World of Tanks devs: Xbox policies unacceptable for F2P/indie developers

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn those microsoft for wanting to make sure updates are up to standard before releasing to the public!RR360DD
It really says something about that when it takes months to get a patch through. Standards or not, that is not acceptable.

Well it says in the article they are working to get updates out faster, so not sure what else people expect really

It's idiotic that Microsoft thing a developer is going to patch a game and somehow break everyones Xbox or something. I can understand reviewing patches for the really small XLBA games because some of those are dodgy anyway, but it's not like Bethesda is suddenly going to hack everyones Xbox is it.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="clyde46"] It really says something about that when it takes months to get a patch through. Standards or not, that is not acceptable. bobbetybob
Well it says in the article they are working to get updates out faster, so not sure what else people expect really

It's idiotic that Microsoft thing a developer is going to patch a game and somehow break everyones Xbox or something. I can understand reviewing patches for the really small XLBA games because some of those are dodgy anyway, but it's not like Bethesda is suddenly going to hack everyones Xbox is it.

Patches even from big developers can screw up consoles. Didn't The Last of Us have a patch recently that was bricking consoles? That is not only a big developer but a Sony 1st party.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

hell, i'm still pissed that they were pressured to get rid of the patch fee they charged devs for releasing broken crap.

i liked that devs that released a faulty game were punished for itRiverwolf007

Devs can't account for the PoS 360 hardware randomly giving errors, glitching out, overheating and breaking down when trying to run simple code that could be run on PC's from 2003. That's why devs need to patch the incessant save-game errors caused by the abysmal hard- and software Microsoft has provided them with. Why should devs be held accountable for problems caused by Microsoft's inability to code or make reliable hardware?

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Damn those microsoft for wanting to make sure updates are up to standard before releasing to the public!RR360DD
Dude, how can you even defend this? Worst case scenario, the update breaks the game, and it will get unpatched immediately. LIke seriously, PC gaming has been doing well without specialized check ins, so why do consoles need this extra layer of protection for console game patches. If MS doesnt trust the developers, why even let them on the platform?
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="clyde46"] It really says something about that when it takes months to get a patch through. Standards or not, that is not acceptable. bobbetybob

On the contrary, the bigger and more expansive the game, the more likely it is to have malicious code or software that could kick your console's ass.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 balfe1990

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]hell, i'm still pissed that they were pressured to get rid of the patch fee they charged devs for releasing broken crap.

i liked that devs that released a faulty game were punished for itDrTrafalgarLaw

Devs can't account for the PoS 360 hardware randomly giving errors, glitching out, overheating and breaking down when trying to run simple code that could be run on PC's from 2003. That's why devs need to patch the incessant save-game errors caused by the abysmal hard- and software Microsoft has provided them with. Why should devs be held accountable for problems caused by Microsoft's inability to code or make reliable hardware?

Do you just string random words together and hope they form a coherent sentence?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn those microsoft for wanting to make sure updates are up to standard before releasing to the public!II_Seraphim_II
Dude, how can you even defend this? Worst case scenario, the update breaks the game, and it will get unpatched immediately. LIke seriously, PC gaming has been doing well without specialized check ins, so why do consoles need this extra layer of protection for console game patches. If MS doesnt trust the developers, why even let them on the platform?

Because they are closed systems, and there is a level of responsibility placed on Microsoft and Sony that doesn't exist on PC.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]hell, i'm still pissed that they were pressured to get rid of the patch fee they charged devs for releasing broken crap.

i liked that devs that released a faulty game were punished for itbalfe1990

Do you just string random words together and hope they form a coherent sentence?

Come now, my english isn't that hard to follow.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 balfe1990

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn those microsoft for wanting to make sure updates are up to standard before releasing to the public!II_Seraphim_II

No, worst case scenario, the update breaks the console. Someone has to held liable for that.

I don't think you people grasp the notion of quality control... The process is slow, I absolutely agree, but if it didn't exist, this thread would be about "Bricked Xbox/PS3 following patch" # 2517635 instead...

Seriously, SWs can be incredibly stupid..

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Devs can't account for the PoS 360 hardware randomly giving errors, glitching out, overheating and breaking down when trying to run simple code that could be run on PC's from 2003. That's why devs need to patch the incessant save-game errors caused by the abysmal hard- and software Microsoft has provided them with. Why should devs be held accountable for problems caused by Microsoft's inability to code or make reliable hardware?

DrTrafalgarLaw

Come now, my english isn't that hard to follow.

