X1 or Wii U - who will be second place?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SolidGame_basic

Poll X1 or Wii U - who will be second place? (148 votes)

X1 46%
Wii U 54%

I'm going to go all out and say Wii U takes the second place spot from the X1. Why? Because why get an X1 if you can get a PS4 or play PC? They both can do what the X1 does and do it better. The Wii U on the other hand has an all inclusive library that will attract lots of people and it also has a very attractive price point.

• 
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Hopefully the PS4 will be last since it's shit

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@Blabadon said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

The problem with the Wii U for me at least is other than 1 or 2 game being Mk8 and super smash bro there isn't another game I want and with no 3rd party support that will hurt. I mean if you have a PC that pretty strong whats the point of getting a ps4 , xbox one or Wii U

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Man somebody can't deal when their selection isn't first. Toughen up dude.....

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blabadon

@LJS9502_basic: Learn English bro.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic

@Blabadon said:

@LJS9502_basic: Learn English bro.

I think perhaps it's you that doesn't recognize English. You are one sad little man....

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blabadon

@LJS9502_basic: Have you ever made any contribution to this forum? Ever?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic

@Blabadon said:

@LJS9502_basic: Have you ever made any contribution to this forum? Ever?

Oooh a whining hypocrite. Sorry but calling a console shit isn't a contribution.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blabadon

@LJS9502_basic: No, tell me. Link me anything. Surely on 149,000 posts you're not completely useless.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I think TC is a pathetic little Sony fanboy and for that reason alone I'd be inclined to side with Blabadon's first answer.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I think TC is a pathetic little Sony fanboy and for that reason alone I'd be inclined to side with Blabadon's first answer.

Maybe he's a Nintendo fan....

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Obviously the X1 will finish ahead of the Wii U. Didn't think cows were that delusional

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic

@RR360DD said:

Obviously the X1 will finish ahead of the Wii U. Didn't think cows were that delusional

Out of curiosity I wanted to see the comparison between the two consoles sales figures...but only saw VGchartz links...they do claim in Europe they are close but they don't have much credibility here. Any link you know?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

If the WiiU had solid 3rd party support it would be close.

I have to go with X1 for this fact alone.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

No the x1 will finish a fair way ahead of the wii u.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Xbone is DEAD LAST and Microsoft has a lot of work to do to catch the great Nintendo. Maybe Jesse from Breaking bad will turn things around for the Bone in the great Bone-U battle. Only time will tell.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts
@Nike_Air said:

Xbone is DEAD LAST and Microsoft has a lot of work to do to catch the great Nintendo. Maybe Jesse from Breaking bad will turn things around for the Bone in the great Bone-U battle. Only time will tell.

LOL

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#18 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

What Blab said.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
@Blabadon said:

Dat butthurt

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Even the trashy XO will surpass that overpriced nostalgia machine.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@TheRealBigRich said:

The problem with the Wii U for me at least is other than 1 or 2 game being Mk8 and super smash bro there isn't another game I want and with no 3rd party support that will hurt. I mean if you have a PC that pretty strong whats the point of getting a ps4 , xbox one or Wii U

ND alone is enough excuse a PS4. Maybe not right now but in the future it will be.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

WiiU taking second place would be incredibly lulzy. But Xbone for sure.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

Power of the cloud, Bitch!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

According to Wiki the Wii U shipped 6.17 million units...no stats on sales...the X1 shipped 5 million...3 million sold. Hmm....might be closer than we think. Interesting.....

If you want the PS4 stats on Wiki.....7 million sold...no shipped stats.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Lol, it will be the WiiU easy because it lacks multiplatform games to make it a viable first option purchase.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#26 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I think it is too early to tell who will be 1st,2nd,and 3rd place.It's not even a year gone by,let's wait a couple of years and we will have a better idea.My opinion anyway.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

I'm liking these poll results so far

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@ActicEdge said:

Lol, it will be the WiiU easy because it lacks multiplatform games to make it a viable first option purchase.

Well if you own two consoles....wouldn't the other one be the one to get multi plats on? Do you need two consoles to do that? I've always felt Nintendo should be the companion console to whatever other choice you make. You would have most games covered that way.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

I expect the bone to pull ahead in the near future.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheRealBigRich

@Gue1 said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

ND alone is enough excuse a PS4. Maybe not right now but in the future it will be.

