XBOX 360 V2 With HDMI & 120Gb HHD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kinobee
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

That's what I'm talking about. Will play my ps2 until this baby comes out :D

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/06/zephyrs-hdmi-port-and-new-hana-scaler-up-close-and-personal/

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
This got shot down awhile ago. Not happening for the foreseeable future
Reset7Machines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Reset7Machines
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
Does Microsoft care about its fanboys AT ALL?
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
not going to happen.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Does Microsoft care about its fanboys AT ALL? Reset7Machines
Seriously. I don't want to sound mean, but I'm tired of your posts already. Make sure your info is either factual, or at least engaging. I'm saying this because of your post count (and what I remember it being earlier today...).
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

What part of "This rumor was shot down" did you not understand? :?

kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kinobee

This got shot down awhile ago. Not happening for the foreseeable futureSpaceMatt

Really !!!! Don't believe you. Where is the proof ?

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SpaceMatt
It was originally rumored to be announced at CES a few weeks ago. Obviously, it didn't happen. I'll edit this post with a link in a couple of minutes (looking now)
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#9 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
This rumor has been largely debunked...although the large hard drive will probably make it onto store shelves by the end of this year.
SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpaceMatt

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163965.html

GS: What can you tell us about the HDMI-enabled Xbox 360 rumors that have been going around?

CS: We're always working on prototypes and new technologies and just playing with stuff in Redmond to see what's interesting. I think at the moment we have the widest available connections on the system. If you want to get great HD, I think we've got a good solution for that. In the future it's interesting to see where standards evolve to. I think one of the problems that the whole industry, us and entertainment, are facing at the moment is we're in this world where standards are evolving very quickly.

We have different high-definition standards for discs that we know are competing at the moment. We think HD-DVD is going to be the right way to go, but really it's all about choice in that system so that's why we're offering these sort of services with downloads--skip that whole "format wars" problem. With other standards, audiovideo standards, they're evolving very quickly as well. We're obviously keeping an eye on that and saying, "What are the future standards and how do we give consumers the right choice for that?"

At the moment, everything you might have seen is just looking at our experimentation back in Redmond, not really a product that we're thinking about announcing.

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

GS: What can you tell us about the HDMI-enabled Xbox 360 rumors that have been going around?

CS: We're always working on prototypes and new technologies and just playing with stuff in Redmond to see what's interesting. I think at the moment we have the widest available connections on the system. If you want to get great HD, I think we've got a good solution for that. In the future it's interesting to see where standards evolve to. I think one of the problems that the whole industry, us and entertainment, are facing at the moment is we're in this world where standards are evolving very quickly.

We have different high-definition standards for discs that we know are competing at the moment. We think HD-DVD is going to be the right way to go, but really it's all about choice in that system so that's why we're offering these sort of services with downloads--skip that whole "format wars" problem. With other standards, audiovideo standards, they're evolving very quickly as well. We're obviously keeping an eye on that and saying, "What are the future standards and how do we give consumers the right choice for that?"

At the moment, everything you might have seen is just looking at our experimentation back in Redmond, not really a product that we're thinking about announcing.

SpaceMatt
Said the same thing with the HD-DVD Drive and Zune. I expect to see it this fall.
kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kinobee

This rumor has been largely debunked...although the large hard drive will probably make it onto store shelves by the end of this year.masterpinky2000

I want proof of all your say. I saw the thing, and believe that it's going to be out sooner or later. In the mean time I will be waiting like a sniper in enemy territory.

beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts

SpaceMatt

they are experimenting so im guessin that its not the final product they are goin to releasing...it never said there wasnt goin to be one in the future..isnt microosft plannin to make a new versiion of the 360 so iptv feature can work on it? and a cooling ship..
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 musicalmac  Moderator
In all honesty, it doesn't really change much. This "upgrade" isn't going to matter a whole lot. The best way to play games is in their native format, which on the 360 is 720p. It works great for games, and is going to be the standard for quite some time. The only reason you would need a huge hard drive is if you're going to store media on the 360, and it's just not a good idea. Stream it from your PC (or in my case Mac- yes it works really well!).
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
Well it's already been confirmed by MS that it's not going to happen, though they are releasing a 100GB hard drive this year or something.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4874 Posts
It will happen, but M$ doesnt want to discourage potential customers from purchasing the console now.
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
It will happen, but M$ doesnt want to discourage potential customers from purchasing the console now.lhughey

anyone who wants to buy the 360 should wait till microsoft fix the bugs..
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts
Im doubting it, and even then 60GB is pretty damn pointless.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 musicalmac  Moderator
Im doubting it, and even then 60GB is pretty **** pointless.Leejjohno
I agree.
kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kinobee

I saw it, I saw the new Hana ship, the thing is coming out. Just wait and see. Rejoy my friends....rejoy. In the mean time let me get out of work and go play FF 12 on my belove soon to be RIP PS2.

Reset7Machines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Reset7Machines
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
Serious Serious Milkage if this happens. And just when we thought HD-DVD and $50 yr online was bad.
kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kinobee

SpaceMatt
You know the thing is coming out. You know it. Stop lying to yourself.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 musicalmac  Moderator
Am I talking to a brick wall? It's not going to change much. 20 gigs of hard drive space is plenty. HDMI isn't going to do much for you either. Understand this.
TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts

I'm not worried about it.

It very well might come out, but if MS has a brain of any sort, they'll offer some kind of "trade in" deal where you give them your old 360 and MAYBE a small amount of money and you'll get the new one.

Otherwise, fans will be irate, and they'll lose all the support they've gained so far. It took a while for MS to break into the market as well as it has.... All it needs is one hard, solid punch to the face of the consumers to lose it all.

They'll be smart about it, if it happens.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Leejjohno

Am I talking to a brick wall? It's not going to change much. 20 gigs of hard drive space is plenty. HDMI isn't going to do much for you either. Understand this.musicalmac

20 gigs to 120 gigs is quite a difference, but.... I agree that HDMI on the 360 would be pointless, especially when  it already has games out.

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
[QUOTE="lhughey"]It will happen, but M$ doesnt want to discourage potential customers from purchasing the console now.beyondgamez

anyone who wants to buy the 360 should wait till microsoft fix the bugs..

What bugs?
Serious Serious Milkage if this happens. And just when we thought HD-DVD and $50 yr online was bad.Reset7Machines
How is HD-DVD milkage in comparison to blu ray. You realize blu ray is forced upon you? You realize HD-DVD is a choice? You realize tons of xbox owners are willing to pay for a quality online service. Take WoW for example, those 6? 7? million fanatics are willing to shell out 15 dollars for ONE quality game.. Unlike PS3's still developing online.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Am I talking to a brick wall? It's not going to change much. 20 gigs of hard drive space is plenty. HDMI isn't going to do much for you either. Understand this.Leejjohno

20 gigs to 120 gigs is quite a difference, but.... I agree that HDMI on the 360 would be pointless, especially when  it already has games out.

What are you using those 120 gigs for? The 20 gig drive is plenty of space for bunches of demos and near infinite saved games.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Am I talking to a brick wall? It's not going to change much. 20 gigs of hard drive space is plenty. HDMI isn't going to do much for you either. Understand this.musicalmac

20 gigs to 120 gigs is quite a difference, but.... I agree that HDMI on the 360 would be pointless, especially when it already has games out.

What are you using those 120 gigs for? The 20 gig drive is plenty of space for bunches of demos and near infinite saved games.

I'm actually also curious as to why anyone would need 120 GB.. This is a console, not a PC, It's most likely impossible to even fill up that much space (unless you put thousands and thousands of CD's on it)
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
[QUOTE="SpaceMatt"]

kinobee

No its not, whos gona buy it? no one... the 360 has done terribly over the year compared to PS2s launch, which reached nearly 30 million within the first year and a half. being a very similar price.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Leejjohno
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Am I talking to a brick wall? It's not going to change much. 20 gigs of hard drive space is plenty. HDMI isn't going to do much for you either. Understand this.musicalmac

Nothing for me. Its just that it's one extreme to the other - just for the sake of doubling competition's highest standard. Saying 120 gigs is useless isn't quite right though. If you like trailers and videos it can be atleast partially helpful but I'm talking from a general point of view; I'll just stick to 20 gigs.

Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
thats fanboy talk as well as urself, but its not gona be released, a second console launched along side the original 360 in under 2 years? heh, desperation
TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
[QUOTE="kinobee"][QUOTE="SpaceMatt"]

Alyxm1

No its not, whos gona buy it? no one... the 360 has done terribly over the year compared to PS2s launch, which reached nearly 30 million within the first year and a half. being a very similar price.

LOL. Why compare the 360 to the ps3? Because the ps3 has done horrible compared to 360? And even if the PS3 and 360 are comparable.... Which one is better? With proof of quality, not sales. All that hype.... man... and I thought ps3 was going outsell 360 in 2 days, make 4d graphics , and do all my laundry while curing aids in africa. It can't even get an AAA game, or match a 360 multiplatform.
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
360 will never have a HDMI output until stand alone HDDVD Players support it, which they dont yet!
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

360 will never have a HDMI output until stand alone HDDVD Players support it, which they dont yet!carl2tan

Yes they do. :|

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/dvd/product.asp?model=hd-xa1

"HD Content Output via HDMI (Disc Native Resolution)"

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
360 will never have a HDMI output until stand alone HDDVD Players support it, which they dont yet!carl2tan
Your confusing HDMI with 1080p. Early HD-DVD players and some current ones did not support 1080p but they all had HDMI outputs.
ChocolatePimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChocolatePimp
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

They care about them,just as much as sony cares about you guys and girls......think about that

carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
carl2tan has commited suicide.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 musicalmac  Moderator
HDMI is not important on a 360. I don't know why people don't realize the VGA cables will give you true 1080p HD capability. HDMI is not the be-all/end-all of HDTV and 1080p. Plus, have you heard of the blinking problem on the PS3? If now, check this out: http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/technology_news/4212161.html Thank goodness for VGA. Stick with that (and 720p).
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
wow a whole 120gb :lol: I can get 400gb on pc for the same price as the tiny 20gb on x360 :lol:
OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
wait hold up so 1080p is bad!!!! i got no vga input and i wanna see some 1080p s--- and the only way i can get it is through 1080p.so the whole 1080p on 360 is all propaganda to let people know that the ps3 its not the only one that can do it.
OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
i meant the only way i can see it is through HDMI
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/06/zephyrs-hdmi-port-and-new-hana-scaler-up-close-and-personal/

kinobee
This rumor has been around awhile.... Geez, (it would be interesting) I want to see it happen sooner (like in 2007 or 2008) rather than later. Then the flames of hell from all the current 360 fanboys will rise up with their middle fingers.
kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kinobee
[QUOTE="kinobee"]

gamenux
This rumor has been around awhile.... Geez, (it would be interesting) I want to see it happen sooner (like in 2007 or 2008) rather than later. Then the flames of hell from all the current 360 fanboys will rise up with their middle fingers.

Yes zir :)
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
Didn't we already kill this rumour weeks ago?
kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kinobee

Told you it was going to happen. check this link :D

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25366530

Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts

kinobee
Why would he cover up the manfacture date?
kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kinobee
This got shot down awhile ago. Not happening for the foreseeable futureSpaceMatt
Not happening you said huh http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;img;0 BOOYAH
kinobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kinobee

[QUOTE="SpaceMatt"]This got shot down awhile ago. Not happening for the foreseeable futurekinobee
Not happening you said huh http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;img;0 BOOYAH

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;img;0

Did I say....BOOYAH ???

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
not going to happen.TrueReligion_
Wow...I got owned.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]not going to happen.TrueReligion_
Wow...I got owned.

It's alright. I think a lot of Xbox360 owners were hoping or wishing it didn't happen. (I'm one of them) Of course, now that it is out, I find myself wanting one really badly and will most likely plunk down the dough to do so even though I know it's milkage.