Xbox gold games august proves playing on xbox is still the best.

• 143 results
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

The games with gold feature from xbox just keeps on giving. This year we already got some great games for free, like Ac Syndicate, Metal gear solid V and Superhot.

Let's also not forget that backwards compatiblity gives us the x360 games as well, notable games we already got this year are Splinter cell conviction, Vanquish and Dead space 2.

This August proves to be very interesting with Forza horizon 2 and For honor for the xboxone. The xbox 360 games are Dead space 3 and Epic mickey 2.

That's not a bad month at all, but I'm sure ps4 owners love waiting for that next movie game.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-free-games-with-gold-for-august-2018

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@commander: "but I'm sure ps4 owners love waiting for that next movie game."

Lemmings can't do a X1 praising thread without some butthurtness over the PS4 LMAO

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@recloud: And you can't go in any thread without bashing the X1

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

@recloud: And you can't go in any thread without bashing the X1

Thumbs up.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ReCloud

@MonsieurX: I didn't bash X1 in this thread, so false.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Lol...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@recloud said:

Lemmings can't do a X1 praising thread without some butthurtness over the PS4 LMAO

Shit is hilarious. PS4’s success has really destroyed their morale and mental well-being. ? When you have to rely on old games and budget games from Gold you know you’ve really got nothing left. While cows are finishing up GOW and Detroit while waiting for Spiderman to roll out in a month lems are waiting for old 360 games lol

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

Other than MGSV which ps+ users received last year, its a really good offerings.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

The only thing it proves is people are running out of stuff to talk about and the console war is a meaningless headache

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

Excellent selection of games for August. I already have Forza Horizon 2 and Dead 3 on disc but I may as well grab the digital versions as well. For Honour isn’t really something I’d buy but as a freebie I’ll certainly give it a try.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Lolxbone. Op is a joke

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Who doesn't already have all those games except maybe the Mickey one?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Lol... You meant to say that playing on the sad Xbone is the worst, right.

I feel so sorry for Xboners. No games to play apart from old 360 titles. How sad is that?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Bunch of old games to play is why the most powerful console which currently does not have a game better looking than: god of war, horizon or uncharted 4.

Excited for old ass fuking games. Enough to make a thread about it. Lemmings are bottom feeders

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

LOL. The Sony fannies obsession with the Xbox continues as they play....um talk... watch. What do you guys even do with the PS4?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@Pedro said:

LOL. The Sony fannies obsession with the Xbox continues as they play....um talk... watch. What do you guys even do with the PS4?

You sound upset Pedro.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By commander

@Archangel3371 said:

Excellent selection of games for August. I already have Forza Horizon 2 and Dead 3 on disc but I may as well grab the digital versions as well. For Honour isn’t really something I’d buy but as a freebie I’ll certainly give it a try.

The good thing with for honor is that pretty much everyone will have it now, I thought for honor was a pretty good game to play with friends, the beta pretty much proved that.

But not everyone is willing to pay launch price for a fighting game, so they wait and it never happens till there is a big sale and even then people are reluctant because they are busy with something else.

That won't be the case now, everyone will have it, and people that missed out on the deal may even get it because a lot of people will be playing it.

You could say the same about a racing game like forza horizon, not everyone is a racing fan, but when they start playing they play races with friends and hoard cars.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By commander

@quadknight said:

Shit is hilarious. PS4’s success has really destroyed their morale and mental well-being. ? When you have to rely on old games and budget games from Gold you know you’ve really got nothing left. While cows are finishing up GOW and Detroit while waiting for Spiderman to roll out in a month lems are waiting for old 360 games lol

finish up gow? that game can be finished in a day lol, if you don't fall asleep during the cutscenes.

For honor and forza horizon are budget games now? This isn't the playstation platform where you are drowned in indie crap

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@quadknight: Oh come on Quack.... nobody really bought Detroit. I mean, a lot of people watched it on YouTube, but even I would never actually claim that Cows would buy a game as boring as Detroit.

It musta been tough for you recently....first there was the Sony e3 debacle, then your erroneous sales prediction for GOW, followed by the fact that both SOT and SOD2 outsold GOW last month in the UK. Ooh, that bought a tear to your eye. Add to that GT Sport going back on their word about microtransactions, more psn downtime and the positive MS financial results for Xbox, and id say you're happy to see the back of July....

Never mind, maybe you could play GOW just one more time.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Mentions movie games, and then looked at the first paragraph, lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By QuadKnight

@commander said:
@quadknight said:

finish up gow? that game can be finished in a day lol, if you don't fall asleep during the cutscenes.

For honor and forza horizon are budget games now? This isn't the playstation platform where you are drowned in indie crap

? Ironic coming from a lem considering the last worthwhile game on your system was an indie game (Cuphead). If it wasn't for Cuphead last year the Xbone wouldn't have had any decent game for the past two years since it's entire 2017 lineup got delayed to 2018, and ended up flopping.

