Xbox doesn't really have better multiplats than PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
[QUOTE="waltefmoney"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Gran Turismo - 96 Gran Turismo 2 - 93 Gran Turismo 3 - 95 Gran Turismo 4 - 89 Gran Turismo 5 - 84 Average = 91.4 Forza 1 - 92 Forza 2 - 90 Forza 3 - 92 Forza 4 - 91 Average = 91.25 Now, I would say they look pretty even to me. I think saying that ''Forza has been consistently demolishing GT in scores across the board'' is an overblown statement, when Metacritic has the average scores as pretty much exactly the same.........Forza slightly less in fact.

Obviously I'm talking about this gen. Lumping different gens together is not the best thing to do when comparing scores.

Sorry then, but I took your statement of.. ''consistently demolishing GT in scores across the board'' ...to mean what it said. My bad. And why is lumping together different gens when comparing a franchise not a good Idea? Is that because three of the four games from the 360 franchise cover one console? So what you actually mean then, is that the three games from forza this gen are better than the 1 game from Polyphony this gen? Would that be a fair deduction of what you are saying?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Hiding? Naw, look at my posting history, I've always said PC>PS3>Wii>360. I'm sorry you feel the need to once again question where my loyalty lies, but if it makes you feel better I still think the 360 sucks and that PS3 is better. waltefmoney

I was actually considered a lem at one point. ;) Heil68

Oh Heil.

I was :P I actually liked the 360, when it had games but then I bought a PS3 in 2008 and the magic happened and I discovered pure gaming bliss, all the while still favoring the PC. :)
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

And why is lumping together different gens when comparing a franchise not a good Idea? BibiMaghoo

Because different gens have different standards for the genre and standards are constantly increasing?

So what you actually mean then, is that the three games from forza this gen are better than the 1 game from Polyphony this gen?BibiMaghoo

Polyphony have released two games this gen - GT5: Prologue and GT5.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If it matters any, Eurogamer's pretty good at pointing out differences of a multiplatform game between platforms.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bulletstorm-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/batman-arkham-city-360-pc-face-off-video

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/bulletstorm-360-pc-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/bulletstorm-ps3-pc-face-off

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Heil68
Polyphony have released two games this gen - GT5: Prologue and GT5.waltefmoney
Didn't they release a PSP game too?
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]Polyphony have released two games this gen - GT5: Prologue and GT5.Heil68
Didn't they release a PSP game too?

Oh yeah, that too. Thank you Heil68. This isn't the first time you've had my back. :P

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
even if a multiplat is only 'marginally better' it is still better, whichever way you slice it,bettter is better even if it's only slightly http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

There is hardly a different in multiplats (any one who isn't a fanboy knows this) and most of the time you can't even noitice. The whole "xbox has teh better multiplatz" is something that idiots who go to lens of truth and digital foundry believe. I can understand why they do though, someone has to make them feel less insucure about having a console with no more games coming out. And I can understand why sites like lens of truth and digital foundry do what they do, to make money off of idtiot fanboys. The more fanboys they get to watch ads on their site, the more money they recieve. I can't blame them, I would be doing the SAME exact thing in their postion.

What's funny though is that none of these people want to talk about exclusives. No they want to pretend that their is a VAST difference between multiplats because some site says so, but if you compare exclusives they don't want to admit it. No 360 exclusive comes close to PS3 exlcusives, nothing. Halo doesn't look anywhere near as good as Killzone, Gears is nothing special compared to Uncharted, and MGS4 STILL looks better than 360 exclusives, and that came out in 2008!

In multiplats the differences are minimal, but in exclusives there is a VAST difference. Some people don't want to admit it, sorry but it's the truth.

ShadowMoses900

lol, dude, you are getting obsessed with this. this is what for you? the 25th or so topic on the same subject?

and besides as i have already told you in most of those 25 threads multiplats are not better because of the way they look they are better because of xbl.

