Xbox Ambassador program is encouraging fan wars?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 14321 Posts

BlackPanthaa, youtuber focuses in racing game genre with millions of follower (1.34m on youtube) recently shared his experience with the Xbox fan program on his second channel.

According to him the Xbox Ambassador program seemingly encourage die hard Xbox fans to glorify and kiss ass xbox as well as sharing contents that encourage fan wars. Apparently Phil Spencer and most Xbox leads follows them on twitter but luckily for Phil when this youtuber checked one of the twitter page Phil no longer following the guy. Xbox Ambassador program started as a program for die hard Xbox fans. Xbox fly em to E3 to be placed in front row and cheer as loudly for Xbox announcements (good effort by Xbox tbh cause we all know how dead xbox shows usually is)

Nintendo and PS also have these kinds of fans. I dont think those 2 company have an affliated program that actually encourages these stuff tho.

What you guys think about this program? Seems like a very toxic group of fans, encouraged by xbox.

Youtuber main channel and video link;

https://youtube.com/c/Blackpanthaa

https://youtu.be/TAVVTeawkb0

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#2 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 39744 Posts

You reporting on this sort of thing feels like...

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 20687 Posts

Personally, i always knew and understood that we were dealing with toxic humans. Would never participate myself because i find it to be childish, and i am simply too mature for it, but people do participate in that nonsense, and that's just frustrating.

The closer Microsoft approaches to the first place, the more toxic they become.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 8262 Posts

A bunch of ambassadors got booted the past few weeks for console wars stuff on Twitter. They actually moderate their members pretty well. I’m not sure what this guys is talking about regarding ambassadors pushing console wars. I’m haven’t seen it. I’ve only been an ambassador for a short time, but I’ve seen no such thing on the discord, YouTube or Twitch channels.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 11271 Posts

It's absolutely a problem.

I'm all for engaging with your fanbase but, Xbox leadership 100% uses Xbox ambassadors and, Xbox influencers to push console wars talking points.

It's honestly kinda genius in a way since it removes any and all responsibility from themselves and, lets them control the narrative and talking points.

Ex. the same person who says "Starfield runs at 0fps on PS5" shouldn't have direct access nor be able to influence lets say the head of Xbox marketing. But they do. They get the retweets, get invited to events, get validation from said head of marketing etc.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 20687 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

A bunch of ambassadors got booted the past few weeks for console wars stuff on Twitter. They actually moderate their members pretty well. I’m not sure what this guys is talking about regarding ambassadors pushing console wars. I’m haven’t seen it. I’ve only been an ambassador for a short time, but I’ve seen no such thing on the discord, YouTube or Twitch channels.

The only reason you're covering this up is because you're an ambassador yourself.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 9638 Posts

Microsoft/Xbox culture is weird in general. You can't just like their products, you have to give yourself whole-souled to them. No wonder it seems like every other Xbox fan sounds like a salesman instead of a normal human being. No, Game Pass and the Series S are not the greatest things in the world. Get out of my face

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 38536 Posts

There’s toxic fanboys from each faction. I doubt Microsoft is purposely trying to promote this. They seem to be doing the exact opposite from what I see from them. 🤷‍♂️

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41902 Posts

I see a lot of projection.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Microsoft/Xbox culture is weird in general. You can't just like their products, you have to give yourself whole-souled to them. No wonder it seems like every other Xbox fan sounds like a salesman instead of a normal human being. No, Game Pass and the Series S are not the greatest things in the world. Get out of my face

:-O Self awareness much?

That's absolutely mind blowing.

You know that PS fans have ALWAYS been known for that right? Like, everyone is toxic on twitter, EVERYONE. But PS fans pre-dated twitter with that behaviour.

Almost speechless that a cow would say that. It's amazing that cows are coming out lately like they have always behaved themselves.

Bro, no one is buying what your selling. Only other cows in a circle jerk would somehow agree the cows haven't always been the worst.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4218 Posts

I am in the ambassador program albeit I have not been active in a couple years... when I was active the ambassadors were used as troubleshooters for people experiencing problems, to do beta testing on games/features, etc

Ambassadors were never encouraged to do fanwars/system wars

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 16653 Posts

So 1 or 2 people represent the whole?

Are you sure you want to go with that?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41902 Posts

I find a guy trashing the Xbox ambassador program who on his video feels like GT and DriveClub are the best racing games and PlayStation is the best console for racing games and that Forza Horizon is the most overrated racing franchise... I mean nothing wrong with having biases but this hardly looks like an objective analysis.

I do feel his cricisms about how influencers are treated (like inviting influencers to events) to be very one sided as Sony has been doing the same thing themselves for years. But much of their ability to do this has been largely limited last couple years due to Covid and cancelation of some of the big gaming events to pack it with hand picked gaming journalist and influencers. And I haven't heard about them hosting any big review boot camp events in a long while.

Nonetheless, I think Sony's biggest advantage they've lost these last few years came with the big shake-up at NeoGAF's role in the gaming world. It's no longer a heavily moderated pro-Sony forum that bans descent, and no longer has its reputation for being the water cooler for industry insiders where there daily forums were the blueprint for gaming websites and YouTubers to shamelessly regurgitate the same talking points.

