Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/

We believe the player should be at the center of their gaming experience and be able to harness the unique benefits of the devices they choose to play on.

Nowhere is that belief more important than on the PC. As the creators of Windows, we have a unique responsibility to ensure we’re investing in experiences that benefit players everywhere, while respecting the PC community’s preference for an open, highly customizable platform.

We’ve not always lived up to our aspiration of keeping gamers at the center of everything we do when it comes to the experience they’ve had on Windows.

Today I’d like to share three steps we are taking to contribute to the thriving PC gaming ecosystem:

Introducing Xbox Game Pass Designed for PC Players

Two years ago, we launched Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One, and since then we’ve seen how valuable a curated library of high-quality games can be for players and game developers alike. It offers a great way to discover and play your next favorite game. We researched whether a similar opportunity exists for PC players and PC game developers, and we believe that it does. We also considered the importance of bringing something new and additive to the PC gaming ecosystem, and we believe that we can. So, we designed a service specifically for the needs of PC gamers and PC game developers. It’s called Xbox Game Pass, just like the original, but it’s a new experience that we are building together with the PC community.

Xbox Game Pass for PC will give players unlimited access to a curated library of over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10, from well-known PC game developers and publishers such as Bethesda, Deep Silver, Devolver Digital, Paradox Interactive, SEGA, and more. And just as we committed on the console, it is our intent to include new games from Xbox Game Studios in Xbox Game Pass for PC the same day as their global release, including titles from newly acquired studios like Obsidian and inXile. We’re working with over 75 developers and publishers to bring PC content to the service and we’ll ensure the library remains curated and full of great PC titles across a variety of genres, with new games added every month.

Xbox Game Pass for PC members will also receive discounts in the Microsoft Store on Windows of up to 20% on games currently in the library and up to 10% off related game DLC and add-ons.

We look forward to sharing more at E3, including the great games coming to the library, as well as more details on when and how you’ll experience the new Xbox Game Pass service for PC gamers.

More Choice in Where to Buy Xbox Game Studios Titles

Enabling gamers to play together, through cross-platform play and cross-network play across Windows 10 PCs and console, is vitally important. Building communities across all of those players, regardless of the store or platform they’ve chosen (console or PC), is also vitally important because it helps bring players together, allows games to find their largest audience and allows gaming to deliver its true potential of uniting people around the power of play.

With that in mind, our intent is to make our Xbox Game Studios PC games available in multiple stores, including our own Microsoft Store on Windows, at their launch. We believe you should have choice in where you buy your PC games.

In March, we announced that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will come to PC later this year, launching on Steam in addition to the Microsoft Store on Windows. We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Editions. We know millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great source to buy PC games and we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice. We also know that there are other stores on PC, and we are working to enable more choice in which store you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles in the future.

We want to bring players together to create a shared player community regardless of where they play, so it’s our intent that new Xbox Game Studios titles include features such as voice and text chat, LFG, friends lists and cross-play across PC and console. On Windows 10 you’ll find this functionality in the Xbox Game Bar, which we’ll continue to evolve and expand.

Supporting Win32 Games on Windows 10

We want creators to be inspired to bring their best content to Windows 10, and we want Windows 10 to be the place where gamers come to discover their next favorite PC game. We recognize that Win32 is the app format that game developers love to use and gamers love to play, so we are excited to share that we will be enabling full support for native Win32 games to the Microsoft Store on Windows. This will unlock more options for developers and gamers alike, allowing for the customization and control they’ve come to expect from the open Windows gaming ecosystem.

When I think about the role we play as a company to support and evolve gaming on Windows, it’s critical that we make decisions that reinforce the open nature of the PC, focusing on how best to unite players on all devices around the games they love. That philosophy will guide us as we introduce new ways to discover and play games on Windows.

These are just a few of our steps in a journey to contribute to gaming on Windows 10. We know that PC gamers want to see games, so I hope you’ll join us at our annual Xbox E3 2019 Briefing on Sunday, June 9 to hear more, including the amazing lineup of new games and offers coming to PC players.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

They predicated this prior to this announcement.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56016 Posts

Bye bye Xbox One.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro

@davillain-: ?