(at least all the ones that are multiplayer or co-op)

how does almost everyone here agree xbl is a better service even though you have to shell out money for it yet that advantage does not count for playing multiplats?

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]And why is lumping together different gens when comparing a franchise not a good Idea? waltefmoney

Because different gens have different standards for the genre and standards are constantly increasing?

So what you actually mean then, is that the three games from forza this gen are better than the 1 game from Polyphony this gen?BibiMaghoo

I think all gens share the same standard of games needing to be good. A game is either good or not, unless you define a good game based solely on its technical merits.......

Yes, you could well say they have released two games this gen, thats fair enough. I believe it is generally regarded as a demo though, more than a game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Heil68
[QUOTE="delta3074"]even if a multiplat is only 'marginally better' it is still better, whichever way you slice it,bettter is better even if it's only slightly http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/

So PC is the preferred platform then?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]In multiplats the differences are minimalBlbecekBobecek

How's Skyrim on PS3 compared to PC and 360? :]

Well the PC version is the only way to play Skyrim right (esp. thanks to modding community), PS3 version is barely playable and 360 version sucks only a little bit less than PS3 version.

No the PS3 version is extremely playable.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]So what you actually mean then, is that the three games from forza this gen are better than the 1 game from Polyphony this gen?BibiMaghoo

I think all gens share the same standard of games needing to be good. A game is either good or not, unless you define a good game based solely on its technical merits.......

Yes, you could well say they have released two games this gen, thats fair enough. I believe it is generally regarded as a demo though, more than a game.

O ye gods no. I have really old gaming magazines from the late 80s/early 90s, and they rave about games that are worse then your typical free flash game today. Times change, standards raise, in 10 years Forza 4 and GT5 will both be terribly outdated and hard to go back to.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 waltefmoney

BibiMaghoo

Technical merits are taken into account for when writing a review. Games don't get scored solely on them, but they do play a role. Obviously a game that released in 1998 won't reach the same metascore if it was released in the exact same state this gen(or even last gen, when Forza 1 was released).

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

There is hardly a different in multiplats (any one who isn't a fanboy knows this) and most of the time you can't even noitice. The whole "xbox has teh better multiplatz" is something that idiots who go to lens of truth and digital foundry believe. I can understand why they do though, someone has to make them feel less insucure about having a console with no more games coming out. And I can understand why sites like lens of truth and digital foundry do what they do, to make money off of idtiot fanboys. The more fanboys they get to watch ads on their site, the more money they recieve. I can't blame them, I would be doing the SAME exact thing in their postion.

What's funny though is that none of these people want to talk about exclusives. No they want to pretend that their is a VAST difference between multiplats because some site says so, but if you compare exclusives they don't want to admit it. No 360 exclusive comes close to PS3 exlcusives, nothing. Halo doesn't look anywhere near as good as Killzone, Gears is nothing special compared to Uncharted, and MGS4 STILL looks better than 360 exclusives, and that came out in 2008!

In multiplats the differences are minimal, but in exclusives there is a VAST difference. Some people don't want to admit it, sorry but it's the truth.

ShadowMoses900
Mate just go play your PS3. No one cares.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 delta3074
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Then you're lying it's a fact the 360 version has lots and lots of screen tearing.themajormayor
dont call me a liar charles, its not a fact, i have no screen tearing on skyrim on my TV. I use HDMI, maybe thats making a difference?

Yes I will cause it's not the first time either. Both digital foundry and lens of truth reported high amounts of screen tearing. You can see it in this video too I'm pretty sure they're using HDMI too...

you yourself said it was 8% screen tearing, that's less than 10% using logic i would say that was hardly a 'high amount' of screen tearing, you really talk rubbish mate and you contradict yourself all the time,lol
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 delta3074
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="delta3074"]even if a multiplat is only 'marginally better' it is still better, whichever way you slice it,bettter is better even if it's only slightly http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/

So PC is the preferred platform then?

of course it is if you have one that can run it at decent enough settings, especially if you use a 360 controller as well to get around the UI.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

locopatho

O ye gods no. I have really old gaming magazines from the late 80s/early 90s, and they rave about games that are worse then your typical free flash game today. Times change, standards raise, in 10 years Forza 4 and GT5 will both be terribly outdated and hard to go back to.

