Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@walloftruth said:
@GarGx1 said:

Console manufacturers have latched on to 4k far too early, they should have went for 60+ fps first.

I can understand why they did it though, 4k is much more appealing and exciting to casual gamers than 60 frames per second. Especially when Joe Blogs doesn't understand the advantages that higher frame rates bring when they are so used to 30 fps (and often less). To this day there are many people who believe "the human eye can't see more than 30 frames per second" crap. In reality the only ones who benefit from pushing 4k gaming are console and TV manufacturers.

You could make a console with the specs for 1080p/60FPS but game studios would still put graphics above framerate.

That's the thing though, they are pushing 4k resolution not graphical fidelity. The GPU in the X Box One X is more than capable of 1080p (maybe even 1440p but that's not a TV resolution) with Ultra settings and 60fps. Instead they chase the industry buzz words with low frame rates and med/high settings.

2018 will be the first year with GPU's capable of proper 4k gaming (60+fps, Max settings) and they'll likely be in the $700 (£650 in my language) range.

True, though the CPU's in those machines might keep the 60FPS from happening either way. That 4k buzzword is really getting on my nerves though, especially when it's faux 4k.

Even worse are these "4k remasters" that are normal last-gen games running at 4k. The state of the gaming industry is getting pretty sad IMO, especially since almost every game has lootboxes and nickel and dime DLC.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#102 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@walloftruth: That's very true the console CPU's are very weak and likely would still restrict the magic 60 fps level.

I totally agree about the state of the AAA games industry as well, it's entirely focused on squeezing as much money out gamers as they can rather producing top level entertainment. With the recent Battlefront 2 debacle though, I think the worm maybe turning and if the likes of EA, Activision, WB and Ubisoft want to stay in business they need to be paying attention to their customer's dissatisfaction with the products they are paying good money for.

Here's hoping the Belgians (and the EU) decide that loot boxes are paramount to gambling and illegal. We need a government body to finally stop taking the side of major companies.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@ermacness said:

@Diddies:

However, the x1x does have a good number of games being displayed at a native 4k resolution. How many people you know, who have a 4k capable PC to total out to 500 bucks?

I'll wait.

Buy a PC with the cheapest available CPU and a GTX 1060. Native 4K/30fps should be attainable by dropping some settings down from max. Kinda like the X1X does.

The 1060 will run the games with LOWER settings than XB1X so you should chill with Spreading Misinformation.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@EG101: And the X1X isn’t native 4K. Not to mention I mentioned dropping settings so what misinformation is there?

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

@walloftruth: That's very true the console CPU's are very weak and likely would still restrict the magic 60 fps level.

I totally agree about the state of the AAA games industry as well, it's entirely focused on squeezing as much money out gamers as they can rather producing top level entertainment. With the recent Battlefront 2 debacle though, I think the worm maybe turning and if the likes of EA, Activision, WB and Ubisoft want to stay in business they need to be paying attention to their customer's dissatisfaction with the products they are paying good money for.

Here's hoping the Belgians (and the EU) decide that loot boxes are paramount to gambling and illegal. We need a government body to finally stop taking the side of major companies.

Yes I fully agree, hopefully Belgium and the EU can set a precedent.