Yeah and that's fine for some people . Knowing I will be able to play Forza and Halo on Xbox one might be enough for other people. So before someone says that MS ports there games to the PC which is true it will likely be a year later and the hardware it would take to play that game as well as it would on the X1 would be pretty costly . Add that to the fact that even if one person plays on a PC his friends might not and want to play on X1 .

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@TheRealBigRich said:

@Gue1 said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

Yeah and that's fine for some people . Knowing I will be able to play Forza and Halo on Xbox one might be enough for other people. So before someone says that MS ports there games to the PC which is true it will likely be a year later and the hardware it would take to play that game as well as it would on the X1 would be pretty costly . Add that to the fact that even if one person plays on a PC his friends might not and want to play on X1 .

If you have a PC that has better tech than the X1 now....you'll be fine in a year. And not everyone does buy games when they are brand new. I get the ones I'm most interested in...but I wait until price drops for most games. I have more than enough to keep me busy.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

The Wii U is becoming a good console, however the important thing it needs is 3rd party support. It's important.

I don't think Playstation consoles could hold their brand power with 1st party games alone, it's a combination of both that makes it a good buy for example. People buy more 3rd party games than 1st party. Last gen, the 3rd party support on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 was just ridiculous. Anything you could think of that you felt like playing was available.

The Xbox 360 is proof as to how far 3rd party support will take a console.

I'm starting to like the Wii u, but am hesitating because I don't want to pay that much and get a new machine just to get 1st party games.

Everyone has their opinion, but in mine, this is what will prevent the Wii U from taking second place.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ActicEdge said:

Well if you own two consoles....wouldn't the other one be the one to get multi plats on? Do you need two consoles to do that? I've always felt Nintendo should be the companion console to whatever other choice you make. You would have most games covered that way.

Well no, because there is a difference between multiplatform support and 3rd party support. The Wii U won't get multiplatform support, as soon as the last gen consoles stop getting support, but it still needs 3rd party support.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ActicEdge said:

You don't win the sales war by being a second choice :/

I agree though that if someone is going to get 2 systems WiiU is pretty much the default second choice though.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Dude bros are going to help the Xbone leap over the Wii U for a far second behind PS4.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@Legend002 said:

Dude bros are going to help the Xbone leap over the Wii U for a far second behind PS4.

I think dude bros already got one....no pun intended.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

Xbox One sales are are right back to first Xbox sales levels. No more RRoD massive inflating Xbox sales by tens of millions this gen.

The only thing stopping the Wii U from becoming the default second console to everyone's PS4 this gen is Nintendo's so far unwillingness to take the necessary financial hit and drop the price to 250 or even 200 dollars. The amazing games for the Wii U are there but its just too expensive right now.

Nintendo, like Sony, has strong appeal to gamers from all three major console regions: Japan, the US, and Europe. While the Xbox One is stuck almost entirely with sales from the US and UK - and even in those two countries it is bombing.

Microsoft is a long, long way from even catching up to the Wii U in sales. And Xbox One sales have been falling dramatically each month - even with the game that was supposed to 'save the Xbox One' Titanfall being given away by Microsoft in bundles and other massive retailer incentives to move those giant stacks of unsold Xbox Ones.

Both Nintendo and Sony only report actual sales to customers and have done so since 2006. While Microsoft plays the tired old shipped to retailer game instead of reporting their real, and obviously embarrassingly low, sales to actual customers.

The real sales gap between the Wii U(just over 6 million) and Xbox One(just over 4 million) is two million units. With the Xbox One only selling 115k units in its one viable region the US even if Nintendo doesn't drop the price and the amazing games they just showed off do absolutely nothing for sales Microsoft isn't hitting Wii U installed base numbers until next year at the earliest.

Xbox One is and will remain the last place console for a long time. And if Nintendo makes the necessary price cut for the Wii U Microsoft is ending up in last place once again just like the Xbox 360.

The only that will save the Xbox One from last place is if Microsoft brings back the RRoD and Xbox fans start buying 3,4,5 or more consoles like they did with the Xbox 360. Otherwise the Xbox One is nothing more than an overpriced crappy and under-powered PS4 that no one but the most diehard Xbox fans will be willing to waste money on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I feel it all depends. If Nintendo continues to make the positive decisions that they plan to make with the Wii U now, they may end up in second place.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheRealBigRich

@gfxpipeline said:

Xbox One sales are are right back to first Xbox sales levels. No more RRoD massive inflating Xbox sales by tens of millions this gen.

The only thing stopping the Wii U from becoming the default second console to everyone's PS4 this gen is Nintendo's so far unwillingness to take the necessary financial hit and drop the price to 250 or even 200 dollars. The amazing games for the Wii U are there but its just too expensive right now.