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

Sony is looking more and more like a piece of shit everyday next to Microsoft.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

I didn't read all of that... I just want to know if they're gonna charge for Live. If not, LOL to Xbox console owners.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

That's a very nice lineup of publishers they got so far. I look forward to hearing more details this E3.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

Microsoft advancing gaming as a whole.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

Precisely that. LOL

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

this is a a good strategy by microsoft.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I didn't read all of that... I just want to know if they're gonna charge for Live. If not, LOL to Xbox console owners.

They already don't charge for live on PC and haven't in years. :|

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

They already don't charge for live on PC and haven't in years. :|

I know they don't now. I'm just wondering if plans will change with a full roll out.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

Sweet, this is good news I can finally play a new Halo and Gears. It makes perfect sense if you're Microsoft, you have a console as well as a massively used OS, why not support both as well as other PC services and connect the entire ecosystem together? I was never going to buy an XB1 this gen, but I was sadly missing out on some of my favorite games. Who knows, maybe next gen they design a system without kinect and a power brick and a control without a battery pack, I'd most definitely buy it.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

MS..FOR THE PLAYERS!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

And UWP died with it.

Wait, did they just said they are also bringing their studio games to Steam? I always knew Nadella is all about 'presence' rather than simply 'dominance' but this affirms it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I know they don't now. I'm just wondering if plans will change with a full roll out.

Why would it change? For someone who stalks Phil so much I would have expected you to know all of this. :)

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9526 Posts

Stupid

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Stupid

Please elaborate otherwise your post content is actually just a commentary on yourself.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why would it change? For someone who stalks Phil so much I would have expected you to know all of this. :)

Oh yeah, I talked to Phil the other day, he said you left your toothbrush at his house. ;) Also, I guess we'll see on the ninth.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Oh yeah, I talked to Phil the other day, he said you left your toothbrush at his house. ;) Also, I guess we'll see on the ninth.

Firstly, I don't brush my teeth so wrong person. ;)

Nothing will change on the 9th with regards to Live being free on PC. It may change on consoles though. ;)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

nice to have the option.

I probably won't go for it myself because i'm an idiot that likes to buy AAA games for full price, play them for a few hours and then get bored and go back to playing random indie MP games.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Win for PC and loss for Xbox. Seriously, can MS just scrap the box now and get people onto rigs, it serves no purpose.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#23  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17790 Posts

They said they were going to do this a while back and you can already play the Play Anywhere titles on PC through Game Pass.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Great on Microsoft. I find it funny it didn't take long for cows to come in this thread and have a meltdown over the news ROFLMAO!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-642321fb121ca

Swear the majority of game pass are old gen stuff, tried it a few months ago and was pretty crap to be honest. How many pc gamers have used play anywhere?

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#26 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I really feel like this past gen will be the last "True" gen of consoles when it comes to exclusives, I feel like both Xbox AND Playstation will have some sort of service with ALL their games available on other hardware; such as PC, TV's, Phones, tablets, etc

No more console wars soon

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Good to have more options available to more people. For me though I’ll just stick to buying the games that I want on physical formats and for their consoles. I’m not interested in PC gaming and not really interested in getting Game Pass.

IronBrigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IronBrigador
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

Seems like people didnt notice the SHADE MS is throwing on Epic.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

cool, be interesting to see what games they bring

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#30 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2560 Posts

Sigh... The so called master race were annoying before but if this continues they would be unbearable.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts
@adsparky said:

Sigh... The so called master race were annoying before but if this continues they would be unbearable.

