X360 Fans: How Satisfied Were You Today With Xbox Live Performance

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

you know with the paper launch of a certain demo.

Do you think Xbox Live buckled under pressure today, or it was a bungie related issue?

From 1 - 10 rate your satisfaction (1 being very dissatisfied and 10 being very satisfied about today's incident)

P.S. I think from an infrastructure perspective, they should improve their download service. If I'm not mistaken it's been almost 5 years since they launched the service. Hence it should be able to withstand some load by now.

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts
Well I didnt play that demo, but after I got done with a quick Madden match with my friend (While downloading Double Dragon), I played Guitar Hero 2 and checked the leader boards....Pretty good I guess.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

a couple of things took a while to download

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

Some load? We're talking hundreds of thousands of Halo fans that want to download that 1.1 GB BETA(Not Demo).

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Not very, however, I am happy that they addresed the problem. By the way, it's a beta, not a demo.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
Everything worked well like usual. I even downloaded Techu Z and Eternal Sonata which each downloaded in 15 minutesish
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#7 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

Everything worked well like usual. I even downloaded Techu Z and Eternal Sonata which each downloaded in 15 minutesishEducated_Gamer

How are the Tenchu Z and Eternal Sonata demos? I may download them later.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mystery_Writer

Some load? We're talking hundreds of thousands of Halo fans that want to download that 1.1 GB BETA(Not Demo).

Stevo_the_gamer

lol :P, so how satisfied are you? I mean, were you having fun with the imaginary launch of your beloved BETA?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]Everything worked well like usual. I even downloaded Techu Z and Eternal Sonata which each downloaded in 15 minutesishGamer46

i thought the eternal sonata was pretty decent..i didnt they the tenchu Z demo yet thou 

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
As far as lag goes, it's pretty standard.
As far as content goes, I'm constantly impressed.
As far as features go, it doesn't get much better.

9 out of 10.

Obviously that was Xbox Live in general. Being as excited as I was, I would clearly be dissatisfied with today's incident, but at the same time, it's a beta. It's something which was (essentially) a gift for Crackdown buyers. Why would we complain? I mean, we're getting 3 weeks of Halo 3 way ahead of its release. Sure I'm a little disappointed, but I do recognize that this is a privilege.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I downloaded the demo for Eternal Sonata and that free game.  and downloaded a couple things for Crackdown.  Clearly it wasn't Live; it was some other issue with server permissions.  too bad.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

Stevo_the_gamer
It's funny how you lemmings still think Betas are early in developement. Aside from minor gameplay tweaks it is essintially a final game demo. But yeah I would not hold it against MS at all that there's not enough bandwidth to host hundreds of thousands of simultaneous downloads. I mean what would be the point if %99 of the time the load is like 1/10 that.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#13 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamer46"]

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]Everything worked well like usual. I even downloaded Techu Z and Eternal Sonata which each downloaded in 15 minutesishlawlessx

i thought the eternal sonata was pretty decent..i didnt they the tenchu Z demo yet thou 

Glad to hear the demo is decent, can't wait to give it a try.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Only thing I did on XBL today was download some sort of update for Crackdown. It went well, so I guess I'm satisfied. Think I've updated Crackdown like 3 times in two weeks or something. And still they couldn't get it right. Stupid Halo 3 beta.

you know with the paper launch of a certain demo.

Do you think Xbox Live buckled under pressure today, or it was a bungie related issue?

From 1 - 10 rate your satisfaction (1 being very dissatisfied and 10 being very satisfied about today's incident)

P.S. I think from an infrastructure perspective, they should improve their download service. If I'm not mistaken it's been almost 5 years since they launched the service. Hence it should be able to withstand some load by now.

Mystery_Writer

Since no one (apart from a couple of special people) has actually downloaded the beta I'd say it's quite obvious it has absolutely nothing to do with the servers giving up. 

I don't know exactly how many Halo 3 beta invites (AKA copies of Crackdown) are out there, but I'm assuming a couple of hundred thousand, like 5-10. The beta is supposedly around 1GB. When all these people download this file simultaneously I think it's safe to say it won't just be "some load". We're talking the internet possibly imploding levels here.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
its bungies fualt xbox live is working perfectly and there are 3 people on my freinds list who are playing the beta
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
0 my 360 is getting repaired.;)
agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts
so, TC, what exactly is your console of choice? i own all three of the new consoles and 360 has, by far, the best online experience. what were you doing today w/ your console? playing super rub a dub? anyway, ask this question tomorrow and you probably won't get any replies. we'll all be playing halo freaking 3. you'll probably be breaking your six axis for the bs controls in that duck game.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mystery_Writer

so, TC, what exactly is your console of choice? i own all three of the new consoles and 360 has, by far, the best online experience. what were you doing today w/ your console? playing super rub a dub? anyway, ask this question tomorrow and you probably won't get any replies. we'll all be playing halo freaking 3. you'll probably be breaking your six axis for the bs controls in that duck game.agrippi

lol :P, calm down 

Merek16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Merek16
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
excellent, a 9, the only day i recall since XBL first launched when there were wide issues and slow downloads was when the Halo3 E3 video when live on Marketplace
remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
I'll give it a 10... I came home from work and downloaded a game... for FREE! Full featured XBLA game Aegis Wing!
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
as soon as it gets to 100 good bye computer
shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts
it was pretty good ive been playin the halo3 demo since 4 in the morning
racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

dawm it !!

I want the beta ! 

;).its downloading....

racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

I'll give it a 10... I came home from work and downloaded a game... for FREE! Full featured XBLA game Aegis Wing!remaGloohcSdlO

What are your impressions of the game ? 

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

Stevo_the_gamer
im bettng a few million