Xbox games will release on Steam

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for Ant_17
#1 Edited by Ant_17 (12562 posts) -

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/18645250/microsoft-xbox-game-studios-publishing-valve-steam-32-bit-windows

Microsoft says it’s committed to supporting competing PC game stores and it’s announcing today that it will distribute more Xbox Game Studios titles through Valve’s Steam marketplace. Typically, Microsoft has distributed its games through only Xbox Live on its game console platform and through its own Windows storefront on PC. Now, Microsoft says it wants to better support player choice and let customers buy games in more than one destination on PC.

Microsoft is now a 3rd party publisher with a console.

UWP?

Avatar image for Pedro
#2 Edited by Pedro (34962 posts) -

"Microsoft is now a 3rd party publisher with a console."

Now? I will argue that they have always been. A shitty one because of Xbox exclusives but that has been fixed.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#3 Posted by Mandzilla (4111 posts) -

So Xbox games are going to Steam and Playstation games are going to Epic pretty much?

Avatar image for son-goku7523
#4 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

So Xbox games are going to Steam and Playstation games are going to Epic pretty much?

lol wut?

Avatar image for mandzilla
#5 Posted by Mandzilla (4111 posts) -

@son-goku7523: Like Detroit: Become Human, Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain I mean.

Avatar image for warmblur
#6 Posted by warmblur (2541 posts) -

I never played a GOW game but if there is Windows7 support I might give it a look.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#7 Posted by Ant_17 (12562 posts) -

@Pedro: Well, you could have argued the UWP was something, but now they are prety much 3rd party.

At this point not putting their games on PS and Nintendo seems like a butthurt thing on their side.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
#8 Posted by Random_Matt (4252 posts) -

Might as well close the windows store.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#9 Posted by the_master_race (4620 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@son-goku7523: Like Detroit: Become Human, Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain I mean.

The first party titles won't ever come to Epic but you can play them on PS Now

Avatar image for Pedro
#10 Posted by Pedro (34962 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

@Pedro: Well, you could have argued the UWP was something, but now they are prety much 3rd party.

At this point not putting their games on PS and Nintendo seems like a butthurt thing on their side.

Minecraft is already on both systems. :|

Avatar image for Ant_17
#11 Edited by Ant_17 (12562 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@Ant_17 said:

@Pedro: Well, you could have argued the UWP was something, but now they are prety much 3rd party.

At this point not putting their games on PS and Nintendo seems like a butthurt thing on their side.

Minecraft is already on both systems. :|

I mean the rest that aren't.

Avatar image for davillain-
#12 Posted by DaVillain- (36951 posts) -

Does that mean, I'll be able to play Rare Replay on PC? Cool.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#13 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4762 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:

Might as well close the windows store.

And nothing of value would be lost.

Avatar image for Pedro
#14 Posted by Pedro (34962 posts) -

@Ant_17: So, you think a corporation like MS not porting their other games to Nintendo and PS is because they are butthurt?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#15 Posted by lundy86_4 (53386 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:

Might as well close the windows store.

The Windows Store wouldn't be bad... If it worked even a little. Such a mess.

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
#16 Posted by sleepnsurf (3197 posts) -
@Pedro said:

@Ant_17: So, you think a corporation like MS not porting their other games to Nintendo and PS is because they are butthurt?

The crap that Ant_17 says is beyond me. Best to ignore and let him yell at mum for hot pockets and pepsi.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#17 Posted by xantufrog (11521 posts) -

@lundy86_4: it really is

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31215 posts) -

Forza on steam is a dream come true <3

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#19 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31215 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Does that mean, I'll be able to play Rare Replay on PC? Cool.

Nah, it'll probably remain as the last true Xbox 360 exclusive

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#20 Posted by lundy86_4 (53386 posts) -

@xantufrog: My biggest gripe is when downloads just stop working, and resuming them won't work, forcing you to start again. Uggghh.

Avatar image for Pedro
#21 Posted by Pedro (34962 posts) -

@lundy86_4: I had issues when the system was released but I have yet to encounter any of these problems with the Windows Store since then.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#22 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4762 posts) -

Damn, they really are third party. I still don't understand why they're still bothering with consoles.

We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Editions. We know millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great source to buy PC games and we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice. We also know that there are other stores on PC, and we are working to enable more choice in which store you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles in the future.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/

Avatar image for Ant_17
#23 Posted by Ant_17 (12562 posts) -

@sleepnsurf said:
@Pedro said:

@Ant_17: So, you think a corporation like MS not porting their other games to Nintendo and PS is because they are butthurt?

