uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 46420 Posts

Digital Foundry examines the latest and hopefully last entry in a destroyed franchise, reaching the obvious the conclusion.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-wolfenstein-youngblood-tech-analysis

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Game is trash anyway from what I heard

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 18461 Posts

Machinegames (the worst FPS developer) destroy wolfenstien. in other news water is wet.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#4 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I think it's great on Switch, I'm happy with it

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 47438 Posts

To be able to run on handheld mode is mighty impressive.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5794 Posts

IdTech showing the power of the Vulkan.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 52855 Posts

The struggle is real for the Switch. What would happen with the next batch of consoles coming next year?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13622 Posts
@Pedro said:

The struggle is real for the Switch. What would happen with the next batch of consoles coming next year?

The shovelware is probably coming this winter so the Switch will be fine.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 6243 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Someone didn't get the memo: You can not find enjoyment with this game! Such an opinion is taboo!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@Solaryellow said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Someone didn't get the memo: You can not find enjoyment with this game! Such an opinion is taboo!

Its a poor game in genreal not just switch.

I can say its easily the worst game of this year.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 8882 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Anthem is the worst game of the year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pedro

@ghosts4ever said:

Every game is the worst game for you. Consider a new whining phrase.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#14 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@princessgomez92 said:

You saw nothing!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Every game is the worst game for you. Consider a new whining phrase.

not every. but in a case of machinegames wolfenstein. they always become worst. they are some of the most dreedful, unfun, and most bland FPS games ever made.

this is not the first machinegames wolfenstien that is bad, their games have been bad since new order which many people praise it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Anthem is the worst game of the year.

both are same. both are crappy RPG shooters.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@ghosts4ever said:

not every. but in a case of machinegames wolfenstein. they always become worst. they are some of the most dreedful, unfun, and most bland FPS games ever made.

this is not the first machinegames wolfenstien that is bad, their games have been bad since new order which many people praise it.

Well you are factually wrong and because you overstate your opinions on a regular basis, your opinions on the "worst games ever" has just become noise.

So, as I said before, you will have to come up with a new way to whine about these supposed "worse games ever made" mantra that are detached from reality.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fedor

@ghosts4ever: One charged you $60.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Well you are factually wrong and because you overstate your opinions on a regular basis, your opinions on the "worst games ever" has just become noise.

So, as I said before, you will have to come up with a new way to whine about these supposed "worse games ever made" mantra that are detached from reality.

I said its worst game this year. not ever. but yet wolfenstein games are among worst FPS games.

there is nothing good about these games now more bad thing implemented in newest game that is RPG elements.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow

@ghosts4ever said:
@Solaryellow said:
@princessgomez92 said:

A few hours in and I'm struggling to find such poorness.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37880 Posts

@fedor: yup, anthem is so bad, it's insulting.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@ghosts4ever said:

I said its worst game this year. not ever. but yet wolfenstein games are among worst FPS games.

there is nothing good about these games now more bad thing implemented in newest game that is RPG elements.

Again its NOT the worst game this year and that's a fact. Nor would Wolfenstein EVER be among the worst FPS games. No matter how much time your repeat your tired mantra. Your taste in games is as far as I am concern is nothing but emotional tirades. You are the same person who hyped that cutscene driven Metro Exodus. Time for you to take a seat.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fedor

@Solaryellow: if you can tolerate the poor writing, bad characters, tacked on rpg mechanics, phoned in antagonists, and bullet sponge enemies you'll probably love this game.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16631 Posts

Interesting spin - the video indicates a general level of being improved over Wolf 2.

I really don't know what people expect for these titles on the Switch. It's... a Switch. Either you want to play the game on that platform (because you want it on the go, or it's all you have, or whatever) or you don't. I mean... it's just not gonna be "the ideal version"

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Again its NOT the worst game this year and that's a fact. Nor would Wolfenstein EVER be among the worst FPS games. No matter how much time your repeat your tired mantra. Your taste in games is as far as I am concern is nothing but emotional tirades. You are the same person who hyped that cutscene driven Metro Exodus. Time for you to take a seat.

