Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 845 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

Ouch...dipshit cows just got owned, fucking clowns. NathanDrakesBallbag gonna have a meltdown.

MS - for the players. Sony - for the wankers.

This comment didn't age well.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#202 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21442 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@hitmanactual said:

Ouch...dipshit cows just got owned, fucking clowns. NathanDrakesBallbag gonna have a meltdown.

Bro you literally come into the thread right after Microsoft reversed everything and are calling people didn't like the radical changes that they wanted to make clowns.

What are you doing man this thread was made when bad stuff was happening why wouldn't people have been outraged by them at that time?

There one pro consumer move is something thats been on ps4 and switch from day one free to play games are free its not a win or a game changer its just being like everyone else basically thank god.

Can you please explain how CHARGING people for MP to people who BUY their games, while giving people who DON'T buy a game access for FREE to MP consumer friendly?

Its a double standard, they should charge everyone or no one. Treat your entire fanbase equally.

I bet you play a LOT of F2P games.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1573 Posts

Xbox marketing as always playing 9D self destructive chess.

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 sts106mat
Member since 2005 • 25199 Posts

@ProtossRushX: it wasnt at the time. he also posted a link from xbox website not gs.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Howmakewood  Online
Member since 2015 • 6561 Posts

You out there comparing which paid online is more of a scam, the absolute state of console gamers

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4994 Posts

MS abandoning the price hike is the right thing to do they deserve credit for not doing it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18932 Posts

I've spent many years defending Microsoft on this board, but this is twice baked shit that they're doubling the price of this service.

If you are someone who games online like many of us do, it is impossible to say the ps5 consoles are not a better option. It's official.

philamona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 philamona
Member since 2020 • 50 Posts

@eoten: Just a thought, because the console makers made their systems a closed platform and limits consumer choice, there is nothing illegal about that practice?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29936 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I've spent many years defending Microsoft on this board, but this is twice baked shit that they're doubling the price of this service.

If you are someone who games online like many of us do, it is impossible to say the ps5 consoles are not a better option. It's official.

They backtracked and reversed the decision.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#210  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 8071 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Going forward, new pricing will be 1-month for $10.99, 3-months for $29.99, and 6-months for $59.99, or your local market equivalent.

Wow, I am DEFINITELY not getting an Xbox now. Meanwhile MS doesn't charge PC players for online. Wth!!

If PC gamers willingly paid for it the first time MS tried like XBOTs did then they surely would still charge for it. Fortunately there are free alternatives on PC and MS learned their lesson with GFWL, though I wouldn't put it past MS trying it again in the future.

Also I wouldnt put it past Sony putting PS+ prices up soon after if MS are doing it.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8708 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@ermacness: Ah ok I get it now, if we're going to go after a brand for being greedy we have to do it in a very specific way so that it doesn't affect the brand we allow being greedy. Sorry, my bad.

Well when you're so good at moving goalposts, you'll tend to tell yourself anything so that your agenda is met. Don't blame me for your pain, blame the topic or TC.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9343 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: RE your thread. So it's been reversed but the PS5 Digital is still $460 using your logic, it's nearly the price of the full disc version of the PS5... So people are giving up the disc drive for just a $40 saving?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4994 Posts

I don't understand how people stick up for the multi million dollar companies when they do something wrong for the consumer they need to be called out.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 HalcyonScarlet
@TheEroica said:

Why? A lot more people are going for Gamepass Ultimate which includes Gold and all its perks. :-S

I don't know why anyone would bother with Gold on its own at this point.

I mean I love the logic on this board. Gold is the cheaper option, but if anyone wants the cheaper hardware like the Series S, then it's "how dare they not spend $400 on a PS5 Digital". So I can't use that logic with services? "It's cool, just chuck on an extra $100 to your gaming budget".

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52075 Posts

Still can't trust 'em. But good.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29936 Posts

@pelvist said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Going forward, new pricing will be 1-month for $10.99, 3-months for $29.99, and 6-months for $59.99, or your local market equivalent.

Wow, I am DEFINITELY not getting an Xbox now. Meanwhile MS doesn't charge PC players for online. Wth!!

If PC gamers willingly paid for it the first time MS tried like XBOTs did then they surely would still charge for it. Fortunately there are free alternatives on PC and MS learned their lesson with GFWL, though I wouldn't put it past MS trying it again in the future.

