XBOX 360 sells 75.9M units!

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Your really hurting over this aren't you?Sir-I_exCalibur

-youre.jpg

1267668402090.gif?w=477&h=362

I'm assuming that confusing "your" and "you're" is the equivalent of having bags thrown in your face.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

-youre.jpg

lundy86_4

1267668402090.gif?w=477&h=362

I'm assuming that confusing "your" and "you're" is the equivalent of having bags thrown in your face.

whatever happened to the old "you are"? :P
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
microsoft next tactic ........ Black Friday part 2
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 lundy86_4

microsoft next tactic ........ Black Friday part 2hippiesanta

Sony's next tactic: "We can't keep up with Black Friday or the Holidays in the US :cry:"

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

OMG System Wars logic at its finest.

Sony : we project that we will have shipped 77 million units by *insert date here*.

Sony Fanboy hears: we sold 77 million!

Sony Fanboy responds: ERMAHGURD!KJAF"AJ"GKAJGF{'pjioePGJA"DEKGFHAIFEJA"GOMKADS"V:LJMAFG":JEAAE"PJAFPA FMA WE WIN KEJ:FIJQEGIF{AIGJA"DGJ":QOJAEP"QGPANEGNJ"AGJ"EGN!

fvck you people are stupid.

CanYouDiglt
So true and funny but even worse the projected number did not even come from Sony. They just heard some random company say it and it was enough fact for them.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

for the people that keep pointing out that RROD inflated sales, I'd like to point out that likely the ps3 server farms increased sales on the ps3 even further for completley non gaming use.

PS3serv.jpg

2f183cc70b5c72ed44a14744184f9bb1.jpg

ps3-super.jpg

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]microsoft next tactic ........ Black Friday part 2lundy86_4

Sony's next tactic: "We can't keep up with Black Friday or the Holidays in the US :cry:"

sony don't have to rely on american sales and hope for RROD 0r Scratch DVDs for consumers to buy same product multiple times
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]microsoft next tactic ........ Black Friday part 2hippiesanta

sony don't have to rely on american sales and hope for RROD 0r Scratch DVDs for consumers to buy same product multiple times

Neither do MS. 

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Doesn't Sony report PS3+PS2 nowadays?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lundy86_4

SuperFlakeman

Yes. Combined since Q2 FY2012, though I could be mistaken.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

lundy86_4

Then we won't have 100% firm PS3 numbers.

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

z219422417.gif
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 lundy86_4

Then we won't have 100% firm PS3 numbers.

SuperFlakeman

Nope. However, I believe Sony has officially discontinued shipments of the PS2... Though I could be mistaken. I though I saw something on it.

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Sir-I_exCalibur

z219422417.gif

Yup. It's been shown numerous times on this forum.

Here.

PS3 lifetime sales have been impossible to specifically calculate since Sony started lumping PS3 and PS2 sales together in April. As of March 2012 the specific global total was 63.9 million. In the six months since, PS3 and PS2 have combined to sell 6.3 million units. Microsoft announced a new global Xbox 360 total of 70 million in October.

Eurogamer

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

Congrats to the XBOX360... They fought smart to get here.  Hope they dig up some magic for next gen.  I want to be wowed by someone... I'm still waiting.

Sir-I_exCalibur

1276566708427.gif?w=375&h=300

I actually kind of liked that movie.

Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Sir-I_exCalibur

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

z219422417.gif

Yup. It's been shown numerous times on this forum.

Eurogamer reporting Sony sales

tumblr_m9196cI9Aq1rq0hnm.gif

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 lundy86_4

Eurogamer reporting Sony sales tumblr_m9196cI9Aq1rq0hnm.gifSir-I_exCalibur

If you don't like Eurogamer, then look at Sony's presentation slides. Page 13, "Computer Entertainment System (PS3/PS2)" shipment figures.

Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Sir-I_exCalibur

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Eurogamer reporting Sony sales tumblr_m9196cI9Aq1rq0hnm.giflundy86_4

If you don't like Eurogamer, then look at Sony's presentation slides. Page 13, "Computer Entertainment System (PS3/PS2)" shipment figures.

z219422401.gif

If you read the small writing at the end of the document, on page 21, it states:

"Statements made in this presentation with respect to Sonys current plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs and other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements about the future performance of Sony. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those statements using words such as believe, expect, plans, strategy, prospects, forecast, estimate, project, anticipate, aim, intend, seek, may, might, could or should, and words of similar meaning in connection with a discussion of future operations, financial performance, events or conditions."

Which is the wording used in the chart your referring to.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

And the PS3 wins right before the end of the gen, brilliant. 

