Would you rather buy Horizon Zero Dawn or brand new Switch + Zelda Breath of the Wild?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

Most console gamers have a PS4 (50 million plus sold). So buying Horizon would be a matter of $60 or less for most console gamers while Switch + Zelda would require almost $400. Unless you have a Wii U, but most people don't (lol). So which would you choose, SW, if you had to?

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

Well I plan to buy both... but to answer the question, I would choose Zelda. It's my favourite franchise, nothing quite comes close to a new Zelda experience.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Halo Wars 2 is the wise move so I'll go with that. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I mean, I'm buying Switch+Zelda, and getting Horizon later.

Horizon looks incredible, but Zelda is Zelda.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Im getting both. But its really weird seeing these two things compared so often. They dont seem very much alike minus the open world aspect.

Although this thread is clearly meant to go after the Switch and promote a ps4 game. Which is sad.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Horizon has yet to prove if it's good or not. That goes for BotW as well, but come on. It's Zelda.

When a new Sony game comes around looking great graphically (and gets hype only for that), it's usually overrated crap. So we'll see how Horizon turns out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

Plan to play both games, but nothing day one.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

"Most console gamers have a PS4"...lol no they don't. That's not most of them

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Im getting both anyways so ill spend an hour or two on both everyday

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Switch + Zelda.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Litchie said:

Horizon has yet to prove if it's good or not. That goes for BotW as well, but come on. It's Zelda.

When a new Sony game comes around looking great graphically (and gets hype only for that), it's usually overrated crap. So we'll see how Horizon turns out.

Considering how mediocre Skyward Sword was just being Zelda doesn't mean it will be good.

And Horizon isn't being hyped just for its visuals. The only Sony game that fits that description was The Order.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Litchie said:

Considering how mediocre Skyward Sword was just being Zelda doesn't mean it will be good.

And Horizon isn't being hyped just for its visuals. The only Sony game that fits that description was The Order.

Sure, BotW being Zelda won't mean its good, it actually being good (confirmed by the hours of gameplay footage on the internet as well as the glowing previews it has everywhere- which Skyward Sword never got- and my own time with it) means that it will be. Breath of the Wild is building up to be the best game of the generation so far. Horizon looks great too, but it simply can't compete with that.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Litchie said:

NMS.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

I pre-order 2 Nintendo Switch consoles, I'm getting breath of the Wild with it, and I already pre-order Horizon: Zero Dawn digital version so I'm already set and since I spend lots of money as it is and my backlog of games continues to grow, I won't be bying anymore games until May arrives. But of course, if I see any sales on PSN or Steam, I'm gonna jump-in and buy whatever's on sale.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I think it's cute that everyone is trying to compare Horizon to Zelda. I guess cuz they both have horse riding. Game looks good and all, but let's get through your first launch before you start trying to dethrone one of the biggest names in gaming.

Gotta learn to crawl before you start tryin to sprint with Link.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Horizon for 60 and a Wii U with Zelda for 20$ for 4 days renting.

As im saying quite a while now , the moment people will learn/understand that Switch is a portable Wii U , this 300$ will sound too much. Mark my words when official specs that matter most get revealed ( still we waiting for detailed Switch specs , rofl )

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I would buy both Horizon and Zelda, but Zelda for WiiU, it is a waste of money buy a new console for just ONE game, a game you already can buy for a console you own.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Litchie said:

Preach.

@charizard1605 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Litchie said:

Sure, BotW being Zelda won't mean its good, it actually being good (confirmed by the hours of gameplay footage on the internet as well as the glowing previews it has everywhere- which Skyward Sword never got- and my own time with it) means that it will be. Breath of the Wild is building up to be the best game of the generation so far. Horizon looks great too, but it simply can't compete with that.

Personally, after seeing BoTW, I'm much more excited for that. ...and I don't even play Zelda games. Like I've said in a previous post about Horizon ... I'm still hyped for the setting & story of the game, but the more I see the actual gameplay videos of it, ..it does look a bit "grindy"/"been their done that". I can't really put my finger on it. It's a curse most open-world games have been suffering from this gen.

All in all, I'm still excited to see how the final product fares.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I don't have a PS4 yet so I won't be trying out Horizon until the latter half of the year.

