Would Left4Dead work well on the PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pdgrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 pdgrant
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

I think no, because the PS3 doesn't come standard with a headset. Yes I do realize that the Arcade doesn't come with a headset.

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
It could
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

I think no, because the PS3 doesn't come standard with a headset. Yes I do realize that the Arcade doesn't come with a headset.

pdgrant

When I got my 360 Pro in 2006, it didn't come with a headset either, so what's your point?

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
They should just do a version of it with a headset pack-in...
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Yea course.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I've never played the 360 version, but there's next to no communication in the PC version.. So I don't see why not
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I dont see why not.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Best way to play is with everyone in the same room.

And if the headset is the main issue trust me. PC players don't use it very often, and it kills the game for the most part. It's not fun when nobody is saying anything.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="treedoor"]

And if the headset is the main issue trust me. PC players don't use it very often, and it kills the game for the most part. It's not fun when nobody is saying anything.

What do you mean PC gamers dont use it much, its used a great deal in L4D on the PC.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
not many people have headsets so idk. but honestly i didn't like the game that much. i mean its decent, but overrated. anyway, back on topic: yeah, l4d will technically work if valve made it. but dont know about the whole co op feel since PSN users rarely talk.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="treedoor"]

What do you mean PC gamers dont use it much, its used a great deal in L4D on the PC.

Of all the randoms I have played with maybe 30% talked and even then they only started when they were being torn apart. I have a huge amount of time on the PC version.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 treedoor

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="treedoor"]

Ace6301

Of all the randoms I have played with maybe 30% talked and even then they only started when they were being torn apart. I have a huge amount of time on the PC version.

This is pretty much my personal experience as well.

Only time my team uses mics is when it's my friends all playing it.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"] What do you mean PC gamers dont use it much, its used a great deal in L4D on the PC.treedoor

This is pretty much my personal experience as well.

Only time my team uses mics is when it's my friends all playing it.

Hmm wierd, because I get more talk than not talkers. Wierd.
IlovemyAbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IlovemyAbs
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

Of course it would. Just the devs don't want it for the PS3

nazaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nazaric
Member since 2005 • 2026 Posts
I've never played the 360 version, but there's next to no communication in the PC version.. So I don't see why notCouth_
lol wut? which game have you been playing?
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

Is there a reason it wouldn't work? :|

Besides, you do realize that you can use any cheap ass USB headset from Wal-Mart or any Bluetooth headset with your PS3... so what's the problem...

$17.99

/thread

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 treedoor

Besides, you do realize that you can use any cheap ass USB headset from Wal-Mart or any Bluetooth headset with your PS3... so what's the problem...

$17.99

/thread

Messiahbolical-

The problem is not everybody buys headsets regardless of whether they can or not.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

$17.99

/thread

treedoor

The problem is not everybody buys headsets regardless of whether they can or not.

Does that stop you from playing the game? I used to play Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition on the PC all the time and it didn't even support voice chat but it didn't bother anyone. :| And a lot of the people with mics don't even talk on 360 and PS3, so who cares. There's still no reason why Left4Dead wouldn't work well on the PS3, especially if they bundled it with a headset like Warhawk or Socom Confrontation
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="treedoor"]

Play with friends. Your honestly not going to get much conversation from people you don't know.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Also PC users have keyboards so typing in text is also an option.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
[QUOTE="Couth_"]I've never played the 360 version, but there's next to no communication in the PC version.. So I don't see why notnazaric
lol wut? which game have you been playing?

Left4Dead.. Matter of fact ill get a game or two in right now :P
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
as well as it does on x360. lfd wil always be much better on pc.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="pdgrant"]

raynimrod

When I got my 360 Pro in 2006, it didn't come with a headset either, so what's your point?

Did you buy it used? All the systems with maybe the exception of the core model shipped with a headset. If you didn't get one you were ripped off. Also I'm not sure about other countries, but ehre in America they were standard.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
not many people on the pc use headsets so ur logic is fail
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Communistsheep
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts
as well as it does on x360. lfd wil always be much better on pc. imprezawrx500
No way. Sitting down wth 4 friends and playing left 4 dead> Online pc multiplayer sometimes.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

sure if it does on 360 dont see why it wouldnt on PS3

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

It would do just fine.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

treedoor
What are you talking about? I run into people that use mics all the damn time.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]as well as it does on x360. lfd wil always be much better on pc. Communistsheep
No way. Sitting down wth 4 friends and playing left 4 dead> Online pc multiplayer sometimes.

Except you can't sit down and play with 4 people on one console. You would need at least 2 consoles as the game only has dual split screen. And the PC version has split screen also. So you lose this one.
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Yes. If the 360 can do it, then the PS3 CAN DO IT!

