Would you buy a Microsoft gaming PC with AMD APU(Ryzen 5000 CPU, Radeon 6000 GPU), 2TB SSD for $999? Am I still ridiculous?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you buy a Microsoft gaming PC with AMD APU(Ryzen 5000 CPU, Radeon 6000 GPU), 2TB SSD for $999? Am I still ridiculous? (11 votes)

MS/AMD Gaming PC - 5000 Series CPU, 6000 Series GPU w/ 16 teraflops, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD for $999? Yes, I'm in! 36%
MS/AMD Gaming PC - 5000 Series CPU, 6000 Series GPU w/ 16 teraflops, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD for $999? Not interested 0%
MS/AMD Gaming PC - 5000 Series CPU, 6000 Series GPU w/ 22 teraflops, 32GB RAM, 4TB SSD for $1,999? Yes, I'm in! 9%
MS/AMD Gaming PC - 5000 Series CPU, 6000 Series GPU w/ 22 teraflops, 32GB RAM, 4TB SSD for $1,999? Not interested 0%
MS/AMD Gaming PC - 5000 Series CPU, 6000 Series GPU w/ 12 teraflops, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD for $599? Yes, I'm in! 0%
MS/AMD Gaming PC - 5000 Series CPU, 6000 Series GPU w/ 12 teraflops, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD for $599? Yes, I'm in! 0%
Wait, give me time to think, so many awesome choices!!! 0%
Wut is all this, I hate it! Everything should stay the same dammit!!! 55%

AMD should make a powerful APU based on their 5000 series CPUs and 6000 series GPUs because Nvidia and Intel can't copy. They would have no competition. Then they should release their own brand of AMD gaming PCs.

Of cousre they probably won't do that because they may not see the big picture and want to invest in that big powerful APU. If AMD doesn't want to do it then Microsoft should corner the market and release the Xbox Series PC line.

Who would buy a $999 gaming PC with a 5000 series 8 core/16 thread CPU and 6000 series GPU with 16 teraflops and high power 2TB SSD with second M.2 slot for adding a second drive and a small sleek form factor(because it is powered by an APU)?

But that's impossible, a high end gaming PC that awesome and with a small sleek form factor like that, that would cost $5,000 right? Funny thing is AMD already practically did it with the Xbox Series X for $499. Imagine what a $999 gaming PC could be like spec wise? What about a $1,499 version?

You can even have small $599 gaming PCs that are "weak", only as powerful as the Xbox Series X with 12 teraflops which is pretty damn good but it would be a full PC, not a console. Who would want that?

This is what I had in mind when I wrote about how in the future discrete CPUs and GPUs would be gone in favor of the big powerful APU which can fit in small form factor PCs. This would eliminate monster tower PC builds in favor of small clean sleek units.

In the future, I can imagine home PCs could gain a lot of popularity as right now most just go for a laptop. I can also see that a modern APU would be great for a laptop as well. A lot of possibilities right now for AMD, they are in a great position.

• 
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 4709 Posts

Microsoft...Microsoft gaming PC? When did MS started to make gaming PCs unless you're calling their consoles as dumbed down PCs.

Oh and literally slip my coffee when I read that AMD doesn't see the big picture but a random fanboy on SW does.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 8184 Posts

The most "what if" of all what if posts.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11326 Posts

The last two are the same answer.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#4  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 44872 Posts

Microsoft gaming PC? Could you lay on the fanhood any thicker?...Microsoft Gaming PC?😂🤣

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14384 Posts

What a roundabout way to try to lure someone into "choosing" an XSX for a premium and then going AHAH! SEE IT'S A GOOD DEAL!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 32791 Posts

I’m a console person so I’ll just stick with the Xbox Series X myself.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10518 Posts

I wouldn't buy a PC if I couldn't run Linux on it, but if I could then yes

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 2989 Posts

Well I paid $400 just for a PC case alone, so sure, why not. It's your money.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2228 Posts

@xantufrog said:

What a roundabout way to try to lure someone into "choosing" an XSX for a premium and then going AHAH! SEE IT'S A GOOD DEAL!

I can make a thread explaining the value of the XSX/S for gamers but that's not what this thread is about. This is not a sneak I tricked you into finding value in the new Xbox. The new Xbox either has value or it doesn't. I think it's damn obvious that it's oozing with value, I don't have to trick anyone to make that true. I wish you wouldn't always suspect that I spend all day here trolling people. Wtf, you really think i'm that pathetic that I have nothing better to do?

The XSX is a great console but it's not a real PC and doesn't run windows. I am talking about a real PC that runs PC games with everything a PC has.

Just to be clear this would be a PC by Microsoft and it would run PC games and game pass for PC only. What would make this PC different than any other PC is that Microsoft would partner with AMD and use their money to invest in a big powerful APU that has 5000 series CPU and 6000 series GPU and as a result can be small and sleek and very inexpensive compared to a modern gaming PC.