And Metro series offer everything wolfenstein never.

wolfenstein claim to be narrative driven game but its story is so bad that i have to skip its cutscene, plus the game design is terrible even the gunplay many people praise is mediocre. Metro on other hand has fantastic story and even it has cutscene but they are worth watching because its story is great.

theres the reason why Metro Exodus is best game so far this year. its sandbox survival game. its immersive and atmospheric.

Im a big fan of RTCW but new wolf games has been disgusting.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@ghosts4ever said:

wolfenstein claim to be narrative driven game but its story is so bad that i have to skip its cutscene, plus the game design is terrible even the gunplay many people praise is mediocre. Metro on other hand has fantastic story and even it has cutscene but they are worth watching because its story is great.

theres the reason why Metro Exodus is best game so far this year. its sandbox survival game. its immersive and atmospheric.

"theres the reason why Metro Exodus is best game so far this year."

The game is so great that its on Gamepass in less than six months. LMAO.

Your taste in games is tripe man.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Game is trash anyway from what I heard

I've heard the same but it seems to be more a test for them than anything else. It's not a sequel like everyone is acting/thinks. It's a spin-off, which is where you'd hope they would test what works or not.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

"theres the reason why Metro Exodus is best game so far this year."

The game is so great that its on Gamepass in less than six months. LMAO.

Your taste in games is tripe man.

oh yeah. I forgot. the only good games are mainstream AAA games that got 10/10. every other game is bad. thats the rule of most people here.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/

Look its 96% overwelmingly positive on steam. for a game that is pulled from steam and hated before its released. its too good to be hated.

but its not mainstream. it must suck.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup
@fedor said:

@Solaryellow: if you can tolerate the poor writing, bad characters, tacked on rpg mechanics, phoned in antagonists, and bullet sponge enemies you'll probably love this game.

I do miss the days of Road To Hill 30 where it felt like you were controlling real people, fighting real people.

MachineGames is so tonally incongruous, one minute it tries to throw serous moments at the player in a ham fisted attempt to evoke emotion. The next we have two teenage girls cheering, using cringe bro lingo as they sociopathically murder dehumanized enemies.

It's like Schindler's List if, from out of nowhere Tony Stark suddenly flew down gave the girl in the red coat a light-comedic quip (Avengers theme blasting), before immediately fucking off for her to resume her death march.

When nothing is tonally consistent, nothing matters, because their's nothing credible worth investing in.

Thankfully most people buying the Switch version will be looking at a blurry mess and won't know what's going on anyways.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@fedor said:

I do miss the days of Road To Hill 30 where it felt like you were controlling real people, fighting real people.

I agree or else I also missed World at war COD which was last authentic WW2 game especially soviet part.

Loading Video...

This wolfenstien is such a disgrace.

BIA road to hill 30 have incredible story and characters and respect the soldiers. and how hard they are fighting with nazis in WW2.

even now recent WW2 shooters CODWW2 and BFV are also SJW unauthentic rewrite history games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

I agree or else I also missed World at war COD which was last authentic WW2 game especially soviet part.

If you think COD: WAW was authentic, you clearly didn't play Red Orchestra 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Absolutely no problem with it being camp and silly, but merging the two successfully is a skilled art.

RTCW has a serous tone, but at the same time you had Nazi woman in cape with a leather bra and panties resurrecting a hell knight who immediately turns her into a zombie.

At no point anywhere do these feel at odds with each other.

Paul Verhoeven, with movies like Robocop, Starship Troopers and Total Recall is the master at doing this balancing act. Robocop itself being an absolute, absolute, absolute masterpiece.

One minute you've got a horrific scene of Murphy brutally shot to death with medics desperately trying to resurrect his lifeless corpse, only to be mirrored with a hilarious scene of ED209 turning a man tomatoe puree in an equally (deliberately) overdone scene.

The people who wrote these new Wolfenstein games seem to think they are on that god tier Paul Verhoeven level, but it's more like a child with crayons trying to draw a choo-choo train.