No your English is very good, I'm just not convinced you know what you're talking about. Ironically, I probably should have worded my post better...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn those microsoft for wanting to make sure updates are up to standard before releasing to the public!balfe1990

No, worst case scenario, the update breaks the console. Someone has to held liable for that.

I don't think you people grasp the notion of quality control... The process is slow, I absolutely agree, but if it didn't exist, this thread would be about "Bricked Xbox/PS3 following patch" # 2517635 instead...

Since when did game patches do that? I've only ever heard of firmware patches bricking hardware.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

You should make a pro-Sony thread one day instead of worrying about someything you don't care about.

Loser. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSEEEERRRR!  :lol:

timbers_WSU

look at this nerd haha what a fanboy. Everyone is telling you everything xbox related is pure shit nowdays and he just don't want to hear it. Get your head out of you ass at least once a year breh.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Dude, how can you even defend this? Worst case scenario, the update breaks the game, and it will get unpatched immediately. LIke seriously, PC gaming has been doing well without specialized check ins, so why do consoles need this extra layer of protection for console game patches. If MS doesnt trust the developers, why even let them on the platform?hoosier7

Since when did game patches do that? I've only ever heard of firmware patches bricking hardware.

The firmware on the 360 that introduced the new format DVD's with a little bit extra space, bricked a couple of hundred consoles. Luckily, most of them were gifted a new console by Microsoft. But offcourse people lost their savefiles and whatnot.

Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zuzuvela
Member since 2013 • 1993 Posts

ms has always been pissy about updates.

they have this weird fetish about wanting games to be mostly finished and working when they come out.

hell, i'm still pissed that they were pressured to get rid of the patch fee they charged devs for releasing broken crap.

i liked that devs that released a faulty game were punished for it.

this is another one of those thing just like the odd world  dev problems topic yesterday.

they don't have the talent to meet the xbla requirements so they make out ms as the bad guy because they can't take the time and cost to make a better product.

Riverwolf007
Ehh....what about minecraft then?
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Dude, how can you even defend this? Worst case scenario, the update breaks the game, and it will get unpatched immediately. LIke seriously, PC gaming has been doing well without specialized check ins, so why do consoles need this extra layer of protection for console game patches. If MS doesnt trust the developers, why even let them on the platform?hoosier7

True, that's more likely, but oftentimes wonky patches can play havoc with other parts of the system too. Ranging from crashes to save-bugs to HDD wipes and so on.

The cert process is in place to identify those problems that a patch can introduce.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Desmonic"] Even indie games had to pay, why would MS change things specifically for F2P games (a genre in which they only have a couple games too)? And yes, you not being able to prove = not being true. Or better it it equals not being true & true at the same time, since we don't know, we have no evidence to indicate whether they pay or not. Logic stops applying when patches are released for PS3 & PC and on the Xbox are delayed by long periods of time (sometimes months), and when even a F2P game is locked behind the pay wall. At least those should be available to Silver accounts.

MS needs to revise it's policies. They do not have the advantage on that field anymore.

Desmonic

Indie games don't have to pay. Have you been listening to anything I said? lol all that was scrapped, arcade titles can be patched as much as they want for free. So its prefectly reasonable to think free games like Happy Wars, WoT etc. can be patched for free as well. The dev never complained about any cost, just time it takes to go through Microsofts certification process.

Lets not forget Sony too charged for patches, so don't lay the blame entirely on MS, however Sony have since said they too don't charge indie developers for patches.

That happened just recently, not during most of the gen. Since 2005 until early this year or late last year (can't remember) indies HAD to pay. So no it's not that straigth forward to assume F2P games won't also have to pay up. I'm not even mentioning the time it takes to get a certification all that much because that's just beyond ridiculous. Yeah Sony charges for their patches(the first one is free, everything else is paid perhaps with exception for the 1st party studios. Should be the same as MS though), but they also never got to a point where a small or big dev refused to patch a game because of their (Sony's) policies.

Like I said MS needs to revise it's policies. It's not like they have it all wrong, but it definitely needs some serious improvement.

You can't expect and indie dev with little to no experience to endure months of negotiations to just get one lousy patch in. It's their game, if they f*ck it's their own fault. That's how it works everywhere else and I don't see devs complaining.

So what policies do MS need to revise then? You've acknowledge they don't charge for patches anymore, good. What else? Time they take to review a patch? Okay, well in the link it says the dev is working with MS to get patches out faster. So ... the only legitimate complaint I see is them locking f2p games behind the gold paywall.