Forza Horizon 2 is a 4 year old game going for $24.99 at Walmart brand new and $16.70 used and For Honor is a mediocre multiplat that can be picked up for less than $20 and less than $12 used. A bunch of bargain bin games that anyone interested in would have bought a long time ago or even gotten bundled for free with MS' Flopbone fire sales.

PS Plus got MGSV in October of 2017, you're a year late to the party lol, in March we got Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank, and in June PS Plus received COD: BLOPS 3 for free. When you have to start resorting to bragging about old games that came out years ago, and your current year lineup is a wasteland of flops and mediocrity like Sea of Turds you know it's time to throw in the towel. Keep grasping for those straws with dirty old games you salty ass lem, I'll keep looking forward to the quality GOTY caliber blockbuster games Sony keeps releasing back to back...

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 954 Posts

@commander: how do you figure GoW can be finished in a day? A person can easily invest 30 to 40 hours onto it and not have it 100%

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QuadKnight

@Black96Z said:

@commander: how do you figure GoW can be finished in a day? A person can easily invest 30 to 40 hours onto it and not have it 100%

He's an idiot. You can tell he has no knowledge of the game or how challenging it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Black96Z said:

He's an idiot. You can tell he has no knowledge of the game or how challenging it is.

Estimates are at 19hrs so I guess the idiot is you quack, as he said finish the game, he didn't say completing it to 100%

check yourself before you rekt yourself LMFAO.

Mastodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mastodon
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

I love playing games on Xbox too.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@Black96Z said:

Estimates are at 19hrs so I guess the idiot is you quack, as he said finish the game, he didn't say completing it to 100%

Tells me to check myself and posts something idiotic like this without even reading his own link...

According your own link it takes an leverage of 50hrs to 100% beat the game. What were you saying again you self-owning idiot?

How exactly did your dumb clown ass prove me wrong?

@quadknight said:
@Black96Z said:

^ ^ If you read the post I quoted you'd see we were both clearly talking about 100% the game. You keep proving that lems have poor reading comprehension skills with your idiotic posts

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Wow OP....you really baited those Lows (What I call Cows who think about Xbox 24/7) without even trying..... And you even got the .GIF's and everything too.......Good job Lmao :D

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts
@commander said:

That's not a bad month at all, but I'm sure ps4 owners love waiting for that next movie game.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-free-games-with-gold-for-august-2018

Yeah, man. Sucks waiting on new exclusives. I wish PS4 had to lean on last gen to get by. Why would you buy a current gen system to play new games on it? CRAZY TALK!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#29 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Extremely successful baiting. 10/10

This month is good, at least for me. Last couple were kinda weak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@Black96Z said:

Tells me to check myself and posts something idiotic like this without even reading his own link...

According your own link it takes an leverage of 50hrs to 100% beat the game. What were you saying again you self-owning idiot?

How exactly did your dumb clown ass prove me wrong?

@quadknight said:
@Black96Z said:

^ ^ If you read the post I quoted you'd see we were both clearly talking about 100% the game. You keep proving that lems have poor reading comprehension skills with your idiotic posts

@commander said:
@quadknight said:

See the bold part? nowhere did commander say to 100% it, and that black96z fella asked commander how do you 100% it in a day, he misinterpreted what was written as did you, and you jumped on the quote chain with he's an idiot remark without even reading shit.

Beating the campaign is finishing the game, and the link I provided said it takes 19hrs to beat the campaign, how did you not follow any of that? oh that's right your name is quacknitwit that's why lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: ? You freaking moron! Read my reply to him after he made that statement. Did I ever refute what he said about the length of time it takes to beat the game?

You illiterate buffoon, you continue to embarrass yourself in this thread with your poor reading comprehension skills.

This was my reply to him after he mentions GOW....

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

? Ironic coming from a lem considering the last worthwhile game on your system was an indie game (Cuphead). If it wasn't for Cuphead last year the Xbone wouldn't have had any decent game for the past two years since it's entire 2017 lineup got delayed to 2018, and ended up flopping.

Forza Horizon 2 is a 4 year old game going for $24.99 at Walmart brand new and $16.70 used and For Honor is a mediocre multiplat that can be picked up for less than $20 and less than $12 used. A bunch of bargain bin games that anyone interested in would have bought a long time ago or even gotten bundled for free with MS' Flopbone fire sales.

PS Plus got MGSV in October of 2017, you're a year late to the party lol, in March we got Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank, and in June PS Plus received COD: BLOPS 3 for free. When you have to start resorting to bragging about old games that came out years ago, and your current year lineup is a wasteland of flops and mediocrity like Sea of Turds you know it's time to throw in the towel. Keep grasping for those straws with dirty old games you salty ass lem, I'll keep looking forward to the quality GOTY caliber blockbuster games Sony keeps releasing back to back...

