Wow, Oblivion is far better on the PC, sorry 360 owners...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

The first time I owned Oblivion it was on the 360. I managed to do ALMOST everything in less then 100 hours, in other words the game is far shorter then Bethesda said. It was also VERY boring and repetitive.

It was a time long ago that I sold that version of the game, but I recently purchased the PC version.

Holy crap, it's way better.

My PC isn't quite as powerful as my 360 (only 3.2GHz, a 6800 graphics card and a gig of RAM), so the game doesn't seem to look quite as good, but the FAR better gameplay makes up for it.

There are so many cool mods that I have!! From OOO (an Oblivion overhaul that makes every aspect of the game deeper and more challenging), new spells (like one that summons a giant rock / lava thing inside of a huge meteor), new items (full new armor sets and the like), to everything else, the PC version is so much more fun.

I always flamed Oblivion, and for that I apologise, I should have been only flaming the 360 version.

No hate to 360 intended, as I love my 360, but the lack of Oblivion mods kind of killed it...

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
Man, I really need to upgrade my PC sometime...
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
The more and more I hear about hermits talking about how mods make games so great, I'm going to snap.  PC games must not be that good in the first place, if they need mods to make them so good.
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
AHHH pretty much any game will perform, have mods  or look better on PC:roll:  Lets not state the obvious next time
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
PC=PS3 >>>>>> 360 /thread
Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
I really doubt you own a 360 version....
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
[QUOTE="truesKill87"]PC=PS3 >>>>>> 360 /thread

Yay for opinions!
Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
"Hey, guys! Let bash the 360 and say that the PS3 is superior. But here is the catch...we're going to hide behind the PC" :lol:
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
 It is my preference that makes the 360 version seem so boring and the PC version so fun. I have not downloaded any mods for the PC version(besides the graphic mods because its my new PC I need to push it to the limits) and I already enjoy it a hell of a lot more than the 360 version.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

The more and more I hear about hermits talking about how mods make games so great, I'm going to snap.  PC games must not be that good in the first place, if they need mods to make them so good.Bluestorm-Kalas

Thats like saying 360 games must be unfulfilling. Since every lemming talks achievements and how they are great, the games they play must not give them enough of a reason to actually bother playing them completely without them.

BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BatmanBegins24
Member since 2005 • 7520 Posts
I know it's better.But they are almost the same.The gameplay and most of the graphics are intact on the 360 version.And we even get downloadable content.The only difference is slightley better graphics and mods.
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts

/signed
out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
The more and more I hear about hermits talking about how mods make games so great, I'm going to snap out of jealousy.  PC games must be the greatest platform to experience your game on, because mods can make a a great game EVEN BETTER!!!.Bluestorm-Kalas
fixed +1
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts

PC>>>>>>>>>>360>ps3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.baby vomit>>>>>>>>Trueskill87
BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BatmanBegins24

Actually for this game it is:

PC > 360 > PS3.

The only advantage is that the 360 has achievements,custom soundtrack on any game (it will not drown out sound and speech,it just replaces the score) , i can chat with anyone of my friends while playing, and more.And Bethesda said that the PS3 version will have slower loading due to Blue Ray although its not confirmed.
Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts

The first time I owned Oblivion it was on the 360. I managed to do ALMOST everything in less then 100 hours, in other words the game is far shorter then Bethesda said. It was also VERY boring and repetitive.

It was a time long ago that I sold that version of the game, but I recently purchased the PC version.

My PC isn't quite as powerful as my 360 (only 3.2GHz, a 6800 graphics card and a gig of RAM), so the game doesn't seem to look quite as good, but the FAR better gameplay makes up for it.

There are so many cool mods that I have!! From OOO (an Oblivion overhaul that makes every aspect of the game deeper and more challenging), new spells (like one that summons a giant rock / lava thing inside of a huge meteor), new items (full new armor sets and the like), to everything else, the PC version is so much more fun.

I always flamed Oblivion, and for that I apologise, I should have been only flaming the 360 version.