Microsoft has their surface laptops and they are very nice. They have the Xbox Series of consoles for gamers. I think they should release a home PC by Microsoft partnered with AMD maybe called the Xbox Series PC or something.

They could range from the starting PC at $599 or maybe it would be a bit more for a PC i'm not sure and go all the way to a nice high end of about $2,000, maybe leave $1,499 as the top end I'm not sure what would work better.

The point is Microsoft has the money and partnerships to make this happen. I think a lot of people want a straight forward gaming PC that they can trust will have the performance to run all the new games but also is a good PC that outperforms any laptop for example with a small form factor that blends nicely with your home entertainment system or home office.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39771 Posts

lol buying an APU for your computer gaming

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xplode_games

@Archangel3371 said:

I’m a console person so I’ll just stick with the Xbox Series X myself.

What I'm suggesting here wouldn't be something you necessarily buy instead of a console. This is something for someone who is looking for a gaming PC. This would be a gaming PC.

My idea here is not the PC, it's the APU that powers the PC and that changes PCs in general. I have written many threads in the past and been ridiculed because they said I was crazy for saying in the future gaming PCs will have APUs instead of discrete CPU and GPUs.

This would be a PC and to be honest I said Microsoft gaming PC because I know Microsoft has the money to invest in the APU. But if AMD decides to invest in it then that would be the same for me. The point is a small sleek form factor PC with a lot of power.

Imagine if someone is looking to purchase a PC and they know nothing about building PCs or anything. Don't you think they would be getting an amazing just blockbuster piece of hardware if they got a small sleek PC with AMD Ryzen 5000 8core/16thread CPU and Radeon 6000 series GPU with 14 teraflops with 2TB SSD for $999?

For the upmost simplicity and clarity, imagine someone having a budget of roughly $1,000 but being pretty ignorant of PC hardware and going in to bestbuy to find a gaming PC to bring home. If they buy the $999 Xbox Series PC with the specs I mentioned, they would bring home something epic with years of future proofing. It's not an XSX, it's not a console but it's a killer awesome home PC and great business for Microsoft, AMD if they decide to do it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371  Online

@Xplode_games: That’s fine, I’m just not interested in getting a gaming PC at this point in time myself.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5678 Posts

As crazy as that Apple gaming machine rumor.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xplode_games

@MonsieurX said:

Ryzen 5000 series CPU is roughly $400, Ryzen 6000 series GPU, roughly $580, that equals 980 for just the CPU and GPU alone.

Imagine a super powerful APU even if it is priced at $699 it would be a massive reduction in costs for the PC builder.

Now imagine since it's just one APU chip, they have to just install that with a custom cooler built for it and that will fit in a very small and sleek case and be a super sleek small form factor PC.

Very different than the massive tower CPU heatsinks with the lights and the massive GPUs that take up 2.5 slots and massive case with tons of case fans and LEDs everywhere and you're paying way more for this monstrosity and it's 2020 not 2009.

I think it's time for the smaller PCs, the APU is the way to get us there. Now if you want to talk about gaming laptops, how the hell can the solution not be an APU?

The problem is that such an APU today doesn't exist. Isn't it ridiculous that the most powerful APU in the world is in the Xbox Series X? That's retarded.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xplode_games

@Archangel3371 said:

@Xplode_games: That’s fine, I’m just not interested in getting a gaming PC at this point in time myself.

That's cool, I just wanted to clarify that I am not arguing that this is a product that competes with the XSX or any console.

For myself right now I am planning on getting an XSX next week, already have it pre-ordered. Then next year I will build a new PC as mine is already way overdo for a full replacement not even upgrade. If Xbox PCs existed on the cheap I would get one of those as my new PC. It doesn't so I will just build my own. If powerful AMD APUs with 5000 series CPU and 6000 series GPUs existed, I would build my PC with that instead of discrete CPU and GPU.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 15806 Posts

What is a MS gaming PC outside of a gaming PC running windows?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371  Online

@Xplode_games: That’s cool, no problem.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xplode_games

@Zero_epyon said:

A gaming PC with a powerful APU based on AMD Ryzen 5000 series and Radeon 6000 series GPU.

The reason I said Microsoft PC is because MS has the money to invest in the APU that doesn't exist today just like how they invested in the Xbox APU for their console. This one would be different of course because it's not for a console, it's for PCs.

I don't care if it's not Microsoft, I just want it to happen. It has to be an AMD based APU because no other company makes CPUs and GPUs at that level.

If AMD does it themselves and releases just the APU or an AMD console then that's it right there. If a different partner teams up with AMD to do it and bring the money for the investment then great, that's it right there.

I used Microsoft PC as an example to explain my idea.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 15806 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

A gaming PC with a powerful APU based on AMD Ryzen 5000 series and Radeon 6000 series GPU.

