XB1/PS4 which has the most/best up and coming exclusives??

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ariabed
#1 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

I'm still trying to figure out which console to buy, I'm leaning more towards a PS4 as it seems to be the more powerful system, but I have been an xbox man since the last two gens.

I'm not a Halo freak but I love Forza, I'm still quite happy playing forza4 and horizon on my 360. Anyway I think for me the most important thing is which console will have the best/most up and coming exclusives.

I could research this but I'm lazy.

So all your opinions will be very much appreciated...and unbiased opinions even more so lol.

Cheers guys

Avatar image for lamprey263
#2 Edited by lamprey263 (35008 posts) -

I don't think we can tell at the moment. One thing to consider is take any line-up of any games for any system be it exclusive or multiplats or whatever, only a small fraction of all those games will be worth a damn, most will meet their death upon reviews and many hyped games will be forgotten about weeks after launch, then in a few years time forgotten completely. Not to say things will be dire, good stuff will come, but probably from where we least expect it to. Might be some hidden gem. Might be some game nobody paid attention to until it released and had everybody like "where the hell this masterpiece come from?!".

We're gamers, just wing it.

Anyhow, get whichever system your friends/peers will get, or more likely get. Playing with friends online is more fun than some overrated mediocre exclusives or slight performance edge. I'm sure you'll have fun with whichever system you get though.

Avatar image for papatrop
#3 Posted by PapaTrop (1792 posts) -

Right now I think the Xbox One has better exclusives, but that's not really saying much. Both the PS4 and Xbox One have gotten almost nothing that seems worth spending $400 to gain access to.

As far as the future goes, my crystal ball is coming up blurry. Again, barely anything has been announced, and nobody knows the quality of the final products.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

if you'd like to buy the gen 8 console which will have the best / most exclusives, the best time to choose would be just as gen 9 begins.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#5 Posted by finalstar2007 (27940 posts) -

As of right now PS4 has better exclusives like infamous Second Son ( loving it so much ) and Final Fantasy 14 ( its been my most played PS4 game so far, pretty much addicted to it ) then there is plants vs zombies coming next month and destiny, AC, Advanced warfare, LBP3, etc right after that.

but overall both consoles are lacking which makes sense since the new consoles havent been out for a year yet, so far im loving my PS4.

Avatar image for ariabed
#6 Posted by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: I see what you're saying so I edited my title. Cheers

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#7 Posted by tdkmillsy (2745 posts) -

You cant be unbiased when it comes to games really. You like the games you like. Your going to see a load of this console is better because of these games. Then you will see replies like that's not exclusive (LBP3 and Xbox Horizon 2 or Titanfall for example).

Both have a few good games coming up. Your going to have to have a look at each one and see what you like really and then get the console which offers more. Also consider if its just you playing or the kids, if I play Titanfall on my own the misses gives me grief. If I play Lego games or Zoo Tycoon with the kids she doesn't :)

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12400 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Anyhow, get whichever system your friends/peers will get, or more likely get. Playing with friends online is more fun than some overrated mediocre exclusives or slight performance edge. I'm sure you'll have fun with whichever system you get though.

A lot of this, TC

Avatar image for ariabed
#9 Posted by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@tdkmillsy: "Also consider if its just you playing or the kids"

NO ONE!! touches daddies gaming machine. (Deep breaths).... Ok I'm fine now

Avatar image for ariabed
#10 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@lamprey263: "Anyhow, get whichever system your friends/peers will get, or more likely get. Playing with friends online is more fun"

I'm more for the immersive single player experience, but I dabble in MP here and there. So I'm not really worried about what console anyone else has.

Avatar image for Nike_Air
#11 Edited by Nike_Air (19078 posts) -

Roll with the CLEARLY superior PS4 , and Naughty Dog This might be a good plan of attack in the short term -

  • PS+
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • inFAMOUS Second Son + DLC
  • #DRIVECLUB

Avatar image for nervmeister
#12 Posted by nervmeister (15378 posts) -

For me, missing out on Bloodborne simply isn't an option. So my opinion goes with PS4.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#13 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

google bloodborne ?

there is your answer!

