Xbox 360 monitor attachment WTF?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/780/780814p1.html

Not very practicle IMO!

Now if someone saw fit to make one of these for Wii then that would make sense since it actually is portable. Of course if won't really be a decent option for Wii either IMO, until Nintendo releases the DVD playing version because at least then you could also use it as a portable movie/music player and web browser etc...

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
I'm rooting for a downloadable "DVD channel" or something on the Wii... but whatever. I have a PS2 to play DVDs.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Yeah that thing is really stupid. They made similar things for the consoles last gen too for taking to friends houses I guess. With the 360 one it's just a laptop screen. But yeah with the power brick and the fact that tilting your 360 destroys the game inside.... it is not a very effective portable system.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

this is old but relevant to the topic. 

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

LMAO!

AH HA HA! 

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

jrhawk42

That was the best mod i have seen :P

I want one :D I remember watching the video if him using it. 

Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
they have made them for all consoles cont TFT screens stoped blowing, well you could ge them for the PSOne
o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts

nothing new...like poster said you have been able to get em from ps1 era whats the fuss?  

coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
I can maybe see this being useful at a lan party, other then that I don't see why anyone would want this.
amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

another add-ons ???

360 is like a robot from Transformer that changes forms into many shapes

duality747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 duality747
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
well i wouldnt mind one of these if its cheap.... im 16, dont see the point in a HDTV (well i do, not the price) and want to play my 360 in HD.. anyone got a price????
readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts
Que plenty of scratched discs from console movement.
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts
I'd get one. Then I have HD for my 360, and it's probably pretty cheap. It's not ever going to be a portable system, I mean did any of you think we were going to walk down the road holiding a 360 and controller?
johngmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 johngmills
Member since 2005 • 4349 Posts
I can maybe see this being useful at a lan party, other then that I don't see why anyone would want this.coolviper2003
I agree it would be nice for people who do lan parties and won't have to lug around a full sized tv.....just pop it up and play.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

nothing new...like poster said you have been able to get em from ps1 era whats the fuss?  

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Could be the fact if you sneeze next to an X360 it will ruin your disk?  Or maybe the fact it gets hotter than the sun, if you thought someone suing McDonalds for hot coffee was funny....what do you think woudl happen the moment someone places thsi on their lap and gives them 3rd degree burns.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

They have game screens for every major system out last gen, and this gen, except for the Wii, for obvious reasons.

They usually have them at most retailers, and they are relatively expensive, but they are useful if you have to share a TV and you don't want to, or you take systems to friend's houses for multiplayer (your own screen is better than split anytime!). 

jj42883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jj42883
Member since 2003 • 390 Posts

jrhawk42

the same guy made another one - www.benheck.com

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]nothing new...like poster said you have been able to get em from ps1 era whats the fuss?darthogre

Could be the fact if you sneeze next to an X360 it will ruin your disk? Or maybe the fact it gets hotter than the sun, if you thought someone suing McDonalds for hot coffee was funny....what do you think woudl happen the moment someone places thsi on their lap and gives them 3rd degree burns.

Why is the heck would you put a running system on your lap? You are supposed to lay it on a table or similar surface. Its not a laptop.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

jj42883

the same guy made another one - www.benheck.com

What does the keyboard do ??

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darthogre
[QUOTE="darthogre"][QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]nothing new...like poster said you have been able to get em from ps1 era whats the fuss?SpruceCaboose

Could be the fact if you sneeze next to an X360 it will ruin your disk? Or maybe the fact it gets hotter than the sun, if you thought someone suing McDonalds for hot coffee was funny....what do you think woudl happen the moment someone places thsi on their lap and gives them 3rd degree burns.

Why is the heck would you put a running system on your lap? You are supposed to lay it on a table or similar surface. Its not a laptop.

The previous platforms had the exact same monitor.  They were pushed as a traveling console, you could plug into the car and play it while you travel.  As always, people place it on their lap (I had a GC one, gave it to my little brother after I noticed I didn't use it ever).

Difference is the X360 runs much hotter than the previous platforms (so does the PS3 however I haven't seen a portable monitor for PS3 yet). 

Let's put two and two together.....people keep yelling that consumers are stupid for moving the X360 because it says you should never move it yet here is an accesory that basically encourages you to move around.  Please stop with the, well if you didn't have a TV it would be nice......rofl right, that's why people buy these things....because they don't have a TV?  Then the whole, well they might want to play their friend by connecting the two consoles together........wait a minute, I thought like 70% of the X360 users have Xbox live?  Why would they need to buy this monitor to play each other when they have online for that?

