World of Warcraft Classic (PC ExClusiVe) HypE ThReAd!

Posted by ProtossRushX (5696 posts) 25 days, 17 hours ago

Poll: World of Warcraft Classic (PC ExClusiVe) HypE ThReAd! (30 votes)

10 AAAAE 47%
9 AAAE 10%
8 AAE 10%
7 AE 3%
6 or below 30%
No Caption Provided

RELEASES AUGUST 27, 2019

• Classic Raids - Venture forth into epic 40-person raids such as Molten Core, Onyxia, and more.

• Classic Talents - Level up and spend your hard earned talent points, one at a time.

• Classic World - A challenging outdoor world awaits you. Bring your friends—you'll need them!

So who's going to play this? It's another big hitting exclusive for PC.

I'm getting this and going to be a horde warrior on a pvp server and go for highwarlord again.

It's time to dust off your PC or buy a new one an get ready to return to Azeroth.

#1 Posted by pyro1245 (5256 posts) -

GS already gave it a 9.5 :)

Seriously tho - I'm not sure how it will differ from the original game that I experienced 15 years ago. I expect it to get an 8 if graded by today's standards.

I'll make sure to dust off my rig from 2004.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

Will probably play it short term

#3 Posted by TJDMHEM (2158 posts) -

#4 Posted by DaVillain- (38112 posts) -

I have no desire to return and play WoW after 13 years of my life, I'm retired and for those who are super duper hype, have fun :)

(The fact you are hype for this one ProtossRushX, I thought you said you hated PC gaming and fell in love with Nintendo Switch? What change?)

#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44395 posts) -

I might go back and check it out; I was never level 60 (max level) by the time Burning Crusade came out, so I never really got to experience a lot of that original end-game content.

It is weird because I am definitely a more casual player these days and I love the streamlining they've done to the game in general, but in many ways the game was a lot more fun back in the day.

@davillain- said:

I have no desire to return and play WoW after 13 years of my life, I'm retired and for those who are super duper hype, have fun :)

Yeah I will revisit the game when expansions come out, but that's about it, to be honest.

Not that I am complaining or are one of these "scorned ex-lovers" of WoW, but I got a solid 9 years out of the game (started when it was released, stopped playing shortly after Cataclysm) and what game doesn't get tiresome after that much time?

I will say this: WoW is still, as a total package, the best MMO out there. Other games might do certain things better, but WoW is still the best at it all.

#6 Posted by ProtossRushX (5696 posts) -
@pyro1245 said:

GS already gave it a 9.5 :)

great score

@mrbojangles25 said:

I will say this: WoW is still, as a total package, the best MMO out there. Other games might do certain things better, but WoW is still the best at it all.

indeed it is

#7 Posted by Gatygun (1596 posts) -

All my friends will be playing it, so considering it as its only a 10-15 buck montly fee for a month then bail out on it after the hype dies.

#8 Posted by nethernova (5710 posts) -

No, thanks. Played that 15 years ago.

#9 Posted by Vaasman (13865 posts) -

I have a sneaking suspicion that, other than a niche audience, most people will realize that old WoW is kinda shit by modern standards, and they're only pining for it because new WoW is also shit.

I say this as a very long time player who's done for good after the latest expansion. Right now I have 0 interest in returning to the game in any form.

#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

I'm looking forward to Warcraft III remastered. Warcraft to me is about RTS and everything that comes with it: sheep tag, pokemon TD, DOTA, gta san andreas, just loads and loads of crazy mods.

#11 Posted by KungfuKitten (26799 posts) -

I never really played WoW since vanilla so I don't think Classic would do much for me XD

#12 Posted by xantufrog (11696 posts) -

Zippo interest here . MMOs are just not my kind of game

#13 Posted by Zaryia (9656 posts) -

One of my best gaming experiences (if not THE best?) of all time. Not sure if it still holds up, but god damn it was one of the GOATS.

#14 Posted by Sevenizz (4071 posts) -

At first I was hugely excited for this. My vanilla days were special and fun. But thinking realistically now, this might be a big letdown. What made vanilla special was the newness of the game. It was most of ours first MMO. It was most of ours first big online game. As we’ve grown with the game, so have our expectations. For the most part, Blizzard changed WoW to make quality of life easier for the more mundane aspects of WoW. With that progress taken away, I predict a lot of cynical gamers. The game has also changed so much that min/maxing your character is expected now. Those attitudes being brought back to vanilla will make it less fun.

All that, and I don’t want to have to farm bullets again for my umm, Rogue.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#15 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3436 posts) -

I've always wanted to get into a MMO. At this point I'll need help understanding whats going on. But I think I'm in for WoW Classic

#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (35047 posts) -

Real gamers run for 30 minutes to get a raid.

#17 Posted by I_P_Daily (12574 posts) -

Hermits really hype their games to infinite and beyond I mean look at all these responses it's hard to keep up with them all lol.

#18 Posted by Gatygun (1596 posts) -

level 46 already n1 guy it seems.

#19 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44395 posts) -

Honestly it might just be the overcrowded zones talking, but I hate it.