Avatar image for Supabul
#14 Edited by Supabul (4266 posts) -

Lets look at retail game that are out, that are coming out and that are announced

X1

Titanfall

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Forza 5

Forza Horizon 2

Halo Collection = 100 multiplayer maps

Halo 5

Sunset Overdrive

Crackdown

ScaleBound

Gears of War 4

Phantom Dust

Project Spark

Fable legends

Quantum Break

PS4

Final Fantasy 14

Infamous SS

Killzone SF

Driveclub

LBP 3

Uncharted 4

The Order 1886

Knack

Bloodbourne

TLOU

Now pick which games you want the most

Avatar image for rrjim1
#15 Posted by rrjim1 (1478 posts) -

@Supabul said:

Lets look at retail game that are out, that are coming out and that are announced

X1

Titanfall

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Forza 5

Forza Horizon 2

Halo Collection = 100 multiplayer maps

Halo 5

Sunset Overdrive

Crackdown

ScaleBound

Gears of War 4

Phantom Dust

Project Spark

Fable legends

Quantum Break

PS4

Final Fantasy 14

Infamous SS

Killzone SF

Driveclub

LBP 3

Uncharted 4

The Order 1886

Knack

Bloodbourne

TLOU

Now pick which games you want the most

Pretty simple if you can only afford one console, looks like it would be the X1 for me if I had to make that choice!

Avatar image for deadline-zero0
#16 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@lamprey263: "Anyhow, get whichever system your friends/peers will get, or more likely get. Playing with friends online is more fun"

I'm more for the immersive single player experience, but I dabble in MP here and there. So I'm not really worried about what console anyone else has.

I'd say the PS4 then, but it depends on what you mean by single player. Games ike Scalebound (i fidn Platinum Games to be awesome) are SP, but if you're refering to cinematic, story drive games like Uncharted, then the PS4 is more likely to have those type, like The Order 1886.

Honestly, right now there's a good divide. There's action games, story games (Quantum Break on the XB1), games with co-op, racing games, etc. But i personally believe the XB1 will lean torwards more multiplayer/co-op oriented exclusives in the future compared to the PS4. So, if you have to make the decision right now, and you're not interested in PC gaming btw, PS4 might be the best choice for you.

Don't worry about the specs, the differences in multiplats are overblown by the internet. PS4 is better, but if you want the best, go PC. Otherwise, you'll be fine when it comes to multiplats.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#17 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12400 posts) -

@Supabul said:

Lets look at retail game that are out, that are coming out and that are announced

X1

  • Dead Rising 3 (2013)
  • Ryse (2013)
  • Forza 5 (2013)
  • Killer Instinct (2013)
  • Titanfall (2014)
  • Forza Horizon 2 (2014)
  • Sunset Overdrive (2014)
  • Halo 5 (2015)
  • Quantum Break (2015)
  • Crackdown (2015)
  • ScaleBound (Unknown Release Date)
  • Phantom Dust (Unknown Release Date)
  • Fable Legends (Unknown Release Date)
  • Gears of War (Not Officially Announced)

PS4

  • Killzone SF (2013)
  • Knack (2013)
  • Driveclub (2014)
  • InFamous: Second Son (2014)
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (2014)
  • The Order 1886 (2014)
  • Bloodborne (2015)
  • Let It Die (2015)
  • Uncharted 4 (Unknown Release Date)
  • Deep Down (Unknown Release Date)

Now pick which games you want the most

Tidied up your list a bit - removed remastered games and games that are on other systems. Also didn't add any Indy titles...sure they've won GOTY awards, but I still didn't add them (Resogun is a PS4 exclusive and scored a 9.0 here)

Avatar image for Phazevariance
#19 Posted by Phazevariance (12272 posts) -

@papatrop said:

Right now I think the Xbox One has better exclusives, but that's not really saying much. Both the PS4 and Xbox One have gotten almost nothing that seems worth spending $400 to gain access to.

As far as the future goes, my crystal ball is coming up blurry. Again, barely anything has been announced, and nobody knows the quality of the final products.

I have to agree. As an owner of both consoles, I suggest you don't get either yet and just wait until the games get released, because right now pickings are super slim and not worth the price of admission. You could probably pick up the console of choice around Christmas on sale and around that time there should be a few more games out to get.