The answer is easy, this monitor is more for traveling than anything.  It's why a car adapter was including in EVERY single one last generation.  My point stands, who in their right mind would even think it was a good idea to make an accessory that puts the X360 in a moving position while being relatively close to the user. 

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpruceCaboose

The previous platforms had the exact same monitor. They were pushed as a traveling console, you could plug into the car and play it while you travel. As always, people place it on their lap (I had a GC one, gave it to my little brother after I noticed I didn't use it ever).

Difference is the X360 runs much hotter than the previous platforms (so does the PS3 however I haven't seen a portable monitor for PS3 yet).

Let's put two and two together.....people keep yelling that consumers are stupid for moving the X360 because it says you should never move it yet here is an accesory that basically encourages you to move around. Please stop with the, well if you didn't have a TV it would be nice......rofl right, that's why people buy these things....because they don't have a TV? Then the whole, well they might want to play their friend by connecting the two consoles together........wait a minute, I thought like 70% of the X360 users have Xbox live? Why would they need to buy this monitor to play each other when they have online for that?

The answer is easy, this monitor is more for traveling than anything. It's why a car adapter was including in EVERY single one last generation. My point stands, who in their right mind would even think it was a good idea to make an accessory that puts the X360 in a moving position while being relatively close to the user.

darthogre

Travel, yes. Like taking them to a motel. Not using it in your car. That is foolish.

And I said if you have to share a TV, not if you don't have one.

For example, if you live in a home with one TV, and your mother (whoever) wants to watch a movie and you want to play the 360, who is going to win? Your mother most likely, so you could use the monitor to play, thus making everyone happy.

Or you live in a small dorm in college and cannot fit a full TV in a shared dorm, that would be a great compromise.

You are putting words in my mouth.

Also, less than half of 360 owners have Live. There is currently 6 million Live subscribers, split between the Xbox and 360. I believe the percent is around 40% if I remember right for 360 owners on Live. I also am not sure if MS puts Silver (free) Live users in that number as well.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
buy a tv.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darthogre
[QUOTE="darthogre"]

The previous platforms had the exact same monitor. They were pushed as a traveling console, you could plug into the car and play it while you travel. As always, people place it on their lap (I had a GC one, gave it to my little brother after I noticed I didn't use it ever).

Let's put two and two together.....people keep yelling that consumers are stupid for moving the X360 because it says you should never move it yet here is an accesory that basically encourages you to move around. Please stop with the, well if you didn't have a TV it would be nice......rofl right, that's why people buy these things....because they don't have a TV? Then the whole, well they might want to play their friend by connecting the two consoles together........wait a minute, I thought like 70% of the X360 users have Xbox live? Why would they need to buy this monitor to play each other when they have online for that?

The answer is easy, this monitor is more for traveling than anything. It's why a car adapter was including in EVERY single one last generation. My point stands, who in their right mind would even think it was a good idea to make an accessory that puts the X360 in a moving position while being relatively close to the user.

SpruceCaboose

Travel, yes. Like taking them to a motel. Not using it in your car. That is foolish.

And I said if you have to share a TV, not if you don't have one.

For example, if you live in a home with one TV, and your mother (whoever) wants to watch a movie and you want to play the 360, who is going to win? Your mother most likely, so you could use the monitor to play, thus making everyone happy.

Or you live in a small dorm in college and cannot fit a full TV in a shared dorm, that would be a great compromise.

You are putting words in my mouth.

Also, less than half of 360 owners have Live. There is currently 6 million Live subscribers, split between the Xbox and 360. I believe the percent is around 40% if I remember right for 360 owners on Live. I also am not sure if MS puts Silver (free) Live users in that number as well.

I suppose then it was foolish for them to include a car adaptor right?  One might assume they are supposed to be used in a CAR when you include something like that lol.

As far as the number with live, I'm not sure what is what.  You have fanboys left and right saying 6 million X360 users have Live.  Now you are saying it's 40%.  I guess it's safe to say no one knows what the hell they are talking about and Microsoft isn't about to devulge the information either.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
that is just stupid :|
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Once your 360 blows up, the customer service will tell you that you did not keep your 360 in a well cooled area. 

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="jj42883"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

greg_splicer

the same guy made another one - www.benheck.com

What does the keyboard do ??

messaging.  you could always hook up a USB keyboard to the 360 for messaging purposes.Â