Xbox Achievements vs PS Trophy system

• 62 results
RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Xbox Achievements vs PS Trophy system (66 votes)

Xbox Achievements and GamerScore 32%
PlayStation Trophies 32%
I don’t care to keep track of “achievements/trophies” 36%

Just curious which system you guys prefer? Xbox’s achievement scores or PlayStation’s trophies and where it shows the percentage of the game’s trophy collection completed?

I started off with Xbox 360 and earning achievements. After switching to the PS5 I gotta say I preferred the achievements and gamerscore on Xbox. For a while I kind of learned to forget about them but my OCD makes me want to get most of the trophies to consider a game being”beat”.

• 
ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#51 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8857 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

I like trophies but I prefer the sound when achievements pop especially the rare ones.

Yeah achievements were great on 360. XB1 the achievements lag my game they are laggy as hell to come up i've had 10 pop in a row from delay's. They are trash on xb1. They worked fine on 360.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1339 Posts

I prefer xbox because it not only tells you that you unlocked an achievement but it also tells you what the achievement required. On Playstation you only get a medal and you have to enter the trophy menu first for details on requirements.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9343 Posts

Imo Xbox ruined achievements when they started giving them out for silly things last gen

They were good during the 7th gen though.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#54 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 464 Posts

Both serve their purpose, but the the trophy system is better.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2444 Posts

@sealionact: Yeowza! MS is in a completely different ball game. This is probably the closest thing to real life (video game) trophies!

GGWP MicroSoft!

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 623 Posts

how many of you guys have 100%'d a game, and if so how many games? I honestly find it overwhelming for most games to get 100% achievements or trophies, closest i have got is THPS1&2 Remaster, just missing 2 trophies before I get the platinum on that. But I have been a HUGE THPS fan since I was a kid.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 7707 Posts

I could take or leave achievement systems in general. I mean, it's nice to have a record of what you're playing and what you've done in the game, but I don't have a need to thoroughly comb through every inch of every game to earn them. They're not always fun to get.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 27322 Posts

Don't care for either.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 37710 Posts

Care = zero. :P

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 7053 Posts

They are both about the same to me... I don't really care all that much either way. If anything I only use them sometimes as a guide to how far through a game I am or if I missed anything. Sometimes if I know I'm close to getting one I'll go the extra bit to get one just for fun though. I don't usually 100% games though... way too many to play and most of the time to get that you have to do very trivial things for long amounts of time.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 10645 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

how many of you guys have 100%'d a game, and if so how many games? I honestly find it overwhelming for most games to get 100% achievements or trophies, closest i have got is THPS1&2 Remaster, just missing 2 trophies before I get the platinum on that. But I have been a HUGE THPS fan since I was a kid.

Yeah, it really depends on the game and trophy list. I never platinum'd a game until last year.

I've since done Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman, Concrete Genie, and Astro's Playroom.

I'm also just one trophy away from getting one in Sackboy: A Big Adventure.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 5704 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

I think I have like 20 plats, and only one 1000/1000 achievements for a game, Fallout 4. The platinum trophy is quite a bit more incentive than your standard achievement.