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#20 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@Supabul said:

Lets look at retail game that are out, that are coming out and that are announced

X1

Titanfall

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Forza 5

Forza Horizon 2

Halo Collection = 100 multiplayer maps

Halo 5

Sunset Overdrive

Crackdown

ScaleBound

Gears of War 4

Phantom Dust

Project Spark

Fable legends

Quantum Break

PS4

Final Fantasy 14

Planet side II

Infamous SS

Magicka 2

Killzone SF

Eve Valkyrie

Driveclub

Infamous First LIght

Guilty Gear xrd

H1Z1

LBP 3

Let it Die

Uncharted 4

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

The Order 1886

Tropico 5

Knack

No Man's Sky

Bloodbourne

Samurai Warriors 4

TLOU

Now pick which games you want the most

Your "list" is flawed when it comes to giving an accurate indication of what games PS4 has/upcoming so I have edited it for accuracy, ur welcome.

Don't know why you were making a list to look as if PS4 has less games you even included games like Crackdown and mutiplatform Titanfall on the xbox one list while leaving out games like Planet Side II, No man's Sky and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture from PS4's list.

If you aren't able to give an accurate account of what games are available for each system then you should be trying to put up lists for people to go by.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#21 Posted by tdkmillsy (2745 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@Supabul said:

Lets look at retail game that are out, that are coming out and that are announced

X1

Titanfall

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Forza 5

Forza Horizon 2

Halo Collection = 100 multiplayer maps

Halo 5

Sunset Overdrive

Crackdown

ScaleBound

Gears of War 4

Phantom Dust

Project Spark

Fable legends

Quantum Break

PS4

Final Fantasy 14

Planet side II

Infamous SS

Magicka 2

Killzone SF

Eve Valkyrie

Driveclub

Infamous First LIght

Guilty Gear xrd

H1Z1

LBP 3

Let it Die

Uncharted 4

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

The Order 1886

Tropico 5

Knack

No Man's Sky

Bloodbourne

Samurai Warriors 4

TLOU

Now pick which games you want the most

Your "list" is flawed when it comes to giving an accurate indication of what games PS4 has/upcoming so I have edited it for accuracy, ur welcome.

Talking only retail games so shouldn't some of those PS4 games be taken out and Dance Central and Disney Fantasia added to Xbox One game?

It would be good to get a proper list.

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#22 Posted by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -
@tdkmillsy said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Supabul said:

Lets look at retail game that are out, that are coming out and that are announced

X1

Titanfall

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Forza 5

Forza Horizon 2

Halo Collection = 100 multiplayer maps

Halo 5

Sunset Overdrive

Crackdown

ScaleBound

Gears of War 4

Phantom Dust

Project Spark

Fable legends

Quantum Break

PS4

Final Fantasy 14

Planet side II

Infamous SS

Magicka 2

Killzone SF

Eve Valkyrie

Driveclub

Infamous First LIght

Guilty Gear xrd

H1Z1

LBP 3

Let it Die

Uncharted 4

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

The Order 1886

Tropico 5

Knack

No Man's Sky

Bloodbourne

Samurai Warriors 4

TLOU

Now pick which games you want the most

Your "list" is flawed when it comes to giving an accurate indication of what games PS4 has/upcoming so I have edited it for accuracy, ur welcome.

Talking only retail games so shouldn't some of those PS4 games be taken out and Dance Central and Disney Fantasia added to Xbox One game?

It would be good to get a proper list.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to say because Planet Side II is F2P it doesn't count? Also that reminds me I forgot to another game. Deep down is also another game that belongs in the PS4 list that wasn't put up.

FYI nothing in the list in an indie level game. Don't try to compare anything I listed here to something like Fantasia on xboxone, I was just correcting the incorrect list make it more accurate.

There are tons of indie games that I knowingly avoided putting in the list so no, none of those PS4 games should be taken out, infact one more (Deep down) should be added to be honest.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#23 Posted by tdkmillsy (2745 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Supabul said:

Lets look at retail game that are out, that are coming out and that are announced

X1

Titanfall

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Forza 5

Forza Horizon 2

Halo Collection = 100 multiplayer maps

Halo 5

Sunset Overdrive

Crackdown

ScaleBound

Gears of War 4

Phantom Dust

Project Spark

Fable legends

Quantum Break

PS4

Final Fantasy 14

Planet side II

Infamous SS

Magicka 2

Killzone SF

Eve Valkyrie

Driveclub

Infamous First LIght

Guilty Gear xrd

H1Z1

LBP 3

Let it Die

Uncharted 4

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

The Order 1886

Tropico 5

Knack

No Man's Sky

Bloodbourne

Samurai Warriors 4

TLOU

Now pick which games you want the most

Your "list" is flawed when it comes to giving an accurate indication of what games PS4 has/upcoming so I have edited it for accuracy, ur welcome.