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

this is a stupid question. left4dead would work alot better then haze did on the ps3

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#32 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Not at all, you need a headset for that game for it to be enjoyable...
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Technically it would be a challenge to make it look identical to the 360 version because they would need to do the whole cell thing but it's possible
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

This is a horrible argument. I have L4D on the 360 and regardless of whether or not you think every LIVE user has a headset, not even near to half of the people you will play with in a pug will use their headset. I've joined many pugs in which I was the only one using a hs.

In any case, you will meet people or know people who own a hs and use it. Same thing applies to PS3 online as well.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Toriko42

This is a horrible argument. I have L4D on the 360 and regardless of whether or not you think every LIVE user has a headset, not even near to half of the people you will play with in a pug will use their headset. I've joined many pugs in which I was the only one using a hs.

In any case, you will meet people or know people who own a hs and use it. Same thing applies to PS3 online as well.

tmntPunchout
True enough but running into someone with a headset is a lot more reliable on 360 or PC. A lot of people don't even own one on PS3 so even your friends may not have one. I will admit that not everyone has one on 360 or PC but it's not hard to find people that do.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tmntPunchout

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]

Toriko42

True enough but running into someone with a headset is a lot more reliable on 360 or PC. A lot of people don't even own one on PS3 so even your friends may not have one. I will admit that not everyone has one on 360 or PC but it's not hard to find people that do.

Actually, I find it to be true that most if not all of my friends have bluetooth headsets especially with the required hs rule while on the phone when driving in Cali law.

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
Nah the ps3 controller is crap for FPS
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

Nah the ps3 controller is crap for FPSWii_Gamer_277

controllers in general are crap for FPSs

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]

tmntPunchout

Actually, I find it to be true that most if not all of my friends have bluetooth headsets especially with the required hs rule while driving in Cali is law now.

As awesome as that is, not everyone on a PS3 is from Cali as I'm sure you know :P That is good though but I don't think Valve will ever develop for PS3 though, EA will have to get someone else to do it.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tmntPunchout

As awesome as that is, not everyone on a PS3 is from Cali as I'm sure you know :P That is good though but I don't think Valve will ever develop for PS3 though, EA will have to get someone else to do it. Toriko42

Yea, I guess chances are a little better. I'm guilty of not using my hs if I don't know anyone when playing a game on consoles. I guess I just haven't seen too much of a difference between the amount of people using and not using a hs between consoles, especially when it comes to FPS. Anywhooo, we all probably play w/ friends who we know have hs anyways when we get the chance to.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="pdgrant"]

bigblunt537

Did you buy it used? All the systems with maybe the exception of the core model shipped with a headset. If you didn't get one you were ripped off. Also I'm not sure about other countries, but ehre in America they were standard.

No it was purchased brand new from EB. I live in Australia, and here, at least at the time I bought my 360 (now on my 3rd :evil: ) it did NOT come with a headset.

I purchased a wireless 360 headset separately and got a wired headset when I purchased my Gold XBL membership (as a package also with 200 MS Points).

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I don't see why wouldn't it

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

while in co-op modes having mics helps cause communication is 'essential', i've been in many games on L4D where the other guys didnt have mics or else we just didnt chat... i still had fun in those games...

Sometimes i've been in games where everyone had mics but they just couldnt care lessabout working as a team and everyone rushed on his own... so in that case mics were practically useless..

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="pdgrant"]

bigblunt537

was going to say the same. the pro came with a h/s

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Sure, why not?
glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]Nah the ps3 controller is crap for FPSwashd123

controllers in general are crap for FPSs

Well said. :lol:
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

it could, i haven't played it on 360, but it woks well on pc and i don't have a headset. it tends to be one or two guys with a mic and they say where to go etc. if i need to speak i just type a message, it only takes a second on pc.

do alot talk on 360 left4dead?

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

this war has hit the ultimate stalemate.

Seriously, we're counting pixels, discussing quite similar controllers as if they're from different planets and "it does'nt come with a headset" is now sw ammo.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

while in co-op modes having mics helps cause communication is 'essential', i've been in many games on L4D where the other guys didnt have mics or else we just didnt chat... i still had fun in those games...

Sometimes i've been in games where everyone had mics but they just couldnt care lessabout working as a team and everyone rushed on his own... so in that case mics were practically useless..

Malta_1980
yeah that's really annoying, fifa 10 vs 10 can be one of the worst experiences ever, people just running off the pitch or 4-5 people running after the ball and shooting from anywhere, really annoying. it's funny on the pc version of l4d when a guy says ok there's a witch up ahead get the shotguns ready, and some guy just runs ahead and shines a torch on her and get's killed. or when people run off from the group and just get's killed by a horde of zombies somewhere.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

certainly it would.