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 lundy86_4

z219422401.gif

If you read the small writing at the end of the document, on page 21, it states:

"Statements made in this presentation with respect to Sonys current plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs and other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements about the future performance of Sony. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those statements using words such as believe, expect, plans, strategy, prospects, forecast, estimate, project, anticipate, aim, intend, seek, may, might, could or should, and words of similar meaning in connection with a discussion of future operations, financial performance, events or conditions."

Sir-I_exCalibur

1. You realize that the statement doesn't negate the fact that the figures are combined, right?
  2. Those figures are their shipped units, as these are their Q2 financials, meaning the Q2 figures are current (it`s released at the end of their Q2 period) and the prior quarters are already accounted for.

You really need to smarten up.

----

Your point doesn`t refute the fact that the shipped numbers were combined for a period, or that those figures are their shipped figures, as in they have already been shipped... As in they are `historical facts`.

Good God.

Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Sir-I_exCalibur

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]

z219422401.gif

lundy86_4

1. You realize that the statement doesn't negate the fact that the figures are combined, right?
  2. Those figures are their shipped units, as these are their Q2 financials, meaning the Q2 figures are current (it`s released at the end of their Q2 period) and the prior quarters are already accounted for.

You really need to smarten up.

----

Your point doesn`t refute the fact that the shipped numbers were combined for a period, or that those figures are their shipped figures, as in they have already been shipped... As in they are `historical facts`.

Good God.

z219422435.gif

So let me get this straight, the document specifically says they are not "historical facts", but you, referring to the same document for the figures, say they are.

Gotcha.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 lundy86_4

z219422435.gif

So let me get this straight, the document specifically says they are not "historical facts", but you, referring to the same document for the figures, say they are.

Gotcha.

Sir-I_exCalibur

The document says ""Statements made in this presentation with respect to Sonys current plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs and other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements".

Key words are "that are not historical facts", meaning information within the financial statements are historical facts. Do you know what quarterly statements are? Do you understand the English language?

They are reporting their quarterly information. Stop trying to troll. It's pathetic that your English skills are so lacking.

----

Furthermore, it doesn't detract from the initial point, which was that Sony combined PS2 and PS3 shipment figures from around April of last year.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 lundy86_4

I think exCalibur is a little confused here :?

Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Sir-I_exCalibur

z219422435.gif

Gotcha.

lundy86_4

The document says ""Statements made in this presentation with respect to Sonys current plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs and other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements".

Key words are "that are not historical facts", meaning information within the financial statements are historical facts. Do you know what quarterly statements are? Do you understand the English language?

z219422154.gif

Why cut the rest of the quote? Here is the full quote once again:

"Statements made in this presentation with respect to Sonys current plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs and other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements about the future performance of Sony.

Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those statements using words such as believe, expect, plans, strategy, prospects, forecast, estimate, project, anticipate, aim, intend, seek, may, might, could or should, and words of similar meaning in connection with a discussion of future operations, financial performance, events or conditions."

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 lundy86_4

z219422154.gif

"Statements made in this presentation with respect to Sonys current plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs and other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements about the future performance of Sony.

Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those statements using words such as believe, expect, plans, strategy, prospects, forecast, estimate, project, anticipate, aim, intend, seek, may, might, could or should, and words of similar meaning in connection with a discussion of future operations, financial performance, events or conditions."

Sir-I_exCalibur

The rest of the quote was redundant and superfluous. The second paragraph describes one aspect of the first paragraph -- forward looking statements. Thus it isn't necessary. Furthermore, the only aspect of those paragraphs that are relevent, are these words "that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements".

What they are conveying is historical data. They are units that have been shipped, prior to the release of the quarterly report.

----

It's clear you either lack the intelligence to understand, or that you are trying your hardest to troll, and look completely stupid.

Regardless, none of this contradicts the fact that Sony has been combining their PS3/PS2 figures since April of last year.

----

Now, any further questions you may have, have likely been summed up in one of my prior posts. Reading over what you quoted, repeatedly, and trying to understand, may help you drastically improve your comprehension.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

lol fighting for second

Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Sir-I_exCalibur
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

z219422154.gif

The rest of the quote was redundant and superfluous.

What they are conveying is historical data. They are units that have been shipped, prior to the release of the quarterly report.

----

It's clear you either lack the intelligence to understand, or that you are trying your hardest to troll, and look completely stupid.

Regardless, none of this contradicts the fact that Sony has been combining their PS3/PS2 figures since April of last year.

m210810613.gif
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lundy86_4

m210810613.gifSir-I_exCalibur

Yep, exactly. Such a bad troll attempt.

Good trolls have finesse. You simply showed the inability to comprehend what you were reading.

Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Sir-I_exCalibur

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] m210810613.giflundy86_4

Yep, exactly. Such a bad troll attempt.

Good trolls have finesse. You simply showed the inability to comprehend what you were reading.

z219422138.gif