Xbox had the best controller???

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I have ps4,ps3, Wii and PC.

I use a gamepad for pc and purchased an Xbox gamepad. It makes the ps4 controller and Nintendos controllers feel like cheap plastic.

How is it so much better? The triggers are easier to use, the controller is solid so it doesn't twist and make creaking noises (ps4 controller is garbage in comparison). How do Sony and Nintendo willingly put out weak flimsy peripherals when a much more well optimized design exists?

Solid with easy to use triggers and easy to grasp, the ps4 and Nintendo controllers feel like they are designed for involutes that can barely hold the damn things. The controller is so much better I'm tempted to sell my ps4 because it's just way more fun on a study gamepad that doesn't hurt my hands or feel like it's going to break.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

The D-Pad is absolutely trash on the Xbox controller, especially in fighting games, otherwise it's a great controller.

I'm not sure I'd call it the best though, since I'm a fanboy of the PS2 controller.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 robokill

@walloftruth: so like 2% of games?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Well I hated the dualshock and six-axis variation. I had a third party controller for my PS3. With that said, the Xbox 360/X1 controller is amazing, except the d-pad is terrible. Nintendo's pro controller for the Wii U gets my vote.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@robokill said:

@walloftruth: so like 2% of games?

As a console gamer, maybe, I'm a PC Gamer though, I only use my Xbox controller for racing games and fighting games and for the odd 2d platformer, it's more like 40% of games for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

@robokill said:

I have ps4,ps3, Wii and PC.

I use a gamepad for pc and purchased an Xbox gamepad. It makes the ps4 controller and Nintendos controllers feel like cheap plastic.

How is it so much better?

Because Microsoft made it for people without toes on their hands.

NingYupOwaDat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NingYupOwaDat
Member since 2016 • 182 Posts

360 controller was better than ps3 one no doubt about it . But ps4 controller is marginally better than xbone . For me every button on Xbox one controller feels stupidly clicky . Like way too clicky . Also the triggers are way to soft to press . They really don't feel good . D pad is a big improvement but still inferior to any PlayStation d pad. I like the analogs a little better than ps4 analogs . Analogue placement doesn't matter either way.

I havnt used any modern Nintendo controller .

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

I use a DS4 on my PC

different strokes

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

The Xone elite controller is my favorite. Has the perfect weight to it.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

outside of the dpad, MS has had the best controller ever since the S. the DS4 is the 1st good controller sony has made since the PS1 controller but it's still not as good.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

The elite is the best controller ever made...........DEAL WITH IT.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

Only the Xbox Elite Controller is my favorite to use on my PC gaming and that's about it.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@walloftruth said:

The D-Pad is absolutely trash on the Xbox controller, especially in fighting games, otherwise it's a great controller.

I'm not sure I'd call it the best though, since I'm a fanboy of the PS2 controller.

Are you talking about the X360 controller? Because they improved that dramatically in the XB1 design.

And I've always favored the Xbox controllers since the OG s-model (what came after the Duke), which kept improving with each iteration. On the whole it's had the most refined ergonomics, superb triggers, great analog sticks with the convex heads for optimal thumb tactile surface, and nice resposnive face buttons.

It's only Achilles heel being the d-pad, which again was addressed in XB1. Oh I know some people will complain about the use of AA batteries, but really it was smarter to go with an interchangeable battery pack, so it can be swapped out instead of replacing the entire controller when the charge life of the battery is completely drained.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Xbox Elite Controller > Gamecube/Wavebird > everything else

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#15 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Well, while the Xbox One controller seems to be the preferred controller, the DS4 controller is a substantial improvement over the DS3 controller. The DS4 controller has never felt cheap or flimsy to me in the least. It feels "lighter", but I don't associate lighter with "cheap" or "flimsy". I used to replace my PlayStation controllers with controllers that were shaped like Xbox controllers. With the PS4, I haven't had to do that. While I still don't like the stick layout, it's so much better to use now than it used to.

I still prefer the Xbox One controller over the DS4 because the Xbox One controller has a more weighty feel, has a better d-pad and a better stick layout compared to the DS4. I seem to like the bumpers and shoulder buttons on the DS4 a smidge more though.

