Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@Bond007uk said:

@Xabiss: Yeah, I know about the Commodore CDTV, it was a major flop, although at the time it looked awesome - at least it did in pictures anyway. Far too ahead of it's time, and expensive.

But in your list, last but one, you've put the C64? The C64 sold over 30 million machines, that's excellent for a 1980's computer. It was also my first computer, way back in 1987.

Oops I didnt mean to put the C64 in the list I was thinking the CDTV. That was an accident.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Upon entering the thread I was hoping for giggles. I wasn't disappointed. lol :P

Virtual Boy, is the correct answer.

You also have to throw in there the Phillips CD-i, 3DO and Atari Jaguar.

I was dumb enough to buy a 3DO because I thought it would be more powerful than the Neo Geo only the games on CD would be $50 instead of the $300 Neo Geo games. I ended spending $700 on the 3DO only to play a few cool games such as Crash and Burn and arcade perfect Super Street Fighter. Two years later 3DOs were discounted all the way down to $200 and less and included a few games bundled. A year after that it didn't exist anymore.

The Virtual Boy may be the worst system ever because it even was bad for your eyes and was worthless game wise but at least it didn't cost you $700, The Phillips CD-i had a Zelda game but it was worthless as was everything else on that system. That was a trash system. The Atari Jaguar was terrible as well but it wasn't as expensive as the 3DO or Phillips CD-i so I think it wasn't as terrible. It also had a few ok games to play on it.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@xantufrog: Just trolls. To date the Dreamcast is the console I probably had the most fun with at the time. It's games have aged now in many cases but that's not the point.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@Litchie said:
@elkoldo said:

PC

Kind of amazing how such a short post can be so stupid.

Funny thing is, the thread ask for consoles, it didn't say "worst system ever made" at all lol.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Xplode_games: This thread isn’t really a debate. Apple Pippin is the worst system ever made.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@knight-k said:
@xhedon said:

PS4.

Almost no exclusives, inferior mulitplats, superior version of the pathetic line up of exclusives are on PC, shit UI, overpriced, ugly tiered casing,...

Only braindead fanboys will buy that garbage.

Funny how much your ponies use that picture anytime someone hates on PS4. Its kind of sad that anytime some hurts you, you have to go and try and hurt Xbox fans, even if it is a PC or Nintendo person doing the hating on PS4.

Considering what PS1 and PS2 are, I'd allow PS4 on list of worst consoles of all time. Like I get ponies are riding on exclusives as only thing, but that is pretty lame reason to own a machine. I wouldn't let Sony abuse me just cause I like their 1st party games.

My answer to question, Nintendo and PlayStation damn sure have bids in worst console, but Xbox never made a bad one, there is zero consoles from Xbox, 2 from Sony and at least 4 from Nintendo who'd make ballot.

Jippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Jippo
Member since 2018 • 183 Posts

@Sevenizz: Knight is a ps4 fan boy

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9779 Posts

Hands down, and without any discussion...it was the CD32. One of the first consoles with a CD player, it sold 100,000 units, and was pulled less than a year later. Awful games, and it was the console that killed Commodore, who dominated the home computer market before pc took off.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@jippo: I figured.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

Xbone, after M$ shit their pants and threw out everything of value, leaving a watered down PC with a weak GPU for nothing.

And it was all in vein. Sales never came close to the PS4's.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#111 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@jackamomo: The worst console for me isn't an old 70's one because that's too easy. I would say the Jaguar because it represent Atari's exit from the console race just by poor management. Arguably the exact Same problem Sega had which is not having their sh*t in order like Nintendo mostly do. Nintendo have a cash surplus of billions whilst MS, Sony and Sega regularly go into debt.

Now I'll agree with your assessment of the Jaguar possibly being the worst. But please tell me when MS has been in debt. As a long time investor I know they launched a major bond issue in 2017. Bonds are known as "debt securities". But they as a corporation do not "regularly go into debt".

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

@cainetao11: Maybe not so much MS then. I know Sony was in financial difficulty recently and Playstation was the only profitable part.

I think the MS xbox division operates at a loss at times due to costly consoles.

https://www.compelo.com/xbox-net-worth/

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 cainetao11

@jackamomo said:

@cainetao11: Maybe not so much MS then. I know Sony was in financial difficulty recently and Playstation was the only profitable part.

I think the MS xbox division operates at a loss at times due to costly consoles.

https://www.compelo.com/xbox-net-worth/

I cant buy shares of the Xbox division. I cant buy shares of PlayStation either. That's why I don't give a crap about divisions financials until the Corporation itself says something about it.

People on SW have said throughout this gen that the shareholders wont put up with the Xbox division not making profit and its going to be sold off. But here we are with the Xbox division buying more studios to broaden itself. Why? Because the stock has never traded higher and they recently became the wealthiest corp passing Apple. We shareholders aren't worried about the Xbox division's financials LOL

Even PS was in the shitter with the PS3 when Sony as a whole was massively in debt. PS4 using off the shelf parts rather then shit like Cell processor was very fiscally responsible by them.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

@cainetao11: I'm sure MS corp will support xbox as long as it needs to. Until they figure out how to make money on consoles unless Live and online store will be enough for it to make money.

I just wanted to buy Steam stocks years ago but it turns out Valve isn't public. Bah.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 cainetao11

@jackamomo said:

@cainetao11: I'm sure MS corp will support xbox as long as it needs to. Until they figure out how to make money on consoles unless Live and online store will be enough for it to make money.

I just wanted to buy Steam stocks years ago but it turns out Valve isn't public. Bah.

Tell me about it. Newell and co just wont go public.

I don't think making money on consoles is the goal. Is it good to sell as many as possible? Of course, but the income is from software and services.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#116 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Don't name your console or CPU Jaguar.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#117 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts
@davillain- said:
@Litchie said:
@elkoldo said:

PC

Kind of amazing how such a short post can be so stupid.

Funny thing is, the thread ask for consoles, it didn't say "worst system ever made" at all lol.

And that's just one of the reasons the post was seriously dumb.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@SecretPolice said:

Upon entering the thread I was hoping for giggles. I wasn't disappointed. lol :P

Virtual Boy, is the correct answer.

You also have to throw in there the Phillips CD-i, 3DO and Atari Jaguar.

I was dumb enough to buy a 3DO because I thought it would be more powerful than the Neo Geo only the games on CD would be $50 instead of the $300 Neo Geo games. I ended spending $700 on the 3DO only to play a few cool games such as Crash and Burn and arcade perfect Super Street Fighter. Two years later 3DOs were discounted all the way down to $200 and less and included a few games bundled. A year after that it didn't exist anymore.

The Virtual Boy may be the worst system ever because it even was bad for your eyes and was worthless game wise but at least it didn't cost you $700, The Phillips CD-i had a Zelda game but it was worthless as was everything else on that system. That was a trash system. The Atari Jaguar was terrible as well but it wasn't as expensive as the 3DO or Phillips CD-i so I think it wasn't as terrible. It also had a few ok games to play on it.

So funny story, I too jumped on the 3DO right outta the gate with the $699.99 price tag but when they dropped the price down to $399.99, I had a friend at Babbages who pulled a fast one, took mine as a return for the full $699.99 then sold it back to me at $399.99. Don't know how but I asked no questions. lol

Anyway, my family and I had some real great times with that system. Twisted the Game Show, Madden Football, Crash & Burn, Need for Speed, Road Rash, Way of the Warrior, Killing Time, SF2 with the new controller. etc. and I still have my original Panasonic, 3DO today. So my pick remains VB, for many reasons including those you mentioned. :P