The crap that Ant_17 says is beyond me. Best to ignore and let him yell at mum for hot pockets and pepsi.

Didn't think Pedro would forget what bait is.

And who the hell are you?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#24 Posted by lundy86_4 (53386 posts) -

@Pedro: It's definitely not consistent. I think the last time I had an issue was Forza Horizon 4, which I downloaded (and forgot to play,) a couple weeks ago. CD3 had no issues downloading, and before that was Gears 4, which I downloaded again a while ago.

Avatar image for Pedro
#25 Posted by Pedro (34962 posts) -

@Ant_17: My bad for thinking you were trying to be rational. It will not happen again. :)

Avatar image for Ant_17
#26 Posted by Ant_17 (12562 posts) -

@Pedro said:

@Ant_17: My bad for thinking you were trying to be rational. It will not happen again. :)

Yeah, maybe don't take serious something that has butthurt in it. Just a tip.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#27 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

Obvious step, since the PC versions are far superior to the originals...

Avatar image for navyguy21
#28 Posted by navyguy21 (15248 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Damn, they really are third party. I still don't understand why they're still bothering with consoles.

Because gaming is evolving and doesnt work like Gen 5 and 6.

MS and Nintendo having been slowly moving to other platforms for years..........is Nintendo also 3rd Party? (they have been publishing mobile games)

Silly argument.

MS still makes consoles because not every game WANTS to game on PC or can afford to.

Also, publishing on PC is not inherently a bad thing, especially for developers.

The industry is about more than hardware sold, especially with the world moving to digital downloads and streaming.

The "box" becomes less relevant, which is why Sony is also investing in streaming.

You can bet that the Sony games on Epic store is a market test for future titles.

Thats how the industry works, only fanboys on a forum (not calling you a fanboy) keep denying this.

Its not a competitive platform.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#29 Posted by Ant_17 (12562 posts) -

@navyguy21: Sony has nothing to do with that.

Quantic left Sony in January.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#30 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4762 posts) -
@navyguy21 said:

Because gaming is evolving and doesnt work like Gen 5 and 6.

MS and Nintendo having been slowly moving to other platforms for years..........is Nintendo also 3rd Party? (they have been publishing mobile games)

Silly argument.

MS still makes consoles because not every game WANTS to game on PC or can afford to.

Also, publishing on PC is not inherently a bad thing, especially for developers.

The industry is about more than hardware sold, especially with the world moving to digital downloads and streaming.

The "box" becomes less relevant, which is why Sony is also investing in streaming.

You can bet that the Sony games on Epic store is a market test for future titles.

Thats how the industry works, only fanboys on a forum (not calling you a fanboy) keep denying this.

Its not a competitive platform.

I'm just saying, so much money could be saved on developing super expensive hardware if they want to expand. I'm sure if Sony struggled to sell hardware in the capacity Xbox did this gen, with constant price drops and what not, It would be an option to weigh.

Windows Central is even reporting that the Scarlett consoles aren't going to see any "exclusive" content for a while. They're practically another round of upgrades at this point.

Avatar image for daniel_su123
#31 Posted by Daniel_Su123 (1069 posts) -

@Ant_17: I don't know why you are surprised. Sony is going this exact route. As Sony said Console Gaming is a stagnating niche that isn't growing in overall market share compared to other form factors.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#32 Edited by PC_Rocks (2502 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

@navyguy21: Sony has nothing to do with that.

Quantic left Sony in January.

Sony owns the IPs, not QD.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#33 Posted by Ant_17 (12562 posts) -

@pc_rocks: Yeah that does make it weird.

Helldivers is on Steam and that is a Sony IP.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#34 Posted by Archangel3371 (28161 posts) -

Well that’s cool for those who want it I guess. Personally though I have no interest in PC gaming and this does nothing to change that for me. I’ll keep getting their games on their consoles.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
#35 Posted by Random_Matt (4252 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@navyguy21 said:

Because gaming is evolving and doesnt work like Gen 5 and 6.

MS and Nintendo having been slowly moving to other platforms for years..........is Nintendo also 3rd Party? (they have been publishing mobile games)

Silly argument.

MS still makes consoles because not every game WANTS to game on PC or can afford to.

Also, publishing on PC is not inherently a bad thing, especially for developers.

