XBOX LIVE IS OVER RATED (fear the caps)...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Ok, before we get started, let's go over some distinctions here:

1) LAG:

People say that Xbox Live doesn't lag. Not true.

Popular games like Halo 2 and Gears Of War don't lag, because the companies invest so much money in making them have stable online services, but other then those 2 games, EVERY OTHER FRICKEN GAME LAGS LIKE HELL.

2) NUMBER OF PEOPLE:

Once again, Halo 2 and Gears of war are the ONLY games with lots of people playing.

These 2 games have tons of people, while at ANY given time there's maybe a grand total of 15 people in another game.

3) RANDOM DISCONNECTS:

This one pisses me off, because whenever I'm in a game other then Halo 2 or GeoW it disconnects me roughly every 15 minutes.

4) LITTLE KIDS:

Now, everyone seems to say that "But Big Red Button! Every online system has lots of little kids!!!!!!111111".

NOT TRUE. PC Games (which have an online service 100 times better, it's called the INTERNET) have almost no little kids.

Now, I don't have that much against little kids, I like kids, I even spent a lot of my teenage years babysitting.

But it becomes a problem when in half of the games you join you hear this:

"LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL

ALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA"

Now let's compare this to PC online:

1) Even in huge games like Battlefield 2 with 64 people it runs smooth (unless the dude was an ass and got a crappy server).

2) Find ANY game that's on both PC and 360 and I'll bet with 90% certanty that the PC version has well over 10 times the number of players. This is shown by games like CoD2, FEAR, and will soon be demonstrated by the HL2 package's Team Fortress 2.

3) Doesn't happen. Except in Battlefield 2, but turn voIP off and it stops. (because PC games have lots of options to optimise them).

4)Already explaned this one. There's a little kid here or there, but they're ALWAYS less annoying, and the people aged 16+ outnumber them 10 to 1.

Now get out of my thread.

EvilDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EvilDrifter
Member since 2004 • 792 Posts
And no little mexican kid is a pro gamer in PC gaming. *b7'd*
Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
Seems to me ALL of those problems are your own fault, apart from the kid one where you seem to turn a blind eye to adults.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
The kids can be annoying at times. On Halo that is.
Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

I'd say Starcraft, but it's perfect.

If you disagree you're wrong.

I don't even believes that any game has the potential to be perfect, but Starcraft is the exception.

Big_Red_Button

Starcraft is the worst game ever made!!! Seriously... Why does everyone like it!?

-It barely sold ANY copies.

-NO ONE plays it (especially in South Korea)

-It didn't get ANY good reviews... ANYWHERE.

-All of it's races were COMPLETELY the same, even down to their looks, build trees, and overall play forbidden>

Big_Red_Button

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
 No he has points but X-box live Rules
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
:|.....not worth waisting my type on this bs .
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts
The longer 360's out the more Xbox live service will grow. 
Avatar image for z_gaming_master
z_gaming_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 z_gaming_master
Member since 2004 • 964 Posts

Last time I checked, COD3 had plenty of people playing....:S

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts
Why doesn't anyone get this simple fact: If you want it free, it won't be good, and if you want it good, you have to pay. No matter how many lame excuses you come up with, this will pertain to everything you get in life. And I'm sick of hearing these reports on how XBL sucks. Do you own a 360? " No cuz M$ iz da crapzors, I played ay my Fri3nds house." Becuse we all know having 2- 4 players on one connection won't affect ping at all.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
THe only games that lag are the older ubisoft games but not all of them that's cuz  the ubi servers suck. anyway you can talk to ppl on xbox live and if you don't want to turn the mic of. Anyway PC  online sucks because it's soo unbalanced like you don't have matchmaking and stuff and there are cheaters.
redhawk360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 redhawk360
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts

4) LITTLE KIDS:

Now, everyone seems to say that "But Big Red Button! Every online system has lots of little kids!!!!!!111111".

NOT TRUE. PC Games (which have an online service 100 times better, it's called the INTERNET) have almost no little kids.

Now, I don't have that much against little kids, I like kids, I even spent a lot of my teenage years babysitting.

Big_Red_Button

The only reason you dont like little kids online is because they own you.
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts
And you notice how he's gone, and proably can't deal with the fact he's wrong/////
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

1) LAG:

Popular games like Halo 2 and Gears Of War don't lag, because the companies invest so much money in making them have stable online services, but other then those 2 games, EVERY OTHER FRICKEN GAME LAGS LIKE HELL.

2) NUMBER OF PEOPLE:

Once again, Halo 2 and Gears of war are the ONLY games with lots of people playing.

These 2 games have tons of people, while at ANY given time there's maybe a grand total of 15 people in another game.

3) RANDOM DISCONNECTS:

This one pisses me off, because whenever I'm in a game other then Halo 2 or GeoW it disconnects me roughly every 15 minutes.

4) LITTLE KIDS:

1) Even in huge games like Battlefield 2 with 64 people it runs smooth (unless the dude was an ass and got a crappy server).

2) Find ANY game that's on both PC and 360 and I'll bet with 90% certanty that the PC version has well over 10 times the number of players. This is shown by games like CoD2, FEAR, and will soon be demonstrated by the HL2 package's Team Fortress 2.

3) Doesn't happen. Except in Battlefield 2, but turn voIP off and it stops. (because PC games have lots of options to optimise them).

4)Already explaned this one. There's a little kid here or there, but they're ALWAYS less annoying, and the people aged 16+ outnumber them 10 to 1.