Also I wouldnt put it past Sony putting PS+ prices up soon after if MS are doing it.

$120 a year would've been insane. I'm glad they reversed it. It was clearly an attempt to force people to get Game Pass. They think people are dumb! At the end of the day, I don't mind paying something, but $120 is not reasonable. With PS Plus, you can easily find it for $30. I just saw it again recently. PC online has been a toss up from my experience. Online communities tend to dwindle pretty quickly for a lot of games. Also, I remember having to find servers and shit. Also not to forget the cheating. I still appreciate that it's free though.

philamona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 philamona
Member since 2020 • 50 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

I don't understand how people stick up for the multi million dollar companies when they do something wrong for the consumer they need to be called out.

Most people are like sheep and are willing to do what they are told without question. Companies (and government) love a complacent public.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 15238 Posts

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 HalcyonScarlet
@freedomfreak said:

Still can't trust 'em. But good.

You should never trust any of them really.

MS Dumped Kinect, exclusives, price during last gen and now this. All pretty bad stuff. Mostly the first three things bothered me.

Sony jumped ship from the Vita, tends to leave peripherals out to fend for themselves, hiked up game prices, and something cows get bent out of shape about, PSNow and PS Exclusives going to the PC. And you should see the youtube videos they make accusing Sony of Betrayal when exclusives go to the PC.

I haven't got a clue about Nintendo tbh. They're fairly consistent.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2066 Posts

The fact that they even tried it shows they're not getting the profits they want. Since this didn't work, expect an increase in gamepass subscription prices. Gamepass is a money bleeder. Having games that are a year or 2 old is one thing, brand new games is another. It's like movies skipping the theater and going straight to Netflix. No wonder MS doesn't make quality exclusives. It's not financially feasible when most can play them on gamepass for a dollar.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 2208 Posts

What is with you replying to 2000 people in one post?????

So NOBODY shares??? Got proof of that? I know plenty of people who share XBL or Gamepass Ultimate. Heck there are YouTube videos out there explaining how to do it.

When you share Live or Gamepass you also share games with that person. So anything I buy the person I share with gets to play too.

Yes you can both be online at the same time when you share subscriptions, and play the same game at the same time.

Loading Video...

https://youtu.be/aym-c_mqj7I

@ProtossRushX said:
@regnaston said:

One thing I think many are forgetting though.

XBOX allows you to share Gold (or Game Pass) with someone else. If you have a friend that you trust, you each pay 1/2 and get the subscription.

So if I buy a 1 year card for XBOX Live Gold for $69.99 CDN I am actually only paying 1/2 of that as the person I share with pays me for half

Nobody cares about sharing gold with a friend you buy gold for yourself and to play games at your house with your family NOBODY shares shit can both the friend and you be online at the same time how the hell does that even work dude nobody is going to split this with a friend oh ill pay 15 this month you got the next month bro wtf nobody is doing this.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Well they revoked the price change. Staying at $60 annually.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#223 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

@regnaston: Most definitely can. I know folks who split their game purchases among themselves with the system.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4212 Posts

Xbox Ultimate Gamepass comes with Gold so if you are not doing that you are doing it wrong anyway.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2353 Posts

well this thread went well

quick cows...bring console sales up

hah

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Crimson_V
Member since 2014 • 149 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@crimson_v said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

They tried to back in the day, you know what happened? people stopped playing their games using their store and services, microsoft store/drm became the butt end of the joke.

On console your only way to evade the store is to not buy the console, but on PC forced subscription for online bs will never fly.

I hope Xbox gamers complain about this to MS. lol.

Complaining by itself isn't enough, they need to complain and stop buying their console, that's the only way to make them understand, console users should have not bought the original xbox, PS4 and the switch to ensure that this doesn't become the industry standard.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8857 Posts

@crimson_v said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@crimson_v said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

They tried to back in the day, you know what happened? people stopped playing their games using their store and services, microsoft store/drm became the butt end of the joke.

On console your only way to evade the store is to not buy the console, but on PC forced subscription for online bs will never fly.

I hope Xbox gamers complain about this to MS. lol.

Complaining by itself isn't enough, they need to complain and stop buying their console, that's the only way to make them understand, console users should have not bought the original xbox, PS4 and the switch to ensure that this doesn't become the industry standard.