Is that not down to personal preferance though, rather than a gaming standard? I find it hard to go back to PS1 FF games that I used to love, they are an eyesore, but that doesnt diminish the quality of a game, be it good, or not. I dont believe any standard exists that matters more than if a game is simply good, or not. This is regardless of technical merits, and I thank the gods thats the case every day, if it wasnt, then gaming would truely be dead.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#118 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I agree that PS3 has superior exclusives. The entire Uncharted series and God of War 3 are enough to warrant saying that. Add MGS4 into the mix and it's over. However, when it comes to multiplats, the reason the I buy them for my 360 is the controller. I cannot be the only one that thinks the PS3 controller is a total piece of &*$#. Compared to the 360 controller, it's awful. The trigger/bumber setup is superior to the RL2/RL1 combination. The controller fits my hands better. The analog sticks are in ergonomically correct positions. The biggest advantage being the analog sticks. Since those are the primary means of controlling your character in games, they should be located in a position that is most comfortable, which is the way the 360 has it setup.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 waltefmoney

Is that not down to personal preferance though, rather than a gaming standard? I find it hard to go back to PS1 FF games that I used to love, they are an eyesore, but that doesnt diminish the quality of a game, be it good, or not. I dont believe any standard exists that matters more than if a game is simply good, or not. This is regardless of technical merits, and I thank the gods thats the case every day, if it wasnt, then gaming would truely be dead. BibiMaghoo

Here you go:

'We judge more critically as time goes by, because our expectations as game players are constantly increasing. When we review a game, we consider it at the exact point in time at which the evaluation is taking place (generally, the week of a game's release) and compare it to what we believe to be the current standards of quality at that time."

Review Guidelines

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] dont call me a liar charles, its not a fact, i have no screen tearing on skyrim on my TV. I use HDMI, maybe thats making a difference?delta3074
Yes I will cause it's not the first time either. Both digital foundry and lens of truth reported high amounts of screen tearing. You can see it in this video too I'm pretty sure they're using HDMI too...

you yourself said it was 8% screen tearing, that's less than 10% using logic i would say that was hardly a 'high amount' of screen tearing, you really talk rubbish mate and you contradict yourself all the time,lol

What are you talking about???? When did I say less than 10% hardly is a high amount??
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Is that not down to personal preferance though, rather than a gaming standard? I find it hard to go back to PS1 FF games that I used to love, they are an eyesore, but that doesnt diminish the quality of a game, be it good, or not. I dont believe any standard exists that matters more than if a game is simply good, or not. This is regardless of technical merits, and I thank the gods thats the case every day, if it wasnt, then gaming would truely be dead. BibiMaghoo

It's a comparitive thing, not an absolute thing. If the only FPS game I ever played was Goldeneye on N64 then yeah I'd still love it. But after playing Perfect Dark, then on PS2 games like Timesplitters, Black, Half Life etc, and then on 360 playing Bioshock, COD4, Halo 3, etc, Goldeneye is complete rubbish to go back to.

I guess you could say that's just my preference, but to me it's like gaming is a constant pursuit of better experiences. Stuff that is amazing today will be outdone in a few years, and that stuff will also be outdone someday. Gaming is still evolving so much based on tech, there's so much more potential to unlock. Devs are racing ahead and outdoing each other constantly, it's mental.