No hate to 360 intended, as I love my 360, but the lack of Oblivion mods kind of killed it...

Big_Red_Button

Well I hate oblivion on the 360 for the same reasons you do (boring and repetitive) so I might try the PC version someday.  It always came across as a game that was better suited for PCs anyway. 

Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hammerofjustice
[QUOTE="BatmanBegins24"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]PC=PS3 >>>>>> 360 /thread

PC > 360 > PS3.

The only advantage is that the 360 has achievements,custom soundtrack on any game (it will not drown out sound and speech,it just replaces the score) , i can chat with anyone of my friends while playing, and more.And Bethesda said that the PS3 version will have slower loading due to Blue Ray although its not confirmed.

wow another M$ viral marketer. PS3 version has faster loading,better graphics, better framerate, less bugs, and more content than the xbox 360 version. THAT IS CONFIRMED. go check out IGN or gameradars ps3/xbox comparison of oblivion.
Avatar image for johnnycoolbreez
johnnycoolbreez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johnnycoolbreez
Member since 2005 • 1105 Posts
It's easy to mod things on PC so even though I only have oblivion for the 360 I would say it's PC
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Well I hate oblivion on the 360 for the same reasons you do (boring and repetitive) so I might try the PC version someday. It always came across as a game that was better suited for PCs anyway.

Chaos_Daro

Dude, if you think it's boring and repetitive for the 360, why would that change for the PC version? "Boring and Repetitive" are still going to be "Boring and Repetitive", regardless of what system it's for.
slduncanlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 slduncanlaw
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

Big_Red_Button
Yyour opinion being opposite of what most professional reviews have stated, is laughable to me. Let me get this straight: You bought a game. HATED IT. Found it to be "BORING and REPETITIVE". Sold it. Then later, bought the SAME GAME that you thought was "Boring and Repetitive" again for a format that, even if it were marginally superior, is effectively the exact same game you hated???!!!??? You're brilliant. Do my taxes. Please.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
After playing Oblivion as much as I have, seeing Morrowind's depth and creative plots and characters just blows my mind. The only redeeming aspect I see for Oblivion on the PC... is pretty much a playable and modable 3DMark06.

Games to buy this upcoming week:

1) Supreme Commander
2) Morrowind with both exansions
3) Thief: Deadly Shadows
4) Diablo II with Lord of Destruction
5) Fallout and Fallout 2
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts

My PC isn't quite as powerful as my 360 (only 3.2GHz, a 6800 graphics card and a gig of RAM), so the game doesn't seem to look quite as good, but the FAR better gameplay makes up for it.

Big_Red_Button

yeah i know i was gasping for breath to when i saw all of those pc mods. pc version>>360 version
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I voted for the giant bucket, cause the rejected cartoons rule. But I'ma say PC cause it has everything 360 has, plus other options like modding and so on so forth.
rifts_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rifts_z
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts
Its obvious but lemmings would never agree.. Its the "frog in the well" scenario for them!
BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BatmanBegins24
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="BatmanBegins24"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]PC=PS3 >>>>>> 360 /thread

PC > 360 > PS3.

wow another M$ viral marketer. PS3 version has faster loading,better graphics, better framerate, less bugs, and more content than the xbox 360 version. THAT IS CONFIRMED. go check out IGN or gameradars ps3/xbox comparison of oblivion.

Wow, another Playstaion viral marketer. Remember "all I want for X-mas is a PSP"? The fact is that i'm playing Ridge Racer 7 on my PS3 right now.I can give you my PSN screename if you want. Do you own all three systems? I don't think so.Prove that Oblivion is better on the PS3.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> console versions. Why? Lets have a look.

Martigen's Monster Mod
Over 250M in 90+ brand new creatures and NPCs, 1500+ variant creatures and NPCs, unique encounters, advanced AI, tailored loot drops and more! 

