Would you buy a new Nintendo handheld in 2015?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Say it had above Vita specs, priced at $200, and launched with a good 3D Mario or what have you, would you buy a new Nintendo handheld in 2015?

Putting specs and price aside though, would you feel slightly shafted on your 3DS purchase as it's only three (four next year) years old then with a library far weaker than its predecessor or even its handheld competition?

Would you perhaps buy a 3DS?

#2 Edited by KBFloYd (20058 posts) -

i would....

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (82674 posts) -

I'd have had my 3DS for four years at that point, so no I would not feel shafted.

Assuming a reasonable price (no more $249) and one good launch title that I want, I would buy it.

#4 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -

I always buy new hardware so, yeah.

#5 Posted by intotheminx (2596 posts) -

Nope. I really feel like handhelds are outdated. When I think of people that use handhelds I imagine a kid sitting indian style, hunched over and trying to collect coins. The reason I have that visual is because I only know one person that uses a handheld and it is my newphew who is like 7 years old lol.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (50548 posts) -

Well, it would need more than a Mario game, that's for damn sure.

Don't know if I would feel shafted. I don't play my 3DS enough to feel shafted.

#7 Edited by Heil68 (58123 posts) -

I would not.

#8 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (35590 posts) -

I don't know if I'd buy it immediately, but assuming it was as good as pretty as much other Nintendo handheld, then I'd certainly buy it at some point.

#9 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@freedomfreak: I'm playing Revelations right now and loving it, play Raid mode with me sometime

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (50548 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

I'm playing Revelations right now and loving it, play Raid mode with me sometime

Yeah, Revelations is great. I played a shit ton of Raid mode, but I wouldn't mind popping it in again.

I'd have to find it though.

#12 Edited by arabi_89 (1299 posts) -

Pokemon 1e3202!!!!

#14 Edited by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

No I wouldn't.

I mean hell I feel like almost nothing at all came out on the 3DS.

#15 Posted by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

Way too soon.

Wouldn't buy it until the 3ds was no longer supported and the new one had a decent library.

Ideally, I'd want a new handheld in 2017

#16 Edited by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

i would....

Of course you would. Buy everything Nintendo related and ignore the rest as nothing else exists lol. On topic i would but only if it had as many great titles gameboy/DS had, don't like 3ds's library at all.

#17 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

nope

#19 Edited by locopatho (23527 posts) -

No. I don't want to reward short lifespan hardware.

#20 Posted by R4gn4r0k (28351 posts) -

No way, I only got a 3DS like a year and a half ago.

@SNIPER4321 said:

No i will not waste my hard working money.

Damn, I wish my money was hard working too.

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

No. I just got my 3DS XL last Black Friday. I am in no rush to replace it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#22 Posted by SolidGame_basic (22989 posts) -

I bought the original 3DS at launch when it had "no games". Oh, and that was before the $80 price cut, but I did get those ambassador games (which honestly didn't make up for it). As for the surprise announcement at e3, who knows. There's always rumors when it comes to tech.

#23 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

Probably, depending on the look. I've skipped the 3DS to this point, so it'd work out great for me.

#24 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

As badly as I would want it, I would hold off initially. It just seems that Nintendo lowers the price or puts out a bundle within months of release for their recent consoles/handhelds. I would wait for a deal honestly. I'd definitely get it at some point though.

#25 Posted by starwolf474 (983 posts) -

It depends entirely on how comfortable it is to hold. The reason I never bought a 3DS despite it having some great exclusives that I would have loved to play is because it was too uncomfortable to hold for me to enjoy playing on it. If Nintendo releases an ergonomically designed handheld with a normal sized d-pad and buttons then I will buy.

#26 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

No, the 3DS is still very young at this point. I want at least another two years before they announce another system.

#27 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Yes! in a heart beat. You know what specs I want, I posted them in charz thread.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#28 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (13077 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

No way, I only got a 3DS like a year and a half ago.

@SNIPER4321 said:

No i will not waste my hard working money.

Damn, I wish my money was hard working too.

LOL SNIPER grammar

#29 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

Above vita specs? That would be awesome and I would probably get it eventually. But....

I never early adopt as a rule though. On top of that I would feel burned on my 3DS purchase. The 3DS still has room to grow and I haven't even touched the vitas library of awesome indie games yet.

#30 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8533 posts) -

I wouldn't. I still have a lot of games to play on my 3DS.

#31 Edited by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

That'd be odd, most of the gamers I know (irl) are just now getting a 3DS.

Guess I just got used to crazy long hardware life-spans after the last console/handheld cycle we went through.

#32 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

By then it will have been out as long as the GBA's lifespan so I wouldn't feel shafted. That being said I wouldn't buy it straight at launch

#33 Edited by lamprey263 (35500 posts) -

no, if they abandoned the 3DS this early I wouldn't even bother with another Nintendo device

#34 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

I'd want to get it, but chances are I'd hold off on it for a little while especially if the 3DS got continued support.

#35 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2650 posts) -

Yup. Wouldn't get it day one tho

#36 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19396 posts) -

If it had good games. Don't really care about graphics on a mobile device as long as the game is really fun.

#37 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -

No . Handheld gaming is not for me .

#38 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

Nope, not in 2015.

#39 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

No, I wouldn't buy it in 2015. I hardly use my Vita and 3DS, I couldn't justify yet another handheld.

I'm just not into handhelds that much.

#40 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3701 posts) -

No.

I'd wait for the redesign version a year or 2 after it's released and hopefully plenty of good games will be out by then.

#41 Edited by stuff238 (3161 posts) -

No. Nintendo handhelds are getting boring for me. I honestly just buy them for pokemon pretty much.

#42 Posted by blackember36x (34 posts) -

@starwolf474: That's a really stupid reason not to buy the 3DS imo. There are a ton of awesome games on it and you won't play them because you're uncomfortable holding it?

Anyway, as for me I just bought a 3DS XL a month back so I have a lot of games to catch up on. I'll probably buy the next handheld in 2017 lol.

#43 Posted by coasterguy65 (7133 posts) -

I finally bought a 3DSXL for Christmas last year. So a new handheld would have to be pretty impressive to make me want to upgrade.

#44 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

its not going to happen 3ds came out in 2011 that was only like 3 years ago.

#45 Posted by starwolf474 (983 posts) -

@blackember36x said:

@starwolf474: That's a really stupid reason not to buy the 3DS imo. There are a ton of awesome games on it and you won't play them because you're uncomfortable holding it?

So I should just endure the pain that playing on a 3DS causes my hands to feel? Sorry, but if I'm uncomfortable then I'm not having a good time no matter how great the games are, and the reason I play video games is to have a good time, so how is the 3DS' uncomfortable design a stupid reason not to buy one?

I think it's a damn good reason and I think Nintendo should put more effort into ergonomics for their next handheld.

#46 Edited by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

I never buy hardware at launch.

#47 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

@starwolf474: theres different models to chose from dude. If your hands are too big get an xl. If you want something with a rounder grip get the 2ds.

#48 Edited by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

No I wouldnt need a new handheld.

#49 Posted by blackember36x (34 posts) -

@starwolf474: I think you should stop being a wuss. Just know that you're missing out on a lot of really good games just because the "3DS causes my hands to feel". I'm pretty sure once you start playing a good game you'll forget about your hands.`

#50 Edited by foxhound_fox (97223 posts) -

No, I still need a 3DS.