I don't see it as sad or bad that todays games will probably be mostly forgotten in 10 years, I see it as a positive that the games of the future will be so much better :)

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Nearly all multiplats are basically the same on PS3 and 360. Anyone playing them will not notice anything out of place to make them feel cheated vs the other console. As TC said, this is just 360 hype to try to justify the fact there are little or no exclusives for the console. In fact, the only multiplat I have played for PS3 that I felt a bit cheated on was Bad Company and 1943. The mics on PS3 had serious issues. That's it. In 5 years of playing PS3 games, that's as close as I can get to wishing I had a better version of a multiplat.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

There are quite a few games that play significantly better on 360 such as Borderlands, Fallout 3, and Skyrim. I can't think of one multiplat that runs smoother on PS3 then on 360.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 themajormayor

There are quite a few games that play significantly better on 360 such as Borderlands, Fallout 3, and Skyrim. I can't think of one multiplat that runs smoother on PS3 then on 360.

superapo
Battlefield 3, LA Noire, Portal 2, Skyrim
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Is that not down to personal preferance though, rather than a gaming standard? I find it hard to go back to PS1 FF games that I used to love, they are an eyesore, but that doesnt diminish the quality of a game, be it good, or not. I dont believe any standard exists that matters more than if a game is simply good, or not. This is regardless of technical merits, and I thank the gods thats the case every day, if it wasnt, then gaming would truely be dead. waltefmoney

Here you go:

'We judge more critically as time goes by, because our expectations as game players are constantly increasing. When we review a game, we consider it at the exact point in time at which the evaluation is taking place (generally, the week of a game's release) and compare it to what we believe to be the current standards of quality at that time."

Review Guidelines

By this are you suggesting that you take GS's reviewing poilicies to be an authority on gaming standards? But then, you could claim the same about other review sites that grade games in different ways completely. There was a reason I used Metacritic scores, and thats because people look at gaming standards in different ways. Do you believe for a moment, that any reviewer worth bearing that title, would not first consider if a game is good, or not, before anything else? Any standard imposed beyond this I would question the validity of as a 'standard' at all. Preferance plays an important part, but no preferance can really be standard can it? Are we that focused on graphics and technical achievements, that we place higher value on it than quality gameplay? Than if its good or not? I dont believe so. If that were true none of our games would ever be any good, they would just be real shiny.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]Yes I will cause it's not the first time either. Both digital foundry and lens of truth reported high amounts of screen tearing. You can see it in this video too I'm pretty sure they're using HDMI too...themajormayor

What are you talking about???? When did I say less than 10% hardly is a high amount??

are you dense? I AM SAYING that less than 10% is hardly a 'high amount' of screen tearing, you saying the game only has 8% screen tearing and then saying it's a 'high amount' is the contradiction,digital foundry never even stated it has a 'high amount' of screen tearing,they said it onlt tears when the engine i put under strain, when the engine is put under strain the Ps3's framerate drops to 20FPS or below, the 360 maintains 25FPS+ in this scenario but with screen tearing because the V-sync disengages to keep the framerate up to avoid input lag " the tearing we see is a worthwhile trade-off in order to preserve controller response, which would have otherwise been impacted by lower frame-rate refresh." " This is not an ideal situation on either platform, of course, but in terms of sheer playability stemming from sharper controller response, the 360 version is clearly the one optimised best for most situations. The tearing is indeed aggressive at these points, and that can understandably be off-putting for some players (and may well influence your purchase). However, there's more to be gained in translating the player's inputs to the game without delay than what is ultimately lost here in image quality. " so in other words, screen tearing is better than input lag from lower framerates which means,using logic, that the 360 version is more playable as it does not suffer from any input lag.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 superapo
[QUOTE="superapo"]

themajormayor

No Skyrim has several issues on PS3 that i've heard of, and i'm talking about performance, not extra features such as Portal 2 steam support.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 delta3074
[QUOTE="superapo"]

themajormayor

digital foundry (eurogamer) Games better on 360= 153 Games equal= 86 Games better on Ps3= 38 http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/ Stop lying about skyrim running better on the Ps3, you will lose all your credibility if you keep it up,to say a game that runs at a lower framrate PLAYS better is just a joke, playability is about performance not graphics dude
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"]you yourself said it was 8% screen tearing, that's less than 10% using logic i would say that was hardly a 'high amount' of screen tearing, you really talk rubbish mate and you contradict yourself all the time,loldelta3074