Qarl's Texture Pack III
The purpose of this package is to make TES IV: Oblivion look even better than when you bought it

DB Shadow Armor ELITE

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

This mod is a joint effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in Oblivion v1.1.511, fixing over 700 bugs so far!

Vermillion and Silverthorn Robes

Gray Fox Amour

Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hammerofjustice
[QUOTE="BatmanBegins24"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="BatmanBegins24"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]PC=PS3 >>>>>> 360 /thread

PC > 360 > PS3.

Wow, another Playstaion viral marketer. Remember "all I want for X-mas is a PSP"? The fact is that i'm playing Ridge Racer 7 on my PS3 right now.I can give you my PSN screename if you want. Do you own all three systems? I don't think so.Prove that Oblivion is better on the PS3.

IGN proved it and also gameradar
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
The more and more I hear about hermits talking about how mods make games so great, I'm going to snap. PC games must not be that good in the first place, if they need mods to make them so good.Bluestorm-Kalas

Wow, no. Mods make a game better bud. It makes it so you can play the game the way you want to play it and allows custimization.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darklord888
[QUOTE="Bluestorm-Kalas"]The more and more I hear about hermits talking about how mods make games so great, I'm going to snap. PC games must not be that good in the first place, if they need mods to make them so good.trix5817

Wow, no. Mods make a game better bud. It makes it so you can play the game the way you want to play it and allows custimization.

Exacly. If a game is worth 20 hours, mods can extend that to 200 if they're good enough. Look at HL2. 20 hour single player, average multiplayer but tons of mods that add heaps of hours.
BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BatmanBegins24
Whats wrong with you guys? Sure, mods can be great (look at Counter Strike and Gerry's Mod) but they don't make a bad game good.Oblivion is an incredible game for the 360,and for the PC.The 360 version has a few good extras like better controls (read the reviews), achievements points,custom soundtracks,being able to talk to friends seamlessly while playing, ect.While on the PC you can do most of those things but it take allot more work.And the PC version looks better and has Mods.But there's also the price factor.The 360 costs $300-$400 while a PC to run a Oblivion will cost you around $1,000, maybe less if you're lucky.

Oblivion is like a 200 or more hour game without the mods.Mods are very nice but it still has a ton of content without them.

Both version are incredible games.
jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jack244
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

Big_Red_Button

My PC is pretty much the same as yours. I frist owned Oblivion on PC and used all sorts of mods but the framerate and graphics werent good enough for me so I bought the 360 version and it looks and runs better than on my PC (1 gig ram, 6800 GT, P4 3.4Ghz) and I havent been able to go back to the PC version even with the mods.

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
The more and more I hear about hermits talking about how mods make games so great, I'm going to snap.  PC games must not be that good in the first place, if they need mods to make them so good.Bluestorm-Kalas
Sounds like someone is really mad about getting less bang out of his every purchase...
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
Yyour opinion being opposite of what most professional reviews have stated, is laughable to me. Let me get this straight: You bought a game. HATED IT. Found it to be "BORING and REPETITIVE". Sold it. Then later, bought the SAME GAME that you thought was "Boring and Repetitive" again for a format that, even if it were marginally superior, is effectively the exact same game you hated???!!!??? You're brilliant. Do my taxes. Please.slduncanlaw
It's not just his opinion that Oblivion is worse than Morrowind. Ask around and you'll get informed.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darklord888
[QUOTE="slduncanlaw"]Yyour opinion being opposite of what most professional reviews have stated, is laughable to me. Let me get this straight: You bought a game. HATED IT. Found it to be "BORING and REPETITIVE". Sold it. Then later, bought the SAME GAME that you thought was "Boring and Repetitive" again for a format that, even if it were marginally superior, is effectively the exact same game you hated???!!!??? You're brilliant. Do my taxes. Please.TNT_Slug
It's not just his opinion that Oblivion is worse than Morrowind. Ask around and you'll get informed.

Yes Morrowind > Oblivion.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

PC=PS3 >>>>>> 360 /threadtruesKill87

/stupidity