Would you be interested in another Chloe Uncharted?

• 63 results
#1 Posted by Ezekiel43 (727 posts) -

I would. I'm down for more of that over the top action and Chloe's charisma. She is what the new Lara Croft should have been, in my opinion. I like how the The Lost Legacy doesn't take itself so damn seriously, like Uncharted 3 and 4, which doesn't fit very well with the pulp adventure style. Gameplay needs more depth, though. Platforming that isn't so automated would be nice.

#2 Posted by XVision84 (14452 posts) -

As a big time uncharted fan, I'd rather they let the series go (at least for a sizeable amount of time before a reboot). It's not often that a series has all solid entries and ends off with a bang. Usually there are weak links or it overstays its welcome.

They could move on to Chloe, but I feel that the Uncharted formula doesn't have much more room to evolve and they're better off moving on.

#3 Posted by BassMan (9432 posts) -

Sure, Lost Legacy was good. I actually enjoyed the pacing more than UC4.

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (50762 posts) -

No.

#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42367 posts) -

Uncharted needs to retire. Four games is enough. Maybe if they want to bring it back in 10-20 years, sure.

#6 Posted by ProtossRushX (4706 posts) -

No I don't like movie games

#7 Posted by Ezekiel43 (727 posts) -

@BassMan said:

Sure, Lost Legacy was good. I actually enjoyed the pacing more than UC4.

Yeah. Problem with making another full fledged Uncharted game is that they'll try to make it big and epic again. With lots of slow cinematic moments. What I like about the first one and TLL is that they're short and sweet.

#8 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8026 posts) -

No i wont.

#9 Posted by AnthonyAutumns (1599 posts) -

Just don't make the game stale like yearly CoD rehashes.

#10 Posted by robert_sparkes (1749 posts) -

I think it's nearly guaranteed another uncharted next generation.

#11 Posted by Juub1990 (8245 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

Yeah. Problem with making another full fledged Uncharted game is that they'll try to make it big and epic again. With lots of slow cinematic moments. What I like about the first one and TLL is that they're short and sweet.

First one is shit.

#12 Edited by Zappat (1207 posts) -

Sony and ND have been smart with UC, they haven't milked the game to oblivion. I think they should let it rest and focus on new projects alongside TLOU.

#13 Posted by Ezekiel43 (727 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

First one is shit.

If the first one's shit, all of them are shit, because they haven't changed all that much mechanically.

#14 Edited by Ten_Pints (3513 posts) -

I think Uncharted has run is course now, anything they make now will be downhill from the previous instalments. I mean what could they even do to expand the story unless they do something edgy like have all his family and friends killed and have him out for revenge where he runs around the city murdering people, instead of the wisecracking jokes you get him saying nasty shit.

I would buy that though.

#15 Edited by hugoadan (163 posts) -

absolutely! she's a great lead character, and the interaction between her, sam and nadine felt so natural... i really hope to see more of them in the future.

#16 Posted by TheEroica (17864 posts) -

God no... Please stop hoping this talented developer will make more of the same stuff.... Let them make something else. Please.

#17 Edited by Telekill (8137 posts) -

They're all great games; even Golden Abyss was fun on the PSV. The problem I have with them moving forward with Chloe as the main character is that they have tons of other branches they could follow. It would seem a waste to not follow other avenues of possibility with the series. I will add that the latest entry didn't feel the same without Drake.

I would welcome a new entry to Uncharted as it's still my favorite series.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#18 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27392 posts) -

No, they can stop now.

#19 Posted by shellcase86 (4115 posts) -

I wouldn't mind. It was much better than I expected, very good game. And like mentioned, the characters were very likeable. I especially liked the random M.I.A. song that kicks off the credits -- definitely had my head bopping.

#20 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5571 posts) -

As long as that filthy *** druckmann isnt involved,then yea. He is ruining TLOU2 and unchecked with his SJW pandering. A.Hennig was great

#21 Posted by DaVillain- (32975 posts) -

Na, I be down playing Nathan Drake's Daughter as the new protagonist in another Uncharted spin-off game. Chloe was good and all but she overstayed her welcome in the Uncharted series.