The reason I said Microsoft PC is because MS has the money to invest in the APU that doesn't exist today just like how they invested in the Xbox APU for their console. This one would be different of course because it's not for a console, it's for PCs.

I don't care if it's not Microsoft, I just want it to happen. It has to be an AMD based APU because no other company makes CPUs and GPUs at that level.

If AMD does it themselves and releases just the APU or an AMD console then that's it right there. If a different partner teams up with AMD to do it and bring the money for the investment then great, that's it right there.

So you mean an Xbox with a Microsoft build chip. I think there's a better chance of getting something like this from Apple than MS at this point since Apple just started making their own chips for desktops.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xplode_games

@Zero_epyon said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

So you mean an Xbox with a Microsoft build chip. I think there's a better chance of getting something like this from Apple than MS at this point since Apple just started making their own chips for desktops.

The problem with an Apple based chip I don't think will have the CPU side that competes with the 5000 series AMD CPU and the GPU side will not compete with the AMD 6000 series GPUs.

On top of that, Apple systems are super closed off and they like to push their proprietary programs, apps and everything. To me Apple are not going to get there.

This has to be a PC, clean like a normal PC. It should also come from the factory with no bloatware. Maybe Google can do it if they bankroll it and partner with AMD. I know Microsoft can do it. I don't think AMD can do it right now because I don't think they have the money.

If Nvidia had a CPU like AMD, they would've already done it and would be just looking for complete domination. If Intel had a good GPU they would attempt to conquer with a beastly APU.

Why do you think Intel is working hard to develop a discrete GPU to compete with AMD? Why do you think they continue to include a GPU in all of their CPUs?

Why do you think Nvidia is hard at work at developing a CPU that can compete with Intel and AMD.

AMD has it RIGHT NOW, they are in a crazy position and somehow they are broke. They should be a 1 trillion dollar company.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xplode_games

@Zero_epyon said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

One last point I forgot to say is that Apple products are outrageously, offensively expensive. This would kill such a system. This has to be cheap.

Like when Steve Jobs knew he had to price the original ipad at $499 and everyone thought it was moronic, who wants a big iphone lol. Problem is, jobs is gone now, they have that suit in there now who is making money for Apple for now but really not the type of talent that can start anything from the ground up.

If Tim Cook was responsible for launching the original ipad, he would've charged $999 and all the ones loling at who wants a big iphone would've been right.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MonsieurX

@Xplode_games said:
@MonsieurX said:

Ryzen 5000 series CPU is roughly $400, Ryzen 6000 series GPU, roughly $580, that equals 980 for just the CPU and GPU alone.

Imagine a super powerful APU even if it is priced at $699 it would be a massive reduction in costs for the PC builder.

Now imagine since it's just one APU chip, they have to just install that with a custom cooler built for it and that will fit in a very small and sleek case and be a super sleek small form factor PC.

Very different than the massive tower CPU heatsinks with the lights and the massive GPUs that take up 2.5 slots and massive case with tons of case fans and LEDs everywhere and you're paying way more for this monstrosity and it's 2020 not 2009.

I think it's time for the smaller PCs, the APU is the way to get us there. Now if you want to talk about gaming laptops, how the hell can the solution not be an APU?

The problem is that such an APU today doesn't exist. Isn't it ridiculous that the most powerful APU in the world is in the Xbox Series X? That's retarded.

Imagine wild stories that will never happen.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xplode_games

@MonsieurX said:
@Xplode_games said:
@MonsieurX said:

And when it happens you will hope no one is looking and pretend you didn't slip on the ice, get up and be on your merry way.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonsieurX
@Xplode_games said:
@MonsieurX said:
@Xplode_games said:
@MonsieurX said:

And when it happens you will hope no one is looking and pretend you didn't slip on the ice, get up and be on your merry way.

I really wish unicorns were true.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44536 Posts

I hope you know you really can't compare a PC to a console in any form of way right?

@xantufrog said:

LOL I got a huge chuckle out of that.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 16996 Posts

What if i buy a Microsoft gaming PC and then install Linux ??? does the world explode ???

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6776 Posts

I'd probably get the $1,999 option if it were available. Problem is it doesn't exist.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xplode_games

@madsnakehhh said:

What if i buy a Microsoft gaming PC and then install Linux ??? does the world explode ???

You could install linux on a Microsoft surface laptop no?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4657 Posts

I prefer building my adult lego

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 16996 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@madsnakehhh said:

You could install linux on a Microsoft surface laptop no?

MMmmmm, yes you can.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 57369 Posts

No thanks.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1294 Posts

Why would MS sell gaming PCs, an open platform, at a loss or with a minuscule profit margin🤦‍♂️

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4177 Posts

Well, I'm seriously considering getting a small form factor PC with a 4300g apu, so yeah, I suppose I would be intrigued by this idea.

WESTBLADE85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WESTBLADE85
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

Pre built desktops are for pussies.