SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/07/celebrate-20-years-of-play-with-20th-anniversary-hardware/

Just announced today. You interested, SW? The controller seems kind of cool.. I guess.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69443 Posts

Xbox has sold more controllers than consoles.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

Controller looks cool. Wouldn’t mind getting that. Don’t really need a controller right now but if/when I do that would certainly be one that I’d consider.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Headset looks like trash. I wouldn't certainly change my DT220 with that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

I could use a new headset but not what MS is offering. Though I'm surprised MS isn't doing anything for Halo: CE however despite Halo: Infinite is all we're getting out of a 20yr franchise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38855 Posts

Oof that mediocre headset someone on SW was hyping up so much. You know who you are, sir.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@Pedro said:

Xbox has sold more controllers than consoles.😂

Ummm.... That's usually how that works.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

They should celebrate it by putting the older sturdier potentiometers in them.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

I think the colored grip against transparent top is a pretty cool combo. Sony did the same transparent PS4 controller for their celebration too right?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Man how I miss the days of being a lem during the 360 era. Back then us ex lems had games to hyped about. But the lems of today just hype subscription numbers, beta numbers and game controllers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69443 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

Man how I miss the days of being a lem during the 360 era. Back then us ex lems had games to hyped about. But the lems of today just hype subscription numbers, beta numbers and game controllers.

You missed the days of being a lem? 😂 You are still one just in leather clothing. 😎

Bluudynuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bluudynuckles
Member since 2015 • 157 Posts

JUST PRE ORDER THAT 20TH EDITION CONTROLLER / NOT SURE IF IM JUST GOING TO USE IT OR SAVE IT FOR UNOPENED LIMITED THINGS TO SELL 20 YRS LATER

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@hardwenzen: Nope, I wasn’t hyping this headset….which shows how much you knew what you were talking about.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Nope, I wasn’t hyping this headset….which shows how much you knew what you were talking about.

You were defending it. Its like defending call of duty, who does that?

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3054 Posts

@davillain-: Exactly. Why would they want to celebrate the main game that made their console.

It would be cool if that controller was modelled after the original S version.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I like the controller, headset looks really cheap and crappy though.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sealionact

@hardwenzen: No i wasn’t. Completely different headset, but again - you are only showing how clueless you are.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@Pedro: 'Xbox has sold more controllers than consoles.😂'

They're conditioning us to associate customizable controllers with its brand, with Xbox, with Game Pass. Within the near future Game Pass will be installed in most TV's and smart phones leaving gamers with only one hard decision: Which styled controller should I buy?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: No i wasn’t. Completely different headset, but again - you are only showing how clueless you are.

lolstop. Completely different headset🤭Garbage+Garbage=Garbage. That's your "different headset". How clueless must you be to defend something worth $99 made by a company that is not even known for audio? Nvm, i already asked you that question, and you answered with a bunch of made up BS. As soon as MS releases a new gimmick, you will defend it some more, but as soon as the reviews come out, you will pretend you never defended it.🤷‍♂️

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

No games. But we got controllers what ya think guys?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

lolstop. Completely different headset🤭Garbage+Garbage=Garbage. That's your "different headset". How clueless must you be to defend something worth $99 made by a company that is not even known for audio? Nvm, i already asked you that question, and you answered with a bunch of made up BS. As soon as MS releases a new gimmick, you will defend it some more, but as soon as the reviews come out, you will pretend you never defended it.🤷‍♂️

Why would I pretend I never defended it when I never needed to? The headset I am talking about got great reviews.
I never defended Call of Duty - No idea what you’re on bud, but you‘re wrong again. I never defended the wired stereo xbox headset that you see here - I have the wireless Xbox headset and couldn’t be happier.

All this coming because you’re frustrated with your ps5.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Why would I pretend I never defended it when I never needed to? The headset I am talking about got great reviews.

I never defended Call of Duty - No idea what you’re on bud, but you‘re wrong again. I never defended the wired stereo xbox headset that you see here - I have the wireless Xbox headset and couldn’t be happier.

The headset you're talking about got abysmal reviews, and you know it. Nobody said you're defending CoD. I said that defending that shitty headset is as dumb as defending Call of Duty. Wake up, little sealion.

