Xbox Achievements vs PS Trophy system

• 62 results
RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Xbox Achievements vs PS Trophy system (66 votes)

Xbox Achievements and GamerScore 32%
PlayStation Trophies 32%
I don’t care to keep track of “achievements/trophies” 36%

Just curious which system you guys prefer? Xbox’s achievement scores or PlayStation’s trophies and where it shows the percentage of the game’s trophy collection completed?

I started off with Xbox 360 and earning achievements. After switching to the PS5 I gotta say I preferred the achievements and gamerscore on Xbox. For a while I kind of learned to forget about them but my OCD makes me want to get most of the trophies to consider a game being”beat”.

• 
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

I can't say that I care either way. I am more a fan of MS Reward points.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 10297 Posts

I prefer trophies because I'm a Playstation gamer but I really don't care about them either way. At best, gives a kind of check list of things to do so you can say you 100% beat a game. It's essentially meaningless.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8857 Posts

Trophies have always been #1 for me

It goes

Trophies > WoW achievements > Xbox Gamer Score (trash) = Steam Achievements (trash)

I can get a PLATINUM which is the 100% of all the other trophies unlocked. Thats sick when you get plat you see it other people see it. It puts respect on your name. You get some gamer score nobody even cares.

Trophies are crushing it sony is crushing it.

I love the different levels gold is harder than silver and bronze are the easy its just taking gamer score and achievements to the next level.

Hopefully steam and xbox take there systems to the next level some day you have compete at the end of day you can't just coast anymore with trophies around.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14713 Posts

Trophies. Getting a plat feels like a real accomplishment. Building a score is meaningless. When you see those people with like a million gamer score you just know they have no life.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ProtossRushX

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Trophies. Getting a plat feels like a real accomplishment. Building a score is meaningless. When you see those people with like a million gamer score you just know they have no life.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 20445 Posts

Never got into that stuff much. If I'm really diggin a game I'll have a look at them. If there are some fun extra goals to shoot for, I'll go for it. About it.

But yeah, no real preference either way. They all ask you to meet the same goals, right?

Incoming thread of PS fans saying trophies and Xbox fans saying achievements.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10680 Posts

Getting a Platinum is always fun, felt much better personally. Its always a proud moment when you get a very rare 1% Platinum trophy than idk complete a gamescore or whatever on steam.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 623 Posts

@ProtossRushX:

Good point about the platinum Trophies, I didn’t consider those vs just a number for gamerscore. I don’t know if I have the patience to earn a platinum trophy but atleast you have something to show for it and to prove you beat everything.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ProtossRushX

@ConanTheStoner said:

Never got into that stuff much. If I'm really diggin a game I'll have a look at them. If there are some fun extra goals to shoot for, I'll go for it. About it.

But yeah, no real preference either way. They all ask you to meet the same goals, right?

I'm FF Fanboy I get every nook and cranny out of those games. I Platted FF12 Zodiac twice on ps4 once on steam I'm just gonna get everything on switch without the achivements.

If i love a game im damn well gonna get every trophy in it and it feels great i dunno what are your talking about i loved getting all those PS trophies in FF12 zodiac age, do you know hard it is to do every hunt and every optional unique boss theres 100's and you have to do this chain of like 12 limits in a row so think again I had a blast and they were hard. Thats the fun of it it being a challenge and fun.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 47338 Posts

Useless garbage.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5896 Posts

Which ever, Steam is fine too.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pedro

@ConanTheStoner said:

So far there are only Sony fannies. 😂

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 20445 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:

I'm FF Fanboy I get every nook and cranny out of those games. I Platted FF12 Zodiac twice on ps4 once on steam I'm just gonna get everything on switch without the achivements.

If i love a game im damn well gonna get every trophy in it and it feels great i dunno what are your talking about i loved getting all those in FF12 so think again I had a blast and they were hard.

I'm proud of you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57989 Posts

I don't have a preference for one or the other.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 13075 Posts

They're awesome for a game that I'm really digging. Gives me an "excuse" to keep at it, try different strategies and shit. For the most part they're meh. I would rather have rewards than emails though, so achievements I guess. I know I got a platinum, I don't need Sony to remind me and spam my inbox. Give me credit to use on the store or something.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ProtossRushX

@lundy86_4 said:

So you don't care if you just get some random points rather than having a tier'd trophy's like a bronze for an easy one silver for medium and gold for hard and a plat for everything?

You don't care?

Do you care about having folders or anything else thats better than not having folders like dude ones a deeper system why the hell would not prefer that to the other system? Its like why not just pick the deeper system and move on even if you don't care about trophies.