Now the Xbox One Elite controller is the fucking SHIZNET. You get that, and you never go back. It's the best controller I have ever used on console, and probably the best I have used on PC.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I have not had enough time with the PS4 controller to judge it, but just on its own merits and compared to the 360 controller I really enjoy the XOne pad, best I've ever used, especially the elite.

The Elite is heavier but also sturdier, and is very customizable....you better not try it, sounds like you would really like it. My one complaint about the regular XOne controller is sometimes the buttons break, I have 3 controllers where 1 button does not work well. I should say though that outside of the Elite, I dont treat my controllers well at all and have often dropped them on hard floor lol....but still, I think the 360 controllers seemed to last a little longer. No such issues with the Elite(better not at that price lol), heavy usage on Halo 5 and other games and works perfectly just like day 1.

I agree the D pad is not great for fighters, I cannot play them on regular controllers anyways, that's why I have a Madcatz Arcade stick.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kvally

@Alucard_Prime said:

often dropped them on hard floor lol.

Dude...game rage? Why???

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

My opinion is better than yours.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Alucard_Prime

@kvally: No lol, never....just little accidents, I have several of them scattered about my room and some mishaps happened in the past while not paying attention lol. I game a lot so it just happens getting up, getting pizza, whatever, not paying attention and pow! On the floor it falls and bounces around....Im more careful recently though, more organized...the Elite though I always store it in that case it comes with, I don't want to find out how durable they are lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Americans have large hands and MS has always taken it very seriously that the controller is important because it is the piece of hardware that is in the players hands all of the time. Logically it should be paid a lot of attention to

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kvally

@Alucard_Prime said:

@kvally: No lol, never....just little accidents, I have several of them scattered about my room and some mishaps happened in the past while not paying attention lol. I game a lot so it just happens getting up, getting pizza, whatever, not paying attention and pow! On the floor it falls and bounces around....Im more careful recently though, more organized...the Elite though I always store it in that case it comes with, I don't want to find out how durable they are lol

I gotcha. You know, I have been known to intentionally try and TWIST my controller in some of my few but desperate bits of rage when playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@flyincloud1116 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

No it's not.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kvally

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

No it's not.

Um, it is....just leave it at that. (take the upper hand and just let it goooooo :)

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

No it's not.

Mine is better than both of yours. #Truestorybro :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@AdobeArtist said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

No it's not.

My opinion is the PINNACLE!!!!!!!!!!!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

No it's not.

Mine is the Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End of all opinions.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

No it's not.

I have this....

Drops mic!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@AdobeArtist:

@AdobeArtist said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

No it's not.

Mine is the Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End of all opinions.

Okay..............I can't top that

:(

You win.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@kvally: @BigShotSmoov007: @AdobeArtist: Girls, just please stap, you´re gonna tear those pantyhoses if you continue fighting.

Back to the subject, DS4 is a major improvement over DS3 ( which is pretty much a wireless PS1 controller ), the battery life of course sucks dick ( if you were able to turn of that stupid light on the front of the controller battery life would still suck dick but less ). X360/X1 controllers are much better than the rest.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

As someone with small hands I have never liked the shape of the XBox controllers, and the asymmetric thumbstick layout is ridiculous for me - maybe it works well if you have longer thumbs, but I have to flex my left hand forward out of the "rest" position to use the full range well. It sucks. And the d-pad is subpar.

As a consequence, I far prefer the DS4. It simply fits my hands better (and no, it is not flimsy). Even with those issues I have the Xbox design I will readily acknowledge that the DS3 flat out sucked and the 360 pad was better.

Now that they have fixed the analog wear issue on the DS4, the only objective issue I see with it is battery life. Everything else (comfort, analog positioning, etc) is simply subjective and personal - ergonomics and familiarity that can't be the same from person to person.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The Xbox controller is award winning and lots of companies are following similar designs, so yes it's the best.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

DS4 is the best stock controller to date, other then the battery life it's damn near perfect.

Now that's not to say other controllers are bad, the s type, the 360, the ds3 are all great also.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Alucard_Prime

@kvally: lol yeah I know what you mean....when I get irritable while playing, I usually squeeze the controller harder and press the buttons harder....I've never resorted to throwing a controller though, like ever since I have been gaming......people who do that(especially if they break the TV) must feel really bad the next day, I would assume.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@vfighter: ds3 is worse in every way to the ps2 controller more flimsy no rumble way cheaper buttons than the ps2 conteoller who puts a ps3 controller over ps2 diesnt know comfort

ps4 > 360 > ps2 > xb1

comfort is everything sony took a huge step back with ps3 microsoft took a smaller step vack with xb1.

