Xbox 360 research Paper

This topic is locked from further discussion.

verde622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 verde622
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
I'm am writing a research paper for my English final about how the 360 is better than the PS3. What are some talking points I should use.
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 accameron
Member since 2004 • 1521 Posts
are you freaking kidding me?
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

I'm am writing a research paper for my English final about how the 360 is better than the PS3. What are some talking points I should use.verde622

You should use these exclusive features: three red lights, disc scratching, and general hardware failure (caused by either standing the 360 vertically or overheating). You should also note that no other console compares to the rate of failure for the Xbox 360! Awesome!

You should also mention awesome features like 3 arbitrary and unnecessary SKUs, overpriced hard drives, a non-standard hard drive (which developers like Rockstar LOVE), a relatively heavy controller, a lack of Wi-Fi (which is totally overrated and unnecessary, of course), no HD movie format, a limited-capacity DVD drive, a lack of USB ports, and pay-to-play internet gaming ($50 subscription fee FTW!).

Also, the giant external power brick IS TOTALLY AWESOME! 

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts

[QUOTE="verde622"]I'm am writing a research paper for my English final about how the 360 is better than the PS3. What are some talking points I should use.Redfingers

You should use these exclusive features: three red lights, disc scratching, and general hardware failure (caused by either standing the 360 vertically or overheating). You should also note that no other console compares to the rate of failure for the Xbox 360! Awesome!

You should also mention awesome features like 3 arbitrary and unnecessary SKUs, overpriced hard drives, a non-standard hard drive (which developers like Rockstar LOVE), a relatively heavy controller, a lack of Wi-Fi (which is totally overrated and unnecessary, of course), no HD movie format, a limited-capacity DVD drive, a lack of USB ports, and pay-to-play internet gaming ($50 subscription fee FTW!).

how quickly people forget the ps2, and are you making fun of the 360 controller? the best controller out this gen. You get what you pay gor with Live 

Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts
to the guys above me yea 50 dollars for good online not complete garbage.But try the great games better GPU devolper support easier to devolp for and sales
Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

[QUOTE="verde622"]I'm am writing a research paper for my English final about how the 360 is better than the PS3. What are some talking points I should use.Redfingers

Sadly... most of these things are true... I just hope mine doesn't turn out like that 

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

Just list all the games,

Everything else should be self-explanatory. 

Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts
also 3 usbs ports is more then enough i use 2 one to charge the controller while playing one to hook my camera or mp3 player to
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
 Better games, Better price, better graphics, best online system.
danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Weird choice for a report. You know how you're comparing games consoles... why not talk about the games?

Talk about the exclusives, talk about the better graphics and performance of the 360 multiplats, the more comprehensive and integrated online features. The Ridge Racer and Giant Enemy Crab incident should get a chuckle if it's not a serious paper.

Remember to write the report as if the person you were talking to has no idea about games consoles and you need to back up your opinions with facts and sources. Finding decent sources is going to be the hardest part. Stick to big sites like GS, IGN and tech sites like engadget, arstech etc - (Glitchspot cut this bit out)

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
Talk about the future of the two consoles.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

The 360 controller is not the best controller this generation...I'd give that honor to the Wii hands down.

And furthermore, rumble is outdated...the PS3 offers something new and interesting that's being put to use effectively in games like Heavenly Sword, Lair, and Warhawk. The Sixaxis is also light, rechargeable out of the box, and it has an internal battery. The 360 controller is shockingly heavy after playing with the Sixaxis, and has a bulky battery pack on the back.

PSN is not complete garbage. I plug my PS3 in, I connect it to the internet, update it, and play game online. Can you do that? My friend is still holding out on getting Xbox Live because he bought a Core and has to buy the online accessories and pay the $50 annual fee JUST TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE. Yeah, how totally awesome. I really envy him. I also envy his memory card. The core SKU is useless, the extra features for Xbox Live Gold versus PSN are negligible, and Home will destroy it.

PSN=play games online for free. What's to argue? Is that a bad thing? Since when?

Better GPU? Arguable. I've read an article that says that the PS3 has a better GPU. And, according to Brian Hastings from Insomniac, the 360's GPU is "slightly better" than the RSX, but also said that that barely matters at all, due to the massive advantage (also in graphics rendering) that the Cell affords them.

