Xbox 360 slim vs. Playstation 3 slim

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dustinbarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dustinbarnes
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

I'm goin to start by saying i'm not a fanboy. After spending about a week reading threads and going to various websites to figure out which console is dominate I have unfortunatley concluded that both consoles are equally matched. They both have great features, its just all about which console you prefer. I'm not happy to say theres not a dominate console because now I have no idea which to buy, I love them both!

Playstation has a stronger and more diverse franchise library especailly for 2011(I did not say better, thats all based on opinion)

Playstation network is free

Playstation has built-in Blue-ray which gives you a better value

Playstation has a built-in web browser

Playstation home is not a place i'll be spending my time (I know I said biased, but Ithink just abouteveryone will agree)

Playstation has a slight advandage in graphics, and has been proved on 3rd party titles, but when it comes to exclusives Sony really flexs its technical mustle in the graphics department

Playstation has a smaller hard drive

Playstation has built-in Wi-Fi

Playstations Bluetooth capability allows you connect many 3rd party accessories

Playstation has software that makes it 3D ready for games and movies

Playstation has Netflix yet so forgive me if I forgot to add that to the list)

Xbox 360 has a more developed online service with options on what you want to do

Xbox 360 has a deeper and more diverse library when it comes to downloadable games from the past and it continues to release popular new exlusives like Limbo

Xbox 360 is backwards compatable

Xbox 360 slim seems to be favored in its design but thats also based on opinion

Xbox 360 now has Wi-Fi as well

Xbox 360 has Facebook, Twitter, and more

I think that considering what both consoles bring to the table they are tied. Imo (and its the only one your gonna get out of my thread) its all about which consoles operating system (Xbox 360 wins by default), design (opinion), exclusives (opinion), downloadable content (opinion) and controller (opinion)that you prefer.

This is SW so i'm expecting alot of opinions, and please forgive me if I forgot to add something to either of the systems (which are both amazing!) just feel free to quote and add whatever I missed!

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts
Thats a good list there, and yes the 360 slim offers alot but the ps3 slim just has a bigger bang to it.. my opinion of course. i only have the elite xbox
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Don't you mean unbiased? Am I missing something here? :O If I didn't have both of them already (older models) I wouldn't know which one to get.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
PS3 is best for playing by yourself 360 when your playing with others
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
You mention netflix for PS3 but not for 360? Also they have roughly the same sized hardrives now.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

turns out they are the exact same piece of hardware, but the sony and MS execs don't want you to know that. They prefer to throw enticing words like exclusives to convince you to buy their product over the competitors when they are selling the exact same thing

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#7 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

I have both console, but I bought the ps3 much earlier than the xbox. I bought the ps3 in 2008 and the xbox in late 2009.

they're great console and I can't miss any game that comes out in either one of them. When I bought the xbox 360, I was ready to pay 60$ to play online only to find that I can't get online because it doesn't have servers for my country and I couldn''t play online, so my xbox now is for single-campaign games like Dead Space, Batman, Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake... and those kind of games.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
WHAT?..... I can check my facebook and twitty with My PS3 slim.... har har har har
BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BillyLee912
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts
By The Way Xbox 360 is not full Backward compatible It only plays a few games because my brother has a pile of Xbox games he cannot play on his 360. PS3 Slim however as it does not currently and I stress currently play PS2 Games however it does play PlayStation one games. Just wanted to point that out. Between the two I would have to pick the PS3 Slim even though I own a 60GB model with full backward compatibility, because of the Blue Ray that is why I pick the PS3 Slim. But like the guy said it all depends on what you like as a gamer. Or you just get both and have the best of both worlds. GOD bless and Happy Gaming!!
I-Doomzday-I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 I-Doomzday-I
Member since 2011 • 100 Posts

I don't get it..what are we supposed to discuss/debate? Also, I'm assuming English is not your primary language due to grammatical and spelling errors.

PS: Please change the font. Size 40 and bold looks really bad..

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
By The Way Xbox 360 is not full Backward compatible It only plays a few games because my brother has a pile of Xbox games he cannot play on his 360. PS3 Slim however as it does not currently and I stress currently play PS2 Games however it does play PlayStation one games. Just wanted to point that out. Between the two I would have to pick the PS3 Slim even though I own a 60GB model with full backward compatibility, because of the Blue Ray that is why I pick the PS3 Slim. But like the guy said it all depends on what you like as a gamer. Or you just get both and have the best of both worlds. GOD bless and Happy Gaming!!BillyLee912
True. But only a FEW games? More like over 300 original Xbox titles. It's better than NO PS2 games. That's why I had to have a BC PS3 with my 360.
BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BillyLee912

[QUOTE="BillyLee912"]By The Way Xbox 360 is not full Backward compatible It only plays a few games because my brother has a pile of Xbox games he cannot play on his 360. PS3 Slim however as it does not currently and I stress currently play PS2 Games however it does play PlayStation one games. Just wanted to point that out. Between the two I would have to pick the PS3 Slim even though I own a 60GB model with full backward compatibility, because of the Blue Ray that is why I pick the PS3 Slim. But like the guy said it all depends on what you like as a gamer. Or you just get both and have the best of both worlds. GOD bless and Happy Gaming!!cainetao11
True. But only a FEW games? More like over 300 original Xbox titles. It's better than NO PS2 games. That's why I had to have a BC PS3 with my 360.