are you dense? I AM SAYING that less than 10% is hardly a 'high amount' of screen tearing, you saying the game only has 8% screen tearing and then saying it's a 'high amount' is the contradiction,digital foundry never even stated it has a 'high amount' of screen tearing,they said it onlt tears when the engine i put under strain, when the engine is put under strain the Ps3's framerate drops to 20FPS or below, the 360 maintains 25FPS+ in this scenario but with screen tearing because the V-sync disengages to keep the framerate up to avoid input lag " the tearing we see is a worthwhile trade-off in order to preserve controller response, which would have otherwise been impacted by lower frame-rate refresh." " This is not an ideal situation on either platform, of course, but in terms of sheer playability stemming from sharper controller response, the 360 version is clearly the one optimised best for most situations. The tearing is indeed aggressive at these points, and that can understandably be off-putting for some players (and may well influence your purchase). However, there's more to be gained in translating the player's inputs to the game without delay than what is ultimately lost here in image quality. " so in other words, screen tearing is better than input lag from lower framerates which means,using logic, that the 360 version is more playable as it does not suffer from any input lag.

So I am contradicting myself because YOU have a different opinion on what is a high amount? Oh what a coincidence that DF didn't even give us the averages. Cause if they would have done so we would know that the average difference in FPS is only 2.5 whereas the screen tearing is 8%! So using logic I rather have a small unnoticeable difference in FPS than the huge amount of 8% screen tearing! I have skyrim now on PS3 and even the screen tearing you see in youtube videos is much worse than anything I've seen on my PS3
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="superapo"]

superapo

No Skyrim has several issues on PS3 that i've heard of, and i'm talking about performance, not extra features such as Portal 2 steam support.

Portal 2 has better AA on PS3
woodenfork21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 woodenfork21
Member since 2011 • 454 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]It's funny to see consolites argue over who has the best multi plats when completely ignoring PC, it's cute. ^_^sts106mat
oh here he is, the biggest ex-PS3 fanboy on the site hahaha. if UC3 AAA editors choice had won GOTY, you'd be all over these threads, but now you are hiding behind the PC again, hilarious dude.

yea, the guy is a joke...completely worthless, no integrity.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="superapo"]

delta3074

digital foundry (eurogamer) Games better on 360= 153 Games equal= 86 Games better on Ps3= 38 http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/ Stop lying about skyrim running better on the Ps3, you will lose all your credibility if you keep it up,lol

He said he couldn't think of any game that runs better on PS3. I only gave him 4 examples. You keep your "credibility" while I am enjoying the best console version of Skyrim ;)
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#133 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

ShadowMoses900

No, it's kinda true. Facts are facts bro and the 360 has superior multiplats. Get over it.

:lol: No it doesn't. Gears of War 3 looks better than every PS3 exclusive except Uncharted 3 and those two are about even. MGS 4 has been outdone many times over.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Is that not down to personal preferance though, rather than a gaming standard? I find it hard to go back to PS1 FF games that I used to love, they are an eyesore, but that doesnt diminish the quality of a game, be it good, or not. I dont believe any standard exists that matters more than if a game is simply good, or not. This is regardless of technical merits, and I thank the gods thats the case every day, if it wasnt, then gaming would truely be dead. locopatho

It's a comparitive thing, not an absolute thing. If the only FPS game I ever played was Goldeneye on N64 then yeah I'd still love it. But after playing Perfect Dark, then on PS2 games like Timesplitters, Black, Half Life etc, and then on 360 playing Bioshock, COD4, Halo 3, etc, Goldeneye is complete rubbish to go back to.

I guess you could say that's just my preference, but to me it's like gaming is a constant pursuit of better experiences. Stuff that is amazing today will be outdone in a few years, and that stuff will also be outdone someday. Gaming is still evolving so much based on tech, there's so much more potential to unlock. Devs are racing ahead and outdoing each other constantly, it's mental.