There is no negotiation, the indie dev submits the patch and if it passes certification it gets released. If the patch doesn't break anything, then theres no issue. PSN or XBL will never be totally open, so I don't know why people are complaining. You have the option of PC gaming if you want that freedom.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i liked that devs that released a faulty game were punished for itDrTrafalgarLaw

yeah, it is the hardwares fault. :roll:

do you even hear yourself?

bottom line here is world of tanks dev wants to drop some unfinished game on xbl and then release patch after patch after patch like they do on pc but you don't want to call them out on it.

few things in sw have ever been more funny  to me than watching you guys go after ms over quality control.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 balfe1990

[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

The firmware on the 360 that introduced the new format DVD's with a little bit extra space, bricked a couple of hundred consoles. Luckily, most of them were gifted a new console by Microsoft. But offcourse people lost their savefiles and whatnot.

There was a $5 million dollar lawsuit brought forward in 2006 following bricked 360's post patch

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"] It's idiotic that Microsoft thing a developer is going to patch a game and somehow break everyones Xbox or something. I can understand reviewing patches for the really small XLBA games because some of those are dodgy anyway, but it's not like Bethesda is suddenly going to hack everyones Xbox is it.Desmonic

Patches even from big developers can screw up consoles. Didn't The Last of Us have a patch recently that was bricking consoles? That is not only a big developer but a Sony 1st party.

Patch bricking consoles from TLOU? Nope. Least not that I remember. It had an auto-save bug on day 1 (the save file also connected to the online servers, one of which was messing up, meaning you could lose all your progress or not be able to save 1h, 2h, 5h, etc, after your last correct save). But that was quickly fixed on their part.

Ok I thought for some reason it was bricking older consoles but it still proves the point that it does not have to be some indie developer. A major 1st party developer released a patch that was damaging customers games.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

they have this weird fetish about wanting games to be mostly finished and working when they come out.

this is another one of those thing just like the odd world  dev problems topic yesterday.

they don't have the talent to meet the xbla requirements so they make out ms as the bad guy because they can't take the time and cost to make a better product.

Zuzuvela

i don't know anything about minecraft.

other than i know i would not consider ever buying any version but the pc one.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Desmonic"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Patches even from big developers can screw up consoles. Didn't The Last of Us have a patch recently that was bricking consoles? That is not only a big developer but a Sony 1st party.

CanYouDiglt

Patch bricking consoles from TLOU? Nope. Least not that I remember. It had an auto-save bug on day 1 (the save file also connected to the online servers, one of which was messing up, meaning you could lose all your progress or not be able to save 1h, 2h, 5h, etc, after your last correct save). But that was quickly fixed on their part.

Ok I thought for some reason it was bricking older consoles but it still proves the point that it does not have to be some indie developer. A major 1st party developer released a patch that was damaging customers games.

that was a firmware update last month.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/18/psa-ps3-users-reporting-bricked-systems-after-4-45-firmware-u/

Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Zuzuvela

[QUOTE="Zuzuvela"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Riverwolf007

Minecraft is a indie game with the model is adding more features and content with each patch. Not all games are planning to use patches to fix their game rather release the game early with content unfinished so that they keep the dev studio going with their income from game sales so they can continue to improve the game with new content and features MS policies may aswell screw a 'good' model for patches
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn those microsoft for wanting to make sure updates are up to standard before releasing to the public!balfe1990

Really? since when did game patches affect the system information? im pretty sure worst case scenario, the game stops working. No game patch will ever make the console stop working. Only firmware updates that affect the system files will do that.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] Patch bricking consoles from TLOU? Nope. Least not that I remember. It had an auto-save bug on day 1 (the save file also connected to the online servers, one of which was messing up, meaning you could lose all your progress or not be able to save 1h, 2h, 5h, etc, after your last correct save). But that was quickly fixed on their part.

Riverwolf007

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/18/psa-ps3-users-reporting-bricked-systems-after-4-45-firmware-u/

Im telling u man, people just making crap up on the spot.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#77 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

i liked that devs that released a faulty game were punished for itRiverwolf007

yeah, it is the hardwares fault. :roll:

do you even hear yourself?

bottom line here is world of tanks dev wants to drop some unfinished game on xbl and then release patch after patch after patch like they do on pc but you don't want to call them out on it.

few things in sw have ever been more funny  to me than watching you guys go after ms over quality control.

Then all free to play online games are unfinished?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="Zuzuvela"] Ehh....what about minecraft then?Zuzuvela

Minecraft is a indie game with the model is adding more features and content with each patch. Not all games are planning to use patches to fix their game rather release the game early with content unfinished so that they keep the dev studio going with their income from game sales so they can continue to improve the game with new content and features MS policies may aswell screw a 'good' model for patches

so one game that i would never get on console gets screwed over?

ok, i can live with that.

Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Zuzuvela

[QUOTE="Zuzuvela"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]i don't know anything about minecraft.

Riverwolf007

so one game that i would never get on console gets screwed over?

ok, i can live with that.

No.....the model for patches gets screwed over So any patch on the xbox wiil just be to fix the devs mess which you seem ot like b*tching about so much
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 RR360DD

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Dude, how can you even defend this? Worst case scenario, the update breaks the game, and it will get unpatched immediately. LIke seriously, PC gaming has been doing well without specialized check ins, so why do consoles need this extra layer of protection for console game patches. If MS doesnt trust the developers, why even let them on the platform?II_Seraphim_II

Really? since when did game patches affect the system information? im pretty sure worst case scenario, the game stops working. No game patch will ever make the console stop working. Only firmware updates that affect the system files will do that.

And? I guarantee you if a patch were to release for say the xbox version Call of Duty, and there was no certification process and it broke the game, every single compaliner would go straight to Xbox support looking for answers.

Thats why Sony and Microsoft have the system in place. They have a responsibility to ensure when you buy a game, it works on their console. Its nothing like PC.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] Patch bricking consoles from TLOU? Nope. Least not that I remember. It had an auto-save bug on day 1 (the save file also connected to the online servers, one of which was messing up, meaning you could lose all your progress or not be able to save 1h, 2h, 5h, etc, after your last correct save). But that was quickly fixed on their part.

Riverwolf007

Ok that is what is was. I guess since there was a problem with a TLoU patch and that update problem I got them mixed up. On another note Sony maybe you need to do better checking on this stuff.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

RR360DD

And? I guarantee you if a patch were to release for say the xbox version Call of Duty, and there was no certification process and it broke the game, every single compaliner would go straight to Xbox support looking for answers.

Thats why Sony and Microsoft have the system in place. They have a responsibility to ensure when you buy a game, it works on their console. Its nothing like PC.

Dude, whenever a game breaking patch is released, it is usually fixed within 24 hrs. Its that simple, that's how its been for PC, and with a free patch system like the PS4, I dont see why it would be any different. Whenever a dev releases a patch that breaks the game, u know what they do? They just release another patch that completely nullifies the past one aka uninstalls the patch. And then they fix whatever issues and release it again later. You think that if a patch was breaking a game, the developer wouldnt hear about it?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Ok I thought for some reason it was bricking older consoles but it still proves the point that it does not have to be some indie developer. A major 1st party developer released a patch that was damaging customers games.CanYouDiglt

Ok that is what is was. I guess since there was a problem with a TLoU patch and that update problem I got them mixed up. On another note Sony maybe you need to do better checking on this stuff.

sony should ask ms to quality control their firmware updates.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Really? since when did game patches affect the system information? im pretty sure worst case scenario, the game stops working. No game patch will ever make the console stop working. Only firmware updates that affect the system files will do that.II_Seraphim_II

Dude, whenever a game breaking patch is released, it is usually fixed within 24 hrs. Its that simple, that's how its been for PC, and with a free patch system like the PS4, I dont see why it would be any different. Whenever a dev releases a patch that breaks the game, u know what they do? They just release another patch that completely nullifies the past one aka uninstalls the patch. And then they fix whatever issues and release it again later. You think that if a patch was breaking a game, the developer wouldnt hear about it?

Orrrrr you have a certification process to prevent the game becoming broken in the first place :lol:

This is just stupid

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]that was a firmware update last month.

Riverwolf007

I think Sony checks all this stuff, but with all the different SKUs out there, and the different settings and the fact that some people have the old 60GB version with bc and some dont, and different people have different HDDs and all that jazz, some times things just go bad lol :P
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Ok that is what is was. I guess since there was a problem with a TLoU patch and that update problem I got them mixed up. On another note Sony maybe you need to do better checking on this stuff. II_Seraphim_II

I think Sony checks all this stuff, but with all the different SKUs out there, and the different settings and the fact that some people have the old 60GB version with bc and some dont, and different people have different HDDs and all that jazz, some times things just go bad lol :P

so let me see if i have this topic straight.

when devs release bad games that need multiple patches and when sony releases firmware that bricks the system it is just how the cookie crumbles and we should accept it as how things are.

when ms forces devs to go through a long costly quality control procedure they are bad guys.

is that a pretty fair assessment of this topic so far?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]sony should ask ms to quality control their firmware updates.