Developer support is also arguable because of Playstation Edge, released earlier this year, which will alleviate most Playstation 3 development difficulties. According to developers, the tools for PS3 are less difficult than PS2 and no more difficult than the competition. That was prior to the release of Playstation Edge. With that toolset, it's either the same thing or even easier than the competition.

So: looks to me, all the 360 has got is sales, and that will change (Final Fantasy, MGS, GT5, GTA, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, NG: S).

If a unified log-in is worth $50 a year, I must be living in the twilight zone. There is no difference between XB Live and PSN. Excepting this: PS3 has a game (Resistance) that can support 40 players online simultaneously without any instance of lag.

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts

The 360 controller is not the best controller this generation...I'd give that honor to the Wii hands down.

And furthermore, rumble is outdated...the PS3 offers something new and interesting that's being put to use effectively in games like Heavenly Sword, Lair, and Warhawk. The Sixaxis is also light, rechargeable out of the box, and it has an internal battery. The 360 controller is shockingly heavy after playing with the Sixaxis, and has a bulky battery pack on the back.

PSN is not complete garbage. I plug my PS3 in, I connect it to the internet, update it, and play game online. Can you do that? My friend is still holding out on getting Xbox Live because he bought a Core and has to buy the online accessories and pay the $50 annual fee JUST TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE. Yeah, how totally awesome. I really envy him. I also envy his memory card. The core SKU is useless, the extra features for Xbox Live Gold versus PSN are negligible, and Home will destroy it.

PSN=play games online for free. What's to argue? Is that a bad thing? Since when?

Better GPU? Arguable. I've read an article that says that the PS3 has a better GPU. And, according to Brian Hastings from Insomniac, the 360's GPU is "slightly better" than the RSX, but also said that that barely matters at all, due to the massive advantage (also in graphics rendering) that the Cell affords them.

Developer support is also arguable because of Playstation Edge, released earlier this year, which will alleviate most Playstation 3 development difficulties. According to developers, the tools for PS3 are less difficult than PS2 and no more difficult than the competition. That was prior to the release of Playstation Edge. With that toolset, it's either the same thing or even easier than the competition.

So: looks to me, all the 360 has got is sales, and that will change (Final Fantasy, MGS, GT5, GTA, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, NG: S).

If a unified log-in is worth $50 a year, I must be living in the twilight zone. There is no difference between XB Live and PSN. Excepting this: PS3 has a game (Resistance) that can support 40 players online simultaneously without any instance of lag.

Redfingers

Haha i hope youre not bringing that rumble is so last gen argument. The only reason sony didnt have rumble is because they were sued by immersion, so sony had to remove rumble and convince people that rumble was teh last gen. And the lack of rumble makes the ps3 controller light and almost flimsy like. Everyone who has touched the ps3 controller keep saying how fragile it feels compared to the 360 controller which fits in your hand comfortably.

And link me to the website that said the ps3 GPU is better then the 360 GPU, cause I hope its not from Sony Protection Group lol. And of course Insomniac will say the ps3 gpu is almost as good its a sony dev team.

So i guess the psn has a unified freinds list, online support for its entire library of games, cross platform gaming?

And just because a game has 40 people online isnt anything new, games like Battlefeild have been doing 64 online for years. And if you ask anyone who has played RFOM online they will say that its very hard to find a 40 man game. 

army-of_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 army-of_one
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts

are you freaking kidding me?accameron

Yeah, for real. I guess some people on these forums are just flat out geeks. no offense though.

verde622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 verde622
I think hat I am going to use this thread as an examble of fanboyism. People got soooo heated sooo quickly.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I realllly reallly hope that its a persuasive essay. Otherwise you're going to get a big fat zero.
blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

I think hat I am going to use this thread as an examble of fanboyism. People got soooo heated sooo quickly.
verde622

Good idea. Explain the life of a fanboy.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

You're sacrasm is unbeatable! HOLY CRAP, MAN!!!

verde622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 verde622

I realllly reallly hope that its a persuasive essay. Otherwise you're going to get a big fat zero.Vandalvideo

Yeah, its persuasive 

MDShaw2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MDShaw2005
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts
[QUOTE="Redfingers"]

ParadiddleFill

Haha i hope youre not bringing that rumble is so last gen argument. The only reason sony didnt have rumble is because they were sued by immersion, so sony had to remove rumble and convince people that rumble was teh last gen. And the lack of rumble makes the ps3 controller light and almost flimsy like. Everyone who has touched the ps3 controller keep saying how fragile it feels compared to the 360 controller which fits in your hand comfortably.