Would I rather have 1000 gb hard drive or 900 gb hard drive if im not gonna use all of the 900 gb the 1000 doesn't matter but ill take over 900 everytime you know what I mean even if I don't use the extra space. Thats called logic. 1000 > 900

Tiered > a bunch of random points

Dude what is going on here.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33820 Posts

I prefer the Achievement system myself but trophies are kind of cool too. I really wish that Nintendo would implement some kind of system themselves.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#18  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 8250 Posts

*Shrugs* Neither. It's all just bait for the 100% completion nutters, and I don't care much for that stuff.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57989 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

So you don't care if you just get some random points rather than having a tier'd trophy's like a bronze for an easy one silver for medium and gold for hard and a plat for everything?

You don't care?

Do you care about having folders or anything else thats better than not having folders like dude ones a deeper system why the hell would not prefer that to the other system? Its like why not just pick the deeper system and move on even if you don't care about trophies.

Would I rather have 1000 gb hard drive or 900 gb hard drive if im not gonna use all of the 900 gb the 1000 doesn't matter but ill take over 900 everytime you know what I mean even if I don't use the extra space. Thats called logic. 1000 > 900

Tiered > a bunch of random points

Dude what is going on here.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 38339 Posts

Achievements since XB1 onward usually has artwork attached which makes for nice backgrounds to the dashboard.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 5704 Posts

They're essentially the same thing, but the addition of the platinum trophy makes trophies slightly better imo.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24100 Posts

Xbox best, enjoy the overall number going upwards. I still have no idea what or how many trophies each "tier" represents, after like 15 years, ha.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ProtossRushX

@lamprey263 said:

Achievements since XB1 onward usually has artwork attached which makes for nice backgrounds to the dashboard.

I think Steam also artwork and has play cards an stuff you get for unlocking achievements which I dunno xbox does have.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Archangel3371

@lamprey263 said:

Yeah I like that too. Used a few very cool ones for my dashboard on the Xbox One.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1575 Posts

I have both Trophies and Achievements switched off. Not only I don't care, I also am of the opinion that they make my gaming experience worse. I like to engage with games organically, not go through laundry lists.

I do get they can be a useful tool for those less fortunate that need to get more rentability from their games, and I totally respect that, it's just not how I enjoy my games.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ProtossRushX

@ghost_of_phobos said:

I have both Trophies and Achievements switched off. Not only I don't care, I also am of the opinion that they make my gaming experience worse. I like to engage with games organically, not go through laundry lists.

I do get they can be a useful tool for those less fortunate that need to get more rentability from their games, and I totally respect that, it's just not how I enjoy my games.

Achievements are more for End Game and extending the games life. Like after you beat the game you go back and try to 100% complete everything to get the platinum. Its not like oh i gotta do all this in a check order like your saying. Thats what they are for me. I love only trophies tho I don't care about achievement points at all i just care about Plats.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6963 Posts

I liked achievements better from 05 to 08. Now trophies are much better. Lost interest in getting all the trophies years ago, but somehow wasted time to get all the trophies in tlou2 and demon's remake.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21442 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I bet you're real proud of that platinum trophy for completing Life of Black Tiger LOL.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29936 Posts

In any contest involving Xbox and PlayStation, PlayStation wins hands down.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14713 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I bet you're real proud of that platinum trophy for completing Life of Black Tiger LOL.

Not as proud as you were for getting every achievement in Fighter Within 😊

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11424 Posts

I don't care much about the differences between them, but I like the idea of a platinum trophy. I am not really a trophy hunter but if there's a game I like, then doing the trophies is a bonus to extend the replay value to me.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 2208 Posts

@Pedro said:

I can't say that I care either way. I am more a fan of MS Reward points.

same here about not caring and MS Rewards ... MS Rewards paid for a good portion of my XSX 😁

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 I_P_Daily

@NathanDrakeSwag: Haven't played that one but thanks for confirming you played and finished Life of Black Tiger.

I bet you got the platinum trophies from Hanna Montana & My Horse & Me 2 🤣🤣🤣

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 I_P_Daily

The funny thing about cows voting for trophies is that Sony copied directly from MS achievements, so you're essentially voting for achievements 🤣🤣🤣

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ProtossRushX

@i_p_daily said:

The funny thing about cows voting for trophies is that Sony copied directly from MS achievements, so you're essentially voting for achievements 🤣🤣🤣

Dude thats the thing companies are supposed to steal idea's from each other and improve on them.

We have a situation here where sony took the xbox achievements idea made it better with trophies and now microsoft hasn't done crap update their point system or anything and is just stagnating.