Riverwolf007

when devs release bad games that need multiple patches and when sony releases firmware that bricks the system it is just how the cookie crumbles and we should accept it as how things are.

when ms forces devs to go through a long costly quality control procedure they are bad guys.

That is a pretty fair assessment. Microsoft makes sure patches or updates do not cause harm to consoles or games they are the devil as normal since MS is pretty much always the devil on here. Sony first party releases a game patch that damages customer games and Sony releases a firmware update that bricks consoles, shut up lembot Sony is the only company that cares.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

World of Tanks dev, Come to the PS4. Microsoft's moneyhatts only gave you pain and suffering. 

Seriously, does this guy read the internet at all? Developers have been complaining about Xbox Live for a while.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]sony should ask ms to quality control their firmware updates.

Riverwolf007

I think you are completely missing the point. Remember the Fez developer? They wouldnt release a patch for the game because in order to be able to release one, they would have to pay MS a lot of money for the quality assurance checking and all that jazz (eventually MS dropped it and so they released a patch). Sure if you're Ubisoft, that's not a big deal, but when you are an indie developer, you cant afford to pay the thousands that MS requires. So in an attempt to keep all patches glitch free, MS just succeeded in keeping the games Patch-free and people just had to deal with the glitches. That's the problem. The whole Quality assurance aspect is great, but just make it affordable.

I would rather risk getting a faulty patch every now and then if it means I will get more constant patches and updates to my product. So yeah, the game goes down for a day or 2, I can live with that. Its better than having a save game glitch that messes up ur entire experience.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#92 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
when devs release bad games that need multiple patches Riverwolf007
Again this logic? stfu already
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

At E3, that World of Tanks guy gave an entertaining speech. 

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]when devs release bad games that need multiple patches parkurtommo
Again this logic? stfu already

yeah i will take the ms method that has produced the games we see on xbla over the sony method that has produced the games we see on psn.

if there is a greater example of the proof being in the pudding than xbla vs psna then i have not seen it.

you guys cry and cry and cry but the evidence clearly shows ms is doing the right thing.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#95 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Don't make freaking indy games for it. They won't even allow you to set your own prices. Just let them choke on their own vomit, and get people to buy a different platform.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Assertion of facts: Microsoft charges so much for patches and updates because they do not want developers releasing broken games on their platform under the belief that they can just patch it up later on. It is not an evil developer-hating money making scam. The amount of money Microsoft makes from patches is literally a drop in the ocean. They make over a billion a year in Live fees alone. It is purely an incentive to stop developers making crappy games knowing they will have to pay a fortune to fix it. It sometimes works out badly for the end user, who is stuck with an unpatched game, but blame should fall with the developer.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn those microsoft for wanting to make sure updates are up to standard before releasing to the public!DrTrafalgarLaw

It really says something about that when it takes months to get a patch through. Standards or not, that is not acceptable.

Bu-bu-but it's quality control to wait 3 months on a patch. :cry:

It is quality control. Same reason why Verizon updates for phones are always last. They have to make sure it doesn't brick anyone's phones...look at how many updates have caused peoples' PS3s to fail on them.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] I think Sony checks all this stuff, but with all the different SKUs out there, and the different settings and the fact that some people have the old 60GB version with bc and some dont, and different people have different HDDs and all that jazz, some times things just go bad lol :PII_Seraphim_II

I think you are completely missing the point. Remember the Fez developer? They wouldnt release a patch for the game because in order to be able to release one, they would have to pay MS a lot of money for the quality assurance checking and all that jazz (eventually MS dropped it and so they released a patch). Sure if you're Ubisoft, that's not a big deal, but when you are an indie developer, you cant afford to pay the thousands that MS requires. So in an attempt to keep all patches glitch free, MS just succeeded in keeping the games Patch-free and people just had to deal with the glitches. That's the problem. The whole Quality assurance aspect is great, but just make it affordable.

I would rather risk getting a faulty patch every now and then if it means I will get more constant patches and updates to my product. So yeah, the game goes down for a day or 2, I can live with that. Its better than having a save game glitch that messes up ur entire experience.

i liked the fee.

it was flat out a punishment for devs that did not put enough time into playtesting.

and if the ms method is so horribad and oppressive then why was it not a problem this gen?

i was not dealing with any game breaking glytches this entire gen and in fact the two biggest save game glytches this entire gen was in tlou and the ps3 version of skyrim.

like i said before.

the proof is in the pudding.

and the pudding over on ps3 was by far the worst at exactly what you are trying to claim is the problem with the 360.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Isn't it always like that? People should do their research probably before agreeing on something, to avoid looking like a bitch later.