Oh don't worry after the crap way I was treated with my XB1 im not buying the x-series x. 343i treated me lke crap on Halo MCC and so I didnt buy Halo 5 either.

Sony treated me fine on ps4 and blizzard made war3 reforged im not buying shit from them anymore either, until they apologize and do something about that game. That was rude as crap I never seen blizzard do that before.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#228 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33820 Posts

@crimson_v: Actually complaining has very much worked here. Not only is Microsoft not going to increase the cost of Gold now but you no longer need a Gold subscription to play free-to-play games. This thread should either be updated or locked because it’s no longer accurate.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14713 Posts

@bluestars said:

well this thread went well

quick cows...bring console sales up

hah

You should be thanking us for saving you an extra $60 a year and getting the F2P paywall dropped.

Try saying thank you Mr. Swag instead of shitposting with poor grammar.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26236 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Correction. Trillion dollar company. MS became a trillion dollar company last year, or maybe it was 2019. It was recent, whenever it was.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21442 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Oh so you got no reply to my previous post, yeah thought as much.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By ProtossRushX

@Archangel3371 said:

@crimson_v: Actually complaining has very much worked here. Not only is Microsoft not going to increase the cost of Gold now but you no longer need a Gold subscription to play free-to-play games. This thread should either be updated or locked because it’s no longer accurate.

Why do we need to close every thread that calls out Microsoft when say they tried to raise XBL prices by double in one day?

You've asked for 2 other threads about XBL prices changing to be locked too. Now you want this one locked too.

These threads should be apart of history now. We shouldn't just go eh they reversed everything lock em all down and forget it ever happened. No.

You don't delete history books or lock em down. You make them open for people to discuss what happened why it should never happen again that's how life an stuff goes you don't erase history.

You don't just go oh this thread makes my favorite console maker look bad lock this crap like it never happened. That's not cool angel, that's not cool at all.

@i_p_daily said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hitmanactual said:

Bro you literally come into the thread right after Microsoft reversed everything and are calling people didn't like the radical changes that they wanted to make clowns.

What are you doing man this thread was made when bad stuff was happening why wouldn't people have been outraged by them at that time?

There one pro consumer move is something thats been on ps4 and switch from day one free to play games are free its not a win or a game changer its just being like everyone else basically thank god.

Can you please explain how CHARGING people for MP to people who BUY their games, while giving people who DON'T buy a game access for FREE to MP consumer friendly?

Its a double standard, they should charge everyone or no one. Treat your entire fanbase equally.

I bet you play a LOT of F2P games.

That's so easy to argue against dude. Since charging people to play games online is an awful practice since all games should be free to play online except certain games that need a subscription to play like on PC.

So 100% i'll take being able to play some of my games the free games online rather than NONE like you want! Thats called having a brain why would I rather play none of my games online if I don't have XBL or PS+? Thats stupid.

Games like Warzone and Rocket League and FF14 (is that free?) Fortnite. I'll take being able to play anything online for free over nothing like you want.

Free > trash pay for online and raising the price double by 60 dollars was trash dude. That was a terribad move.

That's just how I roll and Sony and Nintendo and now finally microsoft even agreed so your fighting a battle nobody agrees with now. To keep all games locked by a paywall when you can at least some games to be played for free. That doesn't even make sense.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#233 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33820 Posts

@ProtossRushX: You try so hard yet fail so often. πŸ˜…

I guess you missed the part where I said it should be updated so that it’s actually accurate. Title and OP states things that are no longer happening. If TC isn’t going to change those things to actually reflect what is happening then there is no point keeping something open that doesn’t actually reflect what’s going on. When new information comes out that alters something then those things get updated whether they be history books, news articles, or even threads. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 13346 Posts

MS will mark it up 50-75% soon and dopes thank them for the price break. Corporate bootlickers are the worst.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By ProtossRushX

@getyeryayasout said:

MS will mark it up 50-75% soon and dopes thank them for the price break. Corporate bootlickers are the worst.

Yeah when Microsoft announced yesterday that XBL went up 200% to $120 a year @mrbojangles25 said it was still a "good deal" for Xbox gamers when everyone else said it was horrible. I couldn't believe it. I thought he was a gamer.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 13346 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Many gamers are passionate about the hobby. It leaves them susceptible to buffoonery and makes them easy marks for corporate manipulation.

Gamers tend to be their own worst enemy.