I am going to start with the Switch and Zelda. I have a fondness for the Zelda series and I always will.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

Oh my god, Zelda all day.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

@aroxx_ab: No actually, you can play BotW anywhere, also Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and all the other games that come out later.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@aroxx_ab: Please don't use that word again, you have been here long enough to know that it is a moddable offense. Right now I've edited it out of your post, the next time I won't be so lenient.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#25 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

I wouldn't buy a Nintendo for one game only. So I would have to go with Horizon. If I had the Switch already, I am leaning on Zelda. Though I am looking more forward to Sea of Thieves.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#26 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I am buying the Switch + Zelda. I have 0 plans to purchase Horizon.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

@aroxx_ab: well yeah didn't stop ps4 fellas to get theirs with knack and killzone. Or X1 with Ryse. Early adopters are necessary to keep the ball rolling.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Switch / Zelda easely: I have my Switch pre-ordered since it was online at my preferred retailer. I don't even care about Horizon. Looks like Enslaved (which flopped) with a few Shadow of the Colossus elements (which I don't care about). If it wasn't an exclusive, nobody would care about it, just like nobody cared about Enslaved. On the other side you have a Zelda title that looks like it has the chances to be among the best titles of the series

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Switch + Zelda will get my money on day 1. I'll pick up Horizon when I can get it on sale. Horizon looks great and it is on my must buy list, but it isn't Zelda, which is one of my favorite franchises of all time.

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

Horizon looks better from what I've seen thus far as far as the pure fun factor. I saw a dude fighting a thunderjaw in his vid and omg was it awesome. The spectacle of it is insane. Zelda looks good, but I'm not buying a switch for it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Get Nioh over both and forget them completely.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

More importantly. Is Horizon the Zelda Killer just like Killzone 2 killed Halo? We'll have to wait and see. All I can say right now is that it definitely is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dakur said:

More importantly. Is Horizon the Zelda Killer just like Killzone 2 killed Halo? We'll have to wait and see. All I can say right now is that it definitely is.

lmao

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Regarding console gamers this gen -- yes, most do have a PS4. It's called market share.

OT: I'll get Horizon eventually, a few months after release probably. Zelda does look awesome, but not buying a Switch for a good 1.5 - 2 years to see how it pans out, so I'll have to pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I'd rather have both to be honest as both look f*cking amazing. Not a very SW answer though I guess.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I mean, I'm buying Switch+Zelda, and getting Horizon later.

Horizon looks incredible, but Zelda is Zelda.

Yep, this for me too. Horizon looks to be one of the best PS4 games so far, but nothing tops Zelda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@dakur said:

Be honest. Are you just a fakeboy trying to make Sony fans look bad.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Horizon looks legit. No need to put it up against zelda and the switch. Of course it's easier to buy one sixty dollar game than to buy a new system with a game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I don't have a PS4 yet and I do have a Wii U and I'd like to get both Horizon Zero Dawn and Switch + Breath of the Wild. However this isn't even a fair question because it's freakin' Zelda so that would certainly be my first choice.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

@boycie said:
@dakur said:

Okay, okay, I'll come clean...

lol :P

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

I'd get Zelda for the Wii U (which I'm doing), and call it a day. Zelda looks good, but not $400 good, and I don't know if I'd get Horizon even at $20.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I plan to get Horizon during the summer slow months and the Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart for the family Christmas gift so...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I'm getting Horizon, Zelda looks awesome but I have no intention of buying the Switch until they drastically reduce the price and release a lot more games on it.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dakur

@boycie said:
@dakur said:

I'm a manticore that works in mysterious ways and by mysterious I mean pretty evident. I own lems and they become butthurt through my ownage. That's my duty as an objective manticore. Constant butthurt can enlighten some of them and then they'll see the light and stop being lems, the rest will live in perpetual butthurt. As simple as that. 1 + 1 = 3.14. Full circle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@dakur said:
@boycie said:
@dakur said:

I'm a manticore that works in mysterious ways and by mysterious I mean pretty evident. I own lems and they become butthurt through my ownage. That's my duty as an objective manticore. Constant butthurt can enlighten some of them and then they'll see the light and stop being lems, the rest will live in perpetual butthurt. As simple as that. 1 + 1 = 3.14. Full circle.

I've just never seen anyone use the term 'buthurt' as much before. I'm from the UK and we don't say that here. We say Arsehurt or Bumpain.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#46  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Just going on sales numbers for current gen, ya ps4 is the most popular console among console gamers

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Zelda and Horizon (eventually). I'll get Zelda on wii u, dont need a switch just yet

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dakur

@boycie said:
@dakur said:
@boycie said:
@dakur said:

I've just never seen anyone use the term 'buthurt' as much before. I'm from the UK and we don't say that here. We say Arsehurt or Bumpain.

I like it, I like it very much. This is very good information that I could use towards owning european lems. Thanks for the heads up.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#49  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

I'm getting Zelda... on Wii U.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Don't need a Switch for Zelda, so I'll go with the other scenario.