X1 has the lowest player count in BF4; PC is the highest

#153 Edited by DeathLordCrime (893 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

So just assumption than

Because not every pc gamer uses origin

You realize their a estimate of 2 billion pc in the world right?

And? Like I said it not like the pc is lacking in competitive games when others dwarf bf numbers can't say the same about the next gen.

Oddly enough there tons more on bf3

I'm still playing bf3 aleast its not broken

#155 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@Cranler said:

It's an assumption just like most people who own a tv had a tv before that. Either way though consolites have 4 choices, computer gamers have 1.

I still fail to see origins relevance here. Also, 22 million Origin accounts are via mobile platforms. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420417/ea-origin-passes-50-million-users-milestone/

2 billion pc but ONE version for computer gamers to choose from. Do you even understand what this argument is about? Oh and what percentage of those pc's could run BF 4? Not even 1%.

Those BF 3 stats are bs. Plenty of console players here http://bf3stats.com/

So Comparing TVs to console so I guess you can;t back up your assumption especially one that's more of a necessity than the other

You fail to realize what I meant was that Origin hasn't been adopted by many pc gamers yet so the user base is much smaller with less active players.

You claim the console numbers would dwarf pcs if MS has a monopoly when consoles have never reach any where to current pcs number. And pulling statistics out your ass I see. Seem to me you forgot what your were claiming. I guess I can make assumption that if mac was a popular gaming platform it would help expand the number of pc gamer

The site gets a lot of the data from bf3stat there was probably some sort of minor server issue like what lostrib showed with the console being at 0 players.

#158 Posted by ProjectPat187 (2069 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

I know people loved comparing the BF4stats user count, but BF4db shows number of players and peak players (24h). The X1 is less than a million players, lower than any platform. PS4 is 3rd below PS3 and PC. I know the X1 has sold less, but I didn't expect it to not even break a million players since Second Assault was timed exclusive.

Obviously the peak players in 24 hours will fluctuate depending on when you look at it in the week

Also, PC has a ridiculous amount of servers, but rent-a-server just launched for PS4

Look at those peaks the PS4 very close to PC while the xbox one trail it badly,oh and look the PS3 version beating the xbox 360 version as well how times change..

Very close to the PC my ass, the PC peak count is almost doubled compared to the PS4, but of course we know you have the biggest hard on for Sony so your exaggeration got the best of you as usual, no worries.

#159 Posted by DeathLordCrime (893 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler said:

@TheFadeForever said:

So Comparing TVs to console so I guess you can;t back up your assumption especially one that's more of a necessity than the other

You fail to realize what I meant was that Origin hasn't been adopted by many pc gamers yet so the user base is much smaller with less active players.

You claim the console numbers would dwarf pcs if MS has a monopoly when consoles have never reach any where to current pcs number. And pulling statistics out your ass I see. Seem to me you forgot what your were claiming.

Don't need any proof to know that most next gen console owners have a previous gen console as well. It's just common sense. Do I need proof to say that it's going to be raining somewhere in the world 20 days from now? Then again it's actually besides the point. If a person wants to play BF 4 on a console he has 4 consoels to choose from buying. It a person wants to play BF 4 on pc he has no choice.

Still don't see the relevance of Origin in this discussion.

Console numbers as a whole currently dwarf BF 4. I already refernced BF4stats.com to backup that claim. If there was one console what do you think would happen? Those 80k people that are currently playing bf 4 on 4 different consoles would be playing on one console while pc would still be at 20k players.

What your comparing is completely different and yea btw when you mean by most like what 90% or something smaller.

Ok who would have thought all those console dwarf BF4.

If we are going to make assumption I guess make an assumption that if Mac was popular gaming platform it would help expand the pc gaming player base because you know there a ton of mac user who could access a larger gaming library if Apple did care about gaming.

Not sure if this has anything to with what you guys are saying but I know a bunch of people who owned a wii and didn't own a previous console a least not the gen before.

And are we seriously talking about how everyone would jump on board if there was only one console and buy it. Especially with MS lol seriously a monopoly that might turn people away.

#160 Edited by Gaming-Planet (18897 posts) -

BF4 is more of a PC game because of the amount of support it gets on PC.

#163 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Look who has the most players now!

wtf...nice glitch. I been playing all week on ps4...its all packed.

