World Revealing Game Informer Cover Withheld (Edit: it was just COD multiplayer)

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Coyful (373 posts) -

I don't understand how game magazines (or any hobby/enthusiast magazine) can stay in business with the internet around, let alone how Game Informer score all these exclusives, but they're doing it again... incidentallyGametrailers is doing a big Valve story in about a month... Could it be? COULD IT FINALLY $%^& BE!!?

EDIT: Dammit... Dammit so hard...

DLsGJ.png

#2 Posted by Sushiglutton (6712 posts) -
The internet would explode :shock:! I thought they were doing Army of Two: Devil's Cartel, I suppose not :P.
#3 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26382 posts) -

Source 2 pl0x

#4 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

half life 3?

its a long shot but its bound to be in developement now..

#5 Posted by gameofthering (11011 posts) -

Half-Life 3 with a new engine :)

Probably not :(

#6 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4581 posts) -
GTA 5?... I don't think it will be HL3.
#7 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It'll be Left4Dead 3. Quote me on it.
#8 Posted by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -
Sonic!!! C'mon guys it's bound to be something boring.
#9 Posted by Allthishate (1879 posts) -
if this is not HL3 the game will never come out . and ill have to start hunting fat gabe --_--
#10 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I'm expecting the worst,but hoping for the best ;)

#11 Posted by GarGx1 (8227 posts) -

Earthworm Jim reboot...you know you all want it ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
#12 Posted by deactivated-586249e1b64ba (7629 posts) -

@all people hoping for Half-Life 3 / Source 2.0 / Left 4 Dead 3, etc.

...Rest assured I am in discussions now with the publisher in question about how they are going to make it up to our subscribers.

GameInformer AU

Somehow, I just really doubt GameInformer would refer to themselves in such a strange way,
And last time I checked, Valve's not a publisher (by the industry's definition)...

I don't understand how game magazines (or any hobby/enthusiast magazine) can stay in business with the internet around, let alone how Game Informer score all these exclusives, but they're doing it again... incidentallyGametrailers is doing a big Valve story in about a month... Could it be? COULD IT FINALLY $%^& BE!!?

Coyful

Separate two big stories between two groups? Eh, seems very unlikely.
Hell, the cover alone would be a huge story and there's, y'know, content related to said cover in the magazine.

#13 Posted by RR360DD (13568 posts) -
Obviously another 360 exclusive
#14 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29107 posts) -

a Valve Story???

Big Reveal???

Game Informer Not Spilling the Beans on the Cover???

COULD IT BE????

:shock:

#15 Posted by gameofthering (11011 posts) -

[quote="GameInformer AU"]

...Rest assured I am in discussions now with the publisher in question about how they are going to make it up to our subscribers.

Technoweirdo

Somehow, I just really doubt GameInformer would refer to themselves in such a strange way,
And last time I checked, Valve's not a publisher (by the industry's definition)...

They publish their own games on Steam if that counts :P

#16 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

[quote="GameInformer AU"]

Technoweirdo

Coyful

Separate two big stories between two groups? Eh, seems very unlikely.
Hell, the cover alone would be a huge story and there's, y'know, content related to said cover in the magazine.

think bout it how is valve not a publisher these days, they pretty much control the go to digital platform for PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
#17 Posted by deactivated-586249e1b64ba (7629 posts) -

think bout it how is valve not a publisher these days, they pretty much control the go to digital platform for PC.

razgriz_101

Unlike, say, the music industry, the publisher's the funder in the game industry, not the distributor.

I simply find it odd to use the traditional definition in a case like this.

They publish their own games on Steam if that counts :P

gameofthering

Well, that'd be just cheating (and a really bad choice of words on GameInformers part). :P

#18 Posted by DeX2010 (3989 posts) -
I'm hoping for either GTA V or Half Life 3. Also, this has been completely off-the-radar for a couple of years, but what about the project Respawn Entertainment is working with EA on? It could be Battlefield 4 as well. :)
#19 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

It'll be Left4Dead 3. Quote me on it.Zeviander

You sir are quoted :P Could be but they're rumoured to be doing source 2 (or whatever it's called) so HL3 would also be a good bet. Either or is fine with me

:)

#20 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

I'm hoping for either GTA V or Half Life 3. Also, this has been completely off-the-radar for a couple of years, but what about the project Respawn Entertainment is working with EA on? It could be Battlefield 4 as well. :)DeX2010

BF4 is already revealed.