I am indeed frustrated with my ps5, but in 11 minutes bf beta goes live, so my frustration is ending very soon.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sealionact
@jasonofa36 said:

You’re comparing studio headphones with a $60 gaming headset.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@jasonofa36 said:

ITS TRASH. get over it. Its trash compared to my pair of $30 Koss KSC75 headphones.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@sealionact said:
@jasonofa36 said:

And? There are cheap things that are comparable to expensive ones. Hell, I wouldn't take this over my old HyperX Alphas.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

The headset you're talking about got abysmal reviews, and you know it. Nobody said you're defending CoD. I said that defending that shitty headset is as dumb as defending Call of Duty. Wake up, little sealion.

I am indeed frustrated with my ps5, but in 11 minutes bf beta goes live, so my frustration is ending very soon.

IGN 8/10 https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-wireless-headset-review

Techradar 5/5 https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/xbox-wireless-headset-review

Eurogamer “Our new top recommendation“
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-wireless-headset-review

P
CMag 4/5 https://uk.pcmag.com/controllers-accessories/132257/xbox-wireless-headset

The Verge “Mic drop 9/10” https://www.theverge.com/22325883/microsoft-xbox-wireless-headset-gaming-series-x-s-pc-windows-10-review

Stop embarrassing yourself…..
BTW, I’m surprised you haven’t tried the beta yet - been playing it for 3 days - your frustration levels aren’t dropping anytime soon.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sealionact
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@jasonofa36 said:

ITS TRASH. get over it. Its trash compared to my pair of $30 Koss KSC75 headphones.

Your Koss headphones aren‘t a gaming headset.…and I wouldn’t be seen dead in them. Jeez, you wear those welfare AirPods if you prefer….I’ll take the Dolby Atmos route.

Wow. Just major levels of ugly wow.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hardwenzen

@sealionact: posts a bunch of reviews from people who most certainly wear a pair of Astros at home and think they're the best pair of cans ever made🤦‍♂️IGN and The Verge? Really? Its a garbage ass headset, and we already talked about this many times, but you seem in denial. So i will repeat it one more times; its trash, not even worth 50% of the asking price.

The Koss are fugly, but imagine that ugly pair of cans destroying what you've been defending for almost a year🤮🤮🤮

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sealionact
@hardwenzen said:

@sealionact: posts a bunch of reviews from people who most certainly wear a pair of Astros at home and think they're the best pair of cans ever made🤦‍♂️IGN and The Verge? Really? Its a garbage ass headset, and we already talked about this many times, but you seem in denial. So i will repeat it one more times; its trash, not even worth 50% of the asking price.

The Koss are fugly, but imagine that ugly pair of cans destroying what you've been defending for almost a year🤮🤮🤮

Yes, that review again…😂😂 ”It doesn't block out bass-range noise like bus or plane engines,” Plane engines? Muhaha….it’s a frikking gaming headset!

You started by calling me out when talking about the wrong headset, and saying “abysmal reviews” while posting one of your own…..”Plane engines!!!”. Then you try and post a “destroyed” review that rates the cans at 6.0 for gaming while the same site (Yes, the one YOU posted) rates the Xbox cans at 6.7. Lmao….😂😂😂😂

What a day you’re having.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I actually really like the controller, give me an elite option and I'm in.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yes, that review again…😂😂 ”It doesn't block out bass-range noise like bus or plane engines,” Plane engines? Muhaha….it’s a frikking gaming headset!

You started by calling me out when talking about the wrong headset, and saying “abysmal reviews” while posting one of your own…..”Plane engines!!!”. Then you try and post a “destroyed” review that rates the cans at 6.0 for gaming while the same site (Yes, the one YOU posted) rates the Xbox cans at 6.7. Lmao….😂😂😂😂

Merked by a $30 pair of headphones from Amazon🤦‍♂️All this hype for the Wireless OMG Xbox headset, and it turns out, as everyone with half a brain has predicted, its shit. IGN and The Verge loves it, tho. They never heard of a good pair of headphones, but they love that Xbox headset, bro.🤦‍♂️OH little sealion😭