They got rid of all the stuff that made 360 great the xbox live arcade the little avatar guy you make everything took a back seat for xb1 which was trash windows 8 garbo. Achievements weren't even popping for me when i played halo mcc the achievement system got moved into its own app so it was the same as the 360's ones popping it was a horrible friggin experience i hate my xb1 and i love my trophies way more now.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 I_P_Daily

@ProtossRushX said:
@i_p_daily said:

Dude thats the thing companies are supposed to steal idea's from each other and improve on them.

We have a situation here where sony took the xbox achievements idea made it better with trophies and now microsoft hasn't done crap update their point system or anything and is just stagnating.

They got rid of all the stuff that made 360 great the xbox live arcade the little avatar guy you make everything took a back seat for xb1 which was trash windows 8 garbo. Achievements weren't even popping for me when i played halo mcc the achievement system got moved into its own app so it was the same as the 360's ones popping it was a horrible friggin experience i hate my xb1 and i love my trophies way more now.

You know why the achievements didn't pop on MCC? its because you don't own an Xbox, as you can't provide your GT to prove what your saying. Everyone knows you're a fakeboy with fake outrage.

So lies, lies & more lies.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2444 Posts

Don't care much about both. What is this MS Rewards though? Their trophy system rewards you almost real money??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@rzxv04 said:

Don't care much about both. What is this MS Rewards though? Their trophy system rewards you almost real money??

You earn points for completing certain tasks. These points can be redeemed for Xbox store gift cards.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VFighter  Online
Member since 2016 • 8156 Posts

I like trophies more just because of the platinum trophy you can earn, but both can be fun if you're into the game.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6772 Posts

Getting achievements that give you reward points is a clever idea. Makes you try games you otherwise wouldn’t bother with....never heard of subnautica until a reward was offered for an achievement. Downloaded it through GP and haven’t stopped playing since.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts

tbh not a big deal either way, I think the trophy system is somewhat more visible which is a plus, ultimately I am only going to look at 1000/1000 or platinum-ing a game if I enjoy the game to begin with, the presence or absence of a Trophy system does not alter my fundamental view of any given title, so it's a nice bonus feature but one system or the other there is little difference, the use of plat trophys makes it a little quicker to determine how many titles have been 100%'d which is the only tiny advantage I can see for that system.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 947 Posts

In the early days of PSN you could traid trophies for store credit. They got rid of system really quickly however.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sealionact

@rzxv04: Something like 10000 points gets you a month of game pass ultimate. Play 3 different gp titles in a day, get a daily reward. Get 3 daily rewards, get a weekly reward and so on.

Use bing as your search engine for points and they begin to rack up to the point that you can get game pass, Xbox live, eaplay, xcloud, game pass for pc and games with gold without paying a cent.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sealionact

@ProtossRushX: Which trophies do you love? Just asking since you haven’t touched your PS4 since 2019, and you only get them if you actually play and play online.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4994 Posts

I like trophies but I prefer the sound when achievements pop especially the rare ones.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19602 Posts

I like the Trophy system / leveling of PlayStation just fine , but the Platinums I decide to go for kick it up a notch. It's mainly all about the plats.

Some of my Platinums -

• Uncharted 2 , Uncharted 4 , Uncharted The Lost Legacy , Uncharted Remastered , Uncharted 2 Remastered , Uncharted 3 Remastered
  • God of War Ascension , God of War (2018) , God of War III Remastered
  • Killzone 3 , Killzone Shadow Fall
  • inFAMOUS Second Son , inFAMOUS First Light
  • Spider-Man (2018) , Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus , Ratchet & Clank (2016)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered , Gravity Rush 2
  • Knack , Knack 2
  • Resistance 3
  • MAG
  • Bloodborne
  • The Order 1886
  • Until Dawn
  • Resogun
  • Sound Shapes
  • Days Gone
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Concrete Genie
  • MediEvil Remake
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Shadow of the Colossus Remake
brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 2

#47 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4781 Posts

Really don’t care/mind about gamerscore tbh. I’ve had about a have dozen accounts with Xbox over the years,because of different reasons? Never stayed with the same account. I guess my gamerscore would be a lot higher if I’d been with a single username/account?

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1967 Posts

Trophies seemed more balanced. There was a lot of broken or unbalanced achievements on xbox

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4161 Posts

I have no idea of my trophy count or gamer score. Both are dumb

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Archangel3371

The only thing that irks me about Achievements is when developers put in ones that are like worth 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, etc. Please keep them divisible by 5. Thank you. 😅