#22 Posted by with_teeth26 (9104 posts) -

I didn't like her at all in Lost Legacy. they wrote her too similar to Nathan Drake with all the quips and smartass comments.

I really disliked that game. it didn't engage me on any level.

(though I liked UC4 a good deal)

#23 Posted by Valgaav_219 (1969 posts) -

I love Uncharted, but no. Naughty Dog is way too talented of a developer to continue only doing Uncharted & The Last of Us until 2025. If Guerilla can step outside the box and blow us away with Horizon Zero Dawn imagine what they can do if they get out of their comfort zone. In all honesty I think it's time for a new IP

#24 Edited by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

There is already 5 Uncharted games on the PS4 and you guys want them to milk the series even more lol.

#25 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29503 posts) -

Forgot all about this game to be honest :/

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#26 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5520 posts) -

Sure, I loved her and the game.

#27 Edited by DaVillain- (32975 posts) -

@Telekill said:

They're all great games; even Golden Abyss was fun on the PSV. The problem I have with them moving forward with Chloe as the main character is that they have tons of other branches they could follow. It would seem a waste to not follow other avenues of possibility with the series. I will add that the latest entry didn't feel the same without Drake.

I would welcome a new entry to Uncharted as it's still my favorite series.

Maybe it's just me but if their ever was going to be another Uncharted game, I personally like it if Naughty Dogs do a prequel Uncharted, I like to know & play as Sir Frances Drake. That said, I'm down for a Uncharted prequel but not on the PS4, on PS5 in the future would be nice to see.

#28 Posted by Telekill (8137 posts) -

@davillain-: One of the many avenues I was speaking about. Also, agreed on it continuing on PS5. I don't think ND would have time to get another game out this gen.

#29 Edited by DaVillain- (32975 posts) -

@Telekill: ND still got their hands with The Last of Us 2 and that game doesn't even have a release date so yeah, they wouldn't have time at all to be brainstorming another Uncharted game anytime soon, especially not now when this gen is almost over.

#30 Posted by That_Old_Guy (668 posts) -

No I wouldn’t mind.

I thought LL was a good game along with good characters.

#31 Posted by Vatusus (8939 posts) -

Yeah, I really liked Chloe in Lost Legacy. Its a Female protagonist done right. She is definitely more charismatic than the new Lara Croft. Nadine sucks though so change the sidekick and it'll be good to go. Chloe and Sam Drake would be perfect

#32 Edited by Vatusus (8939 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

There is already 5 Uncharted games on the PS4 and you guys want them to milk the series even more lol.

There are already 6 Forza games on the X1, excluding remakes (Forza Horizon 2,3,4 and Forza 5,6,7). Your point?

And if we're counting remakes here then Halo has 7 games already on the X1 (Halo MCC (1,2,3,4), Halo 3 ODST, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2)

#33 Posted by Macutchi (6390 posts) -

nope.

the lost legacy left me feeling like naughty dog have exhausted that particular formula and retiring uncharted is the right thing to do.

it had its moments but in many places the mechanics / style began to feel tired, trite and predictable. i'm hoping tlou 2 suitably differentiates from the uc formula

#34 Posted by The-A-Baum (1009 posts) -

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I was under the understanding that Naughty Dog said they will not be making another Uncharted after 4, and that Sony was building a new studio or passing it on to another to continue the series because the games sell so well. Even though ND wanted the series to end.

I get this is a business and all and think it's nice Sony is not forcing ND to make it but kinda sucks they are not respecting the Devs choice. But it's hard to find lightning in a bottle. Big shoes to fill and wish them luck.

343 with Halo (on top of currently building their own new game engine)and The Coalition with Gears have learned that and it takes time, and you need something familiar to help gamers accept something new.

#35 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@Vatusus: I got the exact reaction out of a cow that i was expecting.

Whenever there's a new Halo/Gears/Forza the cows are first to call it a Halo/Gears/Forza box, but you don't like it when it served back to you.

