Xbox Fans, Would You Welcome Newer Haptics, something or better than what the DualSense have?

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By rzxv04

Poll Xbox Fans, Would You Welcome Newer Haptics, something or better than what the DualSense have? (29 votes)

Absolutely, baby! 31%
Quite possibly. 34%
Probably not. 14%
**** NO! 21%

Xbox Fans, Would You Welcome Newer Haptics for Xbox consoles, something or better than what the DualSense have? Doesn't exactly have to be just exactly the same as DualSense newer gen vibration haptics or adaptive triggers.

MS Research have been studying it for many years I suppose but might eventually bleed onto Xbox.

• 
Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Nope. The Xbox controller is the best in the industry. It’s been that way since the introduction of the OG Xbox’s S redesign.

I do not like the dualshock. Literally hurts my left thumb due to its poor ergonomics.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 33163 Posts

Xbox fans are going through a hard time right now..best give them some space 🤣

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 59164 Posts

For VR, sure. I'm sure i'll notice a difference in a controller, but nothing for which i'm willing to jump out of my chair in excitement. I use my Xbox controller on PC, and not Xbox.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GoldenElementXL  Online
Member since 2016 • 6275 Posts

All the prelaunch hype from the press and influencers is surrounding the dual sense controller. Xbox better be cooking something up in the lab...

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1331 Posts

PS5 fans in full damage control, losing their minds. Can't even do native 4K got them pretty shook. They need a gimmick like haptic triggers to help them sleep better at night. Less power but ahhh, got them haptics.

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 186 Posts

Resistance in triggers causes latency. I am personally looking for next gen to reduce. Latency.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 54231 Posts

Feedback is great when done well. Astrobot seems to be a great example of this.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6244 Posts

Of course....what's that saying?

Once you've had haptic you'll never go back!

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11779 Posts

@Sevenizz: I guess your right thumb hurts on FPS games then? Since it's the same spot as dual shocks.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#10  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 14112 Posts

Haptics/force feedback/rumble is cool, but it is not that important for my enjoyment of a game. I play my fair share of games on a controller, but it is not something that I feel I am missing out on when I am playing with my mouse and keyboard. This kind of stuff is more important with VR controllers, steering wheels, flight sticks, etc. where you are mimicking real life sense of touch and feel.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Nah, no need for gimmicky shit, leave that to Sony and its fanbase to drool over what is basically rumble lol.

MS just need to keep doing what they're doing in respect to controllers as they make the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

All the prelaunch hype from the press and influencers is surrounding the dual sense controller. Xbox better be cooking something up in the lab...

Such a casual, watches Youtubers and plays casual games like Fortnite, its not surprising you would get giddy over Sony's controller lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 51189 Posts

Dude looks like he bound two controllers with some anal beads.

On-topic: I welcome any investment into researching haptic feedback stuff. It's of no particular interest to me (not now, at least), but it's important to continue researching these things.

The "next big thing" is right around the corner, and sometimes it comes from something you least expect.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35896 Posts

I’m kind of satisfied with the way the Xbox controller is now to be honest. I’m sure I’ll find the haptic feedback in the PS5 controller cool for a bit but I have the feeling that I’ll also probably just not really caring all that much about it after awhile.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 10523 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Xbox fans are going through a hard time right now..best give them some space 🤣

With what? :-S

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 7620 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Hey, we know where our expanded memory is coming from, ps5 has nothing Sony certified. We get free upgrades to games like gears 5, ori and more, ps4 Spiderman owners can't get the upgrade for less than 70 bucks. We have a smaller, more powerful console that draws less power, runs cooler and is cheaper in most markets. Our X1 controllers work on xsx, ps4's doesn't work with ps5 games. Ms have just invested 7 billion to take the number of studios waaay past the number Sony has. Xsx has gamepass, ps5 has psnow. Xsx has Dolby Vision and Atmos, ps5 has neither....in fact the much hyped 3d audio isn't even ready for use as intended at launch. There's mixed results on crossplay and cross saves on ps5 and it also has 200gb less storage. Heck, even the packaging looks like it was done by some fly by night budget electronics company.....so no. I'm seeing way more hard times for cows right now.