Talking only retail games so shouldn't some of those PS4 games be taken out and Dance Central and Disney Fantasia added to Xbox One game?

It would be good to get a proper list.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to say because Planet Side II is F2P it doesn't count? Also that reminds me I forgot to another game. Deep down is also another game that belongs in the PS4 list that wasn't put up.

FYI nothing in the list in an indie level game. Don't try to compare anything I listed here to something like Fantasia on xboxone, I was just correcting the incorrect list make it more accurate.

There are tons of indie games that I knowingly avoided putting in the list so no, none of those PS4 games should be taken out, infact one more (Deep down) should be added to be honest.

That's exactly what I'm saying, you can get free games on both consoles that you cannot buy in the shops (or online retailer). These games should not be in the list. So yes Planet Side 2 shouldn't be in there. Other games I'd consider indie (although I happy to be corrected with proof you can buy at retail) are

Magika 2

h1z1

everyones gone to the rapture

no mans sky

If its not retail it shouldn't be in the list to be a fair comparison.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#24 Posted by foxhound_fox (97003 posts) -

I'd say wait till after E3 2015, because right now, neither have a promising next 12 months.

You'd be much better off getting a Wii U than anything else right now. It's got more 80+ rated exclusives on MC than the PS4 and Xbone combined.

Avatar image for SambaLele
#26 Edited by SambaLele (5552 posts) -

Too early to know.

Gen5 (except the N64), 6 and 7 it took at least a full year to know what each console's exclusives were more promising. Yes, 'promising', because even after 1 year there were still few exclusives to play that justified buying a launch model, full price, next-gen console.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#27 Edited by SecretPolice (32691 posts) -

This year.. FH2 + SO + MC Collection = Win. :P

Avatar image for ariabed
#28 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@Supabul: @R3FURBISHED: nice list guys I can do a bit of research on these games and see what appeals.

Games I'm most into are action RPG like Dark souls, fallout, mass effect, strategy games like Xcom, racing sims, openworld/FPS, stealth em ups, survival horrors.

Hack n slash games or straight up story driven action games are not really my thing unless there is a lot of depth to gameplay,missions, and story, and I never mess with indie titles I don't know why but I just haven't, I guess I feel they are not as good as the big developers.

Avatar image for hehe101
#29 Posted by hehe101 (734 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

Roll with the CLEARLY superior PS4 , and Naughty Dog This might be a good plan of attack in the short term -

  • PS+
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • inFAMOUS Second Son + DLC
  • #DRIVECLUB

lol what kind of flop list is this

Avatar image for alcapello
#30 Posted by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

If you like halo, forza, fable, and gears, go with Xbox, these are for sure releases for years most likely.

If you looking for a plethora of development teams worldwide with reason for innovation, invest in the Playstation Lifestyle.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#31 Posted by tdkmillsy (2745 posts) -

@alcapello said:

If you like halo, forza, fable, and gears, go with Xbox, these are for sure releases for years most likely.

If you looking for a plethora of development teams worldwide with reason for innovation, invest in the Playstation Lifestyle.

There too busy trying to keep afloat for innovation. Microsoft has been far more innovative already.

Avatar image for shawn30
#32 Posted by shawn30 (4409 posts) -

Honestly, both line-ups look great to me. I don't own a PS4, but Drive Club, The Order:1996, The Last of Us HD, Uncharted 4, and Bloodborne look really good, and if I pick up a PS4 next year I'll likely buy a couple of those.

But Killer Instinct 2 Season 2, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Halo: MCC, Sourcebound, Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 is a monster 2 year line-up and to me the best of the best. But you can't go wrong with either console, whatever your preference is. For me I'll take Xbox One.

Avatar image for alcapello
#33 Posted by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

@alcapello said:

If you like halo, forza, fable, and gears, go with Xbox, these are for sure releases for years most likely.

If you looking for a plethora of development teams worldwide with reason for innovation, invest in the Playstation Lifestyle.

There too busy trying to keep afloat for innovation. Microsoft has been far more innovative already.

Microsoft did the same thing last gen, as well. Releasing last gen game as next gen, while sony call them Remaster.

Avatar image for Heil68
#34 Posted by Heil68 (57942 posts) -

I bought them both so I'm all set.

Avatar image for Telekill
#36 Posted by Telekill (7592 posts) -

It's all subjective.