#164 Edited by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

Surprise! More people playing on PS4 than Xbone and PC combined.

#165 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

I beg to differ

#167 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@deathlordcrime said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler said:

@TheFadeForever said:

You claim the console numbers would dwarf pcs if MS has a monopoly when consoles have never reach any where to current pcs number. And pulling statistics out your ass I see. Seem to me you forgot what your were claiming.

Don't need any proof to know that most next gen console owners have a previous gen console as well. It's just common sense. Do I need proof to say that it's going to be raining somewhere in the world 20 days from now? Then again it's actually besides the point. If a person wants to play BF 4 on a console he has 4 consoels to choose from buying. It a person wants to play BF 4 on pc he has no choice.

Console numbers as a whole currently dwarf BF 4. I already refernced BF4stats.com to backup that claim. If there was one console what do you think would happen? Those 80k people that are currently playing bf 4 on 4 different consoles would be playing on one console while pc would still be at 20k players.

What your comparing is completely different and yea btw when you mean by most like what 90% or something smaller.

If we are going to make assumption I guess make an assumption that if Mac was popular gaming platform it would help expand the pc gaming player base because you know there a ton of mac user who could access a larger gaming library if Apple did care about gaming.

Not sure if this has anything to with what you guys are saying but I know a bunch of people who owned a wii and didn't own a previous console a least not the gen before.

And are we seriously talking about how everyone would jump on board if there was only one console and buy it. Especially with MS lol seriously a monopoly that might turn people away.

Wii was a once an eon type of fad. More casuals own the wii than core gamer types. Do you know anyone who owns a PS 4 or xone but never owned any other console?

MS has had a monopoly on computers for years.

#168 Edited by CroidX (1555 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler said:

@TheFadeForever said:

Wii was a once an eon type of fad. More casuals own the wii than core gamer types. Do you know anyone who owns a PS 4 or xone but never owned any other console?

Loading Video...

I'm sure there are some people who never owned a last gen console who have a ps4 or xbox

#169 Edited by DeathLordCrime (893 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler said:

@TheFadeForever said:

Yes I do my nephew has a ps4 and he never owned another console. My Uncle has a ps4 but the last one console he had was a sega genesis.

#170 Posted by CroidX (1555 posts) -

@deathlordcrime said:

@Cranler said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler said:

@TheFadeForever said:

Yes I do my nephew has a ps4 and he never owned another console. My Uncle has a ps4 but the last one console he had was a sega genesis.

Casuals

Loading Video...

#171 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@Cranler said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler said:

@TheFadeForever said:

Loading Video...

I'm sure there are some people who never owned a last gen console who have a ps4 or xbox

One person while most next gen owners have older consoles. This guy is a 1 percenter.

#172 Posted by The_Stand_In (889 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@The_Stand_In said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@-Damien- said:

Very misleading......Playstation platform has more players than PC

what exactly is misleading?

ps3 and ps4 combined have more players than pc.

Okay, that would be two separate platforms. So no idea what part of my thread could be misleading

A PC from 2006 is not the same as a PC from 2014 either, but you want to mash every PC together. PC doesn't have the most battlefield 4 players....PlayStation does. Its the same game with better graphics on PS4 than PS3.

Same game? Not even close. It's not just lowered settings like a 2006 PC to a 2014 one, it's massively stripped down and downgraded.

If you want to lump Sony platforms together we might as well lump PC and Xbox One + 360 together as Microsoft platforms, too. Same logic, Sony loses either way you want. Or is it a console vs PC thing that has you grasping at straws?

completely wrong lol. xbox is not the same as pc, totally different, u fail.

Maybe not the 360, but an Xbox One sure as hell is as close as a PS3 is to a PS4. An Xbox One uses a modified Windows 8 kernel and x86 architecture as well as nearly off the self PC parts. What do the PS3 and PS4 have in common? The name? A crappy CPU? Even crossing out the 360 from the equation, Sony loses. Try again.

#180 Posted by Liquid_ (3818 posts) -

the hilarity of responses from lems and their logic:

b-b-but we have exclusives to be played

#182 Posted by groowagon (4612 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

But Battlefield is so broken it's unplayable!

/sarcasm

Good numbers despite the issues. It's funny seeing that 8k servers on the PC, I'll bet 75% of them sit idle for days on end with no players.

Knife only! Don't use vehicles or kickban!