Big_Red_Button

WTH are u talking about?I play with about a 100 people on Rainbow6 everyday and nba2k7.

bman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 bman000
Member since 2006 • 3592 Posts
What's funny is I get more disconnections in Gears and Halo more so then other games. Of course XBL has lag, but people with good connections will rarely experience it. Almost everygame I play has tons of people online. And little kids are a little annoying, but learn to love the mute button.
Nintega91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintega91
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

WTH are u talking about?I play with about a 100 people on Rainbow6 everyday and nba2k7.

jujutheking

100 out of 10 million isnt very much.

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
This guy seriously needs to start playing rainbow six vegas on live... It would be an eye opener.
wii60ftw-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wii60ftw-
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts

1) LAG:

2) NUMBER OF PEOPLE:

3) RANDOM DISCONNECTS:

4) LITTLE KIDS:

Big_Red_Button

i never lagged in madden,splintercell,nba 2k7,test drive,rainbow 6,and saints row

theres a thousand people playing madden,nba 2k7 and rainbow 6 right now

i mute them

i never get disconnected

RickJame-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RickJame-s
Member since 2006 • 413 Posts
Yeah there is lag in almost every game I've played..including counterstrike source!!(Some days my ping goes from 80 to 200) You expect there to be lag of some sort In GEOW (I've played with people from europe, japan and austrailia yesterday) If the host of the game has a lag connection..your game is going to lag.  You can't blame LIVE for the hosts connection.  And the comment about little kids....I'm sorry your going to get that on any online server, doesnt matter if its on the PC, Xbox, or PS.
parshanb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 parshanb
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts

1) LAG:

2) NUMBER OF PEOPLE:

3) RANDOM DISCONNECTS:

4) LITTLE KIDS:

Big_Red_Button
omg your a retard GEARS OF WAR lags sometimes but i have NEVER lagged with ANY game except Gears of War , omg man, the whole thing is fake, stop lying
Deiuos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Deiuos
Member since 2005 • 1402 Posts
Until everyone in the world has like T3 or something, you're probably going to see some lag here and there.  If you grew up with 56k online games like I have, I don't see how you or anyone could complain -- now THOSE were lagging games!

As for the "overrated" comment, anything popular is overrated.  Cheese?  Overrated.
lazerluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lazerluke
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts

The quality of the connection from the person hosting the game will effect the lag and disconnects not xbox live, xbox live does not host the game. I would have thought you would know that being a pc gamer.

There are more online players for COD2 on the pc because the 360 has COD3 as well.

The multiplayer part in FEAR is available as a free download and the game has been out ages on the pc so again no surprise that there are more pc players online.

The 64 player BF2 games you speak about are hosted from spealist companies like multiplay who have dedicated servers and really fast internet connections. You could not host a game of this size on a standard residential broadband line.

I hope this helps.

KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts
1) Well, obviously you don't play many games on XBL then. Seriously, I'm curious which games you have played, and what your connection speed is. I have played PDZ, Madden 07, DOA4, Top Spin 2, Burnout Revenge, Pocketbike Racer, Chromehounds, GeoW, and Halo 2 on my 360 and have found instances of lag to be rare at best. 2) The number of people playing any given game at any given type is not Microsofts fault. What do you want them to do, pay people to play games that came out a year ago just so you can have some fun? Besides, if the online is truly good then finding a game isn't really a problem. I'm still able to find people to play in games like PDZ and Burnout Revenge, which have been out quite a while. The only game I've really had trouble with was Top Spin 2, simply because tennis isn't that popular of a game genre. 3) Like I said, I'd be curious to see what games you are playing. I really haven't had many problems with disconnects in my gaming. 4) Learn to not be a lazy idiot and use the mute option. Seriously, thats what it's there for.
rhaigun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rhaigun
Member since 2005 • 3019 Posts
[QUOTE="Big_Red_Button"]

I'd say Starcraft, but it's perfect.

If you disagree you're wrong.

I don't even believes that any game has the potential to be perfect, but Starcraft is the exception.

Nemme

Starcraft is the worst game ever made!!! Seriously... Why does everyone like it!?

-It barely sold ANY copies.

-NO ONE plays it (especially in South Korea)

-It didn't get ANY good reviews... ANYWHERE.

-All of it's races were COMPLETELY the same, even down to their looks, build trees, and overall play forbidden>

Big_Red_Button

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Credible source?

OWNAGE APPROVED!!!!!!

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
You only get lag if you or the host have bad services. If you play with people that have good braodband, there will be no lag. That's why when I buy a game, I make friends with people that have good services.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
Come join the rest of us here in the year of 2007.

XBL does have some of those annoyances,but you have to take the bad with the good.  Luckily, XBL gives you a good set of features and tools to prevent all of that.

If you're not using those tools, then you have no one else to blame but yourself.

I set my gamerzone appropriately, I always use the feedback tool which allows me to, amongst other things, to either avoid or prefer people I've played with, I'm pretty free with using the mute function and play primarily with people on my friends list.

I haven't had a single annoying experience for long time.
GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
Its kinda Pathetic XBOXLIVES first attempt at online still had you paying 5.00 a month and you couldnt use grenades so they could cut down lag... Pathetic
ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts

XBOX live is great but it costs money thats what i HATE about it... 

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

EVERY OTHER FRICKEN GAME LAGS LIKE HELL.

Big_Red_Button

No it doesnt and you know it.

Smithblat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Smithblat89
Member since 2006 • 6041 Posts
You must not play on xbox live much, because there are lots of people on line. And gears has lag.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
2) Jedi Academy, an under-appreciated 2003 title has atleast 50+ people on at any given time. :? 3) I don't randomly disconnect. You should check your connection. 4) There's little kids everywhere, just use the mute button.