I personally prefer the PS4's lineup because Uncharted is my favorite series and The Order has lots of potential. I also enjoy playing LBP with my daughter.

Avatar image for delta3074
#37 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

Cows will say the PS4, Lems will say the XB1, Worst board to come and ask that question if you want an unbiased answer.

My answer would be neither with most of the games on the XB1 and Ps4 coming to 7th gen consoles it's pointless paying out 400 quid for a graphics upgrade and very few exclusives.

The wii-U actually has abetter Exclusive lineup than both the Ps4 and XB1 put together,lol

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#38 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Few extra pixals on ps4 means hardly anything while gaming TC.

Buy system with the excluives u want because 99% multiplats will come to both of them

Ms has been constaly adding new thing to their system every month while sony doesnt

Xbox-got halo collection halo 5 crack down forza h2 phantom dust soulbound quantum break sunset overdrive fable legends and more

Sony got uncharted 4 deep under driveclub little pig planet 3 the last of us the order and more

Pick your posion

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#39 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

Well I'm sure you won't get a biased answer here in system wars :p, honestly buy what appeals to you don't come here asking fanboys which is better it's lose lose like asking what's better Star Trek or star wars to some sci fi geeks

Avatar image for charizard1605
#40 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

Not quite sure, they seem to be evenly matched, with Wii U or PC being better than both.

Avatar image for lostrib
#42 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: oh this is just exclusives, then some of those lists need to be edited

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#43 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (15593 posts) -

Look at a list of exclusives for both, and see which you prefer. Simple.

Avatar image for xeno_ghost
#44 Edited by Xeno_ghost (990 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: "Look at a list of exclusives for both, and see which you prefer. Simple"

Most helpful.....

Avatar image for YD_11
#45 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

This year.. FH2 + SO + MC Collection = Win. :P

QFT. Throw in Titanfall and Project Spark just for kicks. and a few kinect games like dance central, shape up, and fantasia for some mindless entertainment or fitness elements and does it matter what ps4 has this year? It's really not even a close competition this year.

2015 is a better year for Sony but you still have Halo 5, Crackdown, and Quantum Break for the X1.

If you really want a good answer to your question, TC, look at the posts being made on gamespot. Cows post on and on about resolution or frame rates and lems about the actual upcoming games or additional features and improvements to the X1 experience happening on a monthly basis. IMO, the best games and best overall experience with a console is on X1.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#46 Posted by cainetao11 (33480 posts) -

@ariabed said:

I'm still trying to figure out which console to buy, I'm leaning more towards a PS4 as it seems to be the more powerful system, but I have been an xbox man since the last two gens.

I'm not a Halo freak but I love Forza, I'm still quite happy playing forza4 and horizon on my 360. Anyway I think for me the most important thing is which console will have the best/most up and coming exclusives.

I could research this but I'm lazy.

So all your opinions will be very much appreciated...and unbiased opinions even more so lol.

Cheers guys

Unbiased opinions? IN a forum called System Wars? You don't deserve anything newer than a Neo Geo.

Avatar image for starwolf474
#47 Edited by starwolf474 (983 posts) -

Right now and for the rest of the year, Xbox One has the better exclusives. PS4 looks to have the better exclusives lineup for 2015 though.

And the Wii U has better exclusives than both of them.

Avatar image for inb4uall
#48 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Not quite sure, they seem to be evenly matched, with Wii U and PC being better than both.

This

Avatar image for vashkey
#49 Posted by vashkey (33782 posts) -

I'm leaning toward xbox. I love platinum games so I'm really looking forward to Scalebound, big Halo and Gears fan so Halo 5, the MC Collection and Black Tusk's next game are now brainers. Really hopeful for Crackdown 3 and I'm interested in the new Phantom Dust.

With PS4 the only exclusive game that interests me in Bloodborne.

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#50 Posted by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@vashkey said:

I'm leaning toward xbox. I love platinum games so I'm really looking forward to Scalebound, big Halo and Gears fan so Halo 5, the MC Collection and Black Tusk's next game are now brainers. Really hopeful for Crackdown 3 and I'm interested in the new Phantom Dust.

With PS4 the only exclusive game that interests me in Bloodborne.

I will say this, xbone is looking a lot better for games than xbox 360 ever did. I actually think someone could be happy with the xbone lineup of games. Sunset Overdrive looks great and Quantum Break for next year looks like it could be good too.

Hope MS keeps pushing out games for fans this time and doesn't stop half way like what happened with the 360.