Nowhere in this quote do I even mention God of War or its length. What a selfowning idiot lol.

? Admit you can't read properly and be done with it, you've totally clowned yourself in this thread twice now.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

@i_p_daily: But isn't the Xbox fans point that Sony games are too short and have no replay value? Well it certainly has replay value as those numbers show. In fact if you compare it to Forza Horizon 3 it actually is a longer game in main story since FH3 lasts 17 hours. So FH3 can also be beaten in less than a day.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=38052

Or are Xbox fans going to change their narrative once again?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QuadKnight
@zappat said:

@i_p_daily: But isn't the Xbox fans point that Sony games are too short and have no replay value? Well it certainly has replay value as those numbers show. In fact if you compare it to Forza Horizon 3 it actually is a longer game in main story since FH3 lasts 17 hours. So FH3 can also be beaten in less than a day.

Waiting for the idiot to reply with his usual moronic damage control post.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zappat
@quadknight said:
@zappat said:

Forza Horizon 2 https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=19852 -- 19 1/2 hours

For Honor https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=36385 -- 7 hours

Dead Space 3 https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2337 -- 13 hours

Epic Mickey 2 https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3138 -- 9 1/2 hours

So literally ALL games mentioned by OP coming to GWL this month can be finished in less than a day (in fact you could finish two of them together in less than a day) AND only one actually takes half an hour more than GOW. OP's argument is dead.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Thank you based MS/Xbox, for the gamers.... Jazz. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight: You're beyond help.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

How does paying to rent a bunch of old games equate to being the best?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zappat said:

A new cow alt appears, how original, NOT.

Tell me where did I say what time FH3's campaign takes to finish and can't be beaten in a day??? oh that's right I didn't.

None of what you said negates the fact that GOW can be beaten in a day, go tell your new friend quacknitwit.

Cows are the ones who change the narrative, go look at the GT Sport thread LOL.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By QuadKnight
@zappat said:
@quadknight said:
@zappat said:

Forza Horizon 2 https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=19852 -- 19 1/2 hours

For Honor https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=36385 -- 7 hours

Dead Space 3 https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2337 -- 13 hours

Epic Mickey 2 https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3138 -- 9 1/2 hours

So literally ALL games mentioned by OP coming to GWL this month can be finished in less than a day (in fact you could finish two of them together in less than a day) AND only one actually takes half an hour more than GOW. OP's argument is dead.

? OP and lems = Destroyed by their own moronic arguments.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

How does paying to rent a bunch of old games equate to being the best?

Xbox gamers have to justify paying online, so they'll include old games as well.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zappat
@i_p_daily said:
@zappat said:

A new cow alt appears, how original, NOT.

Tell me where did I say what time FH3's campaign takes to finish and can't be beaten in a day??? oh that's right I didn't.

None of what you said negates the fact that GOW can be beaten in a day, go tell your new friend quacknitwit.

Cows are the ones who change the narrative, go look at the GT Sport thread LOL.

Maybe you didn't say it here but it is a constant narrative from Xbox fans to make fun on Sony games and pretend they don't have replay value while they claim MS games have lots. A thing which is proven false by that website. All fanboys change narratives but this thread is made by a Xbox fan and his narrative here is hypocritical when he considers a bad thing that GOW can be beaten in less than a day and pretends to ignore that that is also true for most MS games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Mission accomplished, TC, you got all the usual suspects of the anti-MS/Xbox cabal triggered.,...

lol Good stuff. :P

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2138 Posts

OP got destroyed by a noob. Ha, what a loser.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44554 Posts

Good game offerings, too bad for me as I already own most of those though.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

And a new Sony alt is born as quad loses another argument.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

You talk like every lems has Gold.

Oh wait, they do, since the console is useless without it.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

ROFLMAO at all the triggered fanboys in this thread. PS4 is kicking ass, but cows can't even win with grace and get triggered over the dumbest shit.

And to the person that said that Detroit was a bad game is full of it. The game was really kind of enjoyable for one play through. I rented it from Redbox just like I do with all my movies. :P Haha! Just kidding, Detroit was a really good game and I would give it a solid 9.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Wait, so this is about playing 360 games?

I was bored of 360 offerings when I had an actual 360 available with the entire selection...

Is that really all lems? wow no wonder PSN is the superior profit gaining network this gen.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ReCloud

@Pedro: "The Sony fannies obsession with the Xbox continues as they play....um talk... watch. What do you guys even do with the PS4?"

Sure, but this is an Xbox praising thread bashing the PS4, guess who is really obsessed.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#50 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@quadknight said:
@recloud said:

LMAO!!!!!

Great pic dude, where'd you find it?