Would Killzone be as popular if it were multiplat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

I finally bought a used copy of Shadowfall and I have to say it's one of the most uninspired, lackluster shooters I've played in a long time.

Make no mistakes though, Killzone 2 was a good game, but Shadowfall has the same problem that Killzone 3 has, it's too arcade and COD like.

Would people actually give two sh*ts about this series if it were multiplat? Because I get the feeling it's only popular (relatively speaking) because it's a Sony exclusive.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

No if the game series was actually good more people would care about it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Never interested me.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

More sales, less forum talk. It really is a average game. Shame 'cause KZ2 was really good, especially the MP

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I'm sure it would still be successful because of its graphics, combined with the fact that most people are graphics whores. Just look at how great battlefield is doing and that game is not that great.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@-Snooze- said:

More sales, less forum talk. It really is a average game. Shame 'cause KZ2 was really good, especially the MP

Agreed, it had a heavy feel, Shadowfall should of went that route instead of the KZ3 route which made the game too arcadey and COD like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Popular? Is one of the most hated franchises in gaming I've ever seen... I myself am not a fan cause I dont like FPS games in general but Killzone games are among the few ones I actually enjoyed quite a bit. Havent played SF yet but Killzone games in general get too much undeserved hate imo

inb4mems butthurt over the fact I prefer Killzone games over Halo

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

If it was multiplat Lems would love it... almost as much as other FPS multiplats we know XD.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

A lot of people would still want to play it to see the graphics, like Crysis. But if it were multiplat, the graphics probably wouldn't be as good so idk

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Killzone only gets hate becuz Cows like Killzone.

Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

Wait a minute a couple of cows said KZSF was a more hardcore shooter because it had no aim assist I guess its still a cod like game without it then

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

nope. failed wanna be halo killer exclusive. sony should of killed it with 3

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

It probably would be more popular since all the jealous lems bashing it would actually get to play a 1080p FPS.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

It would have been put to rest after the disaster 1 was and nobody would even remember it by now. KZ solely exists because Sony needs an exclusive FPS.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Killzone will stay unpopular and crappy no matter the amount of systems its available on until their dev team wake the fak up and create a story that isn't something a 7y could have wrote. I don't understand how can such a talented team when it comes to tech isn't able to do shit when it comes to campaign and general feel of next generation gaming... a multi million game with worst story than a 10k idie title wtf is that. This goes to Craptek as well but at least they have an engine to borrow while GG has nothing but showcase playstation power in a shitty game

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
@FragTycoon said:

If it was multiplat Lems would love it... almost as much as other FPS multiplats we know XD.

Yea, no. If it was multiplat, it would be the equivalent of Crysis 3.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I doubt it. I think it would still have a pretty sizable fanbase (a million copies sold is nothing to sneeze at, especially on a new system), but it wouldn't suddenly be super popular because of multi-plat status.

You have to stand out from the crowd to be truly great in the FPS genre today. Killzone doesn't do that. It's a competent and solid series, but little else.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

I doubt it. I think it would still have a pretty sizable fanbase (a million copies sold is nothing to sneeze at, especially on a new system), but it wouldn't suddenly be super popular because of multi-plat status.

You have to stand out from the crowd to be truly great in the FPS genre today. Killzone doesn't do that. It's a competent and solid series, but little else.

Resistance: Fall of Man sold 4 million.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Resistance: Fall of Man sold 4 million.

What does that have to do with Killzone?

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Demon Souls become more popular a a multiplat so in a sense yes, but then there is also the fact that the FPS genre is oversaturated and peoples expectations is higher so

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

Nope.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

I doubt it,it´s one of those average series that gets hype mostly because it´s exclusive.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It's just missing that spark which makes a game truly interesting. I don't know why. KZ2 and 3 were pretty good. Not amazing but good. And the setting of this one is great. But its no classic that's for sure.

The freefalling sections are unnecessarily random and stupid (albeit attractive) and there aren't enough big battles. It's a bit of a shame. I love sci fi and the space cold war thing they have going on is interesting. As usual though, the main characters aren't good enough to care about.

It can't have escaped everyone's attention that up until this one the bad guys were British space nazis. This time some of the helghast have american accents....the sympathetic ones mainly. I get the impression one of the developers doesn't like us very much.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

The opposite would happen. The only reason it gets hyped is because it is exclusive. If it were multiplat nobody would care.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Probably not. It'd probably be like Medal of Honor and all those other mediocre FPS games that faded into obscurity last gen

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@mems_1224: Conversely, it wouldn't be judged on being an almighty exclusive so certain people would be kinder to it. Not that it would be elevated to legendary status, it would probably be down as a decent game instead of an all or nothing one.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

It would actually be worse, because the only thing keeping the game alive are retarded cows proud of Borezone being an exclusive. If it were multiplat neither lems or cows would give a **** and the game would be bashed for being what it really is.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

No, look at the first Killzone. Most people did not even know about that game. SO many choises between games back in the day.