People need to see they say a worldwide reveal, meaning it's something new. We already got a reveal for GTA V

#21 Posted by parkurtommo (28287 posts) -

half life 3?

its a long shot but its bound to be in developement now..

razgriz_101
Considering the concept art that was shown I'm sure they are, or at least were at some point, developing hl3.
#22 Posted by DeX2010 (3989 posts) -
Part of me feels that that Twitter post is just clever viral marketing. Pretty much 90% of the gaming world is going to be buzzing with hype for any random buried game that they want released.
#23 Posted by parkurtommo (28287 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]It'll be Left4Dead 3. Quote me on it.seanmcloughlin

You sir are quoted :P Could be but they're rumoured to be doing source 2 (or whatever it's called) so HL3 would also be a good bet. Either or is fine with me

:)

I'd get both day one no matter what :P
#24 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

Part of me feels that that Twitter post is just clever viral marketing. Pretty much 90% of the gaming world is going to be buzzing with hype for any random buried game that they want released.DeX2010

Honestly this is likely the case. I hope not though

Avatar image for ThePoliteArtist
#25 Posted by ThePoliteArtist (231 posts) -
Dragon Age 3.
#26 Posted by ghidorah45 (122 posts) -
Halo 2 anniversary
#27 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

Earthworm Jim reboot...you know you all want it ;)

GarGx1

That would be so groovy.

#28 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19031 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 5

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#29 Posted by darkspineslayer (22173 posts) -
Won't be half life 3, quote me on it. HL3 is Gabes personal inside joke. Every time anticipation flares, he goes for a swim in his gold pool and just laughs
#30 Posted by heretrix (37738 posts) -

It's probably GTA 5. Even though we got a trailer already there has been next to no info about the game. If they are making this much of a fuss about it, it's probably something of that caliber. Either that or MGS 5.

We'll know soon enough. GI gets some pretty good exclusives so they've got my attention, whatever it is..

#31 Posted by IgGy621985 (5438 posts) -

It's probably GTA 5. Even though we got a trailer already there has been next to no info about the game. If they are making this much of a fuss about it, it's probably something of that caliber. Either that or MGS 5.

We'll know soon enough. GI gets some pretty good exclusives so they've got my attention, whatever it is..

heretrix

GI's announcement sounds very "top secret". There's nothing top secret about GTA V, so I doubt it.

It's probably a Halo 4 preview.

#32 Posted by Arach666 (23228 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

IgGy621985

GI's announcement sounds very "top secret". There's nothing top secret about GTA V, so I doubt it.

We already know so much about Halo 4 already,way more than GTA5really,so I doubt it will be any of those two.

I´d say Half Life 3,that´s one of the very few games that would warrant such secrecy,but honestly,I doubt it.

#33 Posted by RoboThreat (439 posts) -

i hope its GTAV

#34 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

IgGy621985

It could be MGS5 considering previous news related to the Fox engine.

#35 Posted by IgGy621985 (5438 posts) -

We already know so much about Halo 4 already,way more than GTA5really,so I doubt it will be any of those two.

I´d say Half Life 3,that´s one of the very few games that would warrant such secrecy,but honestly,I doubt it.

Arach666

I haven't followed Halo 4 much. So, it's not GTA V, it's not Halo 4, and it surely isn't Half-Life 3.

It could be that Ubisoft's GTA-ish next-gen game, Watch Dogs.

#36 Posted by BrunoBRS (74152 posts) -
inb4floppyreveal
#37 Posted by mitu123 (155012 posts) -

Now that's how you build up hype.

#38 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10564 posts) -

Maybe it's something related to Metal gear.

http://www.konami-europe.net/MG25th/

EDIT: maybe not, i just remembered Kojima is going to reveal the Fox engine on aug 30th.

#39 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -
inb4floppyrevealBrunoBRS
totes inb4 huge disappointment and anger.
#40 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

IgGy621985

There's nothing top secret about GTA V yet there is for Halo 4? Stupid logic. We already know almost everything about Halo 4

#41 Posted by JohnF111 (14187 posts) -
How funny would it be if it was another zombie game, the 12 year olds would go nuts and beg mummy to pre-order it for them.
#42 Posted by Sushiglutton (6712 posts) -
Could it be something for the Wii-U, or does Nintendo use other channels?
#43 Posted by super600 (32270 posts) -

It's probably going to be a secret WiiU,PS3,360 and PC multiplat.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
#44 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (18526 posts) -

If this is Valve related I am crossing my fingers for either Left 4 Dead 3 or Half Life 3!

#45 Posted by whiskeystrike (12170 posts) -

I hope it's Wii U related. Something epic to push me to buy the systsem.

#46 Posted by LustForSoul (6306 posts) -
I think it's GTA.
#47 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -
I'm guessing it's not going to be that epic a reveal or they wouldn't be asking the publisher to make some form of apology.
#49 Posted by Nega3 (1069 posts) -

I'd LOL hard at the bawww when it's another COD game.

#50 Posted by BrunoBRS (74152 posts) -

I hope it's Wii U related. Something epic to push me to buy the systsem.

whiskeystrike
>game informer >wii u lol.