wolfenstein new order - pirated already

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#1 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/wolfenstein-the-new-order-already-leaked-one-week-before-release/

Scene group ‘COLLATERAL’ has already leaked the PS3 version of the game that can be played right away – provided you have jailbroken your console.

Moreover – and according to various reports – the X360version* will be leaked really ‘soon’ (which may translate to a day or two).

for those of you who are disappointed the pc version is not yet available

As usual, the PC version has not been leaked yet, proving that piracy is a big issue even on consoles. The PC version of Wolfenstein: The New Order is powered by Steam’s DRM, meaning that it will not be leaked until the game has been unlocked on various regions.

regarding those wordsof John Papadopoulos, the author of this article - i agree. video game piracy is an issue unrestricted by platform.

anyway maybe people want to talk about this, the state of piracy today versus how things were at the beginning of last gen etc.

some quick thoughts of mine - piracy will always exist on every platform, i think devs/publishers would be best to try and minimise it rather than eliminate it.

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (49895 posts) -

Dirty console pirates.

Not to derail the topic, but check out this Day 1 patch for Wolfenstein, man.
Link.

#3 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

Good job, gamers. Can't wait to see the first idiot to come in here and defend piracy.

#4 Posted by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

Well can they at least let us know if it's good or not?

I want to buy this game but i'm not sure I should buy this game.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#5 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@freedomfreak: that's all right man. yeah i saw that, with my new connection a 5-7 gig patch would take only some 30 to 40mins. but still, that's pretty hefty. not a lot of people live in areas with good internet infrastructure.

#6 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

Good job, gamers. Can't wait to see the first idiot to come in here and defend piracy.

I'm not going to defend them because it is stealing.. however i can't say i'm for placing DRM restrictions in video games considering that the'res quite a bit of games that sell quite a good deal of copies just for being a good game. Though some sell well being a half assed made/released game ( COD, BF4 )

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (48659 posts) -

#8 Posted by CroidX (1555 posts) -

Yep, many games have been pirated before they are officially released on console

#9 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with the double standard of pirating music and video-games, but nevertheless this sucks for developers

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
#10 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1554 posts) -

Those peasant pirates.

#12 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

always the consoles first

#13 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14353 posts) -

Console pirates .

#14 Posted by pelvist (6716 posts) -

The squalid peasants at it again.

#15 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

mha

anyways is it me or has there been nearly no advertising for this game?

#16 Posted by Roler42 (1067 posts) -

And to think people were petitioning against a port for GTA V because "PC gamers are pirates"

I mean geez... Say what you will about hermits, but they at least respect release dates, lol

#17 Edited by foxhound_fox (96808 posts) -

Dirty PC bast... oh hey, look at that.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#18 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (11108 posts) -

Nobody was going to buy it anyway.

#19 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14353 posts) -

@roler42: lol

#21 Edited by MonsieurX (36891 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: dat excuse

B-b-b-ut PC pirates!!!

#22 Posted by billing (639 posts) -

Day one, always loved me some Wolfenstein

#23 Edited by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

but..i thought only ..PC gamers...

#24 Posted by getyeryayasout (11477 posts) -

Well shiver me timbers...

#25 Edited by remiks00 (3794 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Those peasant pirates.

@Cloud_imperium said:

Console pirates .

@wis3boi said:

@MonsieurX said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: dat excuse

B-b-b-ut PC pirates!!!

@lawlessx said:

but..i thought only ..PC gamers...

@NathanDrakeSwag : damage control.

#26 Posted by Gaming-Planet (18764 posts) -

Console peasants are poor, so of course they will pirate the game if they can.

#27 Edited by sukraj (27302 posts) -

silly pirates

#28 Posted by RyanBurnsRed (187 posts) -

This can go right on up there with Halo 4 and GTA V that were on torrent sites before the release.

Most PC games don't show up on torrents until a few days after the release, or sometimes on the same day.

There are already walkthroughs /playthroughs of this game on Youtube as well.

#29 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

50gig for the next gen versions apparently...

#30 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -

lolololol oh such bullshit.

""As usual, the PC version has not been leaked yet, proving that piracy is a big issue even on consoles. The PC version of Wolfenstein: The New Order is powered by Steam’s DRM, meaning that it will not be leaked until the game has been unlocked on various regions.""

lol so basically PC piracy is vastly worse than console piracy, but because Steam is DRM this proves that notion wrong? even though once its unlocked it will be pirated copies will be available because people already pirate steam games.

#31 Posted by sukraj (27302 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

50gig for the next gen versions apparently...

50 gig dam that is huge.

#32 Posted by uninspiredcup (25334 posts) -

The game will flop anyway I think. The last Wolfenstien title had absolute shit sales, it's baffling why they would make a sequel.

#33 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lolololol oh such bullshit.

""As usual, the PC version has not been leaked yet, proving that piracy is a big issue even on consoles. The PC version of Wolfenstein: The New Order is powered by Steam’s DRM, meaning that it will not be leaked until the game has been unlocked on various regions.""

lol so basically PC piracy is vastly worse than console piracy, but because Steam is DRM this proves that notion wrong? even though once its unlocked it will be pirated copies will be available because people already pirate steam games.

I guess reading comprehension and actual facts aren't your thing

#34 Edited by uninspiredcup (25334 posts) -

wis3boi can you change your avatar please, it looks like a underage child showing under boob over and over. Just because it's animated, doesn't make it ok. Really bad taste my friend. Seriously, not joking.

#35 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Y'all know I don't be liking the pirates.

#36 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

Pc version hasn't been leaked yet, because it requires someone to own the game first....and many PC gamers are too tight to pay full price

#37 Posted by KungfuKitten (24683 posts) -

Maybe this will drive sales?

#38 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Pc version hasn't been leaked yet, because it requires someone to own the game first....and many PC gamers are too tight to pay full price

You're assuming that the people who initially pirate the console versions actually purchase their copies?, come on matt, you're not that naive are ya?.

#39 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (22651 posts) -

Bunch of no-good, free-loading, low-life scum.....I hope they fail in life.

#40 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@sts106mat said:

You're assuming that the people who initially pirate the console versions actually purchase their copies?, come on matt, you're not that naive are ya?.

nah, it was just a joke..i hate piracy, always have always will. I dont watch pirate movies or play pirate games (Pirates of the carribean & Assassin's creed IV) excluded lol

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#41 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4844 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

#42 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Snugenz said:

@sts106mat said:

nah, it was just a joke..i hate piracy, always have always will. I dont watch pirate movies or play pirate games (Pirates of the carribean & Assassin's creed IV) excluded lol

Ah good good ;)

#43 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Pirates can be cute and cuddly too!!