Japanese have started to migrate there . That's one of the big reasons why PS4 isn't doing well in Japan , let alone Xbox One .

The PS3 didn't do that well specially compare with the PS2.

But there also many other tier 2 countries where the xbox one hasn't been great and it will be the same this gen and lemming just can't admit that.

@blackace said:

Is the Wii U outselling the PS4 right now in Japan? Answer that question. The Wii U got the Mario Kart 8 boost back in May when it was released. It's now Sept and the Wii U is still outselling the PS4 some 3 months later.

Here are sales from Aug 11 - 17 in Japan. that doesn't look like barely outselling the PS4 to me. That's more then 2:1 sales over the PS4. Dude, just stop owning yourself already. It's embarrassing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/25/stiq-figures-august-11-17-successors-we-never-got-edition/

3DS LL: 42,365 [UP] 9,193

Vita: 20,825 [UP] 3,741

Wii U: 18,161 [UP] 4,563

3DS: 9,429 [UP] 1,556

PS4: 6,913 [UP] 1,443

PS3: 6,260 [DOWN] 226

Vita TV: 1,491 [UP] 147

PSP: 416 [UP] 115

Xbox 360: 160 [UP] 9

No is not but it has almost double the yearly sales,and the wii u is barely outselling it..

Funny how you try to pretend here that 12k is allot of units,but some how 10 million vs 5 million is nothing..

That week your using was a spike,nothing more nothing less.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887873

The latest week the Wii U won by 2k,last week by 3K so as you can see yeah barely outselling it,when the PS4 LTD numbers for this year are close to 700k and the wii U like 380k..

So 300k is small but 12k is huge..lol

Oh and Mario Kart still on that chart selling dude.