All toxic fanboyism is obnoxious but the playing field is being leveled a great deal. If anything Sony fanboys are just upset at seeing the kind of shit they've been spewing for years thrown back at them. I found it hilarious weeks back there were a lot of gaming personalities griping about Sony fanboys have gotten really bad because it's rather hilarious because they've always been that way and they were at their worse during much of the 8th gen (they were even pretty bad much of the 7th gen too), rather if anything I think most Sony fanboys have been more subdued than usual because they don't have their high horse they've enjoyed for most rhe 8th gen. They're not gone, just waiting to have something to elevate their spirits before they crank their frothing at the mouth psycho meter to 11.

Sony enjoyed a very uncontested market for much of the 8th gen, and now they have much stronger competition from both Nintendo and Microsoft. Just the notion Sony isn't utterly crushing their competition has always been enough to trigger the worst Sony fanboys, some even get gaslit just on the notion some developer might want to make a game that has traditionally been a PlayStation exclusive multiplatform release coming to Xbox. If a Tweet like "Stardield runs at 0fps on PS5 LOL" is enough for Sony fanboys to feel like hate crime victims then the kind of intervention they need is butthurt therapy.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 40924 Posts

I mean serially. :P

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 Random_Matt  Online
Member since 2013 • 6765 Posts

MS/Xbox has always been toxic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 59655 Posts

How has Sony fannies gotten so desperate on this forum? What has happened?🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 4887 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

:-O Self awareness much?

That's absolutely mind blowing.

You know that PS fans have ALWAYS been known for that right? Like, everyone is toxic on twitter, EVERYONE. But PS fans pre-dated twitter with that behaviour.

Almost speechless that a cow would say that. It's amazing that cows are coming out lately like they have always behaved themselves.

Bro, no one is buying what your selling. Only other cows in a circle jerk would somehow agree the cows haven't always been the worst.

so in other words. any fan to one product = toxic gamer.

hence the sayings sheep,lemming, cow, hermits. its like school jocks,nerds,losers its all bullshit.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 4887 Posts
@sakaixx said:
Loading Video...

BlackPanthaa, youtuber focuses in racing game genre with millions of follower (1.34m on youtube) recently shared his experience with the Xbox fan program on his second channel.

According to him the Xbox Ambassador program seemingly encourage die hard Xbox fans to glorify and kiss ass xbox as well as sharing contents that encourage fan wars. Apparently Phil Spencer and most Xbox leads follows them on twitter but luckily for Phil when this youtuber checked one of the twitter page Phil no longer following the guy. Xbox Ambassador program started as a program for die hard Xbox fans. Xbox fly em to E3 to be placed in front row and cheer as loudly for Xbox announcements (good effort by Xbox tbh cause we all know how dead xbox shows usually is)

Nintendo and PS also have these kinds of fans. I dont think those 2 company have an affliated program that actually encourages these stuff tho.

What you guys think about this program? Seems like a very toxic group of fans, encouraged by xbox.

but it is funny how its always forza. don't see any other type of game.

were is hzd2 vs halo graphics.

and this game vs this game.

its only forza that can compete.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 40613 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

You reporting on this sort of thing feels like...

Or as Sonic would say:

Loading Video...

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2633 Posts

Yep, Xbox Ambassadors are messed up people. Only their goal is to spread false propaganda and brainwash people funded by MS.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2382 Posts

Funny reading all the hardcore cows in here moaning about other fanboys, you're all just as bad as each other

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@mowgly1 said:

Yep, Xbox Ambassadors are messed up people. Only their goal is to spread false propaganda and brainwash people funded by MS.

That is funny coming from you. Isn't that your ENTIRE shctick. 😂🤣

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29703 Posts

@sakaixx said:
Loading Video...

There's idiot fanboys in literally every single facet of literally everything. Xbox isn't telling them to be toxic to other fan bases, only to be dedicated to theirs.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29703 Posts
@mowgly1 said:

Go touch grass.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6159 Posts

Fair callout. And he's right. Every platform has their version of fans that do the same.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2633 Posts
@clone01 said:
@mowgly1 said:

Go touch grass.

Better touch grass than spreading false propaganda and brainwash people

@shellcase86 said:

Fair callout. And he's right. Every platform has their version of fans that do the same.

Not like Xbox. Xbox Ambassadors are something else. There are over 300k of them. Ambassadors can't be that dumb, but their are. Damn cultists! Backed and followed by Xbox execs. LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pedro

@mowgly1: You are the most cultists and psycho of all Sony fannies, that is a major achievement 😂

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#28 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37669 Posts

Over 100k ps fanboys signed a petition to cancel kojimas game for Xbox. Spare me with the toxic shit when they both have their schills.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 10499 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

Over 100k psfanboys signed a petition to cancel kojimas game for Xbox. Spare me with the toxic shit when they both have their schills.

Lower that number by about 98k

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 58831 Posts

That's kinda funny..

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20193 Posts

@Heil68 said:

That's kinda funny..

Nintendo Switch, the most sold Gen 9 console of all time!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#32 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37669 Posts

@fedor: my typo