#183 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@lostrib: "What a terrible night for a curse"

#184 Edited by iloveatlus (599 posts) -

The lemmings who bought Xbone mainly uses it for watching TV & Movies. That's why there is a low attachment players on BF4 and a lack software sales on Xbone.

#186 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14387 posts) -

Battlefield had always been big on PC like any other PC centric title .

#187 Posted by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I beg to differ

You beg, but you don't differ

#188 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@lostrib said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I beg to differ

You beg, but you don't differ

^lol, mad cuz bad

#189 Edited by DerekLoffin (9035 posts) -

@ProjectPat187 said:

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

I know people loved comparing the BF4stats user count, but BF4db shows number of players and peak players (24h). The X1 is less than a million players, lower than any platform. PS4 is 3rd below PS3 and PC. I know the X1 has sold less, but I didn't expect it to not even break a million players since Second Assault was timed exclusive.

Obviously the peak players in 24 hours will fluctuate depending on when you look at it in the week

Also, PC has a ridiculous amount of servers, but rent-a-server just launched for PS4

Look at those peaks the PS4 very close to PC while the xbox one trail it badly,oh and look the PS3 version beating the xbox 360 version as well how times change..

Very close to the PC my ass, the PC peak count is almost doubled compared to the PS4, but of course we know you have the biggest hard on for Sony so your exaggeration got the best of you as usual, no worries.

40,637 is almost double 35,362?! I really don't think so. Maybe you're looking at the PS3 figure (26,183) or perhaps the PS4 player count rather than peak count.

#190 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@DerekLoffin said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

40,637 is almost double 35,362?! I really don't think so. Maybe you're looking at the PS3 figure (26,183) or perhaps the PS4 player count rather than peak count.

Math is hard yo!

#191 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

@iloveatlus said:

The lemmings who bought Xbone mainly uses it for watching TV & Movies. That's why there is a low attachment players on BF4 and a lack software sales on Xbone.

I don't even run Netflix on any of my XBox systems. I use the PS3 and PS4 for watchingTV/Movies through Netflix, Amazon, Youtube and Crackle. Most Xbox gamers are playing Titanfall and Call of Duty and not BF4 which is buggy as hell. I'd love to see stats for Titanfall, Call of Duty Ghost and Call of Duty Black Ops for XB1 and XBox 360.

#193 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@ProjectPat187 said:

@lostrib said:

@DerekLoffin said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Math is hard yo!

No troll, im looking at the number that says Players obviously, the number that says 2,538,354 for PC versus 1,373,284 for the PS4, thanks for trying though retard.

"Look at those peaks the PS4 very close to PC"

Oh yes, our bad for not realizing you weren't talking about the column titled "Peak"

Thanks for trying

#194 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@blackace said:

@iloveatlus said:

I don't even run Netflix on any of my XBox systems. I use the PS3 and PS4 for watchingTV/Movies through Netflix, Amazon, Youtube and Crackle. Most Xbox gamers are playing Titanfall and Call of Duty and not BF4 which is buggy as hell. I'd love to see stats for Titanfall, Call of Duty Ghost and Call of Duty Black Ops for XB1 and XBox 360.

So you claim that most xbox gamers are on TF and COD, but that you actually have no idea what the stats are...

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
#195 Posted by Messiahbolical- (5608 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim: BF has always been significantly more popular on PS3 than Xbox 360.

#196 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@ProjectPat187 said:

@lostrib said:

@DerekLoffin said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Math is hard yo!

No troll, im looking at the number that says Players obviously, the number that says 2,538,354 for PC versus 1,373,284 for the PS4, thanks for trying though retard.

Lol, a brand new platform vs a platform that's been around for years and years. Not a fair comparison.

#197 Edited by hehe101 (734 posts) -

Thats because PS4 players have nothing else to go on. Most people on X1 are playing titanfall tbh

#198 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@ProjectPat187: No flaming.

As for a few others in this thread, STOP WITH THE MASSIVE QUOTE TREES! Read the floated rules thread.

#199 Posted by Funk21312 (242 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Impossible the xbox live is the biggest community of gamers in every game ever created ask lemmings...

The X1 actually has a selection of games to choose from unlike the PS4

#200 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

@Messiahbolical- said:

@Floppy_Jim: BF has always been significantly more popular on PS3 than Xbox 360.

I did not know that.