Nintendo, like Sony, has strong appeal to gamers from all three major console regions: Japan, the US, and Europe. While the Xbox One is stuck almost entirely with sales from the US and UK - and even in those two countries it is bombing.

Microsoft is a long, long way from even catching up to the Wii U in sales. And Xbox One sales have been falling dramatically each month - even with the game that was supposed to 'save the Xbox One' Titanfall being given away by Microsoft in bundles and other massive retailer incentives to move those giant stacks of unsold Xbox Ones.

Both Nintendo and Sony only report actual sales to customers and have done so since 2006. While Microsoft plays the tired old shipped to retailer game instead of reporting their real, and obviously embarrassingly low, sales to actual customers.

The real sales gap between the Wii U(just over 6 million) and Xbox One(just over 4 million) is two million units. With the Xbox One only selling 115k units in its one viable region the US even if Nintendo doesn't drop the price and the amazing games they just showed off do absolutely nothing for sales Microsoft isn't hitting Wii U installed base numbers until next year at the earliest.

Xbox One is and will remain the last place console for a long time. And if Nintendo makes the necessary price cut for the Wii U Microsoft is ending up in last place once again just like the Xbox 360.

The only that will save the Xbox One from last place is if Microsoft brings back the RRoD and Xbox fans start buying 3,4,5 or more consoles like they did with the Xbox 360. Otherwise the Xbox One is nothing more than an overpriced crappy and under-powered PS4 that no one but the most diehard Xbox fans will be willing to waste money on.

If Nintendo drops the price then I could see it being interesting but the Wii has been out a year ahead of the Xbox one and the difference could disappear very quickly . Especially after MS took out the Kinect and is now selling the Xbox one for 399 and they way they bundled titan fall with the xbox with the Kinect I can see them doing the same or similar with the 399 xbox one.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Obviously Wii U.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

PS Vita

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Sales: X1
Overall Library: X1
Exclusive Library: Wii U

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

If people would wise up, it would be the ps4 that lags behind the others. Seriously, what are you guys playing on that thing that you can't play on the X1? Not one AAAE game to speak of 7 months in.. and that's on Gamespot that seems to prefer anything sony. I won't even mention how sony lags behind in software updates and overall functionality of their system. Greatness awaits and waits and waits

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#44  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

The Wii U is becoming a good console, however the important thing it needs is 3rd party support. It's important.

I don't think Playstation consoles could hold their brand power with 1st party games alone, it's a combination of both that makes it a good buy for example. People buy more 3rd party games than 1st party. Last gen, the 3rd party support on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 was just ridiculous. Anything you could think of that you felt like playing was available.

The Xbox 360 is proof as to how far 3rd party support will take a console.

I'm starting to like the Wii u, but am hesitating because I don't want to pay that much and get a new machine just to get 1st party games.

Everyone has their opinion, but in mine, this is what will prevent the Wii U from taking second place.

I share the same nervousness about the Wi U. It's looking really tempting from an exclusives/1rst party POV (much better than the other two), but the third party support is so damn weak. The ideal situation would be to pair the Wii U with a PS4 but that'll end up costing more money than I want to spend on video games.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@YD_11 said:

If people would wise up, it would be the ps4 that lags behind the others. Seriously, what are you guys playing on that thing that you can't play on the X1? Not one AAAE game to speak of 7 months in.. and that's on Gamespot that seems to prefer anything sony. I won't even mention how sony lags behind in software updates and overall functionality of their system. Greatness awaits and waits and waits

Ah yes, because all 7 million sales of the PS4, all those people religiously follow the rules and decorum of SW, especially enough so to care what games are AAAE and AAE.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Look at the games of the show at E3. All multiplats. All not going to be on the wii u because it's underpowered trash with hardcore fanboys who don't buy third party releases. X1 will eventually win out because it has to.

Everything Nintendo showed at E3: that's all wii u is getting.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

hmm can't tell yet.. but i'll go with the Wii U. there's nothing on the X1 that interests me

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#48 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Haha. I like how pissed DocSanchez sounds every time he talks about Nintendo.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

There's not much point in the xbone existing unless you love you some inferior multiplats and sequels to ips made by completely different dev teams, so I vote Wii U secure in the knowledge that I will never buy either.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

All of them will continue to get some good exclusives, but third party support sells consoles as well. That's why I think the Xbox One will sell more than Wii U in the long run.