Nostalgia aside, the grind sucks. The lack of the quality of life improvements that have been made over the course of the past 15 or so years sucks.

I mean, the game has evolved for a reason. Generally into a better game in most cases (thought not always. But usually). They went away from the old WoW for a reason.

Honestly I knew this was coming but somehow I still expected them to keep some of the improvements, but no, it's the same crap. Literally killed like 40 mountain lions to get 10 skins and like 35 boars for 12 pork chops.

I don't miss that. At all.

I've bitched about it in game and people are like "Go back to Battle for Azeroth then" and I was like "I think I might, good luck have fun".

#20 Edited by jeezers (3283 posts) -

Played vanilla- wotk, tried comming back but the game was dumbed down, easy, borring.

Vanilla is superior to retail, but ive already played vanilla, and they are still asking for a sub for it.

Which I canceled after trying BFA, I alreadyknow what vanilla is, the sub for this old of a game is stupid and overpriced. Retail isnt worth the sub either.

#21 Posted by dagubot (1381 posts) -

Been playing for the past 2 days; enjoying myself a lot. Brings back memories and some minor gripes but overall been having a blast with my friends leveling up.

#22 Posted by Gatygun (1596 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

Honestly it might just be the overcrowded zones talking, but I hate it.

Nostalgia aside, the grind sucks. The lack of the quality of life improvements that have been made over the course of the past 15 or so years sucks.

I mean, the game has evolved for a reason. Generally into a better game in most cases (thought not always. But usually). They went away from the old WoW for a reason.

Honestly I knew this was coming but somehow I still expected them to keep some of the improvements, but no, it's the same crap. Literally killed like 40 mountain lions to get 10 skins and like 35 boars for 12 pork chops.

I don't miss that. At all.

I've bitched about it in game and people are like "Go back to Battle for Azeroth then" and I was like "I think I might, good luck have fun".

Lol dude modern wow isn't even a thing anymore. Pretty much anybody quited that shit show of a game a while ago. It has been a downward trent after wotlk which was already trash by itself.

There is no community anymore, everything is given away for free. Gear means nothing with there gearscore crap. Go raid and see your gear being obselete 1 patch later as everybody gets higher gear for free.

Arena they never did anything with it or pvp because "pve game" and now they are trying to run championships for e-sports that nobody watches because it total trash.

It's a pay to win game entirely with it, and everything is idiotic easy dumped down. I got a priest and 1 shot everything with dots all the way to top level.

Gotta buy those gold tokens to sell off for gold so u can get your archievement from a guild, so u get invited for raids.

Then that garbage phasing. "oh hey guys i can help you out" aaaaand gone. "hey u new? here u got a gold" not on the same server sorry cant trade..............

Boggles my mind how anybody can like the current trash of a game. There is a reason why its dying or its dead already for a while now.

They mismanaged wow completely and never recovered.

#23 Edited by djoffer (1453 posts) -

@Gatygun: meanwhile in the real world, wow still have around 3 mil active players despite being 15 years old....

#24 Posted by brimmul777 (4138 posts) -

I'll skip it.

#25 Posted by ProtossRushX (5696 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Hermits really hype their games to infinite and beyond I mean look at all these responses it's hard to keep up with them all lol.

wow classic had 1 million viewers on twitch and had a huge amount of people playing on the servers and people waiting in lines for quests. HERMIT'S are great and support games.

#26 Posted by k--m--k (2795 posts) -

@djoffer: 3 millions down from what ? 12 million? Game became hot garbage. They improved a lot of stuff but also ruined the core experience.

#27 Posted by djoffer (1453 posts) -

@k--m--k: its 15 years old ffs, all other mmorpgs would kill for 3 million players...

#28 Posted by VFighter (5241 posts) -

I didnt play it 15 years ago and that isn't going to change now. Glad it came out though for those that wanted it.

#29 Edited by I_P_Daily (12574 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@i_p_daily said:

wow classic had 1 million viewers on twitch and had a huge amount of people playing on the servers and people waiting in lines for quests. HERMIT'S are great and support games.

I know right? I mean its not like PC has the highest piracy rate among gaming devices and that herms have not openly admitted to piracy on here...….oh wait.

Also 1 million idiots watching other people playing games defeats the purpose of video games, they're not tv shows they are made to be PLAYED.

#30 Posted by uninspiredcup (35047 posts) -

That guy who said it was a waste of time must feel like a real tit right now.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#31 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3436 posts) -

@i_p_daily: I used to share your stance on watching people play games. But some streamers are fantastic entertainers. Doc Disrespect is in a league of his own, and Timthetatman is a great personality. They both have the ability to make whatever they’re playing fun to watch.

#32 Posted by WitIsWisdom (5368 posts) -

I quit playing WoW a few years back after playing for about 5 years. I got sick of all the "new" elements that I feel ruined the game. I have been playing Classic WoW since the day it released and I am having a lot of fun. I'm not even a PC gamer really... I mean WoW is about the only PC game I've ever cared about, but it's getting a lot of my time again now.