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Merked by a $30 pair of headphones from Amazon🤦‍♂️All this hype for the Wireless OMG Xbox headset, and it turns out, as everyone with half a brain has predicted, its shit. IGN and The Verge loves it, tho. They never heard of a good pair of headphones, but they love that Xbox headset, bro.🤦‍♂️OH little sealion😭

You call your console “absolutely useless” and can’t afford PC gaming, but suggest a pair of ugly welfare wired AirPods that can’t do wireless gaming, doesn’t have a mic and scores lower than mine by your own links…..

game over little liar.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@sealionact: Firstly, you're not allowed to call things Welfare. Its what i do, not you. Secondly, imagine even talking about a mic on a headset. 100% bottom tier, and its not even worth mentioning that they're included when you're buying a $99 headset, cuz the quality is inferior to a dollar store mic. And lastly, i currently use akg k712pro🤷‍♂️But i do enjoy seeing those cheapo Koss merdering your shitty wireless headset that none other but IGN and The Verge have reviewed!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sealionact

@hardwenzen: I can just picture you with your welfare cans, with wires hanging across the place sitting on the couch holding your mic while shouting “My setup is better than yours…”

Sad really.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: I can just picture you with your welfare cans, with wires hanging across the place sitting on the couch holding your mic while shouting “My setup is better than yours…”

Sad really.

Is that your setup? You forgot to mention a McDonalds family meal rotting in the corner of your room🤷‍♂️ Wouldn't even call it sad. More like expected from somebody that hyped up a headset from Microsoft🤭Best part of it all, to prove a point, you linked IGN and The Verge of all places. Now this, this tells me you know absolutely nothing. Visiting The Verge for an audio review LOL

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Sure because Rtings is the goto site for audio reviews right? You think the same guy who reviewed the vacuum cleaners did the Xbox headset review?

I mean, Techradar is a technology site and they gave it 5/5. Are you arguing that a site that reviews vacuum cleaners and rates the Xbox headset higher than your welfare cans got it wrong?

What are you arguing? 😂😂😂😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Sure because Rtings is the goto site for audio reviews right? You think the same guy who reviewed the vacuum cleaners did the Xbox headset review?

I mean, Techradar is a technology site and they gave it 5/5. Are you arguing that a site that reviews vacuum cleaners and rates the Xbox headset higher than your welfare cans got it wrong?

Rtings is the goto for most tech related things. There are a few good audio channels on youtube, but do you really think that they will waste their time reviewing this POS? Nobody cares about a noname $99 headset created for dudebros that play Warzone lol.

Then. on your Techradar site, you read the pros and cons, and there's zero mention of quality mids, soundstage, imaging, etc. Its just "booming base", guys🤭I think they knew what kind of person would be reading this review. The clueless dudebro that wants to upgrade from his $59.99 Turtle Beaches headset that he broke in under 2 months. They baited you in, and got you so easily, little sealion.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Rtings is the goto for most tech related things. There are a few good audio channels on youtube, but do you really think that they will waste their time reviewing this POS? Nobody cares about a noname $99 headset created for dudebros that play Warzone lol.

Then. on your Techradar site, you read the pros and cons, and there's zero mention of quality mids, soundstage, imaging, etc. Its just "booming base", guys🤭I think they knew what kind of person would be reading this review. The clueless dudebro that wants to upgrade from his $59.99 Turtle Beaches headset that he broke in under 2 months. They baited you in, and got you so easily, little sealion.

Cool. So RTings is the “go to” site? You‘re happy to use it to rate headsets? How do you explain RTings giving your welfare cans 6.0 for gaming, and the Xbox headset a 6.7?

Are you still saying it’s the “go to“ site….?

Dude, you’re getting RekT.…Now where do you plug that independent microphone in on your “completely useless” PS5?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Controller looks nice, think I'd pass on the headset though. My Xbox wireless looks way nicer than that.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#41 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Controller looks cool though I already got a Pulse Red Xbox Series S controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I was debating on getting a new Xbox controller to play on PC for controller centric games, but doing some research it looks like the hepatic feedback on the Dualsense controllers actually work on PC games too, so I may lean towards that honestly.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Cool. So RTings is the “go to” site? You‘re happy to use it to rate headsets? How do you explain RTings giving your welfare cans 6.0 for gaming, and the Xbox headset a 6.7?

