Worst reboot franchise this gen? Tomb raider or Wolfenstien?

• 75 results
Posted by Ghosts4ever (10016 posts) 12 days, 2 hours ago

Poll: Worst reboot franchise this gen? Tomb raider or Wolfenstien? (43 votes)

Tomb Raider 37%
Wolfenstein 63%

Hello friends,

In this thread we discuss about what is worst Reboot series happened this generation?

so my friends, i found both of series easily worst reboot this gen. Tomb Raider is uncharted wanna be with QTE, cinematics, terrible combat, see through walls and bad stealth mechanics. while i never like any TR game before but most TR fans prefer original games. infact latest tomb raider reboot game become so bad that square enix has to put it on rest.

wolfenstein on other hand become some of the worst FPS games ever this generation. i mean machinegames turn wolfenstein into one of my most hated franchise. as RTCW was amazing game of its time. the new one is coming this month and it looks like it will be worst FPS this year along with borderlands 3 imo.

so which reboot series you think is worse of 2? lets vote and discuss.

#51 Posted by IgGy621985 (5521 posts) -

I played only the first titles in those two rebooted franchises, but I somewhat enjoyed both of those games.

On the other hand, I didn't have an interest in playing the sequels.

When it comes to the franchises as a whole and the quality of their reboots, imho:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein >> Wolfenstein Reboot

All Tomb Raider titles before the reboot <<<< Tomb Raider reboot

#52 Posted by PAL360 (29595 posts) -

Honestly none. Both series have awesome games.

#53 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10016 posts) -

@calvincfb said:
@dzimm said:

I've never played Wolfenstein, but the new Tomb Raider games are trash with bloated cutscenes and linear, on-the-rails gameplay. Playing it felt like going through the motions rather than the player mapping out their own adventure.

All Tomb Raider games are linear, what did you expect?

newer one are more scripted. even though rise has open world elements. its still feel incredibly linear and scripted.

the protagonist only whine "this is sooo hard" and combat is among the worst i have ever seen.

#54 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@calvincfb said:
@dzimm said:

I've never played Wolfenstein, but the new Tomb Raider games are trash with bloated cutscenes and linear, on-the-rails gameplay. Playing it felt like going through the motions rather than the player mapping out their own adventure.

newer one are more scripted. even though rise has open world elements. its still feel incredibly linear and scripted.

the protagonist only whine "this is sooo hard" and combat is among the worst i have ever seen.

Your opinion is not valid, since you're not even a real person.

#55 Edited by robert_sparkes (3094 posts) -

None were really bad this gen wolfeintein might have gone way over the top with 2. Tomb raider I've enjoyed.

#56 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10016 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

Your opinion is not valid, since you're not even a real person.

come on recloud. I always respect you and your opinion.

#57 Edited by dzimm (5494 posts) -
@calvincfb said:
@dzimm said:

Perhaps I should have said "scripted" rather than linear. That's what I meant when I said that playing it felt like going through the motions. I wasn't creating my own experience, I was just following the golden path to have the experience the developers wanted me to have.

You can read my user review if you want a more in-depth critique.

#58 Posted by Random_Matt (4251 posts) -

Rather play wolf3D than the new shite. Rather play the older TR than the new shite, although I did finish the TR reboots.

#59 Edited by clone01 (27489 posts) -

both good, you're just an idiot, sniper.

#60 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10016 posts) -

@dzimm said:
@calvincfb said:
@dzimm said:

Perhaps I should have said "scripted" rather than linear. That's what I meant when I said that playing it felt like going through the motions. I wasn't creating my own experience, I was just following the golden path to have the experience the developers wanted me to have.

Nice review. although,

https://www.gamespot.com/tomb-raider/user-reviews/2200-12689535/

This is better review,

#61 Posted by djoffer (1377 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: maybe people would take you more serious if you didn’t name every game you don’t like worst game ever...

#62 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@djoffer said:

@ghosts4ever: maybe people would take you more serious if you didn’t name every game you don’t like worst game ever...

The guy only likes fps games and he is uninspiredcup alt, it's his persona. He is not a real person.

#63 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10016 posts) -

@djoffer said:

Resident Evil 2 remake i dont like much is barely ok but overrated. games like tomb raider and wolfenstein are some of the worst games ever i think.

#64 Posted by kingtito (10378 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Worst alt this week

Option 1: Ghosts4ever

or his brother

Option 2: Brah4ever

Option 3: both

Option 4: All of the above AND Doom.

LOLOLOLOLOL hilarious

#65 Posted by dzimm (5494 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@dzimm said:
@calvincfb said:
@dzimm said:

Nice review. although,

https://www.gamespot.com/tomb-raider/user-reviews/2200-12689535/

This is better review,

I always try to apply the Roger Ebert standard of at least accurately describing the thing I'm reviewing.

#66 Posted by ZmanBarzel (1924 posts) -

I'd say that as great as it was, "Wolfenstein" wins this poll since the "Tomb Raider" reboot was last generation on PS3/XB360.

#67 Edited by Ant_17 (12559 posts) -

TR is worst for sure.

#68 Posted by Worlds_Apart (184 posts) -

I haven't played Wolfenstein 2 but I thought The New Order was excellent. Don't understand why people dislike it.

#69 Posted by Robbie23 (367 posts) -

I enjoyed the first wolfenstein reboot, but the second game was really pushy with its political agenda to the point where it got annoying. Grace was such a terrible character and ruined the story.

#70 Posted by AJStyles (920 posts) -

Both are Awesome and the best of the each franchise.

Wolfenstein was a terrible overrated PC franchise before the reboot. Now the games are actually great.

Tomb Raider on PS1 is outdated and bad now. The PS2/PS3 games are just average. The reboot trilogy is a huge success and the games are awesome.

I don’t understand why you hate the reboots when both series destroy the originals.

You have got to be a delusional hermit if you believe some terrible PC game from 1994 is better than the new games.

#71 Posted by thereal25 (1789 posts) -

DEFINITELY Wolfenstein reboots (post rtc).

Tomb raider games are okay, I guess - nothing special tho.

#72 Posted by SaltSlasher (1150 posts) -

They both share something in common.

Reboot was fucking awesome. TR 2013 and New Order, are some of my favorite games this decade. However, by 3rd release in Shadow of the TR and New Colossus, although really good games, they weren't epic, just like Akrham Knight is good and was fun, but it is no where near as epic as Asylum was, nor lived up to the name City gave the franchise.

I love all the releases, it's just lame when the first release is your favorite, cause means they didn't make it better.

#73 Posted by VFighter (5024 posts) -

@ajstyles: You're as big of a nut job/troll as Ghost is.

#74 Posted by CTR360 (8709 posts) -

neither i love both of them

#75 Posted by robert_sparkes (3094 posts) -

Another is the thief reboot.