Xbox dead, on to PS3 or wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jayz96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jayz96
Member since 2004 • 231 Posts

Last night my 360 died and now i'm sending it in to be fixed and it won't be ready tell mid janurary at least. But by then i'll have the money for a new system and a couple of games, so which one should i get?

A Wii or PS3 and what games should i get for each, and by many i mean 3 games.

for the wii i m thinking zelda, mario, and smah bros.

for the ps3 i m thinking uncharted, folklore, assasian's creed, nba 2k7, ninja gadien sigma

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Wii.
Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
PS3 hands down
Just_in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Just_in
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
Ps3, then wii.
TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TurninTricks
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts
PS3 now, Wii.... later
iamanehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iamanehero
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

PS3. Since you had an XBOX360 the PS3 games are probably more suited to your tastes.

I recommend Uncharted, AC, COD4, Warhawk, and Resistance. Take your pick.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Wii60 > PS360

jayz96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jayz96
thanks i like your taste
jayz96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jayz96
thanks i like your taste
Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

PS3 now, Wii.... later

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
Wii, then PS3.
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
my ps3 just blew up on me....im moving on to 360
Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts

PS3 hands down TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Thanks cowzilla. Wii now, PS3 later....PS3 is not worth it

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Erebyssial
Obviously the PS3 fanboys are just going to say PS3 without reason.
But really, with the PS3 you're paying alot more money for something that's alot similar to your 360.
The Wii is cheaper and gives you more variety.
Your choice, I'm just actually giving you proper reasons to help make your decision.
jayz96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jayz96

you can suck me

jayz96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jayz96
not erebyssial the dude that played me
FireBird228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 FireBird228
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts

I'd get Wii. The PS3 is just too similiar to the XBox. You can get Assasin's Creed for Xbox, and the Wii is revolutionary in what it does. If you want something new and refreshing get the Wii.

gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts

Last night my 360 died and now i'm sending it in to be fixed and it won't be ready tell mid janurary at least. But by then i'll have the money for a new system and a couple of games, so which one should i get?

A Wii or PS3 and what games should i get for each, and by many i mean 3 games.

for the wii i m thinking zelda, mario, and smah bros.

for the ps3 i m thinking uncharted, folklore, assasian's creed, nba 2k7, ninja gadien sigma

jayz96
Many of the ps3 big titles are also for 360... so I think you should try the wii out first.
TiberiusKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TiberiusKane
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
Wii. Many of the best PS3 games are on 360 and the Wii has a better library right now.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
PS3. More games to choose from than Wii. Metacritic has 54 titles over 75% for PS3 vs 25 titles over 75% for Wii. I have both PS3 and Wii. Once you play X360 or PS3 it gets really hard to play Wii. Also Wii has horrible online, that might as well be non-existant. If you are thinking Wii wait until at least one price drop it's very overpriced right now for what you get. Go PS3; you might even like it more than you did your X360.
TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TurninTricks
Wii and variety, yeah lets play kiddy daycare madness and zak and kidi then SMG which is the only game worth it, get the PS3 now, play uncharted, ratcher and clank, warhawk, UT 3, NGS and folklore, and use it to stream your movie files onto your TV and everything else that cant be done on a wii.
iamanehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iamanehero

Obviously the PS3 fanboys are just going to say PS3 without reason.
But really, with the PS3 you're paying alot more money for something that's alot similar to your 360.
Your choice, I'm just actually giving you proper reasons to help make your decision.
Erebyssial

I did give a reason. PS3 games are more suited for XBOX 360 owners. They tend to like better graphics, shooters, and online play, three things that the PS3 does a lot better than the Wii.

With the PS3 you're paying a lot more for something that's similar to the 360? Let's see, for $50 more, you're getting a bigger hard drive, built-in wifi, built-in blu-ray player, free online, with a much smaller failure rate. You should have said with the PS3 you're GETTING a lot more for PAYING something that's similar to the 360.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Erebyssial

See how the people that say PS3 have no reason.
The people that have Wii have a good reason.
Intelligence ftw.

edit -late-

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Wii, ps3 and xbox 360 share to many games.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Erebyssial

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]Obviously the PS3 fanboys are just going to say PS3 without reason.
iamanehero

I did give a reason. PS3 games are more suited for XBOX 360 owners. They tend to like better graphics, shooters, and online play, three things that the PS3 does a lot better than the Wii.

With the PS3 you're paying a lot more for something that's similar to the 360? Let's see, for $50 more, you're getting a bigger hard drive, built-in wifi, built-in blu-ray player, free online, with a much smaller failure rate. You should have said with the PS3 you're GETTING a lot more for PAYING something that's similar to the 360.

Yeah but he didn't say anything about his tastes, plus there's 360 owners out there that don't like the PS3. This could be in his case, it's all a matter of opinion and like I said I was just giving him thinking options.

For the price thing I was refering to PS3 and Wii btw.

Pripyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pripyat
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
Intellivision.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

Wii

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 58668 Posts
I own them all.
TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TurninTricks
[QUOTE="iamanehero"]

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]Obviously the PS3 fanboys are just going to say PS3 without reason.
Erebyssial

Yeah but he didn't say anything about his tastes, plus there's 360 owners out there that don't like the PS3. This could be in his case, it's all a matter of opinion and like I said I was just giving him thinking options.

Spoken like a true sheep, this guy is spinning his original statement around just so it doesn't look like he's getting PWNED! We all know you were talking about PS3 and 360 in terms of price. Wii is lousy and won't be worth it untill the next Zelda game, and we all know that YOU'RE waiting for that game more than any of us and just the antiicipation makes you feel like your Wii was worth the buy... Wii is gggggaaaaaarrrrbage

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8969 Posts
Depends on how big of a nintendo fan you are. If you don't get into the core nintendo games then you wont find much else you'll like on the wii. Don't get me wrong, there are good 3rd party games out, but few and far between.
iamanehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iamanehero
[QUOTE="iamanehero"]

Erebyssial

Well XBOX360 owners do tend to like the three things I listed. If they didn't, they probably would have gotten a Wii instead of a 360. So it's not a huge leap to say that Wii probably don't appeal to them as much.

As for the price, why say that Wii is a lot cheaper than the PS3, but then say 360 is similar? It would be a better argument to say that Wii is much cheaper, and it's similar to the PS3. Unfortunately, it's not.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Erebyssial
[QUOTE="Erebyssial"][QUOTE="iamanehero"]

TurninTricks

Spoken like a true sheep, this guy is spinning his original statement around just so it doesn't look like he's getting PWNED! We all know you were talking about PS3 and 360 in terms of price. Wii is lousy and won't be worth it untill the next Zelda game, and we all know that YOU'RE waiting for that game more than any of us and just the antiicipation makes you feel like your Wii was worth the buy... Wii is gggggaaaaaarrrrbage

Actually I WAS comparing the PS3 and Wii prices, Mr. Observant.

As people with a brain can see, I am clearly differing the PS3 and Wii prices. I do mention the 360, but that's just backing up how Wii60 gives more variety.

"Wii is lousy and won't be worth it untill the next Zelda game"
That's your opinion, and a bad one at that.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Erebyssial
Okay some people aren't understanding the wording.

I was trying to say that buying a PS3 is more expensive than the Wii (Yes, thw two that the TC wants compared), and seeing as it's more similar to the 360 which he already has, it may not be his best option.
Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts
PS3. Its not much of a transition from X360.
Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts
Get the console that has the most games that appeal to you as of this moment.