Dude, you’re getting RekT.…Now where do you plug that independent microphone in on your “completely useless” PS5?

Because the Koss is a general purpose pair of headphones? Hello? I gave a random example that came to mind, which is also a very cheap pair of headphones that a shitload of people own. Nobody but a few dudebros will ever buy that thing🤭And btw, it won because its wireless. Such a massive advantage lul. If you want a mic, you have Sennheiser that makes way better headphones for the same price or cheaper. You xbox headset has no reason to exist.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

You missed the days of being a lem? 😂 You are still one just in leather clothing. 😎

Hell yah I missed those days when the 360 was winning over the PS3. Now the xbox franchise has gone dreamcast on us :( well i'm glad that i'm on the winning side. Sony and Nintendo, you guys are the best :)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Because the Koss is a general purpose pair of headphones? Hello? I gave a random example that came to mind, which is also a very cheap pair of headphones that a shitload of people own. Nobody but a few dudebros will ever buy that thing🤭And btw, it won because its wireless. Such a massive advantage lul. If you want a mic, you have Sennheiser that makes way better headphones for the same price or cheaper. You xbox headset has no reason to exist.

You're snobbery is really silly. There are headphones designed for different purposes. I have a pair of AKG K702s, I'm not using them for gaming. I'm using them for studio stuff.

I also have a pair of AKG K240 MKII's I use for everyday stuff and they were inexpensive, but sound incredible. Are you going to mock that?

I wouldn't recommend everyone get flat headphones, it might not be for them. There's a lot to enjoy in consumer grade headphones too.

Sennheiser aren't always the best. I've had a cheap pair of headphones from them before and they can't touch the AKG K240s. My dad has an expensive cordless Sennheiser headphones and they still can't touch my AKG K240s either.

If Xbox tuned the sound of their headphones for games and movies, I'd still say they were better for the job.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HalcyonScarlet

@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

Hell yah I missed those days when the 360 was winning over the PS3. Now the xbox franchise has gone dreamcast on us :( well i'm glad that i'm on the winning side. Sony and Nintendo, you guys are the best :)

Unless Sony are paying you, why does it matter to you who's "winning"?

I thought that was just a SWs game, but PS fans takes things serious.

Could you have enjoyed Nintendo games before the Switch? I suppose the Wii sold really well, did you enjoy gaming on that?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sealionact

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

You're snobbery is really silly. There are headphones designed for different purposes. I have a pair of AKG K702s, I'm not using them for gaming. I'm using them for studio stuff.

I also have a pair of AKG K240 MKII's I use for everyday stuff and they were inexpensive, but sound incredible. Are you going to mock that?

I wouldn't recommend everyone get flat headphones, it might not be for them. There's a lot to enjoy in consumer grade headphones too.

Sennheiser aren't always the best. I've had a cheap pair of headphones from them before and they can't touch the AKG K240s. My dad has an expensive cordless Sennheiser headphones and they still can't touch my AKG K240s either.

If Xbox tuned the sound of their headphones for games and movies, I'd still say they were better for the job.

Yeah, you get it. I want a gaming headset. At 100 bucks, MS offers wireless a headset with decent sound and dual beam mics, dual Bluetooth connection, good battery life, great controls, Dolby Atmos with license, voice isolation and decent comfort.

Nothing he offered came close at the price, especially considering he was pushing Audiophile cans with a separate plug in mic - which are useless when sofa gaming.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HalcyonScarlet

@sealionact said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Yeah, you get it. I want a gaming headset. At 100 bucks, MS offers wireless a headset with decent sound and dual beam mics, dual Bluetooth connection, good battery life, great controls, Dolby Atmos with license, voice isolation and decent comfort.

Nothing he offered came close at the price, especially considering he was pushing Audiophile cans with a separate plug in mic - which are useless when sofa gaming.

But you can connect headphones through the front of the Xbox controller, no?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sealionact

@HalcyonScarlet: Headphones? Yes, of course….but a separate dedicated microphone? Nope. Maybe on a usb on the console.