The industry is about more than hardware sold, especially with the world moving to digital downloads and streaming.

The "box" becomes less relevant, which is why Sony is also investing in streaming.

You can bet that the Sony games on Epic store is a market test for future titles.

Thats how the industry works, only fanboys on a forum (not calling you a fanboy) keep denying this.

Its not a competitive platform.

I'm just saying, so much money could be saved on developing super expensive hardware if they want to expand. I'm sure if Sony struggled to sell hardware in the capacity Xbox did this gen, with constant price drops and what not, It would be an option to weigh.

Windows Central is even reporting that the Scarlett consoles aren't going to see any "exclusive" content for a while. They're practically another round of upgrades at this point.

One streaming box and a digital only option, all being pushed for game pass.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#36 Posted by NoodleFighter (10348 posts) -

Sweet I want to get Gears 5 but Microsoft Store quality is barely above the Epic Store so I planned on getting it once it was at least $30 cheap. I had no problem using it for Gears 4 because I got the game for dirt cheap. Now I'm more willing to pay launch price.I wonder if crossplay will be allowed for the Steam versions of games. I hope Gears Of War Ultimate edition gets brought to Steam soon or shows up on Game Pass for Windows already.

Avatar image for Pedro
#37 Posted by Pedro (34962 posts) -

@navyguy21: You are wasting your text on a Rabid.

Avatar image for mazuiface
#38 Posted by mazuiface (898 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

@pc_rocks: Yeah that does make it weird.

Helldivers is on Steam and that is a Sony IP.

Sony has already published some games to Steam. Moves like this mean that MS and Sony are starting to think ahead

Avatar image for son-goku7523
#39 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

@mandzilla: Those games aren’t 1st party Sony games owned by Sony, those are Quantic Dream’s games. You will probably never see a Sony 1st party game on Epic’s Store. You’re more likely to see a Sony IP on Steam.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#40 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2213 posts) -

Itss ok Bloodborne is on pc too

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#41 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18992 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Well that’s cool for those who want it I guess. Personally though I have no interest in PC gaming and this does nothing to change that for me. I’ll keep getting their games on their consoles.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#42 Edited by KBFloYd (21859 posts) -

pretty cool. i never had a huge issue with windows store though. will be nice to get those 15$ codes on G2A to buy the games cheap on steam though.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#43 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

Sony and MS should go full out release on PC day 1. We'll, I'd like to see the aftermath to that.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#44 Posted by PC_Rocks (2502 posts) -

@rzxv04 said:

Sony and MS should go full out release on PC day 1. We'll, I'd like to see the aftermath to that.

MS started doing that a while back but as for cows, either they will commit suicides or launch suicide attacks against Sony it self.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#45 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31215 posts) -

@NoodleFighter: Gears 4 looks and performs great on PC. But Gears remastered has some serious issues on PC, at times it works great. Other times the fps drops and the performance is really bad.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#46 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:

Sony and MS should go full out release on PC day 1. We'll, I'd like to see the aftermath to that.

MS started doing that a while back but as for cows, either they will commit suicides or launch suicide attacks against Sony it self.

lol. I prefer Sony but I'd rather have more people access their games too, not just through cloud gaming. I guess it's only a matter of time though.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#47 Posted by NoodleFighter (10348 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: I'm aware of the bad performance issues of Gears Ultimate Edition hence why I want it to go on sale or appear on gamepass for Windows already. No luck on that so far and it seems like it will be at least till near the end of the year for it to appear on gamepass. Not being a PlayAnyWhere title certainly doesn't help. Gears 4 being PlayAnyWhere helped it be a lot easier to get it on sale.

Avatar image for calvincfb
#48 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

MS will publish games for the PS, I think. Microsoft clearly aims to go back being a software company.

I don't see that as a problem, they have the Surface, yet their software run on Macbooks.

I believe this is really in line with the company philosophy.

Do you know who will be mad at this? Lemmings, specially I_P_Daily.

Avatar image for calvincfb
#49 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:
@Pedro said:
@Ant_17 said:

@Pedro: Well, you could have argued the UWP was something, but now they are prety much 3rd party.

At this point not putting their games on PS and Nintendo seems like a butthurt thing on their side.

Minecraft is already on both systems. :|

I mean the rest that aren't.

For now. It's pretty clear where they're going with this.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#50 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10018 posts) -

Halo infinite on steam.

microsoft now becoming more PC friendly. since they also acknowledge PC gaming.