Disgusting, and wrong.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

If you think COD: WAW was authentic, you clearly didn't play Red Orchestra 2.

talking about SP point of view as i dont care about MP games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20939 Posts
@xantufrog said:

Interesting spin - the video indicates a general level of being improved over Wolf 2.

I really don't know what people expect for these titles on the Switch. It's... a Switch. Either you want to play the game on that platform (because you want it on the go, or it's all you have, or whatever) or you don't. I mean... it's just not gonna be "the ideal version"

Sorry man, this post has just too much common sense in it... some people on here just won't understand it. They'll look at it like:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@ghosts4ever said:

oh yeah. I forgot. the only good games are mainstream AAA games that got 10/10. every other game is bad. thats the rule of most people here.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/

Look its 96% overwelmingly positive on steam. for a game that is pulled from steam and hated before its released. its too good to be hated.

but its not mainstream. it must suck.

That's odd. I never mentioned anything about mainstream. I guess when you don't have a solid counter you just make up counter arguments on things never said. The irony is that the game is on Gamepass making it accessible more mainstream. Yikes!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Solaryellow

@fedor said:

I'd first need to hear your examples of bad writing and bad characters. If you said terrible voice acting like southerners, I'd agree.

What I will address are rpg mechanics and sponge enemies. Maybe it's me but unlike the last two or so I'd prefer more of a challenge than merely overcharging and running through every enemy on screen. RPG? What in the heck were the perks and such from the past few games?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

What about Sniper Elite?

May not be authentic per se, but it's a solid WWII game nevertheless.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

What about Sniper Elite?

May not be authentic per se, but it's a solid WWII game nevertheless.

They are ok. or somewhat decent but have too many problems including dumb AI and non sniping parts.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29032 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Solaryellow said:
@princessgomez92 said:

You're also a moron, sniper.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 4089 Posts

Received a 7/10 from GameSpot.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 593 Posts

On one hand it's good the Switch is getting some of these ports that the Wii U would never have gotten, but at a certain point when you look at the downgraded graphics and frame rate, you start to go "Why bother?"

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 14

#42 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 38512 Posts
@Solaryellow said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Or you can't find enjoyment with anything a wide variety of SW apparently hates including...

-Any game by Bethesda that isn't Morrowind or New Vegas

-Anything by Bioware that isn't Baldur's Gate

-Anything on the Switch (even the first party titles) or anything Nintendo that isn't the SNES

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

Did a new company take over for this entry? Cuz i only heard REALLY good things about the last two games proper.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Solaryellow

@nintendoboy16 said:

Or you can't find enjoyment with anything a wide variety of SW apparently hates including...

-Any game by Bethesda that isn't Morrowind or New Vegas

-Anything by Bioware that isn't Baldur's Gate

-Anything on the Switch (even the first party titles) or anything Nintendo that isn't the SNES

Much of the criticism of Youngblood I find to be without merit. Speaking about the Switch version, the update shown online cleaned up a lot of visual imperfections and frame rate. Killing in game Nazi's is always fun no matter who is doing it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup
@onesiphorus said:

Received a 7/10 from GameSpot.

Expected, lower quality product.

Not only that, but Switch users (per usual), are paying more.

It's sad state of affairs when mediocrity and price inflation becomes normalised and defended.

Having dipped my hand in that well after years of PC gaming ambrosia, it truly left a bitter taste.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Are we just going to have this thread for every multiplat? Of course the switch version is worse. It's hardware is terrible compared to the PS/Xbox.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16631 Posts

@KungfuKitten: with all due respect, I don't know why folks like you insist on bringing politics into these complaints. Take a step back - the issues with this game have nothing to do with it being girls. It's a minefield of unappealing design choices - none of which are "progressive", and none of which have any relationship to the one change which WAS "progressive" (the protagonists being chicks)

Bad game is bad

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 6309 Posts
@Pedro said:

The end of third party and back to the Nintendo game droughts.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Solaryellow

@uninspiredcup said:

Expected, lower quality product.

Not only that, but Switch users (per usual), are paying more.

Out here the DELUXE edition on Switch and X1 are priced the same. The same is true for the standard edition.