What 300 games that is a lie!!! For example Here are some examples of games not compatible Mortal Kombat Shalion Monks, Jade Empire, Scarface, The list goes on and on my friend. Like I said before It is whatever system you like the best. And besides just about everyone I know owns a PS2.

colganraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 colganraz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

Playstation network is free - yes which is all good but it's not as good as XBL, I still feel ripped off however for paying for XBL

Playstation has built-in Blue-ray - very major selling point, I hands down agree ps3 rules with this

Playstation has a slight advandage in graphics, and has been proved on 3rd party titles, but when it comes to exclusives Sony really flexs its technical mustle in the graphics department - I can't fully agree with this, both are v. good graphically but I dont think ANYBODY could say 100% that 1 is better than the other.

Playstation has software that makes it 3D ready for games and movies - so does xbox

i would like 2 add,

I like the xbox controller better than the ps3 controller, i find ps3's controller is very small and not as comfortable.

I think 360 Kinect is better than ps3 move

ps3 is very bulky

i like that the ps3 has no disc tray

I have more respect for Sony than Microsoft

ps3 has ALOT better build quality and is more reliable

^^^^ this is my OPINION, i both are excellent consoles

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
i thought this was going to comapre the slim vs slim on a hardware basis, in which case i think the 360 slim is a more worthy redesign, with wifi, kinect port, smaller design. i know the ps3 slim offers more on a hardware basis for new customers, but i would prefer the original ps3 over the slim, as i prefer the design.
Avatar image for SuprmanLuvHandl
SuprmanLuvHandl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SuprmanLuvHandl
Member since 2010 • 989 Posts

wait so this thread is just xbox vs ps3...but in terms of slim vs slim, I'd say the 360 slim is a bigger improvement over the PS3 slim. The 360 slim has improved design, quieter fan, built in wifi, less energy, etc. The ps3 version is basically PS3 fat but in a smaller package (because the PS3 already came with quiet fans/built in wifi,etc. but imo the fat looks better than slim version)

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

neither are really "slim". they just losta few pounds

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="BillyLee912"]By The Way Xbox 360 is not full Backward compatible It only plays a few games because my brother has a pile of Xbox games he cannot play on his 360. PS3 Slim however as it does not currently and I stress currently play PS2 Games however it does play PlayStation one games. Just wanted to point that out. Between the two I would have to pick the PS3 Slim even though I own a 60GB model with full backward compatibility, because of the Blue Ray that is why I pick the PS3 Slim. But like the guy said it all depends on what you like as a gamer. Or you just get both and have the best of both worlds. GOD bless and Happy Gaming!!BillyLee912

What 300 games that is a lie!!! For example Here are some examples of games not compatible Mortal Kombat Shalion Monks, Jade Empire, Scarface, The list goes on and on my friend. Like I said before It is whatever system you like the best. And besides just about everyone I know owns a PS2.

no, you're wrong. jade empire plays on the 360, i know this because i've actually played it on my 360. i believe you can play scarface too. your brother must not know what the hell he is doing.

here's a list of BC games for the 360:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="BillyLee912"]

[QUOTE="cainetao11"] True. But only a FEW games? More like over 300 original Xbox titles. It's better than NO PS2 games. That's why I had to have a BC PS3 with my 360.lazerface216

no, you're wrong. jade empire plays on the 360, i know this because i've actually played it on my 360. i believe you can play scarface too. your brother must not know what the hell he is doing.

agreed, Jade Empire plays on the 360 just fine

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Best improvement: 360 slim.

Best overall: ps3 slim (web browser + bluray player)

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mejiseike
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

As a piece of technology... the PS3 wins hands down

thats what your asking right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
Aren't the PS3 slims backwards compatible with something like 80% of PS1 titles?
BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BillyLee912

[QUOTE="BillyLee912"]

[QUOTE="cainetao11"] True. But only a FEW games? More like over 300 original Xbox titles. It's better than NO PS2 games. That's why I had to have a BC PS3 with my 360.lazerface216

here's a list of BC games for the 360: My bad I guess they have upgraded that list a lot in the past year or so because none of that worked back when we both tried it. Thanks for the 411 Lazerface 216. But you have to agree with me I don't know anyone who does not own a PS2. Also it still plays PS One games. It is all up to the gamer it depends what you prefer. My opinion after playing both the PS3 slim is the better deal.

BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BillyLee912

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="BillyLee912"] What 300 games that is a lie!!! For example Here are some examples of games not compatible Mortal Kombat Shalion Monks, Jade Empire, Scarface, The list goes on and on my friend. Like I said before It is whatever system you like the best. And besides just about everyone I know owns a PS2.

BillyLee912

My bad I guess they have upgraded that list a lot in the past year or so because none of that worked back when we both tried it. Thanks for the 411 Lazerface 216. But you have to agree with me I don't know anyone who does not own a PS2. Also it still plays PS One games. It is all up to the gamer it depends what you prefer. My opinion after playing both the PS3 slim is the better deal.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Aren't the PS3 slims backwards compatible with something like 80% of PS1 titles?hoosier7
All ps1 games work. No ps2 titles work.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44656 Posts
I care for neither, I've a Phat BC capable PS3 that plays PS2 games and I've a Xbox 360 with the Jasper chipset, and the next Xbox 360's look kind of ugly, so I've got what I want
LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

As a piece of technology... the PS3 wins hands down

thats what your asking right?

mejiseike

I would agree with you there.

The ps3 is the better piece of hardware but gets crappy support while the 360 gets better support but is crappy hardware. It's not surprising when you consider what the two companies are famous for. But I'm not getting another console until they join forces and sell a machine thats both well build AND gets good support. For the amount of money they ask of us, I don't think that's too much to ask for.