I dont get the master race thing, doesn't everyone have a gaming PC? Maybe I'm in a bubble

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

No thank you. Not paying for games as a service. But many people will love this, so it's good to see more tangible support for PC from MS's games products

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

The PC version of games pass is going to be half-ass though. GP on xboxone has over 250+ games to play where as GP on PC will have 100+ games

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

GamePass on PC, Xbox games coming to Steam?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@FinalFighters said:

The PC version of games pass is going to be half-ass though. GP on xboxone has over 250+ games to play where as GP on PC will have 100+ games

when they announced game pass for xbox the also billed it as 100+ games

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

how much a month is it?

wait.... will it be compatible with keyboard and mouse for all games? or will it be a forced xbox controller?

will there be graphics options?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@FinalFighters said:

when they announced game pass for xbox the also billed it as 100+ games

oh ok, didnt know that.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

no one will buy games on steam again

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44014 Posts

Thank you MS, truly for the gamers... Jazz. :P

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Swear the majority of game pass are old gen stuff, tried it a few months ago and was pretty crap to be honest. How many pc gamers have used play anywhere?

You'll probably find some newer stuff has dropped in since you last had a peek, like Void Bastards and Outer Wilds this week. It'll continue to improve over time I guess...

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts
@xantufrog said:

No thank you. Not paying for games as a service. But many people will love this, so it's good to see more tangible support for PC from MS's games products

Doesn't 'Games as a Service' refer to games like Anthem and Destiny? Typically unfinished games that are pitched as having a lot of future improvement and expect you to grind out things like cosmetics and generally just take up a lot of your time.

Anyway... I'm all for a Game Pass on all the platforms. I'm over the idea of paying $60 to own a game that I play for a few weeks and never touch again. Game Pass seems like a great idea. Pay monthly and you can download and play whatever you want. Sure you don't own it, but there will always be the option to buy games at the full price.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@pyro1245: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_as_a_service refers to getting games or content for subscription fees. Either way, doesn't really matter what its name is - you like the model, I don't. No biggie - like I said, I'm glad it's coming to PC for those who want this. FWIW, I'd be much more interested if I consumed games at a faster rate. But I refuse to pay for PSN, XBL, PSNow, GamePass, etc because 1) it takes me forever to finish a single game these days and I already have a backlog I'll never get through. 2) most of the games on these services DON'T interest me. I'd rather just buy the one item I actually want, than have a recurring debit for god knows what thrown at me. Plus, I'm not sure when the last time I spent anywhere near $60 for a game was. I pretty much never buy big AAA games at launch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-642321fb121ca
@poptart said:
@Random_Matt said:

You'll probably find some newer stuff has dropped in since you last had a peek, like Void Bastards and Outer Wilds this week. It'll continue to improve over time I guess...

Hmm, did not know the latest tomb raider dropped, as has vampyr. Guess I'll check it out every now and then.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@Random_Matt: Day one releases have been making it to Gamepass for quite sometime. The service has improved a lot.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@davillain- said:

Bye bye Xbox One.

Xbox One exist like Surface Pro for home living room desktops.

With desktop PC class Zen v2 CPUs, Xbox Lockhart and Anaconda are effectively Microsoft's Surface Pro for the living room.

• Major benefits for Xbox One is Microsoft managed box without the end-user maintaining it.
  • Xbox will continue to exist as long Intel Corp has CPU bias within game console price tag. Microsoft's disagreement against Intel's product stack and price. Microsoft wants an APU with GPU power bias within the game console price segments and Intel refuses to provide it.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321:

Why the blurry picture?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@poptart said:
@Random_Matt said:

Hmm, did not know the latest tomb raider dropped, as has vampyr. Guess I'll check it out every now and then.

Yeah that's what I do, They do get some great games they just added some multiplat indies on their release date too. It helps that GP is on sale every other week for a $1 for a month, they just had 3 months for a $1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Game Pass on PC means I don't buy the next Xbox. Cause right now, Xbox 360 games been at least 51% of the reason I love/play Xbox One. Yeah I hope its another great console, but do feel we getting to point that consoles are niche, but still worth making for those who want it, I rather MS invest in making Win10 store thee store on Windows.

Of course PS5 will be as niche, but if it has exclusives I'll have a reason for it. But if both put all their games on a cloud for PC, then chances are I'd just get the next Xbox, since they are doing all the things I want them to be doing.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Good job by MS on this.