360 and ps4 were massive inprovements ps4 only controller i can use right now microsoft needs a new controller for scorpio or there dead to me xb1 way too clicky buttons stick analogs feel good but there smaller and need more force. i could play forhours on ps4 360 cant play long at all with xb1

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I got to prefer the Steam Controller, I got so good with it, fully programmable and can play any genre.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kvally

My rating of the controllers:

Xbox One Elite > Xbox One > Xbox 360 > PS4 > PS3 > PS2

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

That XB1 rumble too is unmatched, my cellphone has better vibration than the DS4, the DS4's is a joke. I love it in Forza Horizon 3 how you really feel the terrain, the traction, the drifting, the skidding, or that ease as you go from off road onto flat top. Playing Gears of War 4 you really feel it too in the guns too, they feel like they really pack a punch. It's so natural to play shooters on an Xbox controller, trying to on a dual shock feels awkward as hell and unfulfilled. I'd rather use a controller that's superior for 99% of the games out that here than the 1% that's fighting games.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

@vfighter said:

DS4 is the best stock controller to date, other then the battery life it's damn near perfect.

Now that's not to say other controllers are bad, the s type, the 360, the ds3 are all great also.

Ditto.

Also, my DS4 doesn't creak.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Ummm...the ds3 does have rumble, its the same shell as the ds2 so comfort is the same, and the buttons don't feel different nor does it feel flimsy. Try again.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

I like the layout of the ds4 , the track pad is sweet but it does feel cheap , it's too light , the battery life is bad. I have 4 ds4s and two are in bad shape I dropped one about 2 feet onto hardwood floor and the case came apart a bit on the seam on the handle .I'm having button issues and analog sticks are chafing AND if I'm playing at night in the dark I get a reflection of the light on my TV which is really annoying ,if they improved quality it would make it my favorite due to the layout. The elite on the other hand is near perfect it has no defects imo it feels amazing ,has perfect weight balance ,it's built solid as a rock , the dpad is just fine now and vibration doesn't matter to me I turn it off when I can I used air tools for almost 20 years so I don't enjoy holding a vibrating tool if I don't have to ,the only issue I have is batteries but I get lithiums so they last quite awhile. The Wii u pro controller is really good too I have no complaints about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

They always have had the best controller. I just bought a new blue one, which improved on some of the minor annoyances of the first iteration of Xbox One controllers. Nice to have that extra grip, and the buttons on top are also much better now. Easily the 2nd best controller on the market. #1 being the Elite controller obviously.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 robokill

@kvally: when I use the ds4 the stupid thing squeaks and shifts in my hands. It bends a good 4-5mm in either direction on the yz axis.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I have large hands, and I simply disagree that the Xbox controller is better than the PS controller. I really don't like the off set analog sticks... never have been a fan of that.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Nah, can't play Devil May Cry very well on an Xbox controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Yes they are excellent.

They've inspired Nintendo and Sony to make controllers based on them. Proof is clear and blatantly obvious.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#46 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Bumpers could be better, but it's great. I'm still a fan of swapping X1 sticks into the DS4 as my go-to and the Wii U Pro is by far the most reliable in terms of battery. Each has room to improve.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't care what anyone says I prefer the DS4 controller it just fits perfectly in my hands and they've improved the triggers too but thats not to say the xbox controller is bad far from I like that too but I prefer the Sony controller a little bit more.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Until the Switch comes out I would say the XBone controller is the best I have.

But nothing beats being able to use your hands separately like you could with the Wiimote/Nunchuck. It looks like the Switch may let me do that. Also pointer controls beat dual analog for FPS games any day.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

XBOX One for me. While I like the Bumpers way better on a DS4 and the face buttons a bit better on PS4, the overall feel is better, the triggers are still miles ahead over Sonys and I love the AA batteries in it. Hate to connect it and play with a cable.

DS4 has poor durability. Me and my brother gone through 3 or 4 R2 triggers and multiple analog sticks in just 2 years.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Best has always been relative, but I prefer the layout of the thumbsticks on the Xbox design for its controllers.

At least the PS4 controller is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS3's DS3.