I don't see it as sad or bad that todays games will probably be mostly forgotten in 10 years, I see it as a positive that the games of the future will be so much better :)

But is GoldenEye 64, at this time, a worse game than it was when it was released? is the game, actualy worse? I dont believe it is, I believe it is still that same quality, playable game that was released almost 15 years ago. Time doesnt degrade how good a game is, only what you expect from your money, or hardware.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 superapo
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Battlefield 3, LA Noire, Portal 2, Skyrim

digital foundry (eurogamer) Games better on 360= 153 Games equal= 86 Games better on Ps3= 38 http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/ Stop lying about skyrim running better on the Ps3, you will lose all your credibility if you keep it up,lol

He said he couldn't think of any game that runs better on PS3. I only gave him 4 examples. You keep your "credibility" while I am enjoying the best console version of Skyrim ;)

Uhhh why do you keep denying the truth, Skyrim has many problems on PS3. It Plays much better on 360.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 delta3074
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] What are you talking about???? When did I say less than 10% hardly is a high amount??

So I am contradicting myself because YOU have a different opinion on what is a high amount? Oh what a coincidence that DF didn't even give us the averages. Cause if they would have done so we would know that the average difference in FPS is only 2.5 whereas the screen tearing is 8%! So using logic I rather have a small unnoticeable difference in FPS than the huge amount of 8% screen tearing! I have skyrim now on PS3 and even the screen tearing you see in youtube videos is much worse than anything I've seen on my PS3

wrong "performance on PS3 drops down to 20FPS or lower for protracted periods of play, while the 360 tears constantly in a bid to prevent going further below 25FPS." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-skyrim 5+FPS difference when the engine is put under strain,8% screen tearing on the 360 WHEN THE ENGINE IS PUT UNDER STRAIN.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 themajormayor
[QUOTE="superapo"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"] digital foundry (eurogamer) Games better on 360= 153 Games equal= 86 Games better on Ps3= 38 http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/ Stop lying about skyrim running better on the Ps3, you will lose all your credibility if you keep it up,lol

Uhhh why do you keep denying the truth, Skyrim has many problems on PS3. It Plays much better on 360.

Skyrim has many problems on 360. No problems for me on PS3.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"]are you dense? I AM SAYING that less than 10% is hardly a 'high amount' of screen tearing, you saying the game only has 8% screen tearing and then saying it's a 'high amount' is the contradiction,digital foundry never even stated it has a 'high amount' of screen tearing,they said it onlt tears when the engine i put under strain, when the engine is put under strain the Ps3's framerate drops to 20FPS or below, the 360 maintains 25FPS+ in this scenario but with screen tearing because the V-sync disengages to keep the framerate up to avoid input lag " the tearing we see is a worthwhile trade-off in order to preserve controller response, which would have otherwise been impacted by lower frame-rate refresh." " This is not an ideal situation on either platform, of course, but in terms of sheer playability stemming from sharper controller response, the 360 version is clearly the one optimised best for most situations. The tearing is indeed aggressive at these points, and that can understandably be off-putting for some players (and may well influence your purchase). However, there's more to be gained in translating the player's inputs to the game without delay than what is ultimately lost here in image quality. " so in other words, screen tearing is better than input lag from lower framerates which means,using logic, that the 360 version is more playable as it does not suffer from any input lag.delta3074

wrong "performance on PS3 drops down to 20FPS or lower for protracted periods of play, while the 360 tears constantly in a bid to prevent going further below 25FPS." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-skyrim 5+FPS difference when the engine is put under strain,8% screen tearing on the 360 WHEN THE ENGINE IS PUT UNDER STRAIN.

Global percent of torn frames: 7.66

Global average FPS: 29.70

PS3

Global percent of torn frames: 0.00

Global average FPS: 27.02

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 superapo
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="superapo"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] He said he couldn't think of any game that runs better on PS3. I only gave him 4 examples. You keep your "credibility" while I am enjoying the best console version of Skyrim ;)

Skyrim has many problems on 360. No problems for me on PS3.