So PS4 is the Uncharted box with 5 games and cows want more lol.

#36 Edited by Vatusus (8939 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Whenever there's a new Halo/Gears/Forza the cows are first to call it a Halo/Gears/Forza box, but you don't like it when it served back to you.

Difference is, PS4 is more than Uncharted. The Xbox is Halo/Gears/Forza rinse and repeat ad nauseum

#37 Posted by bussinrounds (3042 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

all of them are shit

We have a winner

#38 Posted by Ezekiel43 (727 posts) -

@bussinrounds said:
@ezekiel43 said:

all of them are shit

We have a winner

All of them are 3 out of 5s for me, except U3, which was below mediocre. If you're wondering why I'd like another one then, it's because The Last of Us was also a 3 out of 5 for me and because Naughty Dog isn't capable of making great games anyway. They don't care enough about gameplay. So I settle with what is there.

#39 Edited by jcrame10 (4472 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:

Difference is, PS4 is more than Uncharted. The Xbox is Halo/Gears/Forza rinse and repeat ad nauseum

PS4 actually has two uncharted games....plus Infamous, Bloodborne, Knack, Gran Turismo, Drive Club, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, Until Dawn, Littlebigplanet, Gravity Rush, God of War, Ratchet and Clank and more.

Xbox has Halo, Gears of War, six Forza games.....and then a bunch of forgettable mediocre titles: Recore, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Ryse Son Of Rome. The only good Microsoft games out of the traditional Halo/Gears/Forza were Sunset Overdrive and Ori. We can count Killer Instinct too but I always forget about it.

#40 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:
@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:

PS4 actually has two uncharted games....plus Infamous, Bloodborne, Knack, Gran Turismo, Drive Club, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, Until Dawn, Littlebigplanet, Gravity Rush, God of War, Ratchet and Clank and more.

Xbox has Halo, Gears of War, six Forza games.....and then a bunch of forgettable mediocre titles: Recore, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Ryse Son Of Rome. The only good Microsoft games out of the traditional Halo/Gears/Forza were Sunset Overdrive and Ori. We can count Killer Instinct too but I always forget about it.

So you go on to mention that MS has a bunch of forgettable mediocre titles and yet you don't add the ones in bold as mediocre on Sony's side, you better pull up your pants your Sony fanboy is showing lol.

#41 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah Sony is the 3rd person game box, same shit different skins lol.

#42 Posted by jcrame10 (4472 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Sony has had a few in the last 5 years. EVERY Microsoft title has flopped commercially or critically this gen besides Halo/Gears/Forza

Sea of thieves- flop critically/commercially

Recore- flop critically/commercially

Ryse- flop critically

Quantum break- flop commercially

Sunset overdrive- flop commercially

#43 Posted by jcrame10 (4472 posts) -

@i_p_daily: yeah because infamous plays like uncharted and horizon plays like god of War and ghost of Tsushima plays like death stranding.....all those games have nothing in common besides third person perspective

#44 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:

Says the guy that plays nothing but a copy-pasted Forza every year.

#45 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

@i_p_daily: Sony has had a few in the last 5 years. EVERY Microsoft title has flopped commercially or critically this gen besides Halo/Gears/Forza

Sea of thieves- flop critically/commercially

Recore- flop critically/commercially

Ryse- flop critically

Quantum break- flop commercially

Sunset overdrive- flop commercially

So we've gone from Mediocre to sales now, well games like The Last Guardian/Gravity Rush Detroit Become Human/The Order etc have either failed critically or commercially,

You cows need to learn to stop moving goal posts.

#46 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@zappat said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:

#47 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@zappat said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:

What a surprise, the official i_p_daily denial gif :)

#48 Posted by jcrame10 (4472 posts) -

@i_p_daily: it says right in the post critically or commercially...

Last guardian, gravity rush, Detroit did not flop critically they all scored better than those Xbox games

Avatar image for deactivated-5c119f32a6f78
#49 Posted by deactivated-5c119f32a6f78 (27 posts) -

I was never interested in a Chloe Uncharted, so no

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (35689 posts) -

Nope.