And link me to the website that said the ps3 GPU is better then the 360 GPU, cause I hope its not from Sony Protection Group lol. And of course Insomniac will say the ps3 gpu is almost as good its a sony dev team.

So i guess the psn has a unified freinds list, online support for its entire library of games, cross platform gaming?

And just because a game has 40 people online isnt anything new, games like Battlefeild have been doing 64 online for years. And if you ask anyone who has played RFOM online they will say that its very hard to find a 40 man game. 

The GPU article is on SPG, but contains a link to a discredited youtube video created by a sony fanboy (who, incidentally, can't spell fanboy).
raualex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raualex
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

verde622

Funny how some may see your original post as Fanboyish to,

and you call those who reply in the same manner as fanboys :)  

*edit GS forum hates Opera* 

Exile91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Exile91
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

I'm am writing a research paper for my English final about how the 360 is better than the PS3. What are some talking points I should use.verde622

Why don't you write about why Mind-Body Dualism is BS? Or write a book report on The End of Faith. Or write about why Creationism should/should not be taught in the United States science courses. Or write a paper on the Meme Theory and how it corresponds to evolution.

Seriously - that topic sucks (no offense). I hope you made this thread simply to wrile a few people up and post their opinions on "why teh flopbox sux" or why "teh flopstation sux."

Edit - If you really want to write a research paper on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, write about their cultural impact in the United States or, if you have time, on a global scale. You should probably include all gaming systems in general in order to get a general scope of the topic at hand. Write about how video games in general affected the economy, et cetera.

Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
[QUOTE="Redfingers"]

ParadiddleFill

The PSN does have a unified freinds list, and that's all i really wanted out of it.  Being able to play any game online without having ot have a separate log-in for each game makes things much easier and i can keep track of all players i meet in games, and add them as friends.

Also, cross-platform gaming? What a joke.  The pc side of things always gets nerfed because they have such an advantage in things like FPS. And besides, there are so few cross-platform games in the works that nobody even cares about the feature.  How many people do you think will be playing Shadowrun? 

And as he said, Home will put XBL to shame.

And 40 player online IS something new...for consoles.  The console version of BF2 could only have up to 32 players online, and even then it was an absolute lag fest.  40 player lag-free online is a first for consoles with Resistance.

retrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 retrib
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

Are you joking?!?!

marvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 marvelfan
Member since 2003 • 1365 Posts

You should do a paper on the PS3 being better, because the only thing haolding it back from being the better is it's price at the moment, other then that hardware wise it's better in every way, deal with it.

arabi_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 arabi_89
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts

That was hilarious man!! :lol: 

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
[QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]

makingmusic476

The PSN does have a unified freinds list, and that's all i really wanted out of it.  Being able to play any game online without having ot have a separate log-in for each game makes things much easier and i can keep track of all players i meet in games, and add them as friends.

Also, cross-platform gaming? What a joke.  The pc side of things always gets nerfed because they have such an advantage in things like FPS. And besides, there are so few cross-platform games in the works that nobody even cares about the feature.  How many people do you think will be playing Shadowrun? 

And as he said, Home will put XBL to shame.

And 40 player online IS something new...for consoles.  The console version of BF2 could only have up to 32 players online, and even then it was an absolute lag fest.  40 player lag-free online is a first for consoles with Resistance.

40 players online is NOT someting new. Black hawk down delta force on Xbox had 50 players.:( Home will not put XBL to shame by the looks of it.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

A research paper on how a console is better than another? I wish my life could be that easy...

Being on SW long enough, you know pretty much everytihng there is to know about the systems. 

cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts

are you freaking kidding me?[QUOTE="accameron"]are you freaking kidding me?accameron

quote quote requote

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Why don't you just write about the whole 7th gen? Now there's something to write about, shouldn't be hard.
Last_Stand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Last_Stand
Member since 2004 • 3281 Posts
Dude, you can't write a research paper on an opinion. And this is kind of sad...
-Beowulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Beowulf
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Don't write a research paper on videogame consoles please.
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
to be honest more than half the class will laugh at you if you have to present
razzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 razzy1
Member since 2003 • 1989 Posts

I can just picture your english teacher rolling his/her eyes when they begin reading.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Its great games and, also its outstanding visuals :)
LuvGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LuvGaming
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts

Don't forget about MS not providing towels with every console purchase!!!