X1 bundled w/ Titanfall, Kinect Sports Rivals in Japan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Just some food for thought, courtesy of segmentnext, Considering X360 version of Titanfall actually made the Japanese chart, do you think this will somewhat help to increase the impact, of course, some more Japanese-centric titles would've helped and I guess without seeing MS's TGS offerings, it's impossible to tell...

Xbox One Day One Edition in Japan Will Come With Titanfall and Kinect Sports Rivals

As we already know, Xbox One is going to launch in Japan this September, and now a special edition has been announced for the launch, which is called the “Day One Edition”. This new edition will come with two popular Xbox One exclusives Titanfall and Kinect Sports Rivals.

In addition to the games, the bundle will include Xbox One, Kinect Sensor, Wireless Controller, Voice Chat Headset, HDMI cable, AC adapter, Power Cord, AA Batteries and 14 Days Trial for Xbox one Gold Membership.

The Day One edition of the console will be priced at 49,980 Yen as Japanese owners will be able to save almost 120 to 130 dollars with this purchase.

Xbox One has been doing great in thirteen markets that it is available in at this moment, with over 5 million units sold already. However, Microsoft is looking to expand the markets in the upcoming months so that more people will be able to get access to the console.

Recently, the company dropped price of Xbox One to $399 by removing Kinect from the console and this without Kinect version will also be available in Japan upon its launch in September.

Furthermore, Microsoft claims that over 48 Japanese developers are in collaboration with our company to develop Xbox One exclusive titles that will appeal more to Japanese gamers.

Over the period of last decade, Xbox has not really done well in Japan, but with Xbox One, Microsoft is going all in with new games and hoping that this time around, Japanese community will lean towards its console.

#2 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

DOA! is the only proper answer

#3 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

why?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#4 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Guaranteed failure.

#5 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8181 posts) -

If they only ship 100 of them than they can claim they sold out on day 1!

#6 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

lems are delusional if they think japan will help sales.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#7 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

suki desu

watashi no saru ga nomimasu

#8 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

suki desu

domo arigato mr roboto.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#9 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Kinect bukkake game.

Microsoft lacks the vision to do so, it took Nintendo to be the first one to supply us with a competitive shooter built around orgams.

#10 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

Poor MS they can't even give that POS away in japan.

They remember the 360 and the horrible RROD fiasco, and unlike Americans they don't feel obligated to buy MS's console because of a need to support them.

The reason Titanfall hit the sales charts in japan was because every person in japan who ever bought a 360 bought the game since there is literally nothing else to play. The game didn't generate any new sales for the system (check the sales charts for that month), people who already owned a 360 just wanted to get one last bit of usage out of it before antiquing it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#11 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

suki desu

domo arigato mr roboto.

sensei

do itashimashite

#12 Posted by Chutebox (43033 posts) -

Look how bad wii u and ps4 are doing in Japan. MS shouldn't waste their resources

#13 Edited by Scipio8 (926 posts) -

Dem Japanese luv some Mechs, Microsoft should seriously think about resurrecting the MechAssault franchise

#14 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

That is going to make 28 people extremely happy.

#15 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

Lol why are they even bothering to launch in Japan.

#16 Posted by xhawk27 (9932 posts) -

People in Japan and Europe are stupid if they don't buy this great bundle.

#17 Posted by xhawk27 (9932 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

They remember the 360 and the horrible RROD fiasco, and unlike Americans they don't feel obligated to buy MS's console because of a need to support them.

The reason Titanfall hit the sales charts in japan was because every person in japan who ever bought a 360 bought the game since there is literally nothing else to play. The game didn't generate any new sales for the system (check the sales charts for that month), people who already owned a 360 just wanted to get one last bit of usage out of it before antiquing it.

The same country that bought lots of the POS3s and the YLOD.

#18 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

"popular Xbox One exclusives Titanfall"

Lol

#19 Posted by xhawk27 (9932 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Lol

PC gamers still play Titanfall.

#20 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

Lol

PC gamers still play Titanfall.

yes? i don't really get your point

#21 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

Meh, it'd hard to say a six month old game is going to do much for sales, but free games are free games. What better do they have to pack in?

#22 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

lol Dead on Arrival.

#23 Posted by getyeryayasout (11414 posts) -

I wonder if X1 will outsell the 360 in Japan? It's such an large console it will probably not be very appealing to the Japanese market.

#25 Posted by Speak_Low (2248 posts) -

This might be your age showing, but you don't use "japs" (highly offensive)

Refer to the people or country as Japanese or Japan/JPN

Some of you didn't even know who the second President of the United States was before Google and Conan

#26 Edited by super600 (32403 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

There are approximately 1.8 million xbox 360's in Japan. Titanfall has sold to less than 10% of the install base in japan.I hope you are not being sarcastic.

#27 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@super600: haha I was system warring a bit with the whole every person who bought a 360 in japan thing.

I wasn't being completely serious with that, but overall points I made were.

#28 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

They should be giving them for free in there if they're planing to be in more than 17 households.

#29 Posted by cainetao11 (32264 posts) -

OMG GUYS!!!! With KSR?!!!!!

#30 Posted by bloodlust_101 (2764 posts) -

The Japanese LOVE First person shooters!

#31 Posted by GamingTitan (657 posts) -

49,980 Yen is like 500 bucks. Not bad but it won't matter. Like the xbox and the 360 they will sell around 1.5 - 2 million consoles over there. Pretty dismal~

#32 Posted by super600 (32403 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@super600: haha I was system warring a bit with the whole every person who bought a 360 in japan thing.

I wasn't being completely serious with that, but overall points I made were.

I knew it.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#33 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Microsoft at the very least deserves a gold star for effort.

#34 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

why?

Because they love their giant shooting robots.

#35 Posted by SecretPolice (31579 posts) -

For NA, I want a Forza Horizon holiday Bundaru for $350.00.... with Kinect in tact. :P

#36 Posted by charizard1605 (82615 posts) -

Hopefully this sells well.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#37 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Dem Japanese luv some Mechs, Microsoft should seriously think about resurrecting the MechAssault franchise

Scipio begging for games again. Tragic.

#38 Edited by edwardecl (2240 posts) -

PS4 with FIFA14 (amazon.jp) = ¥41,120 (~$400)

Xbox One Bundle = ¥49,980 (~$490)

Can't see it winning... unless they release Rapelay 2 for it with Kinect sensor integration.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#40 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

Kinect Sports Rivals will just piss people off, like it did me. That should only be bundled in the trash.

#41 Posted by monson21502 (8222 posts) -

ms could release it that had every rpg ever made loaded onto the HD and they still wouldnt buy it. they dont want to support something they are best known for in japan

#42 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

Christ, I see this tanking very, very hard. Kinect Sports Flop, really?! I hope there's an Japanese equivalent of @FreedomFreeLife out there to soak this up,haha.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
#43 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3948 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Christ, I see this tanking very, very hard. Kinect Sports Flop, really?! I hope there's an Japanese equivalent of @FreedomFreeLife out there to soak this up,haha.

what at me??? what do you want from me???

@charizard1605 said:

Hopefully this sells well.

Yes i hope too