Wouldn't it be funny if Super Smash Bros. and Mario kart8

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Pulled a Brawl and Kart Wii in a few months and moved around 3 and 6 million Wii U consoles in about 6 months alone?

Imagine if those were the only games Nintendo needed to move units. It would be probably the funniest thing ever. Everyone would freak out, System Wars in chaos. Wii U is already "barely" ahead, and if these games do manage to sell just around the previous entries did, the Wii U will be way out in front because neither console is going to move 9 million unit between now and next year.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12363 Posts

Yeah, okay ..................

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Charizard I need some back-up here. Throw some 35 millions around and best selling individual party game of all time.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

In terms of system sellers, Mario Kart and Smash Bros are the two games that could move a ton of units, but I don't think they will. I think Mario Kart will move about 500,000 consoles, and I think the Wii U will sell about 1,000,000 over the holiday season.

Barring a surprise Zelda U release this year, which I doubt is going to happen, I see the Wii U moving about 2 million units this year, putting it in the 6 million range.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

In terms of system sellers, Mario Kart and Smash Bros are the two games that could move a ton of units, but I don't think they will. I think Mario Kart will move about 500,000 consoles, and I think the Wii U will sell about 1,000,000 over the holiday season.

Barring a surprise Zelda U release this year, which I doubt is going to happen, I see the Wii U moving about 2 million units this year, putting it in the 6 million range.

If Nintendo drops the price to 200 without a game and 250 with a game, it will sell 10 million units by the end of the year easy.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it should turn the wiiu around....IF they spam commercials...let people know its just as awesome as mk wii or even more.

it wont beat the ps4 and maybe not the xbox either...but as long as nintendo gets some profit...we can get another gen with nintendo systems.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I don't see it happening. Not even with marketing. They spammed the shit out od 3D world on TV and that did barely anything. I like the WiiU, but Ninty needs to quit being difficult and work with devs. They need to stop with the bs.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

Why do most of you guys ignore the fact that the Wii U is overpriced? That is precisely why it's not selling.

The PS4 is just 100 more and it has a 500 GB HD, Blu-ray player, 10X more powerful and everyone knows it.

The touchscreen controller is cool but not nearly as valuable as Nintendo thinks it is. Especially since they fail to take advantage of it.

If they port the best 3DS and DS games over to the Wii U then that would be taking advantage of the screen and it would add value to the system. 29 for 3DS ports and 19 for DS ports.

They would have instant HUGE growth in game library and great value added.

Along with a price drop this would move so many systems they wouldn't be able to even meet demand anymore.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

If they port the best 3DS and DS games over to the Wii U then that would be taking advantage of the screen and it would add value to the system. 29 for 3DS ports and 19 for DS ports.

This what happens when kids in sw try to play business. That is a terrible idea.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Too little too late...if both were launch titles/launch window titles ..then yes its possible. Too many negatives news already. :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44659 Posts

lets not kid ourselves, Nintendo will be lucky to get 300K-600K boost from either game

but to answer the question, sure, it'd be a hoot if they cause a 6 million console spike in 2014, still not going to result in additional third party support