Would I like improvements to the xsx controller? Of course....but not if it meant having all the other useless gimmicks and pitiful battery life that Sony controllers have right now.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts

I really like those rumble triggers Xbox has, wish more games would have utilized them, Sony seems to have taken everything a bit further, can't wait to try Dual Sense myself.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14177 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: it’s called projection. Ignore the cows. It’s gonna be bad until the mid-gen upgrades.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Gamers and critics alike have spoken and agree that the DualSense is the most innovative and best controller ever made.

The XSX controller is a lazy copy/paste job.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 5999 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

We know they're most likely making a Series X version of the Elite controller, which will probably have the LRA haptic motors in it.

And you know that thing is going to be the best controller most people have probably ever used, just like the current Elite controllers.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GoldenElementXL  Online
Member since 2016 • 6275 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Such a casual, watches Youtubers and plays casual games like Fortnite, its not surprising you would get giddy over Sony's controller lol.

I'm in tune with the industry and the hobby as a whole. You live in a bubble surrounded by all the niche things that you think are important. I play competitive games online vs other humans. You enjoy playing against AI in single player games because it makes you feel like a tough guy. Come join me in the competitive arena and lets see who's more "hardcore."

By definition, I'm the hardcore enthusiast and you're the casual gaming fan.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 54231 Posts

A reminder that hardcore has nothing to do with skill.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 4907 Posts

When both Sony and Nintendo having had controllers for years with motion controls, and now both systems with better rumble (Nintendo has had "HD rumble" haptic feedback for years, this does two things. First, it shows us that Nintendo has the most advanced controller and has for a long time, and that the Xbox controller, which is also the common denominator when developing controller support for PC, and any cross-platform title that'll be on more than one console, is holding back gaming.

And for Christ's sake, build in a rechargeable battery pack already.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 40136 Posts

I would be okay with this, but just as an evolution to traditional controllers. I don't care for the VR stuff right now.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@eoten said:

When both Sony and Nintendo having had controllers for years with motion controls, and now both systems with better rumble (Nintendo has had "HD rumble" haptic feedback for years, this does two things. First, it shows us that Nintendo has the most advanced controller and has for a long time, and that the Xbox controller, which is also the common denominator when developing controller support for PC, and any cross-platform title that'll be on more than one console, is holding back gaming.

And for Christ's sake, build in a rechargeable battery pack already.

I feel like I missed out a lot during the Wii generation. I never got to play a Wii motion game. It definitely won't be the same if I try now.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 14703 Posts

It would be cool to incorporate this tech into VR controllers and experiences

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I'd welcome anything new actually. I don't want the same ass controller as last gen thats lazy as hell.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 39081 Posts

Eeewww, no, keep the cheaply made gimmicks that will be breaking into pieces in record time, on the BS Jive, please. :P

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

No.

I don't want haptics, I don't want gimmicks, I don't want VR or Move or Kinect or a controller with flashy lights, speakers or a touchbar.

I want a solid gaming platform with solid backwards compatibility.

I want a nice clean interface (more like PS interface, it looks artsy and clean) and less advertising on the page.

Kinect isn't bad as a "side item." Just don't try to make it the main attraction, alot of people would like Kinect just to play dancing games, or fitness or other things and that's FINE.

Xbox right now is almost perfect. Gamepass is a solid service.

It just needs 2-3 more non-PC exclusives to make it worthwhile as its own platform, otherwise Xbox is already %90 there, it is %90 where the Playstation is in terms of building a loyal screaming fanbase.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

The ps5 haptics need to be stronger than what they are atm. They are too weak to be really immersive but they are still a nice feature to the controller.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 2746 Posts

I don't care. Options are good for those who want them. I wouldn't be buying a new controller for that. The XSX is excellent as it is.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 40136 Posts

It would make sense to do what PS5 is doing because (1) developers can stick to one programming standard for both versions, and (2) they both pay royalties to same company to license rumble technology so nothing changes there.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 33163 Posts

Xbox fans will welcome anything at this point 😉

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11696 Posts

I'm sure Microsoft will release a new controller with new features. Maybe the Elites Series 3.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5135 Posts

HD rumble/ rumble controller... what a gimmick

ps5 is strong on its own.... no need to inflate the pot with this

Archangel3371

Forum Posts