Prime example of a gamer blinded by fanboyism
Adamantium4k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Adamantium4k2
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts
I made this thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28964436/so-much-for-the-99.9-multiplates-perform-better-on-xbox-360-myth The lemmings was still in denial!!!
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] So I am contradicting myself because YOU have a different opinion on what is a high amount? Oh what a coincidence that DF didn't even give us the averages. Cause if they would have done so we would know that the average difference in FPS is only 2.5 whereas the screen tearing is 8%! So using logic I rather have a small unnoticeable difference in FPS than the huge amount of 8% screen tearing! I have skyrim now on PS3 and even the screen tearing you see in youtube videos is much worse than anything I've seen on my PS3themajormayor

Global percent of torn frames: 7.66

Global average FPS: 29.70

PS3

Global percent of torn frames: 0.00

Global average FPS: 27.02

let me guess, lens of truth? digital foundry is far more credible for starters and you should really learn to do maths because by the figures you just posted thats a difference of 2.7 or 2.68 if you want to get technical, not 2.5, besides, playabilty is about performance, the higher the framerate the better the performance so either way the 360 version plays better, any way, most people would rather have sharper textures, more shadows and a cleaner draw distance with more foliage than blurred textures, a lower framrate, input lag when the engine is put under strain and the fear that you are going to get hit with a crippling savegame bug that requires rewriting the engine itself to fix permanently, stay in denial dude, the 360 version of skyrim is the best console version, the Experts have spoken, you are a nobody, nothing you say will change that.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#143 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="woodenfork21"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] oh here he is, the biggest ex-PS3 fanboy on the site hahaha. if UC3 AAA editors choice had won GOTY, you'd be all over these threads, but now you are hiding behind the PC again, hilarious dude.

this is a ps3 fanboy of such large proportions, he claimed to have bought two copies of uc3, one to play, the other to put in a blooming timecapsule lol.

Can you link that? Sounds amazing.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#145 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
There are only a handful of multiplats out there that you can pop in your PS3 and truly realize you've got the inferior version. Yes, Skyrim is one of them. Like I said before, in 5 years of playing PS3 games, I have only come across 2 (Bad Company and 1943 had mic issues on PS3). That's it. The vast majority of them play just as well on PS3 as they do on 360. Eyeballing screen shots from websites isnt going to change that.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 delta3074
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="woodenfork21"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] oh here he is, the biggest ex-PS3 fanboy on the site hahaha. if UC3 AAA editors choice had won GOTY, you'd be all over these threads, but now you are hiding behind the PC again, hilarious dude.

this is a ps3 fanboy of such large proportions, he claimed to have bought two copies of uc3, one to play, the other to put in a blooming timecapsule lol.

i have bought 2 copies of a game before, i bought 2 copys of oblivion, one as a spare 2 years later in case my original copy went pear shaped i wanted to make sure i had another copy befor they stopped selling them, stupid idea really as they recently released a GOTY version.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 delta3074
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] this is a ps3 fanboy of such large proportions, he claimed to have bought two copies of uc3, one to play, the other to put in a blooming timecapsule lol.

i have bought 2 copies of a game before, i bought 2 copys of oblivion, one as a spare 2 years later in case my original copy went pear shaped i wanted to make sure i had another copy befor they stopped selling them, stupid idea really as they recently released a GOTY version.

there's a grand canyon of difference between what you did and then burying one in a time capsule so that "generations in the future can see epitome of gaming" or some other similar crap he typed.

crikey, that's totally bloody weird if you ak me, they probably won't have a macine that will run the bloody game,lol
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#149 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Here is a list of multiplats that are noticeably better on 360

• GTA4
  • RDR
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Borderlands
  • Skyrim
  • Bayonetta

All the others have such miniscule differences that they shouldn't even be noted

BPoole96
I would remove gta4, rdr and borderlands from